Well. Stubb's is a little heavier on the BAR than the b-cue.... but it was outdoors so it wasn't too bad...
Recap? Well, if you insist. We pulled into Austin around 5:30... checked into our hotel (you do get what you pay for, but at least it's clean). Fought over the remote... tv is a novelty. Then, off to the concert. Waited in line, yada yada...
So we are waiting, waiting... Daddy has Toby in the Bjorn and he goes to sleep. Nice. There was an opening act guy. Poor little guy. Kinda wussy, plus I always feel sorry for openers who aren't billed. People feel hostile about waiting when they don't expect an opener. So he plays, and then sound guys wander around in their band shirts and little ponytails and turn the lights on and off and check mikes and such. For a LONG time. I was thinking about contacting my Congressman... has to be some kind of torture. Toby wakes up, gets mad, has a bottle.
Finally, well after 9:00 Jonny Lang comes out. He was forgiven the second he opened his mouth. I.have.NEVER.seen.anything.like.it. He OWNS the guitar. He was sweating by the end of the first song... he ripped it up. We were both just incredulous. We have heard about the wonderkid.... but my gosh. You can't understand until you see him do his thing.
Richy and I were just giddy looking at each other. It was amazing. He played for 2 hours or so, old songs, new songs... for the encore, an instrumental I Love You Lord....
He makes guitar faces, all kinds of faces... he is 100% in the music. Fun fun fun.
The later it got, the drunker everyone around us got and the cuter they thought Toby was.
Observation: there is something normal about a drunk 20-something. Not Good. But kinda normal. Drunk, dancing 20-somethings? Kinda expected. But drunk dancing 40-somethings? Not normal. Odd. Embarassing. Drunk 40 something women dancing alone?
Overall: everyone should see Jonny Lang live.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
42 comments:
Never seen anything like it. . . he OWNS the guitar.
Man, I bet it was good. That’s cool that he encored with I Love You Lord.
I downloaded the Turn Around album last night. I like it, like it, like it. So very good. Very soulful and anointed. It will be an all time favorite for sure. I haven’t cried listening to a new song the first time in a while, but I was in tears 30 seconds into “That Great Day.” A lot of different stuff on my heart, and God’s presence. . . sweetness.
cookie story for cookie lovers:
AT FORT SAM HOUSTON, I knew a private whose mother baked such delicious cookies that whenever he received a package from home, he drew a crowd and was left with precious few of the goodies himself. He was eventually reassigned, and one day I bumped into him and asked if the members of his new unit were equally fond of his mother's cookies. "They've never tasted them," he replied.
He went on to explain that the first thing he did after his transfer was to write to his ten-year-old sister, asking her to send him a batch of her awful oatmeal cookies. Then he went around enthusiastically offering them to his fellow soldiers, who gagged on the first bite.
"Ever since then," he said cheerfully, "my packages from home haven't attracted much attention."
--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform" by Richard Iannelli
incredible sounds
and he is so young.
was the work worth the wait. I'm guessing yes
Why don't people like to talk to garbage men?
Because they're always talking trash.
boring blog....
where IZ everyone???
i guess they're out and about...
although i always do like beth c's comments and bits of info...
now, Josh's humor leaves a bit to be desired...
I am profusely offended by thou comment, MPC.
I have many fans. . . and I’m not just blowing hot air.
Jealouse! I wish I was there......
Man o Man.................
I should have been there.
Man.............I missed it!
eh...what you should be sad about is missing RG tonight...man, it was awesome. Tears in 30 seconds...try like...3
too bad, so sad...jealous much?
Hmm Jonny Lang vs RG? Hmmm
What am I the most disappointed about missing?
Hmmm
I am so glad that RG was powerful and moving and especially that God Himself Showed up.
How awesome..!
tron - explain more ...
good morning all...
hi shannon...
how's baby Keith??? teethies???
tobe has a tooth! better to bite you with my child....
we were praying before hand for a move, for revival, and for it to start in the hearts of the saved RG kids. Well, A song came forth after about the second song in the list, and it just went...and went...and went...and went...and you get my point. It was about the most rockin holy spirit density I've ever seen, and definatly that I've led...it was great!
Keith is doing good.
None emerged yet.. I can feel that they are just about to & see the white through his gums.
It's so funny, he'll grab our hand and bite a finger & drag it back & forth quite viciously, quite cute. Sometimes it hurts when he bites so hard. I say to him, "ouch.. we need your teether!" He doesn't really like the one I bought, I need to get a different one.
He is liking tummy time more this past month, he used to not like it at all.
He smiles SO much, it's very fun to make him laugh to. We have tons of pictures & some video. I've been making sure lately that sometimes when he's really adorable, I'll just enjoy the moment rather than wanting to go grab a camera.. so I have been. It's nice to look in his shiny, happy eyes & let him know I love him.. & I think of our future days of talking & playing & learning of God. : D
tummy time (as you call it) is very good for babies - it helps in the development of the nerves and muscles in the spine and neck.
tron - when we cry out, He will answer...
density - good word
new pic of Keith- he's so happy.. about gazing at the sparkly ceiling
i see those little teeths in there!
jbird used to stare at the ceiling fans for hours!
oh, I will now recommend a movie that i found on the television last night and ordered PPV...
it was really a good movie... AND I don't recommend many movies...
