Saturday, December 03, 2005

Obligatory weekend blog entry

Don't get me wrong. My weekends have no distinction from my weeks.
Thus, I could write a thoughtful and engaging blog entry today. But the
response is so minimal... usually just animal-type creatures
threatening each other....
For you- the weekend means you're off work- or your spouse is- time to
crush them into some hard labor around the house or go gallivanting
round.
For me- scrounge for some breakfast and go back to bed. Try not to
watch People's Court.
I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I am cooking a wonderful baby and I
can do so for a couple more months if necessary. It's just that the
pattern doesn't change much on the "weekend".
Today, Richy is recording. I may waddle over there and listen to drums
being tweaked for hours... or some other minute detail of a
recording...
Aah a horrible foul poopy diaper just walked by. See you later.

10 comments:

jess said...

Well! Maybe I won't comment this morning!

Georgia said...

I have to go find a usb mouse so I can do art work on Layla's laptop. So far I am stuck with Best Buy for 11 bucks.
I have to buy a usb mic also. I dont know what they are going to want for that thing. I have a mic, but it has a regular jack on it. I wonder if there is a jack/usb adapter somewhere. Dad used to know these things. He used to have cord hell. I think we threw cord hell away though. He would have told me to go to radio shack. I hate radio shack.
Oh well, guess I will go in there anyway and get either ignored or stared at like a monkey in the zoo.( Hey, how did we get customers?)

Georgia said...

Speaking of computer nightmares. Lacy sucked up my usb drive in the vacuum cleaner. I lost years worth of school work. Oh, well. I know it was an accident, but it is a bummer though.

Georgia said...

Someone told me that there are ways to get that info off of broken usb drives and load it onto the computer. I wish I knew how. That would be awesome. Like miraculous. (that is not how to spell that)

Georgia said...

Jess,
You really need to do something about all these animals on here on the weekend.

I dont think Matt likes them.

Georgia said...

You could have a massive blog shooting. Kind of like a school shooting. Wow, that was a really cool war yall had yesterday. Too bad it didnt kill off any animals.

Georgia said...

Have to get Mikey and wander around Harris and Montgomery counties using much more gas than I save on buying computer accessories.

By

jess said...

I wish I had a bigger vaccuum cleaner.. I'd clean up some of the riff-raff around here.

jess said...

G- there are companies that do that... one is called Disk Savers or Drive Savers or something like that...

Josh said...

G- You have probably found this out by now, but they do have adapters for converting your old jack mouse to USB. And, like Jessica said, there are companies that can “scrape” the drive and get the info back. I heard them talking about it on NPR a couple months ago. They do it in dust proof rooms and it’s like surgery. No promises on what they’ll get back and it cost this one guy like $3000 dollars, but that was a whole hard drive and worth it for him cause it was a ton of work stuff. Don’t know what your USB drive would run.

This has been my obligatory weekend blog post. Good bye.