Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas

Well, Christmas is almost upon us. I have been having all sorts of crafty ideas for making presents... most of which I shall not do, as I am in my "confinement". But I have been reading these message boards with all these do it yourself ideas, and I think I shall learn to sew. After the baby is born, of course. Far too challenging in one's bed.
I would love to be able to sew my own curtains and comforters and of course, baby stuff... I am going back to the earth, a little.
I don't want an organic garden... I just want to cook my food from scratch and be crafty with making toys and such. But all this craftiness will have to wait until April.. or May, preferably. When QMC is born and I can be up and around... and I have my new minivan (wolf whistle).

So, what do you want for Christmas? Like, what's your big fantasy-the-ship-came-in-this-year-in-Jerusalem present? And then what are your normal ones??

And a Toby update: he seems MUCH improved this morning.

PS: a very happy birthday to any lurking schluters ... you know who you are =)

93 comments:

Anonymous said...

mega awesome christmas present?

An official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time

nah...I'll shoot my eye out

I'd rather have a macbook, with core 2 duo processor adn 2 gigs of ram

jess said...

disclaimer: of course I am grateful. I can still gripe.

Christmas is hard when you're pregnant for 10 years in a row... I love clothes. But I have too many maternity clothes. And when I am not pregnant (what a thought) I don't know what size I will be. So clothes are pretty much out. Plus, for the next 5 months I will be sporting my grey stretchy pants and Richy's t-shirts... 6 days a week.

jess said...

I like books. Books always work.
I'd like a midnight blue 2007 Toyota Sienna.

jess said...

3 carseats. challenging

jess said...

but anyway, I love Siennas... and Corollas. I just want the newest ones.

jess said...

Gift cards...are fun, but you know how fun it is to open a present.

jess said...

hey hey
Planning ahead? How goes the romance?

jess said...

I want a sewing machine... Richy said if I go to 40 weeks, I'll get one when I come home.

Anonymous said...

cars eh...

Red 1965 VW Beetle, Ragtop with stroked 1914cc engine with dual weber carbs, or turbocharged. With a freeway flyer tranny and scat drag fast shifter and uh...a matching 1960's VW Bus...for fun

and a 1953 Chevy Pickup...like my pal Caleb has. That I might buy from him...b'cuz it's awesome

Anonymous said...

ooo
4runners...I love them

I found a 2001 or 2003, I don't remember, it was a limited, with all of EVERYTHING...leather, sunroof, it had it all. only 11000

man, i wanted it so bac

jess said...

mmmm... Golden Corrall
when I was going to the mommy group we would grade restaraunts based on their reaction to 6 high chairs and 14 chairs or whatever...
Applebees LOST
Rancho Grande never bats an eye, and they didn't seat us "out of the way"

jess said...

a VW bus to match... what a sick twisted capitalist fantasy

jess said...

Really, all I'd like is world peace

jess said...

and a yacht

Anonymous said...

I'm very unimpressed with Applebees

the food isn't all that great...except the chicken fingers...they were awesome. Or maybe I was just hungry. But the salads, the steaks, the sandwiches...are ALL mediocre. Which seems to be the case with restaraunts that try to do too many things. I think that restraunts should not try to cook all these different kinds of food...they turn out being mediocre.

They should choose a genre of food, and stick to it, and learn to do it well...instead of quantity.

jess said...

hey Jen I just found your myspace....

Anonymous said...

well, I have a hard time choosing between the bug and the bus...I blame it on being vastly German...eh, what can I say?

both my parents have driven at LEAST 3 vintage VWs EACH. as well as my uncles...adn my cousin, and I've already owned 2...

I'm an "air-head"...they're air cooled cars...you call their enthusiasts airheads

jess said...

I would also like a maid/nanny and an interior decorator with an unlimited budget.

jess said...

Guess what I have coming in the mail... A Christmas Story from Blockbuster!
weeeeee

jess said...

I used to want a Bug. Don't know when I stopped.

Anonymous said...

the one I quoted earlier

jess said...

Do tell, Jennifer. I told somebody about your romance last night and Richy said I was gossiping but NO I said because you said it yourself right here on the blag

jess said...

yep, that's the one

Anonymous said...

hmm...beautiful...not a word often used to describe a burly, hairy man

jess said...

that's how my mom would describe one... especially with long hair

Josh said...

I have a lot of bugs that you can have if you want one for Christmas.

BethC said...

12/5
Happy Bday to Nathan and Sharon

and happy bday to Andy
I Love him!
ahhhh so sweet

BethC said...

I had John and Val and my sweet grandson home for a day (to check on grandmama)this weekend.
She is healed!

jess said...

I'm thinking about having a De-lurking week where I allow anon comments and everyone can say Hi

Josh said...

How about "Come Out of the Closet Week"

Instruct on how easy it is to make a profile and get them to do it.

