Well, I didn't review this last week... in case anybody hadn't seen
it yet.
One Night With the King: 2 stars. For costumes.
Really. The costumes were beautiful.
If you haven't read Hadassah, Tommy Tenney's book... you should. It
was great. The movie is pretty weak in comparison.
The thing is, it's this gorgeous, epic story. Esther is, I mean. It's
funny and suspenseful and tragic and redemptive. I could make a kick-
butt script just from the Bible. But they had all this politics and
history they were trying to teach during the movie and somehow, you
can just never connect. It wasn't AWFUL. It was just disappointing
because there was so much to work with. Do you know what I mean?
I mean gee whiz. I want to be madly in love with this king. He's a
bad boy... He's executing people and has concubines and wild parties
and banishes queens... he's rough. And there's this gorgeous innocent
and he is just blown away by her... and they are so in love that he
loses his pride and is willing to give anything for her. Good stuff.
But nope. It feels like Sci-fi.
BTW: I am 13 weeks today. Again. Second trimester. Next week, I will
be further along than what I thought I was before I got demoted last
week.
Oh, and you are totally welcome to disagree with me and my movie
review. I don't care. Just, this is my blog so I get the front page
MUAHAHAHAHA
62 comments:
Toby slept good... but he's coughing and grumpy now... time for medicine.
Now, here’s a story worth making a movie about!
Inmate uses laxatives to flee jail
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- An inmate who used laxatives to shed 14 kilograms (31 pounds) so he could squeeze through a hole in a prison wall. He had been frustrated by the indefinite sentence he was serving, a judge said Friday.
Robert Cole, 37, spent three days on the run from police in January after slipping his 56-kilogram (123-pound) frame through a 15-centimeter (6-inch) wide hole he had chiseled with a butter knife in the widow frame of a hospital wing at Sydney's Long Bay Jail.
Cole, who had been hospitalized for psychiatric treatment, spent three weeks scraping the brickwork near the window bars to widen the space, the New South Wales state District Court Judge Roger Dive said.
lets not go into Feature Films for Families...Rigolleto anyone?
Which Stephanie is this that looks like Tom Cruise?
Oh, hi, Stephanie.
I havent seen it yet, but I have seen enough bad Christian movies to know what yall are saying. Think I will read the book, sounds better.
How is Toby now?
Going to eat homemade Wendy's chili, I got the recipe and it is really good. With some panera bread.... yummm... I am in heaven.
What, no one likes my slick movie idea?
Josh
go to time out.
I don’t think we have the last name, so you couldn’t be my mother.
Oh, and you’re two months my junior, so you for sure aren’t my mother.
Time out? Huh!
If it's just a matter of age, Josh...
SO what happened you went to work for 15 minutes got someone saved, picked up the baby from preschool and now you are home blogging happily away?
I never found out where Crystal got a job at. Where?
G- I thought you would support my punness. I guess you just can’t trust your friends anymore.
---------
Whitewater rafting guides get to work by taking rapid transit.
There was a sign on the lawn at a drug re-hab center that said 'Keep off the Grass'.
What do you call a arrogant fugitive falling from a building? Condescending.
I like condescending...
That one is actually funny.
But still, go to your room.
Crystal was working at a montessori
Did they close down or is Crystal finished working for a season?
what hpapened? Chrysstal????
tell us the WHOLE story!
don't just pop in, drop that news, then pop out without some exspleenation...
Come make me go to my room!
Lsat
just finished watching Pride and Prejudice...
sigh
so romantic
so great
back to the "One Night with the King" discussion: so if an unbeliever (ie does not know the story) would they be more likely to think it is wonderful, or is it too clean?
g- is there gonna be chili in heaven....
crystal- I too am wondering the details of your job/mom story...do tell...we must know....
did I fail to mention...FIRST!
i'm at Andy's new restaurant anticipating the yummy bfest I will soon taste...Eden Cafe still interviewing for kitchen and servers...
Mr. Darcy is so dreamy.
When Elizabeth and Darcy finally get together...o my goodness...
