Monday, May 22, 2006

trading my sorrows

Yesterday, church was awesome.... We were moving along in worship and I was trying hard to concentrate on worshipping... sometimes I just have to really focus my mind.
Then I see Kimberly walk over to Denise and the next thing I know, Kim is laying in Denise's lap and Denise is bent all the way over her.... I just figured it was some tremendous mother/daughter healing going on or something... but Denise was tipping over further and further and I thought they might fall off the chair. Then, after a while, Denise leaves Kim laying across the chairs and stands up.
Sometimes crazy things happen at our church. You just have to roll with it.
Then, somebody else walked up to D. She started praying for her and over they both went. So after a minute D had a line waiting.... I could feel the Holy Spirit really wanting to take over the place. So then D is standing there with slain women all around her on the chairs and the floor. It looked like the Civil War. Only they were women, and they weren't in uniform, and they weren't dead or bleeding. And we were indoors... Later there was a big altar time where everybody came and received.

Meanwhile, on the stage, the worship team had moved into a Trading my sorrows/Joy medley.

And here's what happened to me. As I was singing about trading my sorrows for the Joy of the Lord, I got it. It was like the Lord was saying, today, NOW, trade your grief for joy.
See, I have carried my suffering with me for years. Yeah, it's been rough and I have had a lot of tragedy. BUT I just felt clearly- let me say I KNEW clearly, that that was it. Lay it down. Lay down my rightful sorrow and move on. And taking the joy of the Lord as my strength.
Imagine Lazarus coming out of that tomb. And he is looking around in disbelief. "Am I through being dead?? What do I do now?"
And the first thing he has to do is get out of the graveclothes. (2nd thing, bathe)

So here I am. I am laying down my grief. I love my sons.... Evan and Rees. I will always miss them. But it's time to open the new chapter. Take off the graveclothes. Then what? I don't know. I've been promised joy for the trade.

Sounds like a good trade to me.

69 comments:

BethC said...

love the good report and descriptive story.
feels like I'm right there with you.
beautiful

Anonymous said...

I know that it is sometimes hard to let go of sorrows, especially when it has been a major part of your life. As unpleasant as sorrow is, it is familiar. Not knowing what is coming can be scary and exciting at the same time. May God strengthen you to face all things new.

BethC said...

home schoolers:
in The woodlands
The Jason Project is an extraordinary, science-based, interdisciplinary
unit study curriculum.
You can learn more about the Jason Project at www.jason.org

BethC said...

another group called
SHARE Co-op
meets in Spring
http://www.shareco-op.com/

BethC said...

Extraordinary Education
www.extraordinaryed.org

BethC said...

cruises link for homeschoolers
special price
http://www.jsoft.com/archive/taffie/MayanFlyer.pdf

BethC said...

psa again

Although there may be nothing new under the sun, what is old is new to
us and so rich and astonishing that we never tire of it. If we do tire
of it, if we lose our curiosity, we have lost something of infinite
value, because to a high degree it is curiosity that gives meaning and
savour to life.

- Robertson Davies

Rate this quote at Quoteland.com!
http://www.quoteland.com/rate.asp?QUOTE_ID=3439

BethC said...

saw this house for sale on the zip realty website:
25603 PINE ACRES CIR
The Woodlands TX 77380
Bedrooms: 5
Bathrooms: 2 1/2
Square Feet: 2,557
Lot Size: 9,000 Sq. Ft.
Listing Date: 05/21/06 Year Built: 1973
Listing Price: $159,000*
MLS#: 6296913

BethC said...

It's estimated that over one-half of U.S. companies now have some sort of telecommuting arrangement with their employees. In addition, there are 23.4 million self-employed teleworkers.

Josh said...

Praise God!! I’m so, so, SO, happy to read this!

Praise the Lord for His healing and His love, that’s all I can say!

jessica.anne said...

...then what? you said it!... BATHE!!! that's really awesome, Jess! the river of life is flowing through this place, man! I'm excited for you!

Beth said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i kept waiting for the breakthrough moment for you.
can't wait to see what now.
8)

BethC said...

New style of teaching called 'reform math' gets mixed reviews from parents; system rewards kids for getting wrong answers

BethC said...

Music Industry Sues XM Satellite Radio Over Recording Device:
Recording Industry Association of America, seeks $150,000 in damages for every song copied by XM Satellite customers using the device("Inno,"), which went on sale weeks ago. The company says it plays 160,000 different songs every month.

jess said...

beth sure provides a lot of information

BethC said...

i have a teachin/learnin habit
i try to keep it to a low roar

Nate said...

we got crystal back and a yankee/hippy? cool...

Nate said...

Jess...how old are Wade and Jennifer?

Nate said...

Last night @ Wade 'n Jen's house was way funny. Wade cracked me up with that bird puppet and chainsaw routine! That was great. *grind!!* "CAW" heehee...still makes me laugh

BethC said...

they are (about) same age as jess

Nate said...

oh wait...no jess aqui. Tengo un loro calvo, que canta a “Carmen en D” cada noche antes de cama.

BethC said...

tron, u speaka spanish? realgood

Nate said...

just a bit...enough to understand people when they talk slow

Nate said...

just kidding...I don't speak spanish. but my bald parrot does!

Nate said...

I actually do know a bit. I was able to almost get by in Spain. When people talked slow. Which they do. In mexico they talk a mile a minute...not so in espana

jessica.anne said...

Yeah, Wade & Jen are awesome! Nate- do you really have a bald parrot? ...and whoever said I was a Yankee?

Nate said...

here we go Webster's Dictionary:

Modern Californian: hippy with yankee attitude.

Pre-Modern Californian: just plain hippy

Nate said...

