Then we finally got to the place just to check in and WOW... my people. Just kids everywhere praying and music and hippy-ish prayer types. Aaaaaahhhhh.....
so we said hi and then off to the BEAUTIFUL hilltop castle-type host home....
now, off to do some stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
129 comments:
hooray for hippies and prayer
hippies are fun! One Way man...one way... *holds finger up*
prayer is fun.... *holds hands up*
heyjosh,
james sent you something with jeremy; don't let him forget to give it to you when they get there.
8)
???
hi naytron
congratulations on your new job!
why the ???
just randomness
wow, the glob is getting kinda slow theze daze...
i have company coming in tonight!
oh, this morning I called my boss early and appealed to her authority and asked her not to put me in with that Doc today... she started to question me, but then, when I told her that I just could not go through that again today and that I'd be happy to do it again next week, she said "well, okay"... all the nurses know the routine with that Doc in that room... Then, when I got to work, I was a bit concerned that all the nurses would think little of me for not submitting to it again.... but, the nurses I work closely with all quietly gave their support with winks and smiles and almost made me feel more loved for speaking up for myself!!!
i know, i know... too much infomration....
but, by God's grace I made it through. I'm still emotionally drained... and haven't had enough sleep... and now, John's nephew and wife (and dog) are coming to spend the wEEKEND with us!!! so... I still need strength. Gotta cook something and the house is not well kept this week.
TRIBE MEETING AT ONE p.m. Saturday 1 - 2:30. See some of you there.
Love and hugs!!!
hooray for outspoken-ness
well, i don't have enough meat to cook the meal with... hmmm... i don't suppose they sell ground round at the dollar store??? hmmm...
well, i'll cook the meal, and ask God to bless it...and it will stretch.... hey, i can go next door and borrow some from my mom, i betcha. one good reason to live next to my mama....
one bathroom cleaned, sheets in the washer ... housework never ends...
What, not enough meat!!?
You live in Cut-N-Shoot, you got all kinds a meat sources right in your back yard!
Squirrel
Possum
Deer
Stray cats
And
Hernandezes
As far as blog slowness, blogger was down for a couple hours yesterday when I tried to get on, and then it was all whacked out and wouldn’t post my comments.
I tried to say congrats to Naytron for the job since he said he like outside / labor type jobs. You’ll get to sweat a lot doing their warehouse stuff in the summer for sure.
And to Clam- we really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want to know why you were posting yesterday during a workish hour.
And thanks Clam for the heads up on Jere having something for me. What could it be?
Things that make you go hmmm. . .
I’m ready to be off next week!!! Vacation with Jere and Mere. . . we’re looking forward to it. They’ll get to see Keith. We’re planning to go to the Seattle Flight Museum and do some local site seeing.
hey I FOUND ANOTHA PKG OF GROUND BEEF IN THE FREEZER!!!
AND A CHOCOLATTE FUDGE BAR... YUMMM... (types with one hand...)
I know it’s been a while, and you’ve all missed them, so here’s some puns of the day (the last one is the best):
His plan to manufacture pencils just didn't draw attention.
The insane are crazy about fruit cake.
Packing up and relocating to a new home can be a moving experience.
For the woman who wore size 13, finding shoes that fit was no small feat.
For health conscious individuals, eating prunes is the way to go.
And to Clam- we really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want to know why you were posting yesterday during a workish hour TOO...
2 pkgs beef (ground) in microwave , to thaw...
i'm in denial - must clean house... must clean house....
anyone want to come ovah???
been on feet since 6:30 this morning... so it's hard to STAY on feet NOW...
fudge bar yummy
josh - you all have fun. that keith sure is cute...and sweet... i know his FRIST words will be... "I remember Mama Pam... what ever happened to her???"
oh, and I bet I can guess what Servant has sent!
We would probably be pretty elated if Keith said all that for his first words, cause that would be a whole sentence!
I’m thinking he isn’t sending cookies cause it will be three days that Jere will have them in his possession before they get to me (they’re flying to TN to see Mere’s parents today to Sunday, then flying here Monday) and I don’t think James would think Jere could hold his cookies that long without eating them. = )
Yeah, I sit in a chair all day for work. When I get off, some times by butt is sore and I don’t want to sit down in the evening, I just stand a lot when I’m talking to Shannon and holding Keith.
Butt, some times I’m tired from lack of sleep and sit anyway.
