From all reports, last night's meeting was great. Unfortunately,
Toby refused to attend, or to stay in the nursery.... so the whole
night is kinda a blur of shrieking to me..
Oh well. Maybe next week he'll be used to it again.
Today is my twin's birthday. They would be two.
I don't really want to write about it here... too much of a sad
thing. They are greatly missed. I will always be a little envious of
heaven for their company....
This is supposed to be guys day... but nothing shuts a blog down
quicker than a sad story. So we shall see....
reminder: I am going out of town tomorrow, and may not have internet
again until Monday.
15 comments:
My mouth is watering.
Welcome back servant!! How was / is school?
Starbucks has a new line of frappucino flavors. Banana. I got a Banana-Caramel Frap today. It's really good! And the Lord blessed me with a free up-sizing! Ordered a grande, got a venti.....oh ya. Well, anyway, I'm off to fill out more applications...TX DOT is looking...MCWC might not work out. But thanks Eva!
the banana is real! not fake banana flavoring, but real bits of banana, at least I think thats what it is. Banana is a fun word to type, banana banana banana...kinda like hannah, but kidna mixed around a little bit. banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana....soo..ya
stirring insight, naytron
8)
where IS everyone!???
i had the most challenging day EVER at work! but God has been preparing me...
it was way more than I could handle... but, with His strength, "we" did it...
too long a story... but in a nutshell, a doc tried to see how far he could push me today, to see if i would back down, to see if i would quit, to see if i would run out of the room crying... from 8:30 - 1:15... seriously... he even told me that he would be "trying me" to see if i had what it took to work in his room...assisting him... anyway, i perservered, spoke respectfully but forthrightly to him, kept calm and sweet,...even when he was cruel, mean, inpatient and almost, yes... he was bullying me! but, he's a very very good doctor in his field... and, anyway, at the end of the cases, he looked at me and said "Pam, you did good..."
So, I was shaking by that time... exhausted... but, I was so glad it was over. Now, they've asked me to "orient" in that room again tomorrow! I know this is best, to really get a handle on his "style" of leading the team and commanding the show... but I will need peace and rest tomorrow (and tonight to sleep) so, PLEASE everyone PRAY for me...starting... now...
I understand that from his standpoint he doesn't want a meek or wormish nurse blindly sedating his patient. He wants to know that I'll TALK to him and that he can trust me to communicate, even when he's in a bad mood... He wants to know that I won't just clam up under stress, but to work for the safety of the patient. He's a little difficult, but I have said and believe that sometimes the harsher personalities in doctors (toward the nurses)actually are really trying to do the best for the patient. They just have poor people skills... He will have a lesson or two to learn from ME over the next few months/years as I humbly and respectfully submit to his authority but also mix a bit of love and servanthood into his arena....
Life shore is interesting!
don't forget me tomorrow! :-)
jess - i thought of the twins today... even before i read here about them...
I DO have a job!!! w00t w00t...praise the Lord!
congrats natron
anyone heard from katie lately?
did you get the job you desired?
thinking of you katie...
lsat for this hour...
nite
mamapc,
i'll be praying for you.
it's awesome that God put you in that place to be God's love and strength and goodness. And He will be with you. don't ever think otherwise. You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you.
i love you.
beth
Where did you get a job and what do you do, Nayton?
Sorry, Pam, sounds like a bad day. Someone bring that woman a really good dessert to eat.
Servant you are always making yummy food.
Frist!
Fisrt!
Trifs!
Strif!
MEMEMEME!
Second!
Descon!
Nosced!
jobs vs careers
jobs vs careers
jobs vs careers
Post a Comment