You know, when you move to a new pad... you have to find your grocery store. I am so stinking close to the 242 Walmart.... but man... I just don't like it.
You know who has a good format? Kroger. Just straight aisles all the way front to back, and the organization usually makes sense... mostly food, then not food. But stinky produce. I never like their wimpy little produce.
HEB is my favorite, for stuff. It used to be the ghetto, so I never went there unless it was my only option. But they have upped the ante, and most HEBs are super nice now. The problem? WACK store design. It's like an obstacle course. You have to go in at produce (or the other side), and then curve around curve again JUST to get to the main store.... then there's the massive middle deli thing - basically you have to hike the whole entire store just to get back around to the cash register. Very inconvenient... maybe it makes people buy more? And then the checkout lanes are pretty tight. Not like good tight. Like a little squeezy. BUT great produce, and pretty good organization, like yeah, that's where the cleaning supplies should be and so on.
But this 242 walmart is a pain. Spotty wimpy produce, although the fruit is pretty good... but I can't find anything! Yesterday me and the boys just went up and down every grocery aisle to get acquainted.... still seems wacky. I looked everywhere for popcorn. Oh, yeah, it's back in the beverage department. Well. Of course it is. And then, next to grocery, is the kids clothes? And then shoes? And then crafts? And way way over by the front off to the side near the pharmacy is the office supplies. But in front of that the greeting cards, and cosmetics. Of course. And a few clearance lanes. Oh, and a candy aisle, next to housewares. Are you confused yet?
The dilemma is, do I give in and just go back to HEB, approximately 12 miles away.... or just suck it up because at least Walmart has clear paths to the cash registers????
***
In other news, I shall be leaving in a few hours to go to Austin... Toby's first concert. Well, except for Radiant. Jonny is playing at Stubb's... which is a barbecue restaurant. And the tickets say outdoors... nice. 57 degrees is the low tonight in our great capital. VERY exciting.
Oh, and my appointment was good. Non-eventful. How many babies have you had, any diabetes, are you taking prenatals, no sushi, etc. Yawn. I could have given that speech.
I was pregnant in December of 2003
through June of 2004.
May of 2005 through December 2005
Now, August 2006 through 2007... hopefully April.
I know how to be pregnant.
Oh, and Cletus? Now the size of a large lime.
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Shopping
Labels:
pregnant with bean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
nada.
my husband is a big fan of wal-mart because they have low prices every day and they have everything in one place. he always gets mad when he goes to kroger because their prices for most things are higher, and you have to use a card to get them ,and then they claim you've saved something by shopping at kroger.
i like to cherry-pick at kroger and heb and take other people's coupons to wal-mart--but i was a more planning shopper than my husband is.
i said all that to say that the 242 walmart is a pretty big improvement over the conroe walmart--and they usually have an open check-out lane, which is nice---at least last time i was there.
i did notice that they don't have as wide a selection on many things, and that's frustrating. it's the woodlands; they're supposed to have stuff. =)
I didn't even go into checkout lanes... worst.... Kroger. One checker:1000 customers
HEB is better than it used to be, and WM 242 is pretty quick lines... major improvement on Conroe.
Crystal
what the heck
testing
oh, my gosh.
you HAVE to go watch that.
Awesome.
i agree about heb
what's with the giant blockade?!
but i'm glad about the upgrade--and it 's a cute store--i just hate to have to go so incredibly far for one grocery item
---this entry was much longer and more witty before blogger erased it--
i think it requires audio, which i don't have
i think it requires audio, which i don't have
alright!
doublt entries!
I am offended by drunk people.
I think I remember reading something that said HEB sells more per square foot of space because of their wacky layout. It isn’t logical, just a money making tactic.
That’s good that the JL tickets are outside.
Are all the kids going or do the grannies have some?
ya...if jacob wasn't a brat and bragging about how he's got overflow before it's released I'd be impressed. But ya, it's good...and jacob's a weiner
i'm trying to remember where the new place is--i don't think market street is closer
You can stay on the feeder to Target....R @ Target.pass 6 pines and take the next L......Walla
Best HEB in the area..you can even make your own trail mix.....and all kinds of stuff......Layout still might be a little unusual, but it is a really nice HEB
OOooooo Jonny Lang!
I bet he sure is going to sound very very kool tonight....I bet he plays lots of old stuff and his new stuff. Maybe he will just stay away from the "Just Lie to me baby" type of songs......He is such an artist......
I bet Steph and Rob are having a blast and Madi is probably so excited to be having a slumber party on a school night....
Richy is her favorite cousin..
And thats ok.....
Its just where they are at right now
i'm loyal to HEB...
Walmart wears me out... just don't like to go to Walmart... I DO go there some times, but never truly enjoy it or even want to be in there... depressing, for some reason... unless I'm in a fabric or craft-supply-buying mood... plus, think if you forget something in a Walmart! Even FURTHER to walk on those hard concrete floors...
HEB layout makes sense to me... except that barricade, but I've grown to accept it.
Nope to KROGER. Everything is like $1 to $2 more! EVERYTHING!
Some days, John will go to Walmart and get the things HE wants from there and I'll go to HEB and get the fresh stuff there.
MEATS HEB'S BEST
PRODUCE HEB'S BEST
what other foods ARE THERE???
love and hugs to all!
"sing sing" and "caviar" are buddies...
papajc wonders what is going on with TWO (2) felines roaming about... we're not telling him that we have now another one on the property...
shhhhhhh....
HEB...decent store...rather blah though. I like krogers...I always have, I was raised going to kroger's. Walmart reminds me of old smells and poor merchandising teams. HEB makes me think of mexican soda. Krogers...is pretty boring too.
Dontcha wish we still had Albertsons?
so you haven't said what you did to that poor dog..
**Prayer Request**
Laura Kruvalis' (quiet lady who sits near me at CTK) father is in ccu at conroe regional. He was rushed to the hospital this afternoon. He apparently was bleeding internally somewhere and was placed in ccu because his heart stopped at one point, and he passed out. Mr. Kruvalis doesn't know the Lord, and he has a plethora of different medical issues that could be the problem.
Please pray for his health and for the salvation of the entire Kruvalis family.
********************************
Post a Comment