Sometimes I talk a lot at work, especially when I do presentations, and I don’t want to hear myself for a while either.
how bout those black bears around LA &Seattle?
josh, seen any around there?
mpc, power to the nurses!
What a pretty baby Josh.....
How is Shannon?
and bears
stream of conscienceness...i like the variety too
got weekend?
i'll c u there
fit life
hooray for health
whoa....is it just me, or does blogland look weird today? Prob. a glitch...unless Jess decided to throw us for a loop dotay!
ya, it was a glitch
what's Naytron doing here so early? (possibly stayed up allll night???)
music is prepared for today...
company is visiting with Papa J and Linds
french toast and watermelon have been devoured...
now, visit visit visit and pray before rehearsal at 1...
then, this afternoon - REST REST REST (company going to Katy for the night...)
Hi Jess - tell the Hannmeister hello...
Love to all
Naytron had to be @ the Sanctuary @ 8:30...and again tomorrow @ 6:50...early to rise...early to fall asleep playing bass!
and Jacob stinking Mathews ate my Bavarian Creme Donut...I was...perturbed...he ate it with no remorse...at all
i try NEVER to eat anything that "belongs" to anyone else... but sometimes little chocolate caramel pecan candies that are hiding in Papa JC's closet quietly call my name... We buy them for HIM... then he and I hide them in his closet so that ALL of us won't eat them all up in one day.
Bavarian cream filled Maple bar...
Yummy.....
When I splurge that is what I get to splurge....Walmart doesn't put enough cream in them....they only put 1/2 tsp in them. Shipleys makes the best.
If JACOB ate my one an only Bavarian cream filled maple bar..
I would have a cow.
MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
Now, you all have me salivating for
BOSTON
CREEMMMMEEEE
PIE.....
i'm a hungry fellow...all this talk of donuts and maple bars makes me even hungrier...oh for some food...
What is this about boston Creme Pie Mamapc?
I think you deserve a dessert for the hard work you have done and having to work for a bear.
Yes, a boston creme pie would be a great idea.
Unfortunately I am a sorry cook and you would really wish I wouldnt have made it for you
Servant, this is when you come in and say " I will make it"
naytron? did you go to Galveston with my son and friends???
how did you all get down there and back so quickly?
georgia... once you said that i deserved a dessert after what i went through.
i deserved a BONUS and a RAISE and a S A L U T E !!!
i still cannot believe he is so gruff. i can appreciate gruff docs when they're barking at nurses if the nurses don't follow their orders... because they're barking for the sake of their patients....
and i know deep down that is what he's doing... but really! he doesn't have to be such a control freak!!!
ok, enough of that. i don't want to think of that until i get there on monday and approach that situation again. i won't have to work with him often, just OCCASIONALLY to relieve his team so they can go to lunch...
PRAYYYYYYYYYYY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!
georgia... i don't really "want" a bc pie it's just one of my favorites...
servant, they're diff to transport. don't try it...
now, maybe you could invent a b c pie cookie??? hmmm... yellow cookie, cream pudding center with choc frosting???
not... doesnt' even sound good
is everybody as tired as I am??? and i still haven't totally unpacked from my trip!!!
oh, john's nephew will be at church tomroow.... and his wife... and their dog! they'll be driving through from Katy back home to Dallas in the morning and will stop here for church! not coming back to my house... i wonder where thye'll put "Sam" while they're in the service... hmmm...
oh myyy, look at the time....!
lsat....
frist!
Frist, Trifs!
Again and Again!
Servant, I like Boston Cream Pies too.. If you make one, you might as well make two.
I just need a miniture one with plenty of Bavarian cream between the layers.
Boston Cream pie is even better than warm macadamia nut/white chocolate cookies.........
Well,I am not so sure about that.
What could be better than warm cookies?
Nothing!
mmmm.. Warm cookies. Yes, Pam you deserve a dessert. Or a massage, less fattening. Hope you get both today before you have to go to work tomorrow.
i love bc pie too.
my "uncle" made me a Kentucky Pudding Pie one time. It was absolutely delish! It was a loong time ago. So I don't remember exactly what it tasted like, but it was extremely excellent!
oh...never had Boston Creme Pie...so Servant, if you're going to make one, make three...
Why was the church so empty this morning?
where was everyone?
i don't know where everyone was... but at 10:30, at time to start, there weren't more than 30 people there... very very empty...
strangely empty...
how many went on the S.A. mission trip?
and Radiant was not here...
must be a lot on vacation too...
naytron, YOU weren't there this morning either! where were you? Sanctuary???
did i invent the story that brenda and connie and whole families went to Galveston??? that would be a big hunk of people...