John and I both enjoyed it very very much... (at first, by the title of it, he didn't want to watch it, but he came over and hugged me afterwards and thanked me for encouraging him to watch it...)
AKEELAH AND THE BEE
view it...
Somehow, I can picture J as a baby starring at the ceiling fans for hours.
I think this is a cute dabby son picture. . . his little feet with mine.
May have to check out that movie.
Off to some shoppping as a family.
that is a cute dabby and son picture...
is that what he is going to call you? "dabby"? cute!
empty nest syndrome here...
no kids stay here mucho any more. sad for mama pc they live here, but gone for much of the days and nights... i wish i wouldda had 6 kids... (more girls than boys...)
trying to get off sweets and junk...
drove through Sonic cause i was so thristy after rehearsal this afternoon... to get the ritual vanilla coke... but, then i rememberd it was full of corn syrup... so, instead, i ordered a lemon-lime WATER! 54 CENTS!!! yippee!!!
once, around age 6, j cast a fishing line toward the ceiling fan, and the hook caught and then pulled the whole rod of line into the motor of the fan....
it sounded like this.....
zzzzzzzzzzirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
it was the strangest noise i was hearing.... until i remembered j had been working on that fishing pole.... then, i realized that what i was hearing was the reel being pulled of it's contents....
zzzzzrrrrrrrrr!!!
silly jbird
that was the same year j poked his right eye with a pair of adult scissors!!!
he was trying to saw a piece of yarn...and i heard him scream from the other room... he was 6 yrs old... i ran in there, saw the scissors on the table and his hand over his eye....yarn on his lap...
i had just been in the living room and we had gathered (me, lin, han and j) to pray for safety... and i had just been impressed to rebuke the enemy in our lives... and i had been impressed to break any word curses..... especially the ones that i had once found to be so humorous.... i used to say (in humor) "Stop that, you might poke your eye out..." in fun... you know, there once was a comedian who did a whole act around that phrase, and i thought it was hilarious, so for years, i was speaking that phrase to my children.... "Stop jumping on the bed, you might poke your eye out..." etc etc... but, i became convicted of the seriousness of my words... and the Lord prompted me to revoke and repent those words not honoring to Him... and those words that welcomed danger...
And THAT night! Jpeg poked his eye with a sharp scissor! It took me a while to get him to pull his hand away so i could look at it... and i could see a thin slice across the front of the pupil.... like a sharp scratch!!!
THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR PROTECTION!
I fell apart emotionally. John came home and we drove J to the ER. There was no blood, and he wasn't in pain. I went into the ER and asked them what they'd do for him (there was a whole waiting room full of gunshot wounds and misc sick people) and they said, all they could or would do was to patch it, then see an eye specialist the next day. Thankfully, my sister's son had an eye doctor who i was able to reach who told me that it should heal within 24 hours after patching. She told me to open it the next day and if it looked normal, not to worry!
My faith was young then. But, I look back and see the hand of God, directing me to pray and to repent and to cover my children.
I thank God for the Hand of Mercy He has had over my children every day. And still has...
Lord, protect them... continue to protect and guide and lead them as they step out more and more into this place called The World. Lord YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE... on Earth as it Is In Heaven...
a friend of mine and I were jumping on a trampoline playing ninjas. We were "karating" each other, and he kicked me in the eye. His toenail scratched my pupil...had the patch thing for like 4 days. I remember not having any depth perception and not being allowed to play in my little league baseball game. I kept wondering why, and then I realized why when I was reaching for the handle to the car door and was two feet away and fell over trying to grab it. I was 6...grand years.
in the Name of Jesus and I claim that all of my children will be in close fellowship with the Lord...
The Lord wants us to use our mouths and claim our inheritance...and to repent of negative and unGodly things we may have said...
gotta cook something for papa john
later gaters...
Ekk, eye injury stories make me curl in pain.
I got a bunch of sand in my eye when I was 19. It scratched things up kinda bad and I couldn't wear my contacts for a couple months.
jess must be sleeping do-tay...
see most of y'all tamale...
Man Josh, way back when you were just a mere 19 years old, how can you remember way back then?
'nite to you too!
l s a t t e s
frist!
good morning sleepy heads!
Good Grief Happy! You like to get up before the Roosters don't you?
Cesond!
actually, i cheated
i said frist before i went to bed
heehee
Listen to song #8 on JL new CD....
The entire CD is awesome. I am still hearing it for the "first time" every time I listen to it.
pray for wee Crouses
good night all...
Happy B-Day Kai!!!!!!
Man, that was a fast year...
HAPPY BDAY! to KAI! (What does his name mean, anyway?)
God Morning to Every one!
Happy Birthday yesterday little man........
TODAY is Happy Birthday Aunt Charlie!
I just watched Flash Gordon...
one of the lamest movies of ever
but the music...man...it was good.
composed by Queen...
now of course I don't like heavy drug use and homosexuality...
but dang, they were stinkin good
Post a Comment