Saturday, November 19, 2005

happenings

Last night I rode in a wheelchair at IKEA. Did you know they have
wheelchairs everywhere? It's been a surprise to me. Anyhoo, it wasn't
any cool European wheelchair. Just your basic blue vinyl. Black wheels,
etc, etc. R2 has really been digging this wheelchair phase. He pushes
from behind, and R1 steers from the side. Sometimes R1 gets distracted
and R2 pushes me into things.
We got a new bedframe and some bedroom furniture.... and it was cheaper
than we expected! Ikea is already awesome prices, because everything is
Scandinavian and somehow they get it (whatever) into these little flat
boxes and you have to assemble it yourself. (In theory, the male member
of your house assembles... however I have assembled many a Scandivian
whatsit because I am tired of waiting)
Isn't that a happy thing when you get up there and it rings up LESS?
This is also a very happy thing because it is getting more and more
difficult to get my rotundity up off the mattress and springs on the
floor. Amusing to watch myself in the mirrored closet.

So that's it. The house will be painted today, the deck needs to be
stained but basically we are finished! Oh and this is such a cute
little place... I never knew it could be so pretty. Bring on the
Yablonskis.

13 comments:

jess said...

***(kissy noises)***

jess said...

I'm here, C.... I e-d you back.
Is your back killing you? Every time I'm up and around my tailbone hurts like crazy!

Georgia said...

Katie! I am so amazed! You actually did it! Thank you so much, it looks a little difficult, but we will give it a good shot! Hey! I am back on. Who knows how the powers of big brother works.
Maybe if we dont insult the blog god he will let us continue.

Georgia said...

Yablonskis prepare to party!

(must not tear up Jess's house...must not tear up house, must not tear up... get yablonskis to be nice...must not... must be nice... tell yablonskis... be nice to yablonskis...

Georgia said...

Hey, I slept today until 10:30 wow, that is a feat for me who gets up at 5 every day. I got up at 4 and took Michael to work at 5 and went back to sleep. I woke up again at six and panicked because Michael was supposed to be at work at 5. It took me a few minutes to realize I had already taken him.

Georgia said...

I copied the recipe onto a word file. Now the recipe has little bitty pictures of Katie waving in it.

Georgia said...

Me too. Tell him thanks from me.
It takes me a long time to do some things also. That is why I am three projects behind in one of my classes.

Georgia said...

Jenn,
Are you there?
I have a question for you about this recipe.

Georgia said...

I need to get some bunkbeds. I went to the ikea website, but it looks like theirs are pretty chromy looking in the under 100 dollars dept. I think that stuff looks kind of like a hospital.

jess said...

bunk beds for the quads?

jess said...

I guess we'll never know, Katie

jess said...

you got it, Mikey.
Bring on the Crumm(y)cake

jess said...

DR MIKEY
I WILL BRING MY DUMPCAKE TOO. I CALL IT ADEROL CAKE