I was at Sanctuary. Then I went home and slept...good message that Mike brought.
I went to G-ston yesterday, it was alot of fun. I came back with Derek Henry and Sam Walsh and the Diazzezz. It was mucho fun
on another note...
my Dad got a job as an assistant principal in Mexia and my ma and pa and lil bro are moving up there, soo...they're selling the house. I've got a couple options
find a place to live here(dunno if my income will cover it, stay @ RG and go to MoCo)
go with them(find a job there and go to Navarra college)
Live on the streets and ask for money from people @ N. Loop and 45....
I think I have a little while before they're moving, but I need to get this taken care of...
wow! big decisions!!!
yes...big descisions...I really don't know what to do at this point..
thanks Kat! I'll need to think and definatly pray and stuff.
hmm...sometimes it's not the enemy that attacks...it's just life. Life has required that I get a job, and life somehow wouldn't let me. But the Lord provided a job, a good one! Now life has required more, and I am believing God to provide again. Whatever his will is, it's gonna happen. He's provided in the past, why would he stop now? I'm believing in faith that he's going to, and he already has brought up some! So, be praying for me please? I need council, I've never been in a situation like this...soo...we'll see!!!
we will be praying with you...
if you need to talk, papa jc and i will be available for you...
he's at church right now - men's meeting til 8:oo or so...
I think I've got a little while before they move, but the house is ready up in Teague (15-ish minutes away from the school). My Mom's parents live on a ranch up there and have a smaller house ready for them. But I imagine they will be staying here and beginning to get the house ready for the market. I've got a while, and I'm grateful for that...but also, it gives time for second-guessing.
in reference to thursday's entry when i was posting during work hours......then the blog broke, and i needed to vent, so i did it on myspace.....here's a copy
i'm going to vent a bit
Current mood: aggravated
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers
ok, here's the deal
i work in the district clerk's office, which is located in the main county courthouse directly across the street (and connected by indoor sky bridge) from the county court annex, which houses (among other things) the county clerk's office.
this morning, about 8 o'clock, a call was received by some official, from some person who claimed that they would be blowing up "the clerk's office" today.
sometime AFTER NINE AM, law enforcement notifies and orders evacuation of the county annex! i think that's bad enough....that they waited until after nine to evacuate anyone....but i'm glad they evacuated that building, at least.
my boss THE DISTRICT CLERK, received word sometime between 9:30 and 10:00. but for some reason, the county court house, which houses the district CLERK was never evacuated. not even now. i'm home because my boss, THE DISTRICT CLERK, cares enough about her employees and the public not to carry on the regular business of the day with a threat of a bomb.
God bless my boss.
and God please grant the wisdom given her to those who actually have the responsibility of protecting the county workers and the public.
there are still actually courts that are in session because the judges have been given the impression that there's nothing to worry about!
God please protect them and keep them safe.
i have a few frustrations about the courthouse security.
that's why this blog is to my friends only.
i don't want the lunatic who would actually blow up the courthouse to read this and know how truly vulnerable we are.
ok, whewww! i feel better now. thanks for listening. i will have more encouraging blog entries in the future.
over and out
love to everyone.....even whoever made the decision to leave us in the building. love to you to....and some wisdom.
about boston cream pie cookies, servant never saw your postings, and he made banana nut cookies instead--totally his own invention--original recipe---awesome cookies--hope you got to have some
no, servant didn't send cookies to washington--too much to carry on two plane trips, etc.
well...I found the recipie for Kentucky Pudding Pie...google only returned 2 results, and they're the same website. A recipie published 100 YEARS AGO! In a 1906 cookbook. Tell me if this isn't one of the vaguest recipies you've ever read...
KENTUCKY PUDDING PIE
Take 4 eggs, 1 quart of sweet cream and milk, 1 teacupful of sugar, 1/2 teacupful of melted butter, 1 tablespoonful of flour. Flavor with vanilla, and bake without an upper crust.
ha!
that's great!
i love that recipe, naytron
i'm going to print it and see what my resident cooking genius makes of it; he'll probably lick his lips and go, "yeah, i know just what that tastes like..."
haha...well, when I had it...it was excellent!
thats the recipie FROM THE COOKBOOK!!!
naytron,
do you remember what kind of crust it had when you had it?
umm...I'm guessing a regular pie crust...just without a top...maybe something a little more old school...
