Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Guys day shmuys day

IF a male speaks up before 10 am CST, we will have guys day. Otherwise, PLBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTT

Richy's cat peed on our bed this morning. And by morning I mean 6 am. &%^^&%
She's on thin ice with me, folks. But he loves her.

Tomorrow night begins our 3 days of prayer.... it's gonna be great. You should just camp out. It will also be the 10th remembrance of plighting my troth.

I am so boring on here lately. But I am tired. So I can't be terribly witty.
Soon and very soon, I will be interesting again.
If you didn't check out clark family pix, you should. Cute stuff there.

95 comments:

jess said...

nothing

BASSicallyN8 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BASSicallyN8 said...

second.

BASSicallyN8 said...

ok...everyone go to http://www.radiantrevolution.com/
and check out the forum. There are many announcements/testimonies/discussions related to Radiant which you will no doubt find interesting/insightful/uplifting/etc.

BASSicallyN8 said...

(don't know how to make it a link...don't want to know...)

BASSicallyN8 said...

is this board totally dead?
I've posted 4 times in a row uncontested!

BASSicallyN8 said...

this makes five!

jess said...

contest

BASSicallyN8 said...

Where are all the guys?
Jess, is shmuys an unusual spanish word that I've never heard? Because "shmize" would have read a lot easier.

jess said...

I debated.... considered Shmies....
but landed on the matching uys

BASSicallyN8 said...

I tried all the protocalls...both phones, email, IM...must assume Richy is dead.

Josh said...

The guys are all working 8 – 10 hours a day, so they can support their wives, so their wives can sit around and blog all day.

Josh said...

What a trade off with out co-equal “help mates.”

Beth said...

i think it's great that now that the cat peed in the bed, it's definitely richy's cat.

haha

Beth said...

josh, you guys defaulted on guys day, so.....you might be careful

=)

jess said...

I'll comment when I'm sitting around all day instead of chasing kids and cooking meals and washing dishes and cleaning up after a family and taking care of a cat and helping with ministry and paying bills and keeping up with correspondence and scrubbing bathtubs and changing diapers and budgeting and shopping and having lunch with a friend once a month. Then, I will comment

Josh said...

Defaulted??? It’s called R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y!

Beth said...

whatever--doesn't matter

you make priorities; no one said those priorities were wrong

just don't get to bad mouth women all day.....it's now no longer guys or shmuys day

ha!

Josh said...

Lunch with a friend once a month? Slacker!

Beth said...

hey josh,
how much of your 8 - 10 hour day would you say is actually spent blogging? hm??

jess said...

What is Your Mom Worth?

Families Customize Mom's Job Description and Create a "Mom Paycheck"

Are you wondering what mom should be paid for her work as mom? Salary.com has now valuated the "mom job" of both the Working and Stay at Home Mom! We consulted Stay at Home and Working Moms to determine the top 10 jobs that make up a mom's job description. If paid, Stay at Home Moms would earn $134,121 annually (up from 2005's salary of $131,471). Working Moms would earn $85,876 annually for the "mom job" portion of their work, in addition to their actual "work job" salary.




We found the job titles that best matched a mom's definition of her work to be (in order of hours spent per week): housekeeper, day care center teacher, cook, computer operator, laundry machine operator, janitor, facilities manager, van driver, CEO, and psychologist. New job titles that made the list in 2006 include psychologist, laundry machine operator, and computer operator. The job title of nurse fell out of the top 10 this year.

Now moms and their families can use the Mom Salary Wizard to create their own "mom paycheck". The tool allows moms and their families to price the "mom job", based on location and mom's personal hours worked in each of the 10 roles. Users can create a hypothetical mom paycheck and mom pay stub

Josh said...

Jessica needs her blood pressure raised.

jess said...

I think you have that covered. Sheesh.

Beth said...

mom paycheck--groovy

imagine the rewards in heaven!

Beth said...

bloodpressure

yes, i'm sure that's exactly what jessica needs. you're a real pal.

Josh said...

