Thursday, December 29, 2005

Baby Tobias is Here!

12/28/05 7:45 4lbs 14oz
Pictures coming soon.

Toby is having some hard time absorbing oxygen. He is currently on a
ventilator which is basically doing half the work for him. Jess and I
were hoping to have a free for all visitation today, however, because
he is not stable yet, we feel it wouldn't be good to have a lot of
people come see him right now. Everybody can visit us, it just may be
a while for everyone to see Toby. (He is currently in the NICU) The
pictures I will post (as soon as I get my dv cable from home) are
beautiful.

Jess is having a real hard time with this, because she is not allowed
to feed Toby until he stabilizes, plus he wants his mommy and doesn't
understand what is going on etc...
Despite his breathing issues, he looks really good to me. He looks
like a big baby. He's looking around great, and before the ventilator
went in, he was crying great too!
I've decided he looks the most like Calvin Stanley, with his body frame.

Thank you all for your prayers. Leah asked me last night what the word
I got concerning him when Jess was 18 weeks in pre-term labor and it's
from John 14- 16 "In this world you will have tribulation...but my
peace I leave with you." Toby's name was to mean peace, (middle name
Paxton) . So we are in some tribulation, however, I believe we have a
promised victory. May Tobias be with his mommy before the year is
over! Glory! - Richy

40 comments:

BethC said...

welcome Tobias Paxton
Jess, you did great!

jess said...

Hi everybody. You will not believe how beautiful Toby is.... and a full head of dark hair! how the heck did that happen?

I am beginning to feel a little better as I adjust to the shock of all this... your prayers mean so much

jess

ps
owwwwwwwwwwwww

Georgia said...

Dad was part portuguese, but he sure did look like an indian, didn't he?

Georgia said...

Toby has Dad's fingers. Dad had these really long fingers and Toby has them too. He also has the broad shoulders that Dad had. It is hard to tell about his face yet, but he doesnt have that scandinavian look that R1,2 and Rob have.

Georgia said...

It must be there somewhere, because he sure did look like some chief, but all we know about for sure like that is the portuguese.

Georgia said...

R2 had that skinny danish look from the beginning. He was born with it. So I would be surprised if Toby gets it.

Georgia said...

Also the twins looked scandinavian from the onset.
Toby is carrying a lot of fat.
He is 1/2 of Kai.

jess said...

There is one picture I'll post when I can, where if you put a handlebar mustache on him, he'd be Calvin.

Yes, you can make this the "official" page for updates. I'll post major updates on the main page.
Were about to go see Toby. If he goes off the ventilator today, then Jess will get to hold him. Thank you all!

Georgia said...

Uh- oh the chicken or the egg?

Yikes, somebody tell Leah and Nate.

It means wind.
He was born right after Rita.
Isnt that interesting?

Georgia said...

yeah, who is prince stewart?

Georgia said...

bye Katwoman, I wont tell anybody that you are Connie.

Georgia said...

Thank God for all the many prayer warriors that are willing to pray on Toby and his parents' behalf.

Georgia said...

Woops! Did I say that? Wow, I meant that I wont tell anybody that she is funny.

Georgia said...

Jennifer I am starting to think of you as Katherine Hepburn.

Georgia said...

Mrs. Tullos is Prince Stewart or katwoman?

Georgia said...

I would love to party with you. I am home now though, I went last night and I am so glad I did. I love seeing new nieces and nephews come into this world. Being an aunt is so awesome! I just love it.

Georgia said...

Everybody can visit us, it just may be
a while for everyone to see Toby. (He is currently in the NICU)

This is pasted from the front, so they said anybody can come, you just cant see Toby.

Georgia said...

I am not sure I will make it to Sat night. I live in Atascocita now. I live right on the lake. I have a lake view right out my window. So I cant come to every function, since it is an hour and a half to CTK.

Georgia said...

I beg to diffa dahling.... You ahhh quite a lady of sophistication.

Georgia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Georgia said...

Ahhh!trash that thought! Too much of a drag.

Georgia said...

Must go buy some stuff for lunch and dinner today. I hope when I come back I will get to see Toby with his handlebar moustache, looking like Dad.
Love Yall

BethC said...

Andy is part Portugese, too.
What a blessing for Toby to have such a strong resemblence to Cal.
Praises to Him!

BethC said...

Andy's mom's (Veronica) ancestors, Portugese

Georgia said...

Portugal is a country right next to Spain, that would make it hispanic wouldn't it?

BethC said...

G, tell us what every "Lablonski" party has to include. Party hats, music, and.....

BethC said...

next to Spain and part of Europe
so that would be European-Hispanic. andy always says "just don't use the word 'panic' in my name".

Georgia said...

I think what that means is it is ok to come and see him and Jess, but you would not be able to see Toby today.
That is what I understood.

Georgia said...

Rob is just feeling a little possesive. He'll get over it.

Georgia said...

Well, seeing as if you suck your cheeks in and wear something loose the nurses wont know you from Richy, I guess you will get to see him.

Georgia said...

Unless things have changed since last night, Julie, they told me that everybody could come to the hospital and visit the adults. Just a little harder to get people in to see the baby so they were not going to do that.

Georgia said...

Rob, are you Considerably heavier than your brother?

Georgia said...

Who said we were making fun?

JD just said that he said he was heavier.

Eli looks so cute.

Josh said...

or else I’ll show you my bloated gas! (that’s what I would add)

Georgia said...

Did you see that Shannon?

Well, seeing as...

Pure lingo right there, you can take it to a Texas bank.

Georgia said...

The power of farts, what a phrase.

I think someone should name their band that.

BethC said...

is this gas day?

Georgia said...

Hey, have you heard the new Power of Farts song?

jess said...

Wow, better go upstairs, new post...

Georgia said...

Are we going upstairs?