ok...I am now famished(that means really hungry) I wish I had a yummy pie...or bavarian creme donut
naytron,
you should've gone to cecil's home group. james brought banana nut, oatmeal, and peanut butter cookies
I know not of these grown up type meetings and homegroups...
cecil's mens group meets sunday at 7 pm in the prayer room at CTK
james said it's time for you to "step up. be a man." 8)
you are a grown up now, you know?
psshhh...tell him to go make a pie
hmm...I suppose
I don't feel like a grown up...except that now if i screw up I can get in big trouble
james: "your diversion tactics won't work. answer up, man."
then he left; i think he might be making a pie....
but seriously
cecil's home group
that's the same place papajc was tonight.....among a host of other men folk
i just saw your last post
response: i think that a group of men like that is the perfect thing for you.....very encouraging yet manly atmosphere....mentoring and all that
manly types...scarey...I dunno...I'm not sure i want to "grow up" I'm but 20...
c'mon
give it a shot
you'll like it
you're ready; i'm sure of it
james says, if you'll come next week, he'll bring a boston creme pie.
but if he shows up with a pie, and there's no naytron....belly aches for everyone
mmm...sunday nights...boston creme pie...I think I might!
that's the kind of thing i like to hear....
james says if you'll DEFINITELY be there, he'll make kentucky pudding pie
he's gathering tea cups as we speak
kentucky pudding pie has been retracted......recipe not "concrete"
james says recipe sounds like
a bland vanilla pudding with a thick skin on top
is that what you remember?
...will check for response later....
over and out
i think it sounds more like my favorite ... egg custard pie...
yummmmmmmmmmmmmm
bland?!?!? NO WAY! It was way good.....
Here's an old-fashioned egg custard pie recipe:::
INGREDIENTS:
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
2 1/2 cups scalded milk
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Mix together eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir well. Blend in the scalded milk. For more yellow color, add few drops yellow food coloring.
Line pie pan with pastry and brush inside bottom and sides of shell with egg white to help prevent a soggy crust. Pour custard mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack.
so, as you see, except for the Kentucky Pudding having flour and the egg custard having salt and no flour, they are very similar recipes...
so my dear Nay son...
I think you are leaning toward favoring an EGG CUSTARD!!!
My kinda guy!!!
for my birthday, my mom made me egg custard pie last december! the taste is very very soothing... creamy - vanilla-y - sweet
well...I'll eat/enjoy most things without mushrooms...or soy sauce...that stuff is - eh -
but this pie was awesome! more than enjoyable...it was delectable!
sounds about right!
ok, i must gets to sleep so i can face sergeant doc tomorrow morning with all smiles and mental acuity...
beth - that was strange last week WHY you were home and how that all came about. thankfully your boss was thoughtful
jess ... when you all be home???
i'll make you a custard pie some time...
or, maybe i'll try out the K pudding pie recipe...and, if it doesn't turn out right... oh, well... we'll pour it in bowls and sip it up with a straw!!!
good night fair friends...
well..The Tron may be off to bed soon...or he might change his guitar strings
Father God,
You know what is going on in Naytrons life. You know all. Daddy God, YOUR will not ours. What do YOU want him to do? Father hold him and give him peace.
Give him a clear mind to know Your will. Thank you God for guiding his footsteps and revealing YOURSELF to him.
In Jesus name,Amen!
Servant,
I saw you today at The Father's House and I waited to say hi, but you were busy.
Missed another chance to meet me.
Pam,
My heart is with you, may the Lord give you peace in diverse circumstances tomorrow.
Servant,
You can bring a boston creme pie to the father's house and I will take it.
Nayt,
Sounds like a tough decision, I know the Lord will give you wisdom, it is much easier when you have some time to make these kind of changes rather than have to make them in one week or two.
There are only 10 people in Africa and most of them are from the Sanctuary. So I would guess yall's church was partying at the beach. Knowing Connie and that group, I wouldnt put it past them.
lsat.......tlas...
salt....stal...slat..atls...
mememe!
use the
"Thursday June 7th" post
with only 18 comments
called "okay".....
until Jess starts a new post
Why.....?
This one is fine.
You just have to click directly above the downward arrow to get to the bottom.
Remember that time that there was more than 200 on a post?
Not a big deal to me.
