Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Update

Well, Dr Reed called today and my cervix is ok. So no cerclage for me.
YAY! You know, the less surgery I have to have, the better.

Now, for that discussion.
It's just kind of funny. I guess because I'm something of a public
person at church and everywhere. But I find I have to discuss my
internal workings with everyone. "Well, pastor, my cervix is doing
well, thanks."
Last week a stranger (male) asked the cause of my preterm deliveries.
And I just couldn't do it... I just said something like "Oh, all my
deliveries were early" or something.
Imagine, if you will, being 20 something and spending most of your time
with 20 something males. Poor Radiant has anatomy awareness they never
bargained for. All because someone will randomly ask "what's a cervix?"

Maybe a nametag. Hi, I'm Jessica. Ask me about my cervix!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be glad you don't have the lady at Kroger asking if you are planning to "dress up" in the balloon bouquet you are buying for your husband's birthday because if you are you might need a few more balloons... not only is that a comment of a somewhat suggestive nature, it also managed to let my size as a seven month pregnant woman be a topic open for discussion with the elderly couple behind me, which looked like they couldn't decide whether to laugh nervously or just go get in the next line.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have to sign is anonymous because it makes me have to sign back up every time I try to sign in. It keeps telling me that I have an incorrect password.
Hey, Jess, is there any way for us to put graphics up?
I want to make a picture of Leah
7 months pregnant in a balloon bouquet. That one cracks me up
(Georgia)

Anonymous said...

Hey, yall dont have it too bad. At least yall are really pregnant. I have had people ask me when the baby is due when I havent had a baby in 13
years.

jess said...

Georgia-
I guess the only way is send it to me and I'll post it.

leah-
that is just so funny because why would you even THINK that? pretty random

Anonymous said...

testing a screenname