it's almost noon, and i'm responding to a man's post. permission to comment? granted? thanks. =) i don't know exactly what you're looking for or what your experience is, but there are good possibilities with the city and the county.....
on the city site, there's one that says "Recreational Leader I OJCC- Part Time" i could definitely see you doing that--but it's only part time. when i started for the county, i took a part time job so i could get my foot in the door. the Lord quickly granted favor, and it turned into full time. so it's a thought.
josh, I tried some of that Rooibos tea you mentioned one time. It's absolutely horrible. It tastes like you took leaves from an oak tree, mixed them with mud and served it hot. Wow, maybe it's just old. But personally I don't see how you do it!
Uncle Buddy was a young teen who saw an opportunity to sell frozen treats to the shipyard workers down in Houston...in the 1940's... he got his mom to drive him to the shipyards and when the horn blew when the men got off duty, he would sell all the bars he had out of a little freezer on the back of his bike. After a while, realized he could sell more, so he hired his mother to fill the trunk of the car...and they both would sell out!... then, he got enough money to hire other drivers... and then, enough money to buy bicycles for them all...til he had money enough to buy a car!!! with a larger trunk! He bought the car when he was 14 years old... before he could even get a driver's license! He hired his MOM to drive it for him... He was the 3rd of 9 brothers. The oldest brothers (Wayne,Tex, & Darvel went to work with their father, who ran a construction business to support the large family). Bud made the lunches for the 3 oldest brother, the father, and himself and also the younger brothers, Punk, Gebo, David, Dean and Daniel who were sent to school. ( There was a sister and we never heard who made her lunch! Just heard that she got married at age 14 so that she could get out of that house with so many boys...) Anyway, what I started to say was that popsicles were the going thing back in the 40's...
Now Uncle Buddy is a MILLIONAIRE and also my favorite uncle... :-)
He saw an opportunity, he served the need that existed in his community and for his family...and he wasn't afraid to make decisions and to work hard. As soon as each of the children in that family could make a wage, their father "Pop" started charging them room and board.
Uncle Bud spent time as a Missionary in Japan, then built a business in Hawaii, still ministering to the Japanese on that island.
All that from the talk about wax-covered poppsies... Blame Jennifer for my long post... :-)
this time I let it steep a full 15 minutes! then I heated it back up. Not bad...at all. I guess before it was just too weak. It tasted like smelly mildewed wood. Gross...
I'm not sure if I like earl grey better or not. I definatly enjoyed it, but it's caffeine free...which bums me out. A good amount of zugar is needed for it to stop tasting like boiled wood. It's just a strange tea, not something for hte morning, more like a late night...or I'm bored kinda thing.
41 comments:
manfolk...reporting as ordered
A “courtesy” guys day???? What is that???!!!
Don’t you mean, an “honorable” guys day—the honor that is due to every male!
Respect, honor, value. . .
OK, I finally got the work assignments yesterday that I’ve been waiting on since last Thursday, so I’ve got a lot to do.
At least I will know that golden silence is out there for a while longer.
Tron- It’s up to you. . . hold the line!
hmm...comments in triplicate...
so what shall I do for an hour?
OOO!
I've got it
talk about these wondrous popsicles
from dryer's
Whole Fruit Bars...sugar free, and wonderfully delicious.
you should definatly get some
I ate an entire box when I was sick a couple weeks ago
by the way, if any one is wondering...
no job...didn't work out...long story
so if anyone knows someone hiring, that isn't a resale shop wanting a back door guy...lemme know!
it's almost noon, and i'm responding to a man's post.
permission to comment?
granted?
thanks.
=)
i don't know exactly what you're looking for or what your experience is, but there are good possibilities with the city and the county.....
http://www.co.montgomery.tx.us/jobs/
http://www.cityofconroe.org/hr/job-vacancies.html
on the city site, there's one that says "Recreational Leader I OJCC- Part Time"
i could definitely see you doing that--but it's only part time.
when i started for the county, i took a part time job so i could get my foot in the door. the Lord quickly granted favor, and it turned into full time.
so it's a thought.
since it's very quiet around here....i'll share an advertisement.
don't forget Saturday Night 7pm
Feast of Tabernacles
It's going to be AWESOME!
=)
hmm...thats incredibly neat...
well, I thouroughly enjoy the "fruits" of his labor....hehe, sorry, josh wasn't here to do it
skillet's new CD "Comatose" is really good
as are the acoustic versions of Blindside's "Pitiful" and "sleepwalking"
as is Leeland's "the sound of melodies"
if you have a chance, check out "carried to the table" by leeland...
its awesome...like, nuts awesome...