Claudia Goldin, a professor of economics at Harvard, dismissed the survey as "silly." "The calculation isn't for what anyone would pay an individual," Prof. Goldin said. "Nor is it for exactly what the individual does. It is for what the person claims they are doing during a long day -- CEO, psychologist, etc. And what exactly is the salary for the CEO of a business that shows no profits and sells no services or goods? I think it is probably zero." Mr. Coleman called that assessment "naive," citing nonprofit executives and adding that The Wall Street Journal "writes about CEOs who drive companies into the ground and take home millions. The average mother is not driving her family into the ground."

There are other problems with the estimate. A big one is that mothers aren't trained as professionals for some of the jobs, like computer operator and cook, so their work in those areas may be overvalued at the typical hourly salary. Conversely, a family is likely to be willing to pay more than the going rate for a mom to perform functions like day-care-center teacher. (Some skeptical Washington Post readers raised other objections in comments to a blog posting about the study, and in a follow-up chat with Mr. Coleman.)

Josh said...

From the Wall Strett Journal, baby!

Beth said...

cool thing:
went on a spur of the moment sort of trip to wal-mart to pick up a couple of things on monday night and divinely "ran into" two of ctk's "lost sheep" so to speak, who i've specifically been praying for. very very cool.

Beth said...

wall strett journal stinks!

those people obviously aren't moms.

Beth said...

exactly!

i'm always impressed by how much God cares for them to set up our appointment, but they don't seem to get it sometimes....then again sometimes they do, and that's AWESOME!

Beth said...

i'm not kidding!

what the heck DOES plighting my troth mean?

i was afraid to ask

jess said...

"And what exactly is the salary for the CEO of a business that shows no profits and sells no services or goods?"


this is so SERIOUSLY deeply offensive to me.

jess said...

what a stupid humanist perspective.

I don't have to defend myself. I am going to eat lunch with the PROFITS of my prayers and labor.

Josh said...

I do agree that the statement, “And what exactly is the salary for the CEO of a business that shows no profits and sells no services or goods?", is far fetched.
She is obviously only talking about money, and not minded of the profits of investments in your children, family, and home. I don’t agree with that statement at all.

I hope my name is now cleared.

Beth said...

TROTH: a solemn pledge of fidelity

plight (one's) troth
1. To become engaged to marry.
2. To give one's solemn oath

now, i'm very confused

Beth said...

jennifer, how's your friend in the picture doing?

Josh said...

10th remembrance of plighting my troth.

In laymen's terms:

"It will be my 10th wedding anniversary."

Beth said...

oh anniversary!

good grief....i need to study the dictionary or something!

Josh said...

Yeah Kat, I still have lines on my face from the couch.

Georgia said...

In reference to Sing sing. Last week when Nini came over she said to me and Mike " You know what we need?" "Sing sing" She was having a great time and just felt like sing sing would put the icing on the cake.

Georgia said...

Beautiful house, Jess.

Georgia said...

We are moving into Jenna's

Georgia said...

Josh, get more kids and see if you still talk like that.

Beth said...

that would be cool!

Georgia said...

It is a 3 bedroom with a sunroom that can be a bedroom. It is in the older side of the woodlands and it is really cool. Jenna and Chris and moving out to let us rent it. We are real excited. We will probably be moving by the 1st

Beth said...

public service request
re prayer push this weekend:

my homegroup is going to start it off right at 7 pm by going out to my apartment complex.

we're going to meet at the church at 6:30--so if anyone wants to be there at 6:30 to pray for us before we go, that would be awesome.

Beth said...

how exciting, Georgia!
Congratulations!

Georgia said...

Although, I am REALLY going to have to get a job now. I am in the business center hoping someone will email me with that miracle job. Not yet, but I know it is coming.

Georgia said...

Thanks, clammy. Now it is only 30 minutes to church. And the new house is by fuddruckers, we love fuddruckers.

Georgia said...

Must go, Atascocita calls me from afar. by guys

Beth said...

kat, tomorrow

Beth said...

oo!
i have to go back to work now.
so much for blogging all day like all the other wives...
ha!
j/k of course
i love you all
over and out

Josh said...

Ok, all of the above is all in jest.

