So yesterday... worked on designing my quilt in the morning... all on the computer so far.
Then I ate lunch and drank my orange drink.... my gestational diabetes test drink which is supposed to zap my blood sugar to the sky and then they test my blood.
So, off I went to the doctor. And began the waiting. 2:00 arrival, in for my blood test at 2:20. Pretty quick.... a few more minutes, time for my progesterone shot. It hurt this week... Then Dr Reed and the other exams.... but my cervix is the same, so YAY! That was my main concern. Then she says she wants me to go ahead and get the steroid shots, in case Brynn is premature at all... so, ok. She has to go check and see if they can do them at her office.
So I am done, I am instructed to go wait out there and see what's happening. They are on the phone with the insurance people... it is taking forever. WAITING. And they are griping about inter-office stuff, which is funny for an innocent bystander. Waiting.
Ok, no they can't do the shot here... I have to go over to the hospital and get it there. Ok. Wait, today? Waaaaaaaah... I already got stuck TWICE. But, off I go down to the lobby to wait for Leah to pick me up and drive me over there... I maybe coulda walked, but I am supposed to be on bedrest.
So I get to the hospital, wrong desk, then off to Labor and Delivery.... ugh.... but! just for the shot. Waiting... really long waiting. Ah, the triage nurse has a dead battery on her cell. So I get in a triage room... and I wait some more. We're talking about HOURS here in L&D. She is a nice nurse, a little chatty about the dead babies topic, but friendly... waiting for the prescription.... by now wer're talking 4:45... and Leah needs to go... so I call and I will get a ride home IF I ever go home.
Of course, 5 minutes after Leah leaves, the nurse is there ready with the shot. OH MY WOW. OUCH.
So now, it's almost 5 and my best bet is to wait till 545 for Richy to get me after work. So I decide to go and pre-register, since supposedly that means I won't have to recite phone numbers to various nurses when I am dilated to 8 and I can't get my epidural yet... oh wait, that was last year. Anyhoo... registration can't take me right now, another victim. So I go get some ice from the hospital ice machine and watch Seinfeld for 20 minutes in the waiting room... she called me back right before I would have had to change channels.
Preregistered... another 20 ish minutes to kill... I thought. Off to the grill where YES I CAN WAIT for a grilled cheese sandwich.
AND YES RICHY I CAN WAIT BECAUSE OF CRAZY CONSTRUCTION.
6:15. I get picked up from my 2:00 appointment and wait until 9 so please can I go to sleep.
But no, insomnia. I give up at 4 am and go downstairs for a few hours. Come back up and lay down. No sleep, anywhere. So here I blog.
And I have to get the other shot today. In my progesterone-riddled hip. Somebody call the waambulance.
Ah, and if anybody wants to help organize some casserole-ish cooking ladies for a couple of days a week... we could really use the help....
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Labels:
pregnant with bean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
42 comments:
You got it Toyoto..........
It will be very very easy for me to drop off food once in awhile.
How about a batch of FROZEN enchiladas..........
LOL
I LOVE YOU....
Pooor Baby......I know that hurt.
Did you like the penguin?
wow, that reminds me of Jefferson Davis Hospital in Houston in the 80's.....no longer there now
That's enough to make a grown man cry.
speaking of waiting
still waiting on Simplify...
for a phone call
just one phone call(with the right things said) would make me VERY happy
Jordan's ancient city Petra was officially declared a candidate Tuesday in the contest to name the new seven wonders of the world at a ceremony amid its rose-colored stone buildings.
Contest founder Bernard Weber presented Jordan's Queen Rania with Petra's official candidacy at the event that included a presentation on the way the city's first inhabitants lived.
The New 7 Wonders of the World contest was launched in 2001 by Weber's Geneva-based NewOpenWorld Foundation, which aims to promote cultural diversity by supporting, preserving and restoring monuments. It relies on private donations and revenue from selling broadcasting rights. Twenty-one sites around the globe are vying to be declared wonders of the world.
Petra, located 162 miles south of the Jordanian capital Amman, is built on a terrace around the Wadi Musa or Valley of Moses. It was the capital of the Arab kingdom of the Nabateans, a center of caravan trade, and continued to flourish under Roman rule after the Nabateans' defeat in A.D. 106.
It is famous for water tunnels and stone structures carved in the rock, including Ad-Dayr, "the Monastery," an uncompleted tomb facade that served as a church during Byzantine times.
Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burchhardt in 1812 discovered the city that is hidden behind an almost impenetrable barrier of rugged mountains.
The city is one of 830 places that the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, or UNESCO, has designated a World Heritage Site.
Nominations for the contest were whittled down by public votes to 77 last year. Then a panel of architectural experts, chaired by former UNESCO chief Federico Mayor, shortened the list to 21.
Interest has grown as Weber and his 10-member team visit the 21 sites. Their final visit will be March 6 to New York's Statue of Liberty.
Egypt's pyramids of Giza is the only other site in the Arab world that has reached the contest's short-list.
The New 7 Wonders of the World will be announced at a ceremony in Lisbon, Portugal on Saturday, July 7, 2007.
you are a big sissy
who's a big baby?
how big?
is the baby still bottle fed?
in diapers?
no penguins, anywhere
Dad Gummit.....
Ask the man....WHERE is the Penguin!
Gee Whiz.........
He needs air you know....
i'm confused...
#1 what is it about a penguin???
#2 what was tthat looonnnng post all about the 7 wonders popping in here anyway...
and #3... what time does AI come on???
hello jess
r.nically speaking... the reason you had insomnia...was a side-effect from the steroid shot... they make some people WILD with awakeness and hyperness... also, very hungry....evidenced by the fact that you are now requesting "casseroles"
i love you...
any takers on casserolling???
i live too far away...but maybe i can make something on a Sunday night and ship it to you via HanBee on a Monday... or cook on a Monday night...and ship it via the college route on Tuesdays? nah, it might ruin in her car all day out at mocoo...
who lives close to you??? give me their phone numbers!! ha!
oh, i see, the President's State of the Union...
i pay him respect...
as i cook steamed yellow and green squashes... and reheat a bowl of 15 bean soup...
15 bowls of bean soup...
btw - cookie servant man made an awesome pot of stew the other day... it was delicious!!! maybe we can take some to Jess, Clam.. whaddya think? it was good stew... a perfect blend of beefs and vegetables... nicely flavored...
clam? got any frozen bags of stew we can drive down to The Wootlands?
is cookie servant man related to cookie monster?
if so how?
If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain.
A cowboy is a man with guts and a horse.
It is easier to get an actor to be a cowboy than to get a cowboy to be an actor.
Don't squat with your spurs on.
Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
cowboy joe
casseroles and such are welcome anytime... and we can freeze extras...
there is a penguin shaped humidifier in my trunk.. or so I have been told
And AI comes on at 7.... tonight and tomorrow
and the steroid has made me have a very red face, and I was supposed to get Ambien today but I had to have prior authorization... or something. Maybe chamomile? Last night was so miserable and I had another shot today
Lisa please email me at Bedstejoy@gmail.com
Thanks
Jess.......I think it is time for a more recent picture of you.....
Everyone misses you so much and can not imagine how wonderful you look so pregnant.
:0)
Ya'll let Lisa know if you would like to get in on the Casseroolllii Contest....
I do not mind delivering Mama PC if you make something too late to send with Hanna Banana......
Jess......MOG was on FIRE tonight..
Very real......
Hey BABY.........everyone is asking if your tastes have changed...what kind of casseroles do you like? What is Brynny craving? Do you still like pineaple Canadian bacon Pappa Johns? ect......
I DUNNO anymore......help!
kiving granny
you're up too late for an ole granny like you...
kiving granny - it's past yore bett time....
kiving granny
i'll get with you soon about meal deliverio
g'night
btw
i saw a huge poster in the hospital elevator today...
and i'm still laughing....
It's an annual humanitarian award given out (yearly) and named after the founder of the company that owns the hospital... the award is given to a person nominated by his/her peers for doing important work for the community and/or making a difference in the world around them, etc. (my paraphrase)...
anyway, the award is named after the founder....
and i had to take a double-take to make sure I wasn't seeing it incorrectly...on that poster...in the elevator...
jess - i don't like Ambien...as far as how i've seen some people have strange side-effects...
i've seen old men run naked down halls in the hospital who had their frist dose of that drug...
i'd rather take benadryl to help with sleeplessness... ask your doc which ones have the fewer side-effects... SERIOUSLY
PLUS... ambien probably cost >50 per rx... where benadryl is only a dime or so... and works just as well
ambien causes weirdnesses...
anyone have any experience?
have you taken it before?
about?
since no one is interested...
you'll have to come look in the hospital elevator to get the humor of it all... and to find out the name of the award...