I just love that movie.
They lived happily ever after and every time he called her Mrs. Darcy it was because he was so deeply in love....with her.....never when he was cross.
Ooo I love to watch that movie with Mercy and Madi. During the romantic parts....I like to say "Mr. Darcy Mr. Darcy" and the girls get so embarassed and giggle and scold me and tease me "Bedste!"
Rags to Riches also has positions available......
Register and Back door.
Part time and full time...
25 with a good driving record.
The future people we employ are all going to be able to drive our vehicles....
We cant insure anyone under 25 years old.
Beth Chavez! What are the requirements for the positions you have available?
Jessica just loves it when we use the blog as a huge "Want Ads"
I am currently being tortured.
I have been sick as a world traveler breathing recycled air plane air....
One of my BEST FRIENDS just delivered her first child at 5:30 this morning....
I want to go to her.....and hug the new little baby....but I can't and I won't.
I will have to wait till the little angel is home and I am 100% back to par.
She weighted 6.13 and her name is Haley Gayle.....
It is a no brainer....I am not going to see her and I won't be able to welcome her into the world.
Dad Gummit
i don't think the whole "point" came across in Night with the King... like... if no one knew the story... they might go... "huh"....
Jess... what did you think of Esther running in the rain in that last scene? That was STRANGE! Was that in the book Hadassah? Certainly not in the Bible...
Wonder where that came from...
Ok - I try not to be critical... but I was disappointed. I didn't even like the costumes...they looked kinda weak to me... that was something I noticed... you know, how Lion/W/W's costumes were SO elegant and nice...and European...and perfect... these in Night... seemed a bit lacking... I don't know, maybe they're trying to make them appear more 'real' and 'comfortable' and appeal to modern young girls... but, didn't seem authentic to me...
just my opinion...
ok
well, I'ma goinna get into the kitchen and bake a pie or two...
pray for my son and Papa JC today. there's to be a meeting "late morning" where they can discuss things... J's been evasive lately, and won't stay around enough to hear anything...
PLEASE PRAY...
...plea from a loving mom...
chili - my favorite meal too...
i think i'll make chili this afternoon... starting SOON...
and then pie or pies...
think i'm gonna take my grandmother to see giants this afternoon... we'll see how the day runs...
I want chili and pie. .... I wonder if I have stuff to make chili.
OOh.. I have deer meat.
today is a good day...
remember that...
it's always the day that the Lord has made...
Rejoice! and be glad in it.
today is a good day
deer chili? how peculiar!
when are we gonna start this christmas thing?
I wanted chili earlier too...before anyone said anything
all we have is "wolf brand - chili, no beans"
LAME-OH!
that's right, tron... just jump on the chili bandwagon. BTW- are you moving??
JEEZ. whats the deal with this news?
so here's the story
I have "applied" at simplify, if I get the job, there's a chance I may move in @ 30 leisure ln. with the Philly guys.
but there is also a chance that I may leave for college in January.
I have a few options and I'm running out of time to make these descisions...and I seem to have had no direction for the past two years as far as college goes.
wow...
Christy! (of Randyll and Christy)
that sounds very very disconcerting and should be reported to the State Licensing Agency for Child Care Centers!!!
The health of those children is at state! Not to mention their emotional well-being...
My mother ran a day care for 150 children (part of a church ministry) back in the 1970's and I was involved in it for 8 years or so... and there are STATE LAWS that help to protect the children!
Please, since you have an insider's view, consult the manager/director... tell her you are concerned, and where your concerns are...and tell her what kinds of things she needs to change...and that if things don't change by such and such deadline, you will have no other choice but to report the things. Or, if you cannot work with her in that way, then report it right away.
The main problem is ... there are a lot of non-trained, non-mature, needy persons doing a job that is best done by the mom of the children, and if she is unable to, a professional, ministry-minded person or other mom in the church should do it...
Are there other mom's in the church who need child care where you could do it in your home?
Oh, and there are grants for you to continue your degree... if you can do most of it online or distance or in the evenings after Randyl gets home...