Jessica, and Shannon, really know I respect mothers, and I wish all women could be stay-at-homers. I think the investment in the home and family is tremendously big, and God honors it and smiles at mothers, whether working or not, for their devotion and hard work.

All you Godly mothers are great, and I do admire the devotion!

Name cleared?

Check back later…

jess said...

Yeah, okay. But you may have given me something to blog about in upcoming days.

Nate said...

If I were a eatin man...then I'd be eating a sandwich...

Josh said...

Thank you, most gracious female beings.

BethC said...

not your typical guys day...lively conversation.
see ya all at the "storm"
pwc (pray without ceasing)

Mama PC said...

The actual engagement or the

"be troth al" is really the more contractual and or covenanental date and beginning of two becoming one...

Then, the wedding feast and ceremony is where the celebration and consumation occur...

The Jewish wedding rites are a picture of how Jesus and His Bride's relationship are to be...

He paid the Bride Price. She and her family accepts the covenant and then he goes away to prepare a place... At that time, they are considered legally bound together - betrothed...

Then, he returns to get her, she knows not exactly when, but knows the season... and he surprises her when he picks her up. He comes with his friends and they whisk her off to a big celebration...

She and the wise virgins are prepared and awaiting... trusting

The the wedding FEAST is where everyone celebrates the union!

BethC said...

pwcs
pwc
pw
p

BethC said...

the wedding feast sounds like an excellent "tribe" sketch....

anybody play a horn (trumpet) and/or shofar...

Beth said...

i think you should not give mamapc too many ideas; she has too many already. =)

although the wedding thing could be pretty dad gum awesome!

Beth said...

everybody go to bed already?

Mama PC said...

hi clammirific...

Nate said...

I can toot a show-far pretty well...just gotta get me one so I can practice. they's ex-pins-ive. My embechour(spell) needs to be developed. But from not playing a brass instrument for 6 years I was able to play one pretty well...even get a couple different notes out of it..i'm in!!

Nate said...

mmmmm....i'm an eatin man... chicken salad sand wish

Nate said...

in regards to nate's post about the forum...you can read long discussions about me trying to become a music guru...and one about my wife...and how awesome she is...you know you want to come read it!!

Mama PC said...

oh, you've whet my appetite!

Nate said...

this is wonderful chicken salad! GOod job to my sis! it's got pecans in it...I think...and grapes and eggs and wow...itS good!

Nate said...

for the shofar, chicken salad or radiant forum?

Mama PC said...

a little of each!

why are you blogging more lately...? you had been gone a while...

now, you're even on mid-day! (2-ish)

what, you have an office now?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

The Tobe is officially in LOVE with his Mommy.....


He had Gramma and Bedste so concerned... Does the sweety pie need Orajel or Infant Motrin?
Bless his wittle bitty heart....
those teeth and all.....o my goodness.... and that bottle huwts his gums...poor baby....so miserable and in so much distress and agony.....Oooo


Then in comes Mommy and all of a sudden he is laughing and talking and gooing and smiling....

Gee Whiz.......its a good thing she showed up before Linda and I had him rushed over to the E.R. or something.......

Mama PC said...

jess - i remember reading somewhere that vitamins help babies with teething... let me see if i can remember which one most importantly...
i think it was Vit A... anyone else know? is he getting a multi-vitamin drop dose daily?

i remember lindsey seemed to have the most trouble with teething - and i was preggo biggo with hanno during the time... so, i'd pick up Lindsey and place her on top of my big belly and dance and bounce her singing her to sleep - while she cried (in tune with my singing) until she'd finally fall asleep....

Then, just as i'd slip into bed, she'd start crying again, so John would go sing the routine song again, bouncing and bouncing her.... we gave her a lot of motrin, or tylenol back in those days... and frozen peas...

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Bag full of frozen peas?

I gave my babies wet wash clothes and corn on the cobs and stuff like that...

I saw the coolest new thing at Target........it was a squashy mesh looking device for fresh fruit...you stick fruit in it and the baby gumms it....

Maybe the Tobe will be ready for one of those next month or so after his Mommy starts him on other foods besides Avocados.

