Over the years, I have gotten used to the little tang of holidays.... the bittersweetness of understanding everything is not as it should be. As a new young adult, years ago, it would hurt me that the day didn't just feel perfect... like when I was a child.
But you know, there is pain in beauty. It would be weak without pain.
So the rich sweetness of growing together and apart, of knowing it will never be just right this side of heaven... I am beginning to understand.
A three-stranded cord is not easily broken... and the legacy of Christ and His heritage is so interwoven in our story... the strength of love, and family, forgiveness, grace, and healing. I am blessed today.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
60 comments:
That just about covers it Jess.
You have a way of hitting the nail on the head.....
Just like your MOG hubby.
So....
Ok then...
It is always so wonderful when 100% of the family is together..
So ....it is hard not to focus on the person or peeps who are unable to join us ....but it is important to enjoy the ones that do gather.
difficult for a mommy and a granny to do......but possible.
Jessica, you have such an awesome way with words...
You are beautiful inside and out.
perfection is a state of mind...
I went for a long walk today, and my mind actually seemed to "solve" all the questions/problems. It seemed like reality....I call those things that be not as though they are...
vkg, I saw one of your grandkids at the park....beautiful day for it!
How did the enchiladas turn out?
Happy Holidays
ENCHILADAS?!?!? for THANKSGIVING???
Jess - I've been savoring the beauty/pain paradox thing too...
and the suffering/love paradox...
is that the correct word? paradox?
I'm wondering how something can hurt so badly.... how pain can be tolerated when it is so deep and so dark and so cutting... and where is God's mercy... then, am reminded that He loves us this much too.... where He must feel pain when we are hurting too... and that He even feels more deeply than we do... and He allows Himself to feel the pain BECAUSE He loves us... but, then again, I ask... How can pain be acceptable...
Am I making sense? Pain - Suffering - Beauty - Love
welcome back, kat! I've missed you
good... just laying here trying to convince toby he's tired
I have a shuffle... if you think of it as a tiny cd player... maybe that's ok for her?
I laughed...
Hey, guys,
What was the pain in Thanksgiving this year?
I can think of several things that were maybe the pain you are thinking of, but I am not sure which one you are thinking of.
Mike had a bad date night tonight
He had a dinner
which was old turkey and dressing
He had a movie
A documentary on suicide bombers
And then he went to bed
He couldn't take any more of his bad date night
I told him next time he goes on a bad date to not take me
He said he was intending to go alone and if he stayed up any later it was going to get worse, after some bad pumpkin pie and whipped cream
So I am blogging and he is sleeping
Just twinges... you know, people growing up, missing Daddy, just knowing that everything is not quite right...
Yeah, it was a bad one for missing Daddy. It only means it will be tougher for Christmas.
I know what you mean, but every holiday has a little magic in it somewhere. There was magic there yesterday. The magic of Thanksgiving. The love between people that do and almost dont know each other. The acceptance of the radical ends of Christianity and the suffering middle people.
There is something really beautiful about being part of a tribe.
To me it seems like Dad would have had a way of bringing it all together, although Mom has always been the glue.
There is something very lonely about the internet.
Millions of people are on here, but is anybody really connecting with anyone else?
Georiga,
i LOVE YOU!!!
and I AM HERE...
georgia, the pain i was talking about has to do with when a son is in pain and is running and walking and turning and shunning, etc...
but, i am feeling the heart of God finally in it all... and trying to go ahead and hear God is this...and love as God loves...
i can't imagine what it would be like to have my dad gone... but, i could imagine having my son gone and it hurts me greatly...
i'm choosing to go ahead and lean on God, no matter what my feelings... it's very hard for me to release and rest in this...
internet - yes, jillions of people on here, but all separated by miles... and hardware...
i think that is one reason the young people are struggling... they have been in a fake connection with "friends" on IM, email, etc...(although as we all know, internet CAN be a source of community between people who care about one another) and fake connections between guys and gals...etc... and they get so mixed up and don't realize what real relationships are about...cause they've been glued to the screens....
LORD HELP THIS NATION AND THIS GENERATION!
papa is frustrated with our sound euqipment - so Hannah just made him go out on the front lawn....
they are throwing a drum head around like a FRIZBEE!!!
Yeah, Hannah!!! She's such a blessing! to me and Papa JC...
Richy - we need help with our recording. PLEASE CALL US NOW!!!
Mamapc
I didnt know you had a running son?
What is his name?
My brother ran for years. Every Sunday in Children's church his son would pray for him to come back. It would break our hearts that the boy was in that much pain. We would pray with him. One day he did come back and we believe it was mainly from the son's prayers. He is with us now and plays guitar on the worship team at TS. He is whole and free. It can happen to yours too.
My next ultrasound is scheduled for December 7th... that day that will live in infamy
Marnin!
Happy Enchilada Day!
Yipppeeeeee.......
I am giving myself permission to watch channel 8 sewing and drink coffee and make angels and chill..
FUN......o no....they are doing their money raising telethon....I wont be able to listen to that long at all.....
Never mind......Back to plan A....
More cleaning and washing...
Dad Gummit....
I really like sewing with Nancy...
She has some great ideas and is so creative.....
Pie...I need more pie....
must
have
more
PIE!!!
At my last shopping destination (RadioShack) yesterday, I chatted with Brandon Raines.....hetold me that he was the first guy lined up at Frys; In a tent for 12 hours. I wish I had known because they had a 19" flatscreen monitor for $99 ("while supplies last")
sons run but they always come home.....
