"Your baby is now about the size of an avocado (about 5 inches / 12.7 centimetres long
from crown to rump and weighing approximately 6 ounces / 170 grams).
In the next three weeks he'll go through a tremendous growth spurt,
doubling his weight and adding inches to his length.
In or out of the womb, babies are playful creatures. Yours may already
have discovered his first toy — the umbilical cord — which he'll enjoy
pulling and grabbing. Sometimes he may even clutch it so tight that
less oxygen gets through, but don't worry — he doesn't hold onto it
long enough to harm himself. The circulatory system and urinary tract
are in full working order, and he's inhaling and exhaling amniotic
fluid through his lungs."
Moving on up, folks... from a lime when I started to an avocado now..... mmmm limes and avocados...
I begin new pregnancy weeks on Mondays... we need a celebratory title for Mondays.....
18 comments:
You go avacado boy!
Just to fill you in on the great car lock-out. R2 and I had been to McD to get ice cream.He had a very satisfactory small cup of vanilla which he ate with a desultory gusto, taking plenty of time to get it on the spoon and then grinning and flapping a little with each bite. We conversed some but mainly took in the moment. So, when we got out to the car, I very carefully put him in seat belt etc. and felt it was imperative to turn the motor on to have the ac on him. Feeling pretty responsible and content , I carefully locked the door behind me as usual. Then it hit me. The key was in the ignition, motor on, and all doors responsibly locked. Also in the
car were my purse, cell phone and any other thing that needed to be in a locked running car with a little guy with his hat on in the back seat.I ran back to the door and grabbed a lady who was a McD employee. Her response was, as you would suppose, to panic and run for help. Meanwhile I took up my post outside the window smiling and talking to Richy, reassuring him that I would be back in the car soon. He watched me carefully, with that look in his eyes that he gets when he knows he is dealing with an idiot. But nevertheless, with an interested crowd observing from inside, I continued my reassurances. Every now and then he would point to the front seat, indicating that that was where I really needed to be rather than blathering cheerfully outside the window in 100 degree heat.Meanwhile, a motherly manger ran out and helped me by calling 911, we discussed the possibilty of a locksmith, etc. and she ran back in to call somedang body. She was passed on the way by a duo of undocumented folks with what looked like a smaller version of a crowbar. Both rescuers asked what was becoming a common question, "Maybe the little boy can unlock the door?" We settled the question, sort of, in two dialects as the crowbar went through the top part of the window. We were joined by another manager who asked the same familiar question as the crowbar wielded its way around what Toyota had hoped would be an adequate defense system. R2 waited patiently, observing the whole thing and intermittently pointing forward with a sensible solution.
Well, , you know the rest of the story,the worker did magic with the crowbar I gave him an unwelcome hug and me and Richy took off before anything else could happen.mama
oh that is so funny. I laughed and laughed. and avocado boy kicked me a couple times in protest.
Georgia-
Isn't 5 inches kind of large for an avocado?
Tobias Avacodo Clark
TAC
How about Triumphant Mondays!
I know that it must have been horrible locking R2 in the car. A grandmothers worse nightmare. I am so glad that mr man stayed so calm and helpful.
Monday Monday
New week Mondays.........Triumphant,
new ground monday.
Hmmm
Off the subject, I went today to do an alternative form of turning breech babies called moxibustion. It is essentially burning an herb about half an inch from an acupressure point on my baby toes for about half an hour. So far the clinic has a 100% success rate with babies flipping! I hope I don't ruin their statistic...the funny part was that when the herb starts burning it smells just like pot and is very pungent. So the doctor told me they can only perform it during lunch due to the questionable looks they were getting from patients who would come in after the procedure had been done. I can just see some guys walking in and thinking - so this is what "alternative medicine" is! I was laying down so the smell didn't bother me but at one time I looked over at Nate and he seemed to be enjoying the procedure. What made it worse was that he just happened to work all night last night, so his eyes were completely bloodshot and he was out of it! So I expained to the doctor that he was up all night working...So no luck so far, Kai is still head up but she said some babies turn in 24 hours so...
I was thinking more like Monday-ganza
See leah's post? This is the kind of thing she does... incense twixt the toes and what not.
looking forward to hearing about the big flip!
Hey Mom
Leah's burning dope between her toes and getting Nate high, so that Kai will turn around.
100%? really? what is the medical reason for such a high success rate?
Is that it for yall?
Do yall have to go to the hospital now? or do you have more time?
I love the Mc Donald's story. I have seen him make that face like when he knows an idiot is talking to him. I have unfortunately been that idiot at times. (I think Pastor Mike gives me the same face sometimes.)
It seems to me that avocadoes used to be larger. Or maybe they just lasted longer. Mike is very selfish when it comes to an avocado. If I take it and use about half of it, he watches me the whole time and then makes a disgusted face like I am so piggish.
Sometimes there are 4 other avocadoes, He just doesnt like to share them.
There are very loud people making music here day and night.
Tobias Avocado Clark
Has a nice ring to it. Sort of like a jungle boy. Or a research scientist with nerd glasses and a clipboard.
holy gaucamole!!!!
what an experience at mickeyd's
andy has plans to wow you guys with some wonderful enchiladas
i say that although i know it will cause massive salivating from the fellow bloggers...bone appetite
I am suprised that he has time to spoil Jessica when he is so busy with all the grateful happy people he feeds m-f. Andy is excellent at whatever he pours himself into.
I can only guess that last one was Eva, better known as Besta.
Yes I agree, Beth, you are blessed with an excellent husband.
i donot comprehendo the m-f...?
anonymous said, "busy with all the grateful happy people he feeds m-f"
Isn't Eva still in Denmark...
All fans of great dining experiences...salute....
thank God for Andy
Eva does not have Turrets syndrome, as you may have feared... she means Monday thru friday
Either that or Eva is not really grateful.
Bedste, are you in the states or Denmark? Linda
I am in Denmark. It is 10 45 pm and I have finally gotten to a computer after all this time.
Andy and I know that the hard to please people he tends to M-F are usually very ungrateful. He is excellent at the things he focuses on.
Linda will you please email me
Bedste (Bartholamews' Granny)
Hey Eva,
what is your e-mail address? Linda
bedstejoy@hotmail.com
Post a Comment