Josh said...

All I want for Christmas is Keith's two front teeth... Keith's two front teeth... Keith's two front teeth.

Josh said...

We can have mottos like "Lurks Are Jerks!"

jess said...

I agree with Jen on coming out of the closet... I don't want to know! I don't want to know! I can't hear you!lalalalalaaalalalala

Georgia said...

I am drowning in transparencies. I brought them home to fix them up and a whole bunch of them I don't think Matt will EVER use.

Like
ruler of my heart
Days of Elijah
Dive me Jesus(?)
His name is Jahweh
I could sing of your love
I will fly away
Let everything that has breath
and O Jah

One time we did O Jah, I think it will never happen again.

Needed work,

Georgia said...

I mean some of those are as popular as the old song

Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Post of Life

Georgia said...

Ha Ha

I am still laughing about that one!

God's unflailing love

Georgia said...

Same thing happens to me. I just will never see that song the same again.

Josh said...

Now come on, you just have to specify WHAT closet your talking about!

If you got multiple closets, blog lurking is the ONLY one we want you to still the beans on here.

Josh said...

You mean a MCF congregation could possibly abandon "Days of Elijah"?

That would almost be blasphemy worth burning at the stake!

Josh said...

After you eat the beans, the effect of them causes one to move around a lot. . . down wind from the crowd or to an empty room at home, so stilling the beans is an art that should be mastered by all married men.

jess said...

yeah, don't bother mama when she's making me some lentil stew

Anonymous said...

gosh thats long...

jess said...

fyi I eat green things... in stews or soups

Josh said...

There is nothing wrong with bugs.

Grown ups are wimps.

Josh said...

Women are also wimps.

Anonymous said...

if you've ever had a phone conversation wtih Briana...then you know girls can talk alot...

jeez, she can go forever!

it's not a bad thing...at all

Anonymous said...

"and
if you are entertaining
this idea
any time soon
you might as well
get used to this!!!!!!!!!"

entertaining ideas...gets you into trouble...heart trouble and stuff

no more entertainment

I dont' WANT my MTV

Anonymous said...

not sin...

distraction,

don't worry about it Kat

jess said...

This is for you, Josh

Flatulence forces plane landing

Josh said...

I feel so loved to know that you think of me when you see news articles about flatulence. You are a true friend.

Technically the article title is misleading in that it was the smell of matches, not the flatulence that brought the plane down. It would’ve been glorious to bring it down for flatulence alone, but now it’s just dumb that someone lit a match on a plane.

She missed a good opportunity to become famous!

Josh said...

Lurking Schluters? I can’t believe it.

Josh said...

And, it WAS turbulence that brought the plane down, if you get by draft. . . I mean drift.

Josh said...

And, the lady should’ve gone to jail. She could’ve killed 99 people. Lighting a match with concentrated flatulence in an enclosed space can become dangerous very quick.

Josh said...

Comment 100

See ya...

jess said...

All I want for Christmas is to kill Ratking in some dark alley... I mean to see my good friend Ratking for some food and conversation

RK- call me

Viking Granny!!!! said...

My dream Christmas would be a
3-2-2 brick home on 5 acres...with lots of room for grandkids to roam and explore and have fun and easter egg hunts.

Gas economical SUV...Burgandy or dark Purple or Blue....

Airfair for my entire bunch to go to Danmark for 3 weeks and meet all the ViKINGS

smaller scale.....

nice weird earrings.........

Nanu....Ipod...

casssett converter for NANU.

Headphones for NANU

2007 Day planner

kool dangly earrings

CDs with GOOD Rock Christian music

Linoleum for my kitchen

House leveled

Wood repaired

Back to the fun stuff

Earrings.

Large Print Bible NOT King James

Bible cover and carrying bag

Big book bags

"Beautiful" Parfume

I saw Mama today.....she looks so good....I was so happy to see her.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

I was all set to STARVE and waste away......but my Stef called and invited me over for Tomato soup and grilled cheese.....


Yippeeeeeee


It is not the Spaghetti that Madison invited me over for (I guess she was dreaming) but it is a wonderful day for Stephanies tomato soup and she really does make the best grilled cheese.

I am READY and gone!

See you all TONIGHT with the MOG

Mama PC said...

helloo

Mama PC said...

...

how come nobodily took a look-see at my blog and my gingerbread houses???

i got new pics on there...

jess - send me yore streetily addressio... NOWWW...

Mama PC said...

got it...

Josh said...

Sometimes we go a week without getting the mail from our PO Box, then we were at Shannon’s parents for a week, so we just got The Overflow Friday from the PO Box, on our way to dinner at friend’s home. I listened to half over the weekend. Shannon is out shopping, and I just listened to the rest while playing with Keith on the floor.