He leaves for S. Korea to teach soon. Very active and progressive R&D spending happening in S.K.
hi there lisa....what is your fav pie?
how's your day
Hey Beth!! Just about to sign off when I saw your post!! YAY! Are you still there?
Mark's dad was in line at wal-mart at midnight. He was rewarded with a very sweet deal on a really large TV.
What is R&D?
Pie...pumkin. And pecan. I made the BEST pecan pie for thanksgiving -- complete with homemade pie crust and everything! I was so pleased (and kinda surprised) it actually worked. Hadn't made one in years. And I'd never actually made the crust. It was mighty tasty.
Oh, and MPC -- Poor Man's Pie -- didn't know it had a name. It is VERY tasty!!
My mom would make that every time she made pie. I remember waking up on Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings to the wonderful smells of my momma's food cookin. (Ain't NUTHIN like yo momma's food!) We just called it Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust. And I'd eat it for breakfast. Yum.
So I made it for the boys on Thanksgiving, but didn't put enough butter and sugar on it. So it was rather dry and bland. Nate was like -- yeah, mom, this is, um, good. Made another batch later and he really liked it. Who could not like something soaked in butter and sugar?
Well I really need to go clean and scrub something. Lots to choose from around here. =)
later
the Prodigal's Father didn't seem anxious or worried...
so, I shall model the Father's heart...
I will put on HIM
pie - i'm sick of pie
we're working on music
son is here and was very successful at drum part... attitude seems much better...
papa jc is scratching down vocal parts on paper so that we can sing the bgv's on one of his songs...
the plan is for 3 songs to be finished TONIGHT!!!
Jeremiah and hannah are about to get into their cousin's KAYAK and go for a ride on the POND! i told Hannah to please not scratch her voice...
they both laughed!
thanks, R1
jess - are you on that couch!?!
stay put, now... can't wait to see little Valentina Clark... when's her due date??? Feb??? Will that be enough time in da oven???
or shall be a little Lepreconnie Clark?
March! for Jesus!
R&D=
Research(new discoveries)
&
development(improving old discoveries)
I got my house clean enough and did some yard work. whewee..dats alotta work!
our "new&improved" homegroup starts tomorrow(Sundays).
I'm due April 27th... more of an easter-y baby
April 28th is Aunt Tracy's Birthday!
Last
uh-huh...LSAT
i never did take the LSAT...I only took the A.C.T.
...and since I was really high when I took it, I won't post my score here...although I still got into college
(your mom goes to college)
wait, not the LSAT...that's for law school. What's the other college entry test?
Oh yeah, just the SAT.
Guess I'm still high...
hullo...
bunnie clark...
Who is Bunnie Clark?
Is that Marks new name?
Question Marks?
hop-a-long clarkiddie
Go see De Javu
it.is.awesome.
but watch out fellas...there is a "scene" in it. take some lady types with ya and just be careful...it's not a sex scene. but an up close-ish silohuet(spell)...I had some nice ladies with me that told me it was coming...(thanks Han, Angie and Aubri)
so ya..it's incredible
watch it.
soo...
rich people do find loopholes...sometimes
and they get caught.
they get audited...
Al Capone...wasn't brought in for murder...he was taken down for Tax Evasion
the more money you make...the more tax you pay
therefore the top 1% pay the majority of the taxes.
rich people aren't bad...they're just rich
O yea........
Just kiddin.
Did you notice any questionable language in DeJaVu?
questionable language...
no...not really...not that I can remember at all. I don't think there is any...
This is what the MPAA had to say
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and terror, disturbing images and some sensuality.
the sensuality is skippable if you have a keen eye of when to turn your head...and the "intence violence and terror and disturbing images" aren't really all that bad. Han handled them fine...but this movie is INTENSE!!! It's definatly one of those "Brain Movies" the ones you walk away from going "what in the world?!? that was awesome!" go see it...
Chuck and I enjoyed it also....
Denzel is da man........
gosh...man...
how do writers come up with intense complicated twists and turns like that?
or the basis for the movie period?!?
Actually, it was Denzel who thought of this plot...He had noticed this beautiful actress across the room sipping on a martinee and he looked in her eyes and said that he felt like they had met before and that he had loved her....She felt the same way and they ended up talking all night long.
It was not the actress that played the leading lady in the movie...
But it was a similar experience as when he first saw her...
I almost said too much.....but some peeps might want to see it and I do not want to ruin it.
Denzel pitched the idea to the team of producers and they came up with this movie....
But it all originated in the great and awesome mind of mr washington.
He must have gone to school abroad..in Europe some where....maybe even DANMARK!
go see the movie anyway
I think he is a great screen play writer and even a director....
Did you notice all the credits at the end?
Denzel Denzel Denzel.......
Where do you think he got all his great ideas?
N8palm are you Norwegian or Svedish
I cant remember.........
I know Blind side is Svedish...
psssshhhh....
Ich bin ein Deutschlander!!
Jeg igge snaka Norsk......
So does that mean you are from Norway?
Katey...I think it is a great idea....
I am not sure if I have heard of it before or not.
I have some friends who spend every Thanksgiving serving food at the Shelter or soup kitchen or homeless shelters....they have raised their children now 15 and 17 and they still do it every year.
Never sit down and eat with family. ..except at the actual places after they serve the less priveledged.
I do not know where DeJaVu got their story line.or how much D was involved in the making of it or any of that.
I was yanking your chain.....
Just kidding.......telling stories.
making things up.......etc.
He is so cute though.
dontcha mean "napalm is so cute"
and "Ich bin ein Deutschlander"
translates to
"I am a German"
Post a Comment