Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sunflower Girl- by Richy Clark (2001)


You were only 15 when I first heard you sing
And I said, Girl, someday I'm gonna marry you
We were so young, just having a little fun
but little did I know my words would come true

Sweet 16, and a drama queen
you were a little too much in love with the Lion King
But that's okay, I would say
Because I knew someday it would be me
And in my heart I would say

Sunflower girl, you light up my world
With your laughter and smile, you make life worthwile
and in the years to come, and all we'll go through
every day will get sweeter, being with you

17, the wedding bells ring
And I hear your voice say I do
with our hands held tight and our futures bright
we run into the joy we've been called to

Now you're 22 and we're saying "I still do"
I'm enjoying every minute just being with you
Having fun with our new son
And I'm more convinced than ever that I am so in love with you

Sunflower girl, you light up my world
With your laughter and smile, you make life worthwile
After all these years, and all we've been through
Still every day just gets sweeter, being with you

Every day just gets sweeter
And I'm more convinced than ever
That I'm so in love with you

Maybe someday, we'll be old and gray
Just holding each other with not much left to say
Looking back on a life fully lived, and looking forward to that day
And God your Father in heaven will say...

Sunflower girl, you light up my world
With your laughter and smile, you made it all worthwile
After all these years, and all we've been through
every day has been sweet, being with you
And every day will just get sweeter being with you

27 comments:

jess said...

MPC_ I'm pretty good... terribly emotional, but feeling a little more stable (so far) today!

BethC said...

beautiful lyrics for a lovely couple
10 years of marriage memories
the song says it all

jess said...

oh, and I fixed the birthday pix...

jess said...

Yeah, he might need to write a few more verses... ;)

BethC said...

fyi
servers and kitchen help still being interviewed at Eden Cafe on 1488

BethC said...

I just figured out that Georgia's hand is in the forefront of the "surprise" pic

yah, I was thinkin bout the next verses too.....maybe a ballad-sequal song...

jess said...

Welcome to the Bright Side, Julie...

jess said...

currently listening:
The Collection... Amy Grant... like a best hits from the 70s and 80s.... wow
How fun. I am loving this.

Richy picked such good presents...

Beth said...

the sunflower bit is just way sweet!

Beth said...

hey, here's something fun

go to howmanyofme.com
and search your name

4 people in the united states have my name

=)
kind of fun

Josh said...

That was a cool song, a Talent Offering highlight.

There are 700 in the US with my name.

Josh said...

Jennifer, read the FAQs on the site. It's 1990 data, and 10% of names are on the site because they are so rare.

I guess you're a 10%er.

BethC said...

hey jennifer, is that madison on the Conroe ISD website with her class at Austin Elem...?

gotta get to my truck in the CHS parking lot in darain...
maybe I should blog and wait....

Mama PC said...

ok - here's a game that john and i play... who can figure out what it says frist?

jeu. kess/// wjat cam we dp fpr upi tp ,ale upi fee; better e,ptopma;;u ?

we. tje [ep[;e rea;;u DP care///

;pve.

up b;pggers

Mama PC said...

HOUSTON... or shall i say CONROE... we have a problem...

Sing Sing is missing, the dog Cheney is out of her fence and I hear her barking way up under the house...

as I drove in to the carport area, I saw Cheney running around wild with... a piece of black plastic trash bag! caught onto her tail! that was the weirdest thing... but, then she ran underneath the house (glorified trailer) and I hear all kinds of racket up under Hannah's or J's bedroom!

What to do? What to do!!:?!??!??!

Mama PC said...

thankx jess, for posting the lyrics of your song... that is truly a good piece... and i think it should be recorded!!!

Mama PC said...

yep, Cheny's still barking under the house...and I don't know what to do...

I'm worried about wiring and insulation, etc...

oh, my!!!

I'm sure Josharooni will come up with an idea or two...

jess said...

jeu. kess/// wjat cam we dp fpr upi tp ,ale upi fee; better e,ptopma;;u ?

we. tje [ep[;e rea;;u DP care///

;pve.

up b;pggers

jess, what can we do for you to help you feel better (mystery word)?
we really do care
love
bloggers

eh?

Mama PC said...

yeppers...

sorry - left for a while... doing other thinks...

on phone to a guy (28 yrs) that we new as a young teen - who John trained on the trap set at the church in Hobbs...

is wanting John to "marry" him and his fiance' in June...

Mama PC said...

e,ptopma;;u

Mama PC said...

he called John his "mentor".

it's still amazing what a difference one person can make in the life of another younger person...

like the lady who took me under her wing when I was 13-ish...made me some new clothes (more stylish) bought me some make up. she invested in me...

like the person who actually planted seeds of time and attention... a teacher, a mentor, an older friend, a neighbor...

young people are like sponges and need Godly people to invest into their lives... the sponges are hungry to soak up whatever fluid pours into their lives...

what sponges do you see around you right now?

is there a sponge at your office?

is there a sponge that sits close to you in church that looks strangely forlorn... sadly lonely?

take the time to speak to them... even if just a bit of a word or two each time you see them...

write them a note of encouragement...

bring them a card or a pack of gum...and let him/her know you thought of them...

it WILL make a difference...

nothing done in love is too small

the Lord will bless it as you do it as unto Him...

look around... someone is thirsty for a friend... someone is thirsty for a mentor... someone is thirsty for love

Mama PC said...

i had a patient the other day who came in to prepare for a procedure...

i saw her birth date... and it had been two days before...

i told her happy bday... and she mentioned that no one had sent her a card or a phone call or anything...

she has many diseases and looks quite badly. she smoked for years... oh, and she has to wear oxygen to live now...

she said that ironically, the only card she got in the mail was from Marlboro TOBACCO! What's wrong with this!!! here she has a serious lung disease...and the company who sold her the product that caused the lung disease is sending her a birthday card!

anyway, I found a card that i had stashed in my cabinet, put a pack of gum and a special red pen in the envelope, jotted a quick birthday blessing... and sent it home with her to be opened when she got hom...

pray for her...

her name is Pamela M.

Mama PC said...

the same day, a lady came in very nervous... she said that some psychic mentioned that everyone dies within 3 months of their birthday... so she was afraid she would die during that same period of time... she said all of her relatives died at the same age she was about to turn...

i looked her straight in the face and said "You need to reject those demonic lies" You don't need to believe those things that are meant to cause fear and harm, but only focus on TRUTH and whatever brings you TRUTH. i talked to her at some length about life vs death....and TRUTH vs demonic lies and such...

pray for her - don't remember he name... but she was very anxious...

Mama PC said...

ok - i'm salting for now...

Nate said...

freshly returned Naytron...back from Teague...

Mama PC said...

we missed theee, natron

(i know, i know... i'm off of here)

BASSicallyN8 said...

Lame.