Monday, October 02, 2006


Happy Birthday, Kai... yesterday! It was a fast year...

Man. Life has been a challenge lately. I am so tired and so grouchy... and I have children. So I just have to keep going and going. I am a whinybutt. I mean it. I am so glad none of you have to live with me. On the other hand, why don't you move in and take care of these kids so I can sleep?

Today, Monday Morning Mommy Meeting. Then, I don't know. Tonight... 3 hours to myself. What shall I do?? I don't know yet, but it will be glorious.

34 comments:

Josh said...

That’s a good idea. Good physical labor and a little sweat can really release pressure from stress. I think you should go rack their back yard too.

Josh said...

And Happy Birthday Kai

Kai means wind, right?

Beth said...

happy birthday kai

thrid

and jess, i think you should sleep!
or read a really good book.
or sleep; i would sleep

--well, i say that now, but whenever i get the chance, i don't really follow through--too much fun to be had.

Nate said...

hmm...pork loin in the oven...yum

Beth said...

mmm sounds good
who's cookin?

BethC said...

Irish
PHRASE: Ta suil agam go bhfuil tu i mbarr na slainte

PRONOUNCED:taw su-ill ah-gum guh will tu ih marr nah slawn-che

MEANING:I hope you are in the best of health

Nate said...

I am cooking...a recipie I made up...i've made it once before...it's dang good...and I have to say so myself. I've only made it for myself!

Beth said...

you should share your recipe with us
=)

Nate said...

uh...good pork...some olive oil, sear it on high heat. Italian seasonings...rosemary, basil etc. EV Olive oil pour it in a peice of foil. put the seared pork in the foil. Wrap it up real good...and uh, put it in a 400* oven. I don't know if thats really an acurate temperature. I had to take it out a couple times to make sure it was done. But it's good stuffs. Gotta have good pork though, it's a must.

Beth said...

yum!

Nate said...

alas...all we have is crummy garlic powder. But I've seen that on Emeril and other cooking shows on the beloved food channel.

Nate said...

note...when checking to fore doneness, make sure to wrap the foil back completely...olive oil smokes alot...especially at 400*...but it's best to have a newspaper on hand to fan the smoke detector anyway...

Nate said...

btw...before searing, it is best to cut the meat in half like a bun. More surface area=less cooking time. and you can make yummy italian sandwiches with the leftovers

BethC said...

new restraunt opening next week called "Eden Cafe" on 1488 and Hoea/Egypt. Serves breakfast and lunch (for now) and closed on Sundays.
Andy is the now the Kitchen Manager.

Nate said...

another note...when pork has cooked in a 400* oven, it is approxiamatly 400*...which is very hot, and should be allowed to cool before consumption.

Josh said...

You guys are making me hungry, and I just got a whiff of the cinnamon apple muffins Shannon just made. I don’t know if I can make it 11 more minutes till my lunch break.

Mama PC said...

ok - i'm here...

i have one comment to jennifer...

how can you put a garlic clove in a "whole"?

the definition of "whole" is somewhat different than the definition of "hole"...

need some discussion here...

(this blog is getting boring these days.... where is all the weird humor we used to have???)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Jess must be;
a) fasting the blog
b) fasting internet
c) so yukky with MS and only sleeps
d) ridiculously bored with all of us
e) reading blog only
f) doing an experiment to see how long blog can survive without her
g) still in dream land after seeing JL ( so jealouse)
h) so in love with Big Richy that she cannot keep her hands off of him and is just soaking up in all his hugs and kisses and can not even pull herself away long enough to log on.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Did you know that Tim Davis is Danish?


Sharon, did you know that?

French Germ Dane?

Or is it Dane Germ French?

So kool.....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Three sisters ages 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together.

One night the 96 year old draws a bath. She puts her foot in and pauses. She yells to the other sisters, "Was I getting in or out of the bath?"

The 94 year old yells back, "I don't know. I'll come up and see." She starts up the stairs and pauses "Was I going up the stairs or down?"

The 92 year old is sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening to her sisters. She shakes her head and says, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful, knock on wood." She then yells, "I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who's at the door."

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Very much worth repeating.......

Hey ya know what?

I am generally on here ALONE!

Are you all trying to send me some kind a telepathic, internetepathic message or something?

Helloooooooooo

Viking Granny!!!! said...

OkeeeeeeeeDokeeeeeeeee

Sianara.......Adios.....Astalavista

Favelle.....Ska do had it Got?

TasL

jess said...

what's the mystery about me? I put it all on the front page... you people always know where I am

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Ya ya ya...........yadda yadda yadda....everyone jsut misses you when you don't comment.......Jess you know that! Oooo to be so loved.

Hard job you got there baby.

Josh said...