That little stinker sure had his grandmothers fooled.

Nate said...

crystal has one of those meshy bags for Isaac...he's da cutest in the whole world...

but ya...I've just actually decided to do something on my break...y'know actually take a break instead of standing around and becoming vulnerable to "snatching" where someone comes and needs you to do something...

today I was on during my lunch...chowing on a wonderful schlotzky's turkey sand wish.

I just realized that I've comitted to play 12-2, 4-6, 6-8, and 8-1 on sunday...jeez...I'm goin to bed after church!!! I'm not sure what all I have on friday and saturday...but I know I'm not playin on saturday a whole whole bunch...but i'm not too worried about it either!

Nate said...

hmm...here's the official count..

friday: 12-2am, 4-6am ,6-8 am, 5-7pm, 7-9pm.
saturday: 4-6am, 8-9am(maybe), 9-10am, 5-7pm, 9-11 pm

sunday: 12-2am, 6-8am, 8-1am-pm, 1-2pm


I'm gonna be EXHAUSTED!!!

but I'm willing

Nate said...

I suppose that I have been snatched...I'm bringin an air mattress and a toothbrush! I'll charge 5 bucks an hour for the hours I'm not using the mattress!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Tron, you are going to LIVE at CHURCH.......what an awesome thing.

You will make a small fortune too!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Tlas!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Do we still get door prizes for being SALT?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Do we get brownie points for breakin 100?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

What happens if you are LSAT and 100?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Is there a special combo prize?

Will I get an award when Josh and Shannon come to town?

Hmm?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

100......100.......and maybe SALT and maybe not SALT..

Night all

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Frist!

SALT, 100, and FRIST!!

I bet this one will make the record books....has it ever happened before....on a work night? With insomnia?

Josh said...

Man, these couch lines on my face are really damaging my youthful complexion.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

FRIST with the SUN!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

I found one of those magnifying mirrors JOSH, when I was straightening up the other day. When you look into one of those you can see how many "couch lines" you really have. Even the hidden ones show up, and it is very easy to visualize how you will look in 5 -10 years cuz the MIRROR makes you look 100 YEARS OLD!


YUK!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

WARNING.. Do not, I repeat DO NOT pluck your eyebrows using a magnifying mirror......It makes it possible for you to see all your eyebrows and pluck everyone of them out.......

Thats what I did......

One of my eyebrows is all but gone, so when I realized how I had gotten carried away, I was more careful with the other one, but I had to make them match so I destroyed it too....

I was going to go out and purchase an eyebrow pencil so that I could make myself some eyebrows....

But I am not a very good make-up artist.

I do not usually wear much make-up.

And I might make myself look angry or way too happy....or something.

so I decided to go around just looking silly....with hardly any eyebrows, and NO ONE has noticed...

My Richy told me last night that I looked younger, but I think he was being sweet...or maybe it was the lack of eyebrows.

Maybe my freckles are so numerouse that who can see anything on my face...or ...maybe I always look kinda silly so whats the difference, or.....maybe the eyebrows were really weighing me down and now everyone is captivated by my youthful appearance and simply speechless.

Regardless.....my plan not to paint on fake ones, and create a mood for my face each morning, was a great plan.

Maybe Freckles hide couch lines too.

Nate said...

yes...I'll live there...but when will I sleep?! Not to mention shower...although there is one up there...I'll prolly bring that stuff too...I'm gonna be too tired to go home!

Mama PC said...

tron, i'm concerned...

as a mom... you've GOT to get a bit of sleep! is there any way you can re-organize and maybe NOT accompany one of those leaders?

don't let them all snatch you...(although it probably feels good to be needed and loved so much:)

you MUST set aside some sleep time...

Mama PC said...

tron, are you scheduled to WORK both fri and sat too???

oh, myyyy!

Georgia said...

Need to speak to MOG. Left him an email need to make sure he gets it soom.

Georgia said...

Just tell Richy to check his emails for me.

Nate said...

I"m sleeping during the day on friday and saturday...the ones I"m accompyaninginging are your husband and daughter!

Mama PC said...

oh,... well, be careful!