

Very fun Mother's Day in Galveston with the Yablonskis.... although I was frustrated by the supposed wireless access not working for us...
We started a 21 day fast yesterday. I am somewhat excused since I am responsible for Toby's complete nutrition, but I'm fasting sweets and the internet... except for you, my bloggeratis.
Last night's meeting was great... a very fitting last Monday. Man, I am looking forward to the next chapter.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
26 comments:
such BEAUTIFUL pictures!
i love the genuine laughing smiles the best. 8)
i only have a second to write.
but something very cool happened this weekend.
james mother and step-dad let me pray for them. this is the big step up from them letting me pray a blessing before EASTER dinner.
there's a lot more to tell, but i'm encouraged to see that his mother is searching for truth, and his step-dad is growing desperate enough to cry out to God.
SO cool!
ok, over and out.
Glad Galveston was fun! Toby is looking great!
It's an absolutely beautiful day here too! Clear and sunny, can see the snow cap mountains from our front porch, and I can hear the birds singing outside.
We went on a 55 minute walk yesterday after work, down toward the water. First time taking Keith on a walk in the stroller (the one the car seat snaps into). He loved it, was alert the first half, looking around and smelling all the greenery and flowers, then went to sleep on the way back. He was so cute sitting there looking all around.
We took him in the backpack like carrier on a 30 minute walk last week and he liked it too, also feel asleep about half way through.
Keith gets weighed again on Thursday and we're really excited about it! He's gaining weight really good. Getting some puggy check and fat around his legs and arms. I'm guessing he will be 10 lbs.
Nurse types!!! I developed a strange and random lump INSIDE my tounge yesterday. It sprung up sometime yesterday afternoon. It's about the size of a pea. It doesn't hurt except when I harden up my tounge or if I touch it to my teeth. It feels kinda strange, very numb feeling right now. I dont' know if I should be worried or if I should just stick it out and see if it goes away...I've never heard of this before...its kinda scary. Its IN my tounge! Not on or under...but INSIDE!!!
oh man....don't EVER google your symptoms...it's scary
Ah yes, we all need a good set of work shoes. Will pray that you find just the right match. . . not too loose, not to tight, nice and comfy, with a high price tag.
Naytron- just looked on mayoclinic.com for tongue problems and found dome GROSS pictures. Maybe I’ll give a link to them for guys day. Black-hairy tongue was one of them. BLAH! Didn’t find anything about a lump inside.
naytron,
you licked any envelopes lately?
could be a roach growing inside your tongue..
oh, my bad. it's not guys day. is it?
gah-ross...
it just sprung up yesterday...I dont' know what it is...it's messing with my head...it makes me nervous...
I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!"
it went down a bit when I was eating lunch today...but then it came back up. When I woke up this morning it felt way big. Then went down after a couple minutes...
Naytron,
I'd have to say that if it doesn't go away soon (as in a day or so) you should see your doc. Is it reddened?
I feel as if it may have a spiritual correlation. Pray and ask God for wisdom and insight.
Don't let fear reign.
Mamapc
Great pics, Jess. Was it cloudy the whole time you were down there? Thought of you and your whole family that day.
servie987654321
PLEASE be careful doing all those many classes this summer semester(s)... I did 2 online classes one summer (working full time) and it was challenging...
Just be your disciplined self and try to do EVERYTHING 5 days ahead of the due date, and you shouldn't run into too many snags or snaffoos....
We'll all be carrying you in prayer...
Galveston was great. I was so sunny on monday and nice and dry on sunday night too. Toby splashed Kai and got his pants wet, neither boy was upset by either incident. R2 was so excited about the beach and the seagulls.He was so ready to go to the beach he told his dad " Put your shoes on!" Bob only got to stay a little while because he had to go back to trucking, but my girls all got to go and we also went to bolivar after we left the hotel. The girls hadnt ridden the ferry many times and loved it. Mom seemed to enjoy it and we left the Nelson's room with all of their snacks since they are fasting sweets now. We all cant wait to go back next year, but like Dorothy says " There is no place like home"
I am not taking any classes for the summer. I am going to rest a little while and finish the degree in the fall. I think I have only 9 hours left.
Papa JC's father is back in the hospital...still don't know why he spiked a fever... tests are being run...
My later arrival time at work is mucho better.... that extra hour of sleep SURELY will make a difference.... i'm already telling a diff... the sun is actually barely peeking out when i drive down my driveway...instead of pitch-black in the middle of the night at 5 a.m.! The schedule I had before was four 9 hour days starting at 5:30 a.m. Now, they'e changed me to five 8 hour days, starting at 6:30...
Today I was trained more in "conscious sedation", the type of medication RN's can administer to keep a patient comfortable during a procedure. They are sleeping, but still breathing on their own. I will be sufficiently trained, then will have to start taking "call"... wear a beeper, go in on weekends once a month if someone is having a g.i. bleed and needs to have a scope procedure, plus several weeknights per month. So, life should get more interesting then (like I need any more interesting things happening right now!)
11 days til we leave on our trip!
Good night everyone...
Georgia - it's good to take a semester off now and then... i didn't take a class this semester and was glad...
now, i have to decide when to go again... i have all my prereques to get into a Bachelors or Master's program now... unless the particular program I enter requires another algebra-type class... erg.... no bueno algebra... as you can tell, i'm a bit more right-brained...
algebra... in order for me to succeed in math or statistics or any other such logical class, i have to tell myself that it's more of an art and that God thinks like that , so He must have made us to think like that too.... and just delve in and swim... i don't like it at first, and am afraid... but, as i flounder around for a bit, i start to see the beauty in the order of His Universe...
ok - must get to bed...
night night!
I have failed it that algebra way too many times. Mikey is telling me there is an algebra for people like me. I am going to look into that. That is really an accomplishment Mamapc, to be that close to your masters. I admire that. Even though I had to drop algebra again. I made straight a's in the classes I didnt drop.
this here lump in the tongue is not red, it has no outward appearances of existance. I can feel it with my fingers when I kinda palpate it. I can feel it when my teeth touch it. Just very strange...I will definatly pray about it
lsat?
werid. It show's clam's comment as being @ 11:43, but my clock shows 11:41 right now. but I'll put in my ballot for lsat...
goodnight
hope your tongue is better naytron
salt
Those are nice pictures at the water! How fun.. splashing the little ones' feet in the water.
Well, I'm taking a quick moment to post before going to sleep.
I put another post on my blog.. it has some more pictures of Keith.
I love being a mommy.. I love Keith so much.. he is so fun to cuddle & look at.. so special to get to take care of him.
Crouses-- looking forward to seeing you in June!!
You too, Jere & Mere!!
Keith will get to meet his uncle & aunt!
Post a Comment