Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Typical. Awake at 7 this morning, because, you know. I have to be somewhere at 10. This infernal brain.

I summoned Georgia, did you see? It worked!

Toby is getting at least one tooth on top. Ouch. He has been a little high maintenance... But hey, if I was cutting teeth I would be demanding, too.
On the agenda today: shower
peanut butter toast
Appointment... just an interview... wish I was getting my ultrasound today.
Pre lunch snack
Lunch
Then: who knows?

BUT TOMORROW>... road trip! Off to Austin to see the great Jonny Lang! VERY fun... Hope Toby likes the blues. Although, since Jonny got saved, he ain't so blue. But I hope there's a little blues up in there ... at least maybe his guitar is still just a little sad.

42 comments:

Josh said...

Frist

Bzzzzttt

Josh said...

What is a pregnancy interview like?

Are you sure you’re pregnant?
How did this happen?
.....?
.....?


Jonny Lang trip would be fun.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Yea......I wish I was going...
But SOME peeps have to go on DATES

O well, such is the life of a GRANNY!

Josh said...

Just had a thought. Is the place Lang is playing non-smoking? Some of those places can get a cloud of smoke so thick you can hardly see through it. I was just thinking of Toby’s little lungs. I read something recently that said one good inhale of cigarette smoke can damage an infant’s lungs. If he’s in a cloud of it for an hour at that place, it could be bad.

Washington passed a law earlier this year for ALL public places to be totally non-smoking. I just saw that New York passed a law this year for all restaurants to be non-smoking also.

Josh said...

If I were in congress, I’d be pushing for smoking to be illegal all together. Something like 25,000 people in the US, who have never even smoked, die every year from 2nd hand smoke induced cancer. It doesn’t matter that thousands of people would lose their job, it’s a killing business that cost our economy several billion in medical expenses a year.

Josh said...

Thank you for tuning into “The Political Moment” with host Josharoo.


I’m actually low on work until tomorrow when I’m supposed to get some new stuff. I’ve let my manager know, so I sit waiting for something.

Josh said...

AHHH, CRAZY!!! Just found out it’s actually as many as 73,000 non-smokers die every year from 2nd hand smoke. Taken straight from the American Lung Association’s web site:

-Secondhand smoke causes approximately 3,400 lung cancer deaths and 22,700-69,600 heart disease deaths in adult nonsmokers in the United States each year.

-Secondhand smoke is especially harmful to young children. Secondhand smoke is responsible for between 150,000 and 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections in infants and children under 18 months of age, resulting in between 7,500 and 15,000 hospitalizations each year, and causes 1,900 to 2,700 sudden infant.

-Secondhand smoke exposure may cause buildup of fluid in the middle ear, resulting in 700,000 to 1.6 million physician office visits per year.

-The current Surgeon General's Report concluded that scientific evidence indicates that there is no risk-free level of exposure to second hand smoke. Short exposures to second hand smoke can cause blood platelets to become stickier, damage the lining of blood vessels, decrease coronary flow velocity reserves, and reduce heart rate variability, potentially increasing the risk of heart attack.

Beth said...

i always think about that--especially when i work in the smoking section
so i'm trusting God to protect my non-smoking lungs while i love the smokers. =)

Josh said...

I know their would be a major major black market for smokes if it were made illegal, but I think the large majority would stop smoking to not hassle with trying to buy them illegally.

And, if the tobacco industry lining the pockets of politicians is the reason we don’t have stricter smoking laws, and those politicians consciously know they aren’t passing laws for that reason, then I think they have a huge ethical indictment against them.

Josh said...

Hey Clam- I was thinking of you when I was writing some of that, knowing you’ve said you consider it your ministry to go in the “smoke room” at Denny’s and minister to them. I totally think it’s possible for God to protect you, like drinking deadly poison and not being harmed. I’m just feeling political today.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lisa said...

I"m going to "butt" in here...heh heh...oy.

Just some follow up from the other day -- I don't get much computer time with all the babes whining for attention.

Hi Josh! Great to hear from you! Mark says Hi. We were laughing at how long ago all that seems! Yep. 3 boys -- the babe you saw at the party is now 5. Nate started Kindergarten this year...sigh!

