man. what a life I am having. I started to say what a week... but
what a life. Busy and good... and tiring.
Brief recap of N-ville-
drove 14 hours or so there stopping for potty breaks... Toby cried a
LOT.
Day 1 stopped by the Fortress and sat in the van while Richy went and
talked to our contact people. As we sat there, the sound of the
worship and prayer was coming through the open door and we couldn't
take it so we went in for a minute and soaked it up. Then we drove to
the host home and met and slept.
Morning. Bagels and such. Off to prayer. Lou spoke about taking siege
of a city... SERIOUSLY amazing prophetic message- some keys: a. Don't
lay siege to a city unless you have a specific place in mind (he made
the comment military commanders never say Just go siege something
=) ) b. Don't lay siege unless you are commited to victory. c. Take
territory and make a stand. .... Eddie James led worship and it was
beautiful.... there is a video clip on http://www.clarkfamilypix.blogspot.com
Other sessions- a worship team from IHOP Kansas City, and Corey
Russel from there... and Eddie James again with Will Ford. If you
have never heard Will Ford, you should read History Makers by him and
Dutch Sheets. He is great... we are going to have him come and preach
at RadRev sometime.
And we led worship one morning and one evening, I think. I sang both
times. Everybody stood in front of Hustler Hollywood with Pure Life
blindolds on... representing purity in our eyes. (Pure Life is
targeting getting p0rn out of the church first, pureliferevolution.net)
Our sessions were a blast- the Sunday night one we led worship and
there was some resistance (prophetic kids sometimes have a problem
with "tight" music- they think it's a show- we usually win them over
by ignoring them and worshipping)
Richy preached and the Holy Spirit was hitting him so hard he could
hardly talk or stand up. He prophesied over some people and the faith
level went UP and then he preached and we all prayed for everyone.
Every day began at about 7 for us and ended at 2 or so, then another
14 hours home. Sleep? I laugh at thee.
And then last night was an awesome Holy Spirit meeting but I am tired
of typing and so you will just have to come to next Tuesday and watch
the awesome VIDEO recap.
ahh my people. I missed you.
50 comments:
it felt great to sing- especially the atmosphere-setting preservice stuff with Hannah.... I have missed that
Tight music is music that is tight. Just kidding. You know, all the instruments play the right thing at the right time and it sounds like you practice all the time but really it's a combination of relationship and anointing- even spontaneous songs sound like "real" songs
And Servant- Goose Morning to you, too.
see, these kids (and I am included) are so hungry for genuine worship that is not about the BAND, or the music. So if it sounds sloppy and raw and heartfelt, it's forgivable. But if it sounds coordinated and rehearsed (even if it's not) then they tend to be skeptical of our genuine-ness... for a song or two
can I just say in all humility that I despise tambourines with an unholy passion, all in the spirit of gentleness, of course
At one point in my Radiant career I did play a tambourine. But not well.
And one tambourine with good timing can be a good thing.
Multiple tambourines with questionable timing on You are Holy is never a good thing.
intwesting...
where is my friend Josharoo? He is a SKILLED tambourinist
It's not taboo at all.
I haven't gotten to read it yet- the library doesn't usually get them until a couple months post-pub
But it looks awesome.
Have you read it?
Godless: the church of Liberalism- wowzer
wow!
this is great.
girls talk about cool stuff. 8)
in regards to tambourines:
i think our distaste for tambourines might have something to do with the severe overuse and extremely poor (in a musical sense) use we all endured in the 80's.(at least i did)
in regards to sounds and worship:
i find i stomp a lot. seems like it has something to do with marching for war. but i'm not always sure.
comments?
Oh shnikes. I forgot about guys day. Oh well.
it doesn't look like the guys had much to say.... 8)
I started playin drums (all percussion) 2 times in the last few days during prayer at TFH....i have never played before...
I want to really learnem
yet even lifeless things, either flute or harp, in producing a SOUND...produce distinctive tones...who will prepare for battle
yeah,
i think i could get into things like bongos or moroccas (sp?).
i've had a couple very brief opportunities for such,and it was fun.
most tamborines hurt my head/ears...
cool, marching battle sounds
let's say this is the guys day topic
maybe one or two times i remember hearing someone play a tambourine, and it sounded good.
but i've never been able to produce such pleasant sound.
maybe the biblical tambourines were different than the tinny things we have now
ok cuties
oao
i missed all of your talk...
when i've been in corporate intercession/prayer and during spontaeous times, I'm feeling this loud song coming up from deep inside me - not words as much as it is a SOUND... a strong, musical, melody that is being released from deep in my spirit...as a call... as a voice... as a cry... as a knife... i can't describe it more than that... but, that by my being obedient to opening my mouth, opening my throat, submitting my vocal cords and my lungs and diaphragm to God that the SONG will go forth from me and do the work He wants it to do.