Do some childcare bartering - with exchanging hour for hour with another mom.... and go to school 3 days a week....
Once, when I was a young mom, another young mom and I participated in a Child Care Bartering System. She kept Jeremiah way more hours than I kept Kelsey. Our lives were just that way, but she actually did it in love for me and for Jeremiah... so, I ended up on the receiving end of the stick....more than she did... but now, I look back and see that she was investing in our family and I pray that her family will be blessed... and I try to do for others without expecting equal return now... as I can.... in the ways that I can...
Ok - that's enough mama-talk...
btw, J DID come home, but didn't have time to talk to Papa... but made arrangments to talk Sunday night...
When I asked him "Who's Home?"... he answered, "Your son..."... which is a nice thing to hear from a son who has been so hardened lately...
Oh, another btw... did you see our niece Brittany and Joe last Sunday? They got home and found out she is pregnant! They are so excited!
Chili is cooking...
Pie's are in the imagination still...
just finished a bowl of wonderfully delicious wolf brand chili...
chili cooking here too... smells so good... 1 hour 25 minutes to wait...
hey. a few radiants are over here recording
party @ the clark's!
i wondered what happened to Hannah Bee... is she over there?
our house has been strangely quiet all day long
ok - off to the WalTropoLis... once a year i like to go there and browse and pick up needed items that are usually cheeper cheep cheep there...
hannahbeee is here... as is n8... and daniel was here but he went to guitar center....
walmart is now richer..
and we the poorer...
but we have lots of STUFF!
(still no pie-oh, but i did buy some pumpkin-scented candles)
this pie>>>>>>>>>>>
sure looks don't it??
Mama pc-
Bartering for children is illegal in most countries...definitely in Texas.
Tell Joe/Brit CONGRATS! (they should bring Radiant into Hobbs for ministry to help celebrate...)
8.30 is coming very quickly...
goodnight
and that should be "Toby slept well"
Toby slept gooder.
Eat my shorts.
i didn't slept goodish
see you sooonish
Eden Cafe on 1488 needs dependable, teachable servers and kitchen help; full/part time
beth c
please tell me more about this eden cafe business>.......
clammy, i love your picture... have i evah told you that?
jess - hannah said yore chili was VERY VERY HOT!!! I guess she was raised in a non-Hot fambily
Beth C - is this cafe "Andy's" business??? or does he work there?
Hi all...
it was mild to warm-ish.. no nose running, eyes watering...
not hot enough, in other wards
we Crouses are sissies when it comes to temperatured foods...
except for jpeg
i'm gonna have leftoverola chili now... with fritos...and cheese... better sceond day...
have a good night, jess
Viking Granny said...
Eden Cafe on 1488 needs dependable, teachable servers and kitchen help; full/part time
Rags to Riches on I45 needs full/part time help toooooo
dependable teachable would be a plus too....Tuesday - Saturday
25 years old and up...
Is Hannah over there? Her cell phone is here... Tell her to call before she heads home.
Hello people-
Good weekend up here. TONS of birds, 4 or 5 different kind, in our back yard Saturday. It was very cool watching them all. We got to see a Robin strike in the ground and pull up a worm, pretty cool how they can HEAR the worm under the ground. One was some little finches with black heads, white chest, and brownish backs and wings, very interesting.
Our stomachs were in pain and I was light headed several times this weekend. . . from laughing with Keith. It is totally hilarious when he starts laughing and his body shakes, and he laughs and laughs and laughs. I had to stop making him laugh once because I couldn’t take it anymore. The beauty of the laughter of children!!
and, chili sounds really good!
tsal
blogger clock is WRONG again!
ftirs
so facing the giants was really good. The acting IS a little on the cheesy side...but it TOTALLY REDEEMS ITSELF! There is a scene with REVIVAL IN THE HIGHSCHOOL. Kids weeping and praying and getting saved. It was awesome to see a picture of what thats gonna be like. But anyway...
ya it's good
see it...
twice
peace out
Post a Comment