Friday, June 02, 2006

Happy FRIDAY

Wow. It's June already. I just switched my wall calendar to May a
couple of days ago.
What is it with me and time? Did you know (some of you do) that we
only have 2 clocks in our house, 3 if the coffeemaker is plugged in?
That is- the annoying and much hated alarm clock, and the microwave
clock. The beauty of this is that time ceases to exist in my home.
It's all relative, anyway,
And besides, I can hardly read analog clocks. I sit there figuring
out which hand is the big hand (well, there's a LONG hand and a FAT
hand), then I remember which ones signifies what (the hours and
minutes). Then I multiply by 5. By the time I get there, it's 5
minutes later. Not worth it.
Digital is the way to go. And my little internal clock. *breakfast
*snack *lunch *couple of snacks *early dinner *dinner *late
dinner.... and so on.

So anyway, it's June. And that means a birthday in our house... R2
will be 7. Wowzer.

PSA
Pentecost Service tonight @ CTK.... 6:00 by some reports



edited to say: it says 7:00 on the MCF website, so there you go

12 comments:

jess said...

kat
fast if you wish, but I like your loquacity, which I do not consider excessive or garrulous

BethC said...

time
it's like a gift of wealth to me
and I am a collector of clocks (use to desire unusual watches, but I decided not wear a watch anymore). Now watches remind me of slavery at a job, but my palm (with digital time) seems more like a helpful friend.
I actually prefer face clocks, as I fondly refer to them, and I feel a coldness by digital because it seems to be conveying superiority over my intelect by "giving" me the exact time with its bright neon light instead of gently providing the hour&minutes.
I just read a bio about a scientist who looked at life from unique perspectives, and used her curiosity to discover cures for diseases. She had a clock made that ran counterclockwise because she said that it was still the same time from a diff direction.

roger that
selah
ellipes

jess said...

Hmm... it says 7 on the MCF website. So be it

jess said...

that makes my brain hurt, beth

BethC said...

have any of you seen the clocks that GilBox made and had them in one big room
I guess he has sold most of em by now
kat, I agree with the synchronization conundrum.
by the time we get in the truck we realize what the exact time is, and everybody has a little diff setting. I use to be driven by the school bells, and I decided not to let it dictate me anymore. I appreciate accuracy, but there isa balance.

in honor of daylight savings I left one clock still with one hour earlier.

BethC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BethC said...

t iiiii m e
is on my side

good point jenn

how bout those solar calendars

Josh said...

Time is tickn’ awayyyy tick tick tickn’ awayyyyy.
Time is tickn’ awayyyy tick tick tickn’ AWWWAAAAYYY.

Beth- I can still see Bobby (and I think Chris with him) rockn’ out to this song at one of the talent shows.

BethC said...

time keeps tickin even when batteries/electricity don't

cool josh, that was the cutest dance/song when chris was about 4. (10 years ago)
your keith will be that age befoe u know...
such funny & warm (fuzzy) memories. kids do the cutest things

BethC said...

terri,
sounds like a fun trip,enjoy!

no rain here today, but the flowers are prob ok for a while since we got sooooo much the last few days.

BethC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jess said...

new post coming... podcast moving etc...
- Richy