Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hosting a picture Tutorial

What is stealing bandwidth? Look here http://altlab.com/hotlinking.html.

Here's how to host a picture the LEGIT way
First, go to Google Images and search for whatever. You have to choose an image that is less than 60 k.


Second, click on Full size Image


Third, copy (CTRL-C) the web address


Fourth, click the URL button, and paste (CTRL-V) the address, then click Host It!



Fifth, copy the line that says Direct Link.


Last, paste this address in your profile



If that doesn't work, it could be one of a hundred problems. You might just try a different picture.
We'll see if we need a troubleshooting workshop.


If you have a file saved on your computer, click Choose File and then select the file from your PC, then Host It.

38 comments:

jess said...

I gotta tell you.. I am pretty proud of this tutorial

Josh said...

nice... nice

jess said...

LOL
posted from Steph downstairs

rob's definately bringing home KFC tonight!

--
Posted by steph to Yablonksi Flotsam and Jetsom at 7/13/2006 05:55:41 PM

Mama PC said...

i'm just now reading about kitchen violence posted at approx 2:50 today....

I once threw a whole cookie-sheet full of fish sticks at Papa JC!!!

Right at him! Wow! That was a weird time in our lives!!!

clucccckkk cluck cluuuuuuckckckc!!


squaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwk!

Mama PC said...

hi steph!
do you read this blog often sans comment??? hmmm? hmmm? how's all them beautiful babies???

Mama PC said...

at this time i do not remember what instigated my kitchen violence episode...

i think i was trying to get an emotional reaction out of him...

after i threw the thing at him, and all the little fish sticks went flailing about, ricocheting off table and chairs, and the pan clattered to the floor... he just stared at me and stood there...in shock!

i went over to him...and since he wouldn't do or say ANYTHING... i started beating my fists against his chest...wanting him to EMOTE! nope... he just stared at me... turned around and walked out of the house to the garage....

left me alone... which is NOT what i wanted at that time...

then, i became humiliated, realized my foolishness...and ran and hid in my closet! crying...

(why am i telling you all of my personal stuff???)

i was young. i was selfish. i was wounded... i was demanding...

so... i made a fool of myself... and he kept on loving me...

he came back in and we talked and we kept trying to work out our differences...for YEARS! with things leveling out around year 18...

i found out later that i was pregnant with Jeremiah at that time...but didn't know it for another 8 weeks or so...

my homrones must've been disorganized for sure!

20 years later i'm madly in love with my man... and so glad he didn't add tartar sauce to my offering...

Mama PC said...

jess... your footloose chiken makes me noi-vous...

Mama PC said...

pok pok pawkkkkkkk

areever durchee

Josh said...

Narf... lsat.


A tray of fish sticks... wow! I think my reaction would've been somewhat close to his. I would just be in shock and just stand there thinking.

Like Serv said, thanks for being so open with your life and sharing how God has brought you two thru to where you are now. Your dedication to each other speaks a lot to your kids and others.

BethC said...

elaborate now so I can read later
bcuz I be sleepy....peace & gudnite all...Isreal, behold your God!

BethC said...

kitchen violence can get heated 4 sure...hunger + fatigue + frustration + opinions + expectations = flying food and/or cookware...so much drama so much hope...call it "flinging bagels" syndrome...

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Shoot......DAD GUMMIT!

I woke up super dooper early just so I could claim the position of FRIST!

Man o Man.........

O well.........

CESOND!


J-Very Useful Info fir sum ovus GRANNYs.

I copied and pasted it off the front page so that WHEN I am able to concentrate instead of always running off to the grindstone, I can use it to get rid of a couple of hippies.

Love ya'll

jess said...

I'm awake but I'm leaving this post up for a while...

Josh said...

The Israel stuff has been on my heart a lot too. I read international news daily also. PEACE!!



Click here to view the original Coke and Mentos video that spun off all the copy cats. I haven’t watched it yet because I don’t have Quick Time at work, so you’ll have to tell me how awesome it is.

Josh said...

I just read that those guys have made almost $30,000 in advertising, just from the Mentos ad frame that shows at the end.

Josh said...

And, Keith is a whompping 3 months old today!

Josh said...

Praying for your friend, Jennifer. Muslim dads can be hard to crack, but, with God, all things are possible.

Josh said...

Goodbye.

Beth said...

??????

Josh said...

Has no one watched the video to say if it is cool?

It's been viewed over 5 million times. someone watch it and say if it's cool or not.

J-diddy said...

Wats hapn'n ppl? Howz the howsholds and famlees????


Where is everybody!!

J-diddy said...

Go Cards!! World Series baby yeeeeeeah.

jess said...

fo-shizzle
j dizzle
what it do

Josh said...

Will no one watch the Coke and Mentos video for me!?!?!?!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Josh said...

Hey J-diddy,
Things are good here? How’s your little guy?

jess said...

...You have been listening to "Random Thoughts from Katie"....
have a great day.

Josh said...

Thanks Steph, glad to know I could help you get in your afternoon nap.

Mama PC said...

pock pock pock

bad news....

our cat - "Bob" has been missing... for 3 days... and we thinkst we smell a bad odor coming from under the house....

Josh said...

another one bites the dust...



Sorry to hear of your possible loss.

Josh said...

the nights that say ni was ok, but that argument clinic was very funny.

BethC said...

btw jess, most excellent imageshack picture tutorial. love the orderly and clear steps.

so what is msah? mash, sham, hams?

BethC said...

first for saturday

who is the king of glory
the Lord mighty in battle
who is the king of glory

BethC said...

oh duh
I just got it....ask and you shall receive.
sahm:
stay
at
home
mom

Mama PC said...

speaking of SAHM's...

I did that for most of my kid's years, with less of it for J's latter years...

worked part time jobs here and there... but tried to be HOME with kids most of the time....

would never trade those years... they were very important for us all...

each mom (and dad) has to listen carefully to the FATHER to find out what to do... and how to do it...

Mama PC said...

shhhhh - let me concentrate! please all - be quiet...

i'm writing a musical...

Mama PC said...

paaawwwkkk

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Happy Saturday everyone!


I am sitting at Aveda chillin and letting my nails dry.

Fixen to pick up da grandbabies and spoil em rotten for a few hours.


Remember how wonderful it was to have birthdays back in the dark ages...........

Isn't it weird how fast each year passes, the older you get?

BethC said...

hi eva
you at avedas for your Bday?
how special! is candace b. there?

so mamapc is writing a musical about layin eggs....cool