I don't really have a bald parrot...but don't tell my canary that..."he thinks he's a parrot"

Nate said...

real californian: G.T.T. lets see if the teachers can figure that one ou...

BethC said...

is that in any relation to a GTO

Nate said...

haha...no...just doesn't have the same ring...as Gone To Texas. GONE TO OHIO...GONE TO OREGON...GONE TO ORANGE COUNTY(why would you want to go there?)

BethC said...

congratulations to the grads!
Derek and Sam...anybody else?

I'm at CHS today; got Alisa in my class right now

Nate said...

my lil bro David...but ya'll don't know him. Grad from Caney creek

BethC said...

hi chron neighbor
got work?
how's your ma?

BethC said...

how many siblings u got tron

congrats to david

Mama PC said...

Jess, I could tell things were happenin' in you...Sun a.m. -

Me and Papa JC were really battling up there.... there was some real warfare going on... to the point that he felt like he was totally "missing it"...

There was a lot of healing going on...though... i could sense it as we kept on pressing through...

The Lord is Good and His Mercy Endures Forever...

Mama PC said...

Natron, I needs to talk to you. Call on mee home phonerio, sil vous play...

re: summer Tribe rehearsals...

Nate said...

two bros and a sis

Nate said...

I got a new phone! I dont' have numbers anymore!

jessica.anne said...

hello! yep...I'm workin' (obviously!) Ma is good! Her birthday is coming up so I'm trying to come up with something to do... and Nate, what is a yankee attitude? you calling me a snob?

Nate said...

no way! Yankees CAN be fun...they just can't drive! Heehee..or pick presidential candidates ;)

BethC said...

happy bday to chronmom

random last words...
masondixonline tribulation assimilation proclamation
peace, love, red white and blue

Josh said...

Yo chron!

How's it going? Seen Keith's baby pics yet?

Josh said...

Speaking of cool parrots that can say cool things, check
this video out of this talking parrot. Totally cool!

Naytron- does you canary say anything?

Nate said...

he sings to "carmen in d" before bedtime

Nate said...

ew gross...you have to have IE to see that parrot video...

jessica.anne said...

HI Josh! I have seen NO baby pics! ...well... except that one! Congratulations! shoot me a link or something man!

jessica.anne said...

does he literally say "carmen in D" or is that a song? "canon in D" maybe???

Nate said...

haha...I don't know if carmen would sound good in D..but it's not Canon in D...thats a different song. Carmen is a spanish composer from I think the 1900's...maybe late 1800's...or I could be completely wrong...

Josh said...

Well, I shot everyone an email when he was born, so you didn't get it or I have an old crusty address for you. What your email? Post it, then delete it once I get it. Thank for the congrats!

Ahh bummer, you have to have IE to see it. It's pretty funny. Do you use a Mac, Naytron?

jessica.anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh said...

Here, now you've seen two pictures.

Beth said...

i know that amy mccollum and savannah chimene are also graduating saturday

Beth said...

chron,i love that picture!
8)

Josh said...

Got it chron, and check your email for pictures.

Nate said...

I use Firefox. I wish I had a mac...but I don't like Safari that much either. I'd probably use firefox for mac if I had one. Which I might...in the not too distant future!
I found a funny video you might enjoy Josh...lets see if I can remember where I saw it..

jessica.anne said...

josh he's a doll! ...a very manly doll, that is... :)

Nate said...

I FOUND IT!

WHEE!!
a video about firefox, by a firefox fan...

Josh said...

Since it's impossible to uninstall IE, can't you just open it and use it? I thought with Fire Fox, you can still go back to IE.

Nate said...

you can...but every time I use IE I get tons and tons of spyware...

Josh said...

chron- thank you! Yes, he's very manly. He starting to coo and more and it's SO cute.

tron- don't have Quicktime at work and can't download stuff. IT has the lock down on the PCs. I have to watch it after work.

Nate said...

bummer...just check out firefoxflicks.com

there's tons of funny ones on there as well as an explanation as to why your IT guys don't have quicktime. ;) Look @ Double-Click Relief for the explanation...

Mama PC said...

la la la la
la la la la ah

the joy of the Lord
will be my strenth...

....la la la la lala la

Mama PC said...

Jess, were you in the auditorium when D told how that she was actually feeling impressed to pray for Georgie - and somehow she got Kim's attention and ended up praying for her... then was motioning for Terri to come over to her and Lucia thought she was motioning for her (she never did see or find Georgie to have her come over for prayer) but Lucia came forward, she got zonked.. then Terri got the message and came for prayer and was touched... Kim still on the floor - then, without anyone BUT GOD drawing her, GEORGIE appeared up front, without D having to call her... so...

God works out His plan, through human vessels and by His Holy Spirit in very unique ways...

Praise His Holy Name.

Amen

Mama PC said...

kat, call me soon

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Wow Jess....taking off the graveclothes.........

That is so deep.....God is doing something BIG in you....

God is doing something BIG in all His children....

WOW


Taking off the graveclothes... letting go of the rightful sorrows.

Laying it down and trading it for JOY JOY JOY....

Wow,.

Rees and Evan....old pain....

old lives......new chapter...

fresh start...living...LIFE

taking off the graveclothes....so

deep....so many meanings.

Josh said...

I just heard a song I haven’t heard in years, A Beautiful Place by Wayne Watson. It made me think of what you’ve been writing lately, Jessica. Second part of the chorus:

“Sometime a rough and a rocky road is gonna take you to a beautiful place.”

That's what I see God doing for you!

Mama PC said...

lsat?

goo night

Josh said...

A good verse from Proverbs that I just read:

In mercy and truth atonement is provided for iniquity; and by the fear of the Lord one departs from evil. -Proverbs 16:6