I think that some of us didnt know how to get to the last comment before when we were all so green.. haha
not as easy to navigate on palm
but just an idea...no biggy
evjoy, I enjoyed and apppreciated reading your "anniversary" email...thankfulness and wonder at God's mercy & forgiveness
g, just in case you are wondering, I did post before 6am but my palm took several minutes to send it. Prayer time for S.Africa still on schedule....awesome God
Betharooni,
That means that you were officially FRSIT>
Have a great fantastic blessed Monday.....It is a new fresh week.
God first 24/7 is a realistic goal
hey look...hippies!
MPC!!!!!
what time does practice start...exactly what time that is?
Nevermind! I found my email from ya
:(
:(
:(
:(
I can't find my Praise Band CD...I've had it since 7th grade!
There's actually a semi-interesting story behind it...
I was @ For Heaven's Sake with my dad, he said I could get a CD. I was looking at Noggin Toboggin and MxPx and stuff like that..then this fellow named Matt comes up to me and says: "Hey are you looking to buy a cd?" I said "ya" He said "what do you like?" I said "rock and stuff" he said, "you'd like this" he handed me the Praise Band CD. So I got it...and listened to it non-stop for a looong time. pretty much all of my 7th grade year! But ya, soo...I can't find it...and It's bummed me out!
that was Matt Tullos aka Big Daddy
if anyone has the lyrics to "NEW IN YOU" on the Praise Band CD...please post them, or an mp3 of the song would be nice too. I'm trying to learn it, and I can't remember all the words.
naterader@gmail.com (my spam address)
hello - eating bananuu nutt cookies.... good afternoon snack..... snagged them from papa jc who brought them home last night from men's mtg. he LIKES his men's mtg...
hello everyone one....
did NOT have to meet sergeant doc today. but stayed very busy doing many various and sundry things...
did a boo boo... forgot to put an important paper on a chart for a patient going to surgery. "assumed" the doc would bring it with him... a lot of the docs bring that particular history/physical paper with them for their surgical patients. NOT THIS ONE! i assumed. no one jumped royally on me, but it was a no-no and this is one of the best docs in our hospital that we always try to serve with highest compliance of his wishes AND his orders AND to follow hospital protocol. i "assumed" something... so, now, i must forgive myself. it seems like such a big deal to "not do something 'right' " ... but, in all actuality, none of us are perfect and thankfully someone else caught the mistake and remedied it... okay... i won't "assume" that again.
day was long -
how was YOUR day???
james SHORE makes good cookies!
i had some commercial-type boston creme pie at work today. fairly good... shared half of it with Sharon S...
wanted to save room for the bc pie SERVANT is making for me and Georgia...
Goergia, when shall we eat it??? when shall we have a sit down eat our boston cream pie party??? oh, and we'll have to invite Natron, since he knows about it... too bad...
That sounds fun to me, one day next week, I guess we have to have servant there too, since he made the pie, yummmmmm, I cant wait.
Father's Day weekend
blessings
to all
betharooni, how's your grandbaby???
hey, we have a niece that we call "betharooni"...
we have been discussing tonight how that if everyone got 8 hours' sleep each night, we might just be different people!!! might be more stable and settled and sober and wise... that is what we Crouse sit around and discuss on a hot summer eve... on our couch in the air conditioned living room... Linds says she'd like it if we didn't have electrisicle, so that the lights would have to be out at dark... but then retracted the statement after thinking about the lack of air conditioning...and refrigerators... so...
we are gonna make an effort to get these lights out and go to bed...
so we can get 8 hours...
you all be blessed and full of health...
and i will see you all tamale...
blessings...
hello
i think i'm just in time to be by myself. anyone here?
ok, well, while i have the floor...
mamapc, you might not really be eating banana nut cookies
servant says he brought only four bc cookies to the meeting, and the others were oatmeal raisin and peanut butter
hope you're enjoying them either way
he says the four bc were eaten at the meeting. he gave you a bc at church.
in other news, the rogers family is working on an alternative to the high priced summer non-cooling air-conditioning provided by the apartments we love.
interesting project involving modified rubber-maid containers and spray insulation foam.
soon, we will turn our bedroom into an igloo...and possibly our living room into an oven...hahaha
well,
as it seems i am truly alone here in blogland, i will wish you all adieu and happy landing to mere and jere and happy visiting to josh and shannon and keith
and could it be?
am i salt?
i think that should have been
"...bid you adieu"
acoustic bass? perhaps...perhaps not...
Are you all really sleeping? Are you just being nice?
Letting me go first......THanks
How sweet.........
FRIST !!!
beat me by a little bit...see ya later!
Post a Comment