(unless you're Josh...who may have other means of finding it out...)
good night all you bloggeroonies
and what was his name?
Thomas Frist!!!!!
"The Frist Humanitarian Award"...
ok - we're a'waiting for YOUR story, napalm...
what do you knowa bout Ambien?
oooo....
ambien story...
I have taken it before, but not to go to sleep.
I took it to hallucinate.
And THAT I DID!
I was with some friends, and one suggested we all take ambien. So we did(don't ask me why, it sounded like a good idea at the time).
About 10-15 minutes later, we start seeing things...and thinking completely irrational thoughts. Well, they were rational...but...not really. I thought I was falling over, when I was standing perfectly fine. So I tried kinda catching myself so I wouldn't fall, but like I said, I was standing fine. So, it looked like I was tapdancing.
Then, from somewhere, I thought i was in a jungle(in the guy's living room) so there I am, walking through the jungle, peering through trees and vines(walking between the wall and his couch).
Then I see what appears to be Noah's ark in his living room...and I say "hey...do you see that boat?" and the guy said "ya...it's black and yellow...and it looks fast!" I said, "no it's noah's ark!" He said "oh ya...thats cool."
Then, he's looking in a mirror, talking to people who aren't there...and I walk up to him, and now he's counting the stars in the sky(we're still indoors)...he turns to me and asks "why are you wearing that mask?!?!" i dont' have a mask on, and didn't hallucinate one untill he said it...but yep, there in the mirror...I was wearing a green sequin bird-like mardi gras mask...and I said "I don't KNOW!!"
then, behind me. I see a girl we were with..and she's scared(apparently the ambien didnt' affect her) and she said, "are you guys ok" and since I can't really control all of my motor functions...I kinda fell on top of her...and said "yep..i'm ok"
then I went back to the mirror guy, and he said, "what were you doing in that tent back there with the girl?"
I said "she's scared, because we're high"
and then my equilibrium messed up, and I went and puked, and the mirror guy came and said "oooh...it's moving...red and green...it looks like a bunch of frogs!!"
and then his dad came in and said "is he ok?(asking about me) and he said "ya...his poles are messed up"
then the mirror guy wanted to go outside and dance...in the yard. But I figured he'd never come back if he did...probably wander into the road, adn get hit by a car. Because this mix of reality and total irrationality were fine to us...in our minds. It all made sense!
For instance, there beign a jungle behind the guy's couch, and noah's ark being in the living room,
and a bird mask appearing on my face...all made perfect sense!!
don't take ambien
but anyway...weird night...it's a drug...makes you hallucinate...and it sucks...
gosh, I hate when I do that...
jess...I give you permission to delete the second long story...
N8palm.........I know something you do not know......and that is so kewl.
After you enter your blogger ID and plost....little garbage cans appear on the bottom left of your other posts. All you do is click on the one that is your second posts.
Then another screen pops up and askes if you want to delete the comment....
very very easy.
After you delete it....click the back arrow on the upper left like you want to go backwards to a previous page....and click on remove forever..
Then it is GONE and so is the spot that says "comment deleted"
Very kewl.
Good Morning and I am FRIST after Daylight..........
So I guess my name can go on the poster in the elevator for the
Frist Award!
Ambien.....I sleep well on it...and have no side effects at all.....did not even make me have vivid dreams.
It must be one of those things that work differently with different peeps.
Jess has taken it before to sleep.
What is that thing that peeps take that is suppossed to be natural?
Melatonin. I am sure that I am spelling it wrong.
When I take that....I have vivid scary demonic dreams and I am dopey for days......
You can buy it by the vitamins.
I cant even take Clariton.....it causes me to speed......and heart flutters.....
Different peeps are different.
Some people actually give their children melatonin....I do NOT understand that at all....
Poor little babies having vivid scary demonic dreams....unless their bodies react differently but why take the chance....?
Happy WEDNESDAY
:0)
O my gosh.........
This mornings PODCAST is one of those that you have to repeat.
Confidence in HIM.....
Last night and now this.....
God is so powerful and awesome and THERE
Bring me Lord into YOUR confidence..
I am wanting to talk awhile with YOU
My soul needs YOU GOD.
God show us all how to put YOU first and stay close to YOU and shine @ work and love love love all the people we come in contact with.
Co-workers....public.....show us how to show YOU to them by our actions.
Thank YOU God for showing us how to LIVE...........
Post a Comment