Sammy is 2, almost 3. And ALL that that implies. Good thing God made him so stinkin cute. Lucas is 9 months old and is my little "kling-on". He's not walking yet, but he's trying hard!

Josh said...

Now that I’ve aired out my topic, someone else can bring something up.

Georgia said...

Yes, I live in the Woodlands in a nice older house on the same street as Rob and Stephanie. I don't know exactly where they are, but I have heard it is walking distance. Give me an address, Alberto.

Shannon2-24 said...

Hi Lisa, I remember talking with you while you were holding your little newborn Nate. : ) I remember enjoying talking with you. I also remember there being a huge painting above the fireplace!

Funny puns, you two.

We have a little one now! Keith, 5 months, being a parent is heart-touching & changing, I love him so much.

It's so, so sad that many people are addicted to that stuff..
That it was ever allowed, well then again, they didn't know all the health consequences back then, probably just some of them..
And that so many want to stop, but feel they can't..
And that so many little ones are STUCK in that atmosphere, so sad.

The apts. we lived at when I was pregnant, the pregnant lady below us, she smoked the whole time she was pregnant. : ( I always avoided lingering/chatting near her when she did.. poor baby.

If true, the politicians will receive justice from God, He's the best at that.. hmm wonder what some people's justice will be sometimes?

I'm so glad that it's banned everywhere here. People have to stand 20 feet from doors & windows that open & air return vents.. that's good!!

When leaving a Denny's here a couple months ago, there were so many people down the sidewalk from the entrance, it looked quite different, they were keeping the rule, all spread out, we ended up walking right by some, if wish now I would've crossed the street, because we were about to anyway.. I didn't realize that that is what they were all doing until I was in the midst of it all.. carrying our little Keith. So now I know to watch for it. I believe in God's protection too, yet there is common sense & I don't care if they say something rude if they realize I'm avoiding them.. God allows us to avoid danger.

Speaking of I read this great article from Crosswalk.com called "Parenting: God Chooses Amateurs" by Tim Kimmel. It speaks of building walls of protection around our children from the culture..yet not to run away (read it) build on Jesus' love, commandments & amazing grace & guidance!! and it shows correlations with the story in Nehemiah 4.. I really like verse 14.

Shannon2-24 said...

I'll get a new pic on soon, that's when he was younger.

lisa said...

Hi Shannon!! So good to "talk" to you again! It's been awhile! Yeah, I remember that fireplace -- After some remembering (it's harder these days with the whole mommy brain memory)...I think they had that verse from Psalms "Ask of me and I will give you the nations for your inheratance" actually painted on the wall with fancy lettering and blending and such. It was very well done.

Keith is so cute in the pics! I don't know how to post a pic yet, but when I figure it out, you'll be able to see my 3. =)

Shannon2-24 said...

I totally understand the mommy brain memory LOSS : ) thing, it's crazy!! & so real..

Josh thinks tht was the verse & it sounds familiar.

I want my sis to paint Keith's room when/if we buy a house. She's a great artist/painter.

thanks, yes he's cute! looking forward to pics of yours..!

BethC said...

I saw some prayer-stuff "at the pole" today!

I heard from one of my students told me that his friend's school on 1960 had no school today (see you at the pole 9/27/06) because of teacher inservice....hummmm, timing seems strange.....

Josh said...

Hey Lisa,

Wow, kindergarten already! That’s funny about the “kling-on”. Keith is just starting to role from stomach to back, so we have some time yet before all that. What’s really cute now is how he’ll crank his neck way around looking for me after I leave the room, or if on his back, looking way over his head trying to find me. It makes you not want to leave the room.

I work from home, so I get to see Keith several times during the day, then have to leave the room to go back to work, so this happens a lot. Very cute.

BethC said...

hi lisa
hi shannon
hi lablonski bloggers

here comes October...Sunday
Kai will be one!
and a few other Bdays.....

BethC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Viking Granny!!!! said...

Whenever you feel like complaining about THIS slow moving BLOG......


Just check the blog on RichyClark.com


Give JL a big yahooo from VKG

Have a blastarooni ......

Viking Granny!!!! said...

LSAT!

Mama PC said...

harrumph!

Mama PC said...

excuse me...

i'm lats

Mama PC said...

Hear Oh EEs-RY-EL
the LORD THY GOD IS ONE GOD
HALLELUJAH

Mama PC said...

