Interesting topic brought up in yesterday's comments. Banning things...
I haven't thought it all the way through, but I have pretty much stopped boycotting/banning. It's just true that the light will get brighter and the darkness darker. So we can not really be surprised by these companies supporting homosexuality and whatever else...
Most of it is about the almighty dollar. Boycotting just doesn't seem effective anymore, and it puts the church in a bad light. What could we do instead? I mean, we could always reward the better behavior... i.e. this year WalMart is letting employees say Merry Christmas... instead of Happy Holidays... Target is donating generously to the Salvation Army... I know Kroger has the feed-the-hungry programs...
I don't know. I remember my dad used to carry on personal boycotts. He boycotted Hastings (for a few months at least) because they sold pornography. He boycotted Del Taco because they messed up his order twice and he told the manager he would never come back. He used to spit out the window of the car toward Del Taco... I don't know that his $1.59 shut them down, but for his conscience, that was the way to go.
Just thinking, you know... the Baptist Disney boycott were hallmark financial years for Disney... Maybe there is another way.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Boycott hell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
34 comments:
Speaking of boycotts, I am boycotting the blog effective immediately.
I have asked 3 direct questions of the blog CEO in the last two days that have gone unanswered. One question (when does Richy start his new job?) was answered this morning when I read the Clark family update via email, but two have not been answered.
I will not speak again until my questions are answered.
Happy Boycott
I'm a busy lady. What were your questions again?
1) What’s Richy’s speaking job entail? Intro company services to potential clients? Presentations to existing clients? Etc?
2) Listen to audio books that I sent you yet? Liked ‘em?
3) When Richy starts the job? (already answered)
ah yes... those questions
The public speaking position isn't really invented yet. They hired him in a different position, and are developing the other possibility. I don't know what he does. Something w telecommunications
and
I have not listened to the books because they are in a box in the garage along with most of my earthly possessions... awaiting their deliverance
deliverance...that's funny
Thanks for the answers.
Now what was that you said on your post about boycotts not being effective?
Yo serv!
SERVANT!!
you have been greatly missed!
hello servant!
how do you find yourself at a compuer at such an early hour?
That Servant guy is really cool.
Mama PC......
Robert is having a overnight prayer meeting and Stephanie is going to an all night girl prayer meeting and I am keeping my favorite 11 year old and 10 year old......and Graceson and Izzy..
Izzy has never ever spent the night away from his mother ever in all of his years.
Linda is out of the hospital.....
I saw her yesterday......she looks good....It was great to see her.
Boycott......schmoycott....
Regina's dentist is wonderful...and so is Gina......
Tomorrow still the BIG DAY?
what's tomorrow???
bedste? i'm always in the dark these days...
No, ...
the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn that shines brighter until the fullll day....
(i'm learning to speak God's words instead of negative or downcasty words...)
Hopefully the little angel will be an exhibitionist and show herself!
Katherine.......or Catheryn or Kathyrin....or Caythareen....?
Cawtheee......
Unless it has been re-scheduled..it is the big Ultrasound
I need to practice that also Mama PC........I can beat myself up really fast.....but speak positivley over my life takes effort......
How did that happen?
I used to be PollyANNA and miss positive......
I am still shocked when people tell me that I am too hard on myself or that I sound so negative.
WOW.....
Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of YOUR life!
When does MOG start? What days does he work? How does he like it?
Do you have enough family round ya ?
do ya need Bedste to start the Sunday after Church outings?
Tobias need to stay home during the winter?
do you need Bedste to ask a few more questions?
yak yak yak
:-)
Maybe her name should be Catherine Bloggerina Clark........CBC
Where is N8palm?
Where is N8palm?
I'm a grip. But I'm working on a Noel Furniture commercial this week and a spanish Wal-Mart spot next week, so you'll have to find another grip to put on your schedule. BTW, how would that help anyway? All we do is help with lighting and camera support. I don't think your schedule needs a grip. Maybe you need to get a handle on your schedule...
Yo VKG- what do you mean HER name should be...?
Question for Crystal...
What are You doing these days???
What ever became of that day care center job...that you quit for good reasons... did you ever go back and check on that director and offer suggestions?
Did you go to work elsewhere? I've been outta the loop...
Sorry
Kzat - yes, the pressure is off (some) about the hemisphere transfer being put off 2 more months... but 8 weeks' difference doesn't mean much...
...gives us a little more time to raise fudns... that owuld be $$$$
...my day job is too long. i haven't cooked supper in months, although i like the job... i'm getting home too late. better get out the ole crock-pot and recipes and put my brain to work in the mornings for the future...like that proverbs 31 woman we girls hardly ever like to talk about...
when i was young (long ago) i had the idea that i should just rip that chapter right outta the Bible. sounds irreverant... but, it was the truth of how i felt. she was a SUPERWOMAN and made me feel like a worm to read about her...
i miss Sharon S...since we don't work together much anymore...we still ahve the same boss, but different departments and areas to work...
but, i'd rather sleep til 7:30 a.m. than get up at 4:30 like I used to...when I worked where Sharon does... 4:30 is just plain too early for any woman...
even a Prov 31 woman!!!
good night....
oh, i noticed that it's Dec 07 now. It's my younger sister's birthday... so, now, for one solid week, we are TWINS!!! 11 months and 3 weeks apart in age!
We are both 46 now...
I'm gonna try to get off for a long lunch tomorrow and go meet her since she'll be here in Conroe for a meeting anyway...
N8palm was @ the sanctuary church doing a recording...
it was freakin awesome
and what do you mean "HER" name? it's a boy...it has to be a boy. Girls are....girly. I don't think I'd mind having a girl...but untill then, i shall secretly wish all friends babies to be boys.
Well, not so secretly with some.
in a couple days you should definatly check out
www.myspace.com/theblanketsmusic
because...we're a buncha goofballs. It's a "just for fun"..."goof around" kinda band, that didn't turn out half bad at all!!!
Mercy and Madi are 11 1/2 months apart.......they are the same age for 2 weeks every year....
Kind of kewl huh?
I think Jess is having a girl.....
All signs point to a GIRL....
Pink frilly dainty/TOMBOY type little Princess.....
I bet the recording is going to be great......
glad to see you blogging N8palm.
And Hellooo Servant!
Where have YOU been?
This has been one heck of a Guys Day on the Bloggerooni....
Girl Girl Girl......
Nite all.........
Um, what "signs" are ALL pointing to it being a girl? Please do tell. . . if you can even think of at least three real ones.
I second that...
if anyone has the time...or want..
There is a halfway interesting blog posted over there...
all you spiritual types looking for an outlet come fill my page with nonsense...or non-nonsense...
it's ah...whatever
Dreams.......Words from God that Jess and Rich have received....
and....the last 2 months all Bedste sees is all pink girly stuff....those kinds of signs....
The shape of her belly is more oblong than round.....she is carrying Catherine high....and getting chubby all over....her left foot is a tad bit more swollen than the right.....and..
the freckles on her forhead have been slowly gathering together to form one large freckle...
What else do you need....?
Isn't it obvious?
Girl Girl Girl.....
boycott the boycott that boycotted heaven
Post a Comment