It's a thing of the spirit... that my mind cannot comprehend. But my spirit knows something and is acting. So, I open up and let'ter rip...
tambourines,yeah, If I had any rhythm at all I would despise them, But Since I dont know they are off they are fine with me, but when I play them I know there is something terribly wrong with me.
Yes, we are still praying for a drummer at TFH. We have some in the congregation that may end up being "the guy" but until then it is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.
I love Mac Powell
Is this sacreligious?
I mean its just the music, He is so great!
Ok, someone has to say here that Mac is overdone and sold out to the commercial beast, wonder who it will be?
My guesses for the underhanded Mac P comment
Matt
Daniel
Josh
Jess
Richy
Ok, that is enough.
Who will it be?
Hey, Jennifer
Can you have chocolate instead?
I had that problem when I gave up cokes and diet cokes. Bad Headache. The good thing is it will be gone tomorrow.
Ahhh, yes the simililarities between stray cats and caffeine addiction.
Wouldnt that make a good book.
How I kicked caffeine and cats.
sorry i missed you katie i took a 4 hour nap (hope i sleep tonight)
jennifer, have someone massage your great toes really good. sometimes that will help relieve a bad h/a...
i'm sure your boss would want to see you having THAT done, right there in your office...
go ahead, remove shoes and socks... floss betwixt the toes with the socks... spray with some smell-good.. and have your neighbor worker rub those big toes...
might help...
Josh has company... so, they're out gallavanting...
Mere and Jere and Josh and Shan... with Keithereety!!!
home from work...yay
Naytron!
Had any BAVARIAN CREAM FILLED MAPLE BARS lately?
You WERE the one who started the whole mess, with Jacob being a piglet and all.
You know how those WALSH's are!
jennifer
servant says try pinning clamps (i'm thinking clothes pins) to your toes for a pain free night's sleep. 8)
clam and servie to the rescue again........
toe clamps... new invention for headache relief... marketed under the brandname SERVIECLAMP WONDERS
i thought it was jacob MATHEWS who stole hte bav cream donut...
i wouldn't think the WALSHes would steal donuts...
the matthews??? hmmm.. maybe...
what would DANIEL think???
very silly mamapc
you're up very late tonight...did that nap do in your sleep schedule?
i'm ready for sleep again...
thankfully, i start a few weeks of 8:30 arrival timmes!!!! yippee!!!
8:30 or 9:30!!! i'm glad.. i'll be relieving the nurses on vacation in the pre-testing area of our dept, so mostly will be administrative, plus histories, plus drawing labs and doing ecg tests. then i have to check that the correct account # is on the computer and the correct surgery has been scheduled on the surgery schedule for the particular patient..and tell them their instructions and their arrival time, etc. Will be off my feet more... with occasional breaks of the patient flow. So, should be a little stressful at first, as i learn the routine, but then ease up over the next few weeks...
ready for bed... so, good night, all...
nighty night pammy
sweet dreams
good night to you all too...
tell us about your igloo one day...
hugs
nite clam
nite b.berry
nite servant
nite jess
ok, i know that you all have supposedly gone to bed, but when you get up, go to my clam blog (not the autobiography one) and read my story about my crazy stressful afternoon in court.
O my goodness........It WAS Mathews........
Forgive me Walshes....
Man those Mathews....can you believe those crazy people....
Hungry donut theives........
well, off to bed...I haveta get up and go to work...long days in front of a big fan...not to bad eh? Gotta get some better shoes though!
lsat..........salt....yes I am salt...SALT.......
Tals.......
Work comes early squirrelly!
Bless your heart...!
Bless your feet too!
Bless your heart...!
Bless your feet too!
No you are not. I am lsat. I have dethroned the Great Nurse and the Great Battered Woman Nurse, for I am finally lsat!
Tomorrows topic of conversation.
How many M&M's are there in one small bag? This is not including the peanut kind.
I hope that you can't find this info online.
Kat, sometimes you are just plain spooky. ( this is meant to be a compliment)
Good night, maybe I will not be dethroned as Lsat Queen. We will see.
Too Bad so sad!
man o man......
what a looooong week......
Just now Wednesday.....
Lsat!
Ok, Danish Granny got one over on me!
G-ya know I love ya, but when it comes to being LSAT, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Another day at the grindstone!
Love you guys!
Georgia, maybe Servant will open a bakery and prepare a couple dozen Custard filled Maple bars for all 3 of us. You - Naytronola- and myself............Didn't someone else want some?
peace out...off to the yob...mmm...Mac Mini...
I love my little bro's compy. It's so small, and fast, and virus free.
OOOH!! JESS! There's three new Mac vs. PC commercials. Check them out. THese are a little more raw towards the PC world. Not so playfully vindicitive about Mr. Gates getting the upper hand in the market. But...hehe...they are vindicitive!
Post a Comment