Music has been helping Keith get to sleep lately, but he doesn’t like slow / nursery rhyme / classical music. He likes it good and with a good beat. It helps him zone out on something and fall asleep. I just got him asleep for his nap to “Find In Me A Home,” from speakers plugged into my MP3 player. That song is gets pretty rocky, but Keith likes it. Looks like Keith will be a rocker too. I put the track on repeat to let it minister to him while he sleeps.

Josh said...

What some may find cooler is-- I was trying to sync our full digital camera to the PC while playing with Keith. I plugged in the camera to the USB and went back to Keith while the pics loaded. I was so into playing with Keith that I totally forgot about the camera and heard in auto shut off 20 minutes later. I went back, turned it back on, and plugged in the USB again, then 20 minutes later I heard it auto shut off again! I got engrossed in playing with Keith yet again and totally forgot about it a 2nd time.

It’s just so fun!

Josh said...

I do know, and so should you.

Josh said...

Here's a hint...

taller than you, but shorter than John Terry.

Does that help?

jess said...

AND he has a revivalist' name

Josh said...

Another hint...

He’s hairier than you, but not as hairy as a grizzle.

Does that narrow it down more?

Josh said...

So Jess, is Keith a rocker or is he a rocker?

Mama PC said...

He has beautiful blue? eyes and a smile like Jesus'

He has a heart for God...

He spends most of a worship service on his face...

or singing his heart out...

Matt

Mama PC said...

he's a rocker

Mama PC said...

He also has the name of a commentator on the Bible...

Josh said...

And, the begining of his last name is that of a farm animal.

Mama PC said...

cluck cluck cluck

pok
pok
poooooawwwwwkkkkk

Mama PC said...

oh, no...

Mama PC said...

i feelll.....

somewhat....

like.....

jess said...

that oughta do it, josh... very clever

Keith may be a rocker... or a very small poser

Josh said...

The Hulk?

jess said...

50 books I want... thinking...

Mama PC said...

uh - oh...

pawk

pawk

pawk

don't mention the first syllable of Matt's last name again...

look what happened to me.ssssssswaaaaaaaaaawwwawk!!!

Mama PC said...

good night all!!!

pluck pluck
pluck

x x
~~~

Josh said...

HA!

Keith eats Mother Goose nursery rhymes for lunch!

He’s such a rocker that Radiant’s slapping drums and popping bass can’t even keep him awake!

Mama PC said...

oh jess,,,

btw....

you're getting FAT!!!

goodnight

(write that list!!!)

Josh said...

Did you ever listen to the audio books? Whatcha think?


Hey, when does / did R1 start his new job?

Mama PC said...

Christmas is Coming
The Goose (Hen) is getting Fat!
Pleased to put a penny in the old man's hat!
If ye 'aven't got a penny
A h'ay (half) penny will do...
If y 'avan't got a h'ay penny...
Then God bless YOU!

Mama PC said...

Good morning ya'll!!!

Anonymous said...

hizz...owdy

RadRev...was awesome...for those who didn't go. Well, Richy did it...we finally wore him down. He did it....


gosh, i can't believe he did it!!


man, what a suprise..

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Its not officially Guys day tell Jess says it is so I am posting.

Jessica.....are you going to post your 50 fav books? That will help.

And if you get 2 or 3 or the same titles..........just have Your Hubby or Your MOM or your MIL go and trade it in for a different title.............


You read them and finish them so fast.........do you want used new or library or are you going to name 50 books that you want to own and keep?

Hmm?

This Friday is the big DAY!


Praying parties going on three locations.

Guys Parta.......Girls Parta and then Bedste praying...

We should have a blast.......

This will be our first all kid sleep over ever.....with all the same family........

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

Mama PC said...

bedsta... what's this parta you're referring to???

i heard about the guy prayer meetnig somewhere...

what else is going on?

bye - going to verk

Josh said...

Guy's Day? What's Guy's Day?

I don't have the time to keep up Guy's Day alone.

GOOD MORNING
Happy Wednesday
Be Blessed
Find Rest

Josh said...

Brush with Crest

Josh said...

Verses I was looking at this AM:

The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord, but the words of the pure are pleasant. Proverbs 15:26

He who disdains instruction despises his own soul, but he who heeds rebuke gets understanding. Proverbs 15:32

The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility. Proverbs 15:33

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh said...

Shannon and I were just talking about that issue a couple weeks ago. You can’t boycott every store that isn’t “Christian owned and operated.” They are secular stores, trying to please everyone; and taking advice from PR people that are secular. Do you boycott every person that doesn’t celebrate Christmas? Telling the stores how you feel and trying to make a difference is part of being “in this world, but not of it.” If you boycott every store like that, then you’ll be buying all your stuff at the corner store.

Then, all your shirts will have Harleys and monster trucks on them. . . but at least you can get a Big Gulp on every shopping trip.

jess said...

upstairs