Tuesday, August 22, 2006

intro to pregnancy ramblings

For those of you who entered blog-dom around or after December... a warning.
This blog was originally set up to give people my information so I wouldn't have to talk on the phone. Thus, the reproductive terminology flows pretty freely. There are certain words that I will not use.... but cervix and uterus and so on... fair game.

This is what I have: I have a body that thinks it is time to go into labor once my baby weighs about 1 pound. My brain sends some kind of signal, and I start contracting and dilating, just like normal labor. Only I start very early. With R2, I didn't recognize contractions, and my water broke at 23 weeks and 3 days. With the twins, I noticed contractions beginning at 18 weeks. With Toby, I felt contractions at 14 weeks, and more serious ones at 19 weeks. But I had later weeks 24-28ish without contractions. So the way we have found to manage this... prayer, lots of checkups, laying down to keep weight off my cervix, and progesterone shots and ocassionally labor-stopping (hell-based) drugs. So there you go.

Now, I am normally a very modest, private person. Really. But when it comes to pregnancy, I have to keep the people informed. It should be fairly mild around here until November or so when they start really watching me. Then, the biology lessons shall begin.

...
Man, I am really hoping that this will be an easy pregnancy. I plan on resting, regardless. But I just would love to rest with NO contractions.
Do I hope it's a girl? everyone asks. Well, I don't know. Of course, I think it would be fun to have a girl. Especially if she was a girly-girl and we could hang out. (If she's catching bugs and such...ewww) But I am planning for a boy. I have had 4 in a row, and it seems like I will keep having them. Plus, it seems easier to have all one gender and share clothes and beds and baths and whatnot.
A girl would be cool. I've just never had one.

...
Hopefully I can go to the doctor pretty soon and find out how far along I am, officially.

28 comments:

Nate said...

yo...frist

Beth said...

way to lay it out there, jess.

no excuses from anyone.

p.s. i'm believing that you don't really start having contractions that early anymore. i think you were healed with Toby.

=)

jessica.anne said...

a girl would be the best Ever... she'd be all sassy & know-it-all and I think it'd be GRREATT!!

Josh said...

Boys, boys, boys!

Beth said...

i think that certain former piney woods teachers might get way to much of a kick out of jess having a girl who was just like her....

heehee

just from what i've heard--i wasn't there

Beth said...

bo berry

would you give servant a couple --actually three copies of the correspondence for 1 & 2 foundations while he's there? please...i really kind of need it today

Josh said...

Boys, boys, boys!

Beth said...

fraternal twins

Beth said...

fraternal twins

jess said...

So, is it a problem that I am moving in 9 days and I haven't started packing?

jess said...

harvy- was gabriella in with the kids you watched during our homegroup yesterday?

Beth said...

jess, yes, that might be a problem, but i know you'll be ok....but um.....you might start packing about now.

harvy, thank you SO much!

oao

jess said...

because R2 was in there... and she may be contagious... hmmm

Josh said...

Boys, boys, boys!

Nate said...

why would anyone go see a stupid movie about snakes on a plane? How incredibly ridiculous.....

Josh said...

Boys, boys, boys!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Man o Man.......Hear we go...but this one is so very different..

I feel Peace Peace Peace and JOY!

God is good.....

I love you!

Josh said...

Boys, boys, boys!

Mama PC said...

girls AND boys!!!

Mama PC said...

strep doesn't always have symptoms...

once, me and john and j kept on getting that infection... and finally the doc had us have all the family come in... and LINDSEY was the one who was carrying strep with NO SYMPTOMS...

that same doc said that non-treated strep can cause heart damage... so, if any symptoms, please get checked out... or, if anyone in a family keeps getting it, get the whole family checked out for sly carriers...

i wonder who the silent carrier is at CTK right now...

who all's had confirmed cases this past week?

jeremiah
kasey
gabriella
...

Mama PC said...

hey, that doc also said that a family he knew who kept passing strep around finally discovered it was the cute little fuzzy poodle who was spreading it!!! she would kiss her owners on the lips...and that is how they kept getting strep!

Mama PC said...

no fear of anything....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

SALT!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Hey Tron!

Friday 1p........

VKG

Viking Granny!!!! said...

FRIST!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

FRIST 10,000 times in a row...

Was not Tuesday night the best ever!

O my goodness.......MOG right on the top of the nail again.


It doesn't matter how many show or don't show, God always shows up.

I want to keep this all day and all week long..and it is possible.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

ABIDE....STAY THERE

PEACE....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

www.mobywrap.com