Did you know the Tallit it the Prayer Shawl worn by the Jews and is their "Tabernacle"...

So, on the celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles (a week-long festival) everyone should sport their tallits...

Mama PC said...

ok - guten nacht!!!

alts

Nate said...

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Ich spreche nicht so gut. Oder Ich spreche enough? Ja! Is Schwarzenegger hard to spell? Nein!

Nate said...

is it hard to translate? nein...but I shall not do it...it means bad things

Josh said...

Translation:

Do you speak German? I do not speak so good. Do or I speak enough? Yes! Is Schwarzenegger hard to spell? No!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Jeg ska snaka Dansk til dig! Jeg ska riza e mon og BE FIRST...BUT Josharooni beat me to it....

You have to be pretty early in the morning to push the old fossil out of her first place position....

Some of us have to be @ work @7am so that the rest of us can have electricity......

Joy Joy Joy

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Jeg fosto Dansk, og Jeg snaka lil Dansk, but I do not know how to spell in Danish at all.....I can barely spell in Americansk. According to the Danes, Americans do NOT speak Englisk.....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

What if you had a precious little grand daughter who asked you how to count in Dansk for a school project....so you sounded it out in Americansk and you wrote it down so she could practice saying the numbers in Dansk, and then she ended up making beautiful signs with each supposedly Dansk word on them and did a really great job?

Would you tell her that she spelled every one of them wrong?

Would you break her heart and make sure that she knows how to spell those words correctly?

ent- tot- tre- fear- femp- secs - suit - otta - neet- teet

That is how I gave them to her...
something like that anyway.

So she makes these beautiful decorated peices of paper with these things written on them.

Spent lots of time on them for a good grade.

Man....What a foolish Granny....


en - to- tre- fire- fem- sesk- syv- otte- ni- ti--

Mama PC said...

not a foolish granny, but a loving granny....


yah, i remember the days when i had little ones, jess, and most of the plans and decisions were about when we would wake, when we would nap, what and when we would eat...

when i hear LHOTP music playing anywhere, i pause a have fond remembrances of how I would find myself on the couch, feeding a baby or cuddling with a toddler in the mornings or afternoons and really get lost in the lives of Charles, Caroline, Laura, Mary and Grace :-)

i did a lot of needle-work and craft projects when i was a young mom, staying home with the babies... watched t.v., read books, cooked, played, cooked, did laundry, took naps with the kids...laughing and giggling with funny comments and antics of the little ones...

oh how wonderful to be able to be a stay-at-home mom ... so good for those babies and young children...and so good for the mama to be able to be there for them... sticky fingers, peanut-butter hair, wet sheets and all...

good morning to you all...

Nate said...

eins, zwei, drei, vier, funf, sechs, seiben, acht, neun, zhen, elf, zwolf, driezhen, vierzehn, funfzehn, sechsehn, seibsehn, achtzehn, neunsehn, zwanzig...

german numbers are way fun

zwanzig...

Nate said...

what a horrible granny, and thanks for the electricity!

Mama PC said...

sing sing sings

Mama PC said...

elecgricity for what do you turn on???

Mama PC said...

sing sing also acts more like-a the dog, where she will get a bite, then come over and expect a stroke on the back, then back and get a bite, then back for the stroke.... back and forth... and she PADS while she's eating... stands there over the food bowl, and then PADS back over to her hostess, padding like a nursing kitten!!! but PADDING on the floor... makes her look like she's doing some kind of African Whatoosie Dance!!!

ok - i'm gone for now... unless anyone can catch me...

Mama PC said...

i'm loyal to HEB...

Walmart wears me out... just don't like to go to Walmart... I DO go there some times, but never truly enjoy it or even want to be in there... depressing, for some reason... unless I'm in a fabric or craft-supply-buying mood... plus, think if you forget something in a Walmart! Even FURTHER to walk on those hard concrete floors...

HEB layout makes sense to me... except that barricade, but I've grown to accept it.

Nope to KROGER. Everything is like $1 to $2 more! EVERYTHING!

Some days, John will go to Walmart and get the things HE wants from there and I'll go to HEB and get the fresh stuff there.

MEATS HEB'S BEST
PRODUCE HEB'S BEST

what other foods ARE THERE???

love and hugs to all!