“fruits” of his labor. . . haha, good one Tron.
Might have to check out some of those songs later this evening.
See MPC- I'm not the only one.
Using deodorant is no sweat.
mean guitar playin lumberjack guy...
according to Jess
they are from baytown...
named after the lead singer
not by his choice though
but you probably did, they're in town right now
Hey Jess- Sent you an email over the weekend, how about you reply to it?
I thought Nathan and Chris were going to be working with Matt Henry.
What happened?
chris is...turns out Matt's boss won't let him hire nathan
Eden Cafe is hiring on 1488
grande opening in a few days
weird hippy vegetarians...
josh, I tried some of that Rooibos tea you mentioned one time. It's absolutely horrible. It tastes like you took leaves from an oak tree, mixed them with mud and served it hot. Wow, maybe it's just old. But personally I don't see how you do it!
i think I'll stick to earl grey
i like the guitar playin lumberjack picture.
=)
Too bad sittin around and BLOGGING doesn't pay better huh?
Hows my Jess today?
Powerful awesome presence Tuesday night...
God is so good and merciful.
WOW.......
Hi Jess, checkin in from Maryland, going good. I'm preaching at a session tomorrow! I love you - Richy
Hi Jess, I'm in the same room as Richy in MD, going good. He's preaching a sesion tomorrow. I love you...I mean, I love your sister.
hey, hannah never told me good bye... did she go to mary land too???
Sing Sing Says Hello
speaking of frozen popCycles -
Uncle Buddy was a young teen who saw an opportunity to sell frozen treats to the shipyard workers down in Houston...in the 1940's... he got his mom to drive him to the shipyards and when the horn blew when the men got off duty, he would sell all the bars he had out of a little freezer on the back of his bike. After a while, realized he could sell more, so he hired his mother to fill the trunk of the car...and they both would sell out!... then, he got enough money to hire other drivers... and then, enough money to buy bicycles for them all...til he had money enough to buy a car!!! with a larger trunk! He bought the car when he was 14 years old... before he could even get a driver's license! He hired his MOM to drive it for him... He was the 3rd of 9 brothers. The oldest brothers (Wayne,Tex, & Darvel went to work with their father, who ran a construction business to support the large family). Bud made the lunches for the 3 oldest brother, the father, and himself and also the younger brothers, Punk, Gebo, David, Dean and Daniel who were sent to school. ( There was a sister and we never heard who made her lunch! Just heard that she got married at age 14 so that she could get out of that house with so many boys...) Anyway, what I started to say was that popsicles were the going thing back in the 40's...
Now Uncle Buddy is a MILLIONAIRE and also my favorite uncle... :-)
He saw an opportunity, he served the need that existed in his community and for his family...and he wasn't afraid to make decisions and to work hard. As soon as each of the children in that family could make a wage, their father "Pop" started charging them room and board.
Uncle Bud spent time as a Missionary in Japan, then built a business in Hawaii, still ministering to the Japanese on that island.
All that from the talk about wax-covered poppsies... Blame Jennifer for my long post... :-)
no, the blame should rest with Tron... he brought up frozen treats in the first place....
hey, j seems better... thanks for all of your prayers...
he does not do well with lack of sleep and/or lack of food...
good night... the bed calls...
and if you all talk to Hannah, tell her to write or call... she never even said good bye to dear old mom
ok...well, I tried Rooibos tea again,
this time I let it steep a full 15 minutes! then I heated it back up. Not bad...at all. I guess before it was just too weak. It tasted like smelly mildewed wood. Gross...
thanks clammy! I took it myself...self timer...always fun eh?
hey, tron
Rooibos Tea - ah, yes....
it's Red Bush tea... i learned of it in South Africa back in 1991!!!
the best Rooibos is made like this...
boil the wasser
pour the wasser ovah the tea bag in a large mug
stir in 2 tsp (or more) of zucher
then, pour in melkk lots!
mmmmm let the tea bag stay in the large mug and then make the second cup of rooibos when you've finished the first...
my favorite tea of all... LinZee's too...
Guten Nacht!
I'm not sure if I like earl grey better or not. I definatly enjoyed it, but it's caffeine free...which bums me out. A good amount of zugar is needed for it to stop tasting like boiled wood. It's just a strange tea, not something for hte morning, more like a late night...or I'm bored kinda thing.
later, good night
alts
alts
STIRF
wonder what the count will be today?
guys were a little weak yesterday...
jess, what happened to all your people?
maybe they all got jobs...
Post a Comment