VKG- Good joke!

Jess- Yeah, we just never see ya comment during the day, but cha got your hands full.

Did anyone notice my pic is Keith munching on his toes?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

God is so kool. .

I remember a time that was so horrible.....and so awesome..

I was laying in bed dwelling on GOD and He made me get up to BLOG.

I know it sounds amazing...and questionable. Big ole God making ME blog.....

I am very thankful...He is so wonderful.....

I was on my way to work...ten thousand years ago..and my car ran out of gas....It was very very dark..early in the morning.. 5:30ish or so.

I had a couple miles to go still..and I didn't have any shoes with me.....(very common for me, I prefer bare feet)

I had no choice but to walk..I didn't own a cell phone...maybe they hadn't been invented yet.

I was wery wery scared.......I couldn't see, it was so dark..

So I grabbed my huge Coffee cup full of Coffee, my scissors out of my crotcheting bag, and my cigarettes.

I held the scissors like a weapon in my right hand, and I started walking.

I heard lots of animal noises in the woods ..on both sides of me..

I wanted to FREAK OUT!..My heart was pounding so loud....

I prayed.......and I asked God to help me.....I knew I was going to be eatin alive by wild wolves or dogs.....God help me....

I started walking on all those loose stones and hard pebbles. My feet hurt..and I could not see a thing and their was NO MOON anywhere..

But there was this little light that was right in front of my feet. I could see the place on the road just enough for my next step....The road was tough and the bottom of my feet were hurting.but I kept moving one step at a time and I didn't hear the noises in the woods....It took at least 45 minutes to get to my destination, and once in a while I could hear the faint sounds of animals behind those trees, but it didn't effect me..I had PEACE and I made it all the way, one step at a time, with God leading the way..

Isn't that so kool?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

After a looong day of work, when I arived home that afternoon, there was a "dear Joan" note from my husband.....he was gone...

I cried and asked God "what was I going to do?" and He reminded me of my walk earlier that day,..One step at a time....He will lead me and light up my path and He will NEVER leave me......


Isn't God so so KOOL?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

My feet were stone bruised and hurt to this day.....a wonderful reminder of Gods Love....

It did my heart good to relive that day.....Maybe that is why God wanted me to BLOG it..

So there it is...

Mama PC said...

thank you for sharing vkg...

it's important what one learns in the dark times...

when it's dark
we search for the light

when it's painful
we look for relief

we can find relief in
numbing activities,
in busyness or distractedness,
but the fact still remains
that there is pain
that there is darkness

O LIGHT shine into this dark hole
O HEALING heal this weary soul
O RIVER wash away rotting mold
O FRIEND... of me... take hold

Mama PC said...

darkness like a knife-like cloak
covers and hides and smothers
til hardly a breath is left

Mama PC said...

but LIGHT

in the form of a small seed

SPRINGS TO LIFE
AND CONQUERS THE GRAVE
CONQUERS DARKNESS
CONQUERS BLACKNESS AND BITTERNESS AND GALL


THIS LIGHT SHINES ON FOREVER

Mama PC said...

join with us in prayer for our son who has refused to come home and actually says he hates his father - straight through text messages...

who is refusing to accept our calls and who blocked our text messages...

we are grieving and trying to learn to trust God in this... in this very very dark time...

Viking Granny!!!! said...

God......O God..

Father I pray that you would soften his heart....Reveal the truth to him Daddy God..Speak to him in his dreams Lord....TRUTH Father....Protection...revelation.

God bring him home. Daddy, give Mom and Dad peace.....YOU are in Charge and they know that....
Father bind them together and give them strength and peace and WISDOM.

Let them find rest and comfort in knowing that you have their baby right in the palm of Your hand.

God KEEP him....Thank you for ministering to him and directing his path....put a hedge of protection around him that the enemy cannot penetrate...Send your strongest mightiest Angels to do battle for him.....

THank you GOD!

In Jesus Name......amen

Mama PC said...

he came home around 2:45 a.m. (but texted apologies around 2:10)

there is so much healing that is to be done...

i want to learn to walk in faith in this matter....

LORD HELP!

thank you all for your help and prayers

on another note, John's dad and mom and that family in WFalls is crying out again for deliverance with all kinds of stuff happening... we're to have a family conference of sorts soon via IM between all of Papa's siblings to help determine God's will and wisdom in all of the elders' affairs (they're 81 and 78 yrs old now) keep that in your prayers too...

they call us the sandwich generation.... those who are in the stage of life where there are still young adults in our lives going through all their scenarios, and at the same time becoming involved in elder parents' lives...

Lord be the OIL on the bun of the sandwich.....
Lord let Your Bread of Life sustain us...

ok - I've hogged the blog logg enougg