Click for larger view... The Clarkies at the Alamo. This will be a fun one to frame because we have the same picture with just the two of us from almost 10 years ago.
We went to the Astros game last night... it was quite fun, especially when Toby fell asleep and we made him a pallet on the floor...

When he woke up his daddy gave him a little taste of goodness...
Which he appreciated..
Here's the whole crew except the picture taker..
the Astros won, but not too easily... fun was had by all... especially the stranger in front of us who had 2 Corona's and was just CRAZY about us by the 7th inning...
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
34 comments:
and I will READILY admit that I am not the strategist. I HATE strategy games... that is not the way my brain works. Also, I can't tell time and my right and left are cloudy
New pix over on the family blog as well
i plan to be spontaneous again
strategy is called probabilities
some people just have an aptitude for it (instinctively).
I read a biography
of the guy who in the 1940's and 50's was included in the bridge (Poker) card players manual as the greatest player ever (among many other diverse and great accomplishments)...his name is
Jack Dreyfus and he is 93 yrs old and has a website (www.remarkablemedicine.com).
He is called the
"Lion of Wallstreet"
mrs. meyer,
Is that a picture of your wedding cake? It is very pretty.
a player rarely splits pairs. If, my opponent discarded the nine of hearts, I could hypothetically eliminate the nine of spades from his hand. With the nine of spades eliminated, the eight of spades could be used only one way in a run, with the seven and six. Also, since players don’t split nine-eight combinations at the beginning of a hand, the play of the nine of hearts eliminates the eight of hearts. With the eight of hearts eliminated, the eight of spades could be used in only one combination of three of a kind, eight of diamonds and eight of clubs. Therefore, when an opponent plays a card at the start of a hand, a touching card in a different suit becomes, hypothetically, a two-way player, twice as safe as a king, and three times as safe as a jack.
http://www.remarkablemedicine.com/Biography/cardplaying2.html
this is Jack Dreyfus' website
"I buy gas in the middle of the week.
Monday's are bad.
If prices go down it will be on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday."
and now i say goodbye
until we meet again
We live off a main road, kind of around a corner in a nook, so I have to roll the trash about 60 yards out to the main road each Thursday morning.
I just went to get the can on lunch and the weather is PERFECT. Sunny and 72 degrees with an occasional low breeze. I think we’ll be going for a walk after work. We took Keith on two walks last week. We just wrap him up and carry him. We haven’t started using the stroller yet.
This is the time of year the weather is perfect here.
Jess- great pics. Looks like SA and Astros was fun. All the kido pics on the other blog are cute.
Harvy- Looks to me like an ice cream cone Toby is sampling, chocolate to be exact.
Jess- how old was Toby when you started using the carrier in the Alamo pic? We have one and I’ve been wondering when to start using it. Should he be able to hold his head up or what? Does Toby do OK if he isn’t sleeping, just hanging out?
So, how did the guy that had a couple Corona's get CRAZY about you all?
Harvy’s comments about strategy related to Wal Mart was pretty funny.
You especially have strategy at WM not only if you can get from one side to the other with our cart collisions, but without having to circle back to get something you passed by or missed. This is real shopping strategy, to know the layout, make a plan, and execute with no errors or rework.
Josh,
When I go shopping at Wal-Mart, I rarely have to circle around to get something I missed. But I think that is pretty sad. I have spent wayyyyyy too much time in Wal-Mart that I know where things are better than the people who work there.
Josh,
I had a carrier similar to the one you see Jess using in the pictures and I began using it when my children were only a couple weeks old. They do not have to hold up their heads unless you are putting them in facing outward.
COOL! Maybe we'll try it out on Keith if we go for a walk after work today. Thanks.
cooling WAY down to a nice 78-ish degrees...
I LOVE this kind of weather... cool and a bit windy... and cloudy...
well - we MAY be driving to Wichita Falls Friday afternoon/evening..... to take some things to John's parents... be back by Sat evening.
anybody seen weather RIGHT NOW in The Woodlands? John will be driving home in a bit... driving northward...and my kids will be driving southbound in an hour or so... NEED INFO... CURRENT INFO...
Jess - great pics! Tobe is getting SO big and cute! I loved the one with the two boys on Easter Sunday...
Go to weather.com and enter any zip code. Like 77301 to get you Conroe.
thanks, josh -
the weather's clearing it seems...
yum, eating GREEN CHILI CASSEROLE!
linds/hannah going to MUTE MATH concert - where their cousin is part of the sound engineering team...his last time with them... then he will be the director of worship at the Spanish School at Christ for the Nations.... finally a paid position for him.... he's been serving CFNI for YEARS!
J's going to Eisley concert with friends....
John and I will stay HOME. We're too OLD for galavanting every night of the week!!!
Jess, I hate strategy games too. I go more on intuition...
Katie - Look up mute math... they will be having a gig on Westheimer tonight - where my girls are going...
good night all...
lsat?
wrote some on me own poi-sonal blog... get a cup of tea before reading.... it's LONG...
go figgah...
lsat..............
!
!
!
!
!!!
and FRIST
F
R
I
S
T
!!!!!!!!!
give a hug to 12/14 and a kiss to 4/14!!!
good night, petersons all
I've been reduced to a Boppy holder folks. . . A BOPPY HOLDER!!
http://www.bigfatinstitute.org/index_flash.html
great website and cool retro stuff
you can vote/register for your fav websites/blogs
http://peoplesvoice.webbyawards.com/ballot_menu.mhtml
TGIF
i am # 53 again
Post a Comment