Well, it's been a year.
Last July, I decided to start a blog, just so I wouldn't have to tell people the condition of my cervix over the phone. If it stuns you that I would use the word cervix in such a public venue, go on back and read the archives. It was a continual topic of conversation.
So my complete loathing for talking on the phone has done us good, eh?
I kinda thought people would check in and see how I was doing, and maybe I'd get a few comments. Ha.
I underestimated the power of Yablonskis.... and you have all become honorary Yablonskis.
We prayed Toby through... celebrated every Monday, a Toby-ganza... you commiserated with my weekly shots, and the boredom.
The conversation kept my spirits up at such crucial times. I remember reading and holding my stomach so I wouldn't cause contractions by laughing.
And then Toby came. And I thought maybe that would be it.
Luckily, it wasn't! Every day, I can get up and write how I'm feeling, or what I'm thinking... it has been a good discipline for me to have a post every weekday. And then off you go.... every now and then, there are 8 comment days... I used to worry that the blog had died. But no. Then I'll strike a chord with something random and the discussion flies. Random characters and the ocassional mutant drop in. And it is good.
Maybe you've all gotten to know me better. I know the reverse is true.
The future of the blog... who knows? I imagine it will continue to be an outlet for me, so you will learn about homeschooling and special needs and so on.
I also hope to start practicing writing. I know I've said that before, but I hope I do. Try out some poetry and short stories on the 'rati.
So, happy birthday to us! Somebody make me a cake!
Monday, July 31, 2006
Happy Blogday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
happy bloginski day to us all.
I am so glad you are planning to continue....write on.
special needs is a great topic to pursue and I look forward to hearing about the journey.
politics, history, current events, psa, and fyi....
variety is cool, and we get it here.
Happy Blogday, Jess!
Yeah SOME blogs are boring and pointless like SOME people I know....okay I'm talking about myself...gimme a break people...
I'm not quite understanding "blog day" just yet and I'm also still curious about who katwoman is on this bloggishness. The only one I could think it would be is pat terry BUT she doesn't fit the personality type this astranged feline appears to have....
anymore hints?
I'm beginning to think that katwoman is in fact not a real human being of Earth. I think she has tricked you all in to thinking that she is one person that you never get to see much these days but in fact that person that you don't get to see much of these days is being held captive on a mothership of alien lifeforms which took over her every thought and brainwave to design an image over a blog website that would show the kind of person that she really is but not show the actual events that she really goes through, because it's sad to say it but it's true...katwoman is not herself these days.
BTW the reason I even have these thoughts is all Pops' fault so hey if you wanna blame somebody for this outlandish message it's him. All my life when I would visit their house I had access to hundreds of extra-terrestrial life books(which I never read but still...I had access to them!).
This is weird cuz I could just delete this whole comment altogether and you would never know I was even thinking about all this. But, alas, I cannot bring myself to a place of invisibility...I must show my soul to the world. They must know me and I must SHINE!
G-day everyone, Johnny-five alive
You say that like being extra-terrestrial is a bad thing.
batboy, is katwoman your mom??? Nah, I dunno...it couldn't be! No nevermind it's not....
SIIGGGGHHH....
happy trails all
katwoman has a real husband and a real daughter
et, phone home, darlingggggg
somebody has a bday coming soon (hint:jdiddy) kiss my isaac fer me...
arberto
very odd entry
i think i would enjoy hearing you sing that one..... haha!
j diddy
rest assured, katwoman is most human--unless i am also extraterrestrial and don't know it.....
wuah ha ha
very funny mysterious katwoman
katie, it's so cool about your job...it sounds like you're really liking it there...
i'm glad
sorry about the sacker-ness
quiet lunching bloggers
see ya later
kisses and hugs
and weird chicken songs
haha
I was compliant... in that I obeyed. But the noncomformist gypsy hippy life was the norm, so I fit right into that.
Well, I had (and have) a little internal voice that tends to dismiss things that seem unnecessary or whatever...
like, as a kid... the rule No talking while you finish your work. Never made sense to me because I finish my work while I talk. ( it makes more sense now, but to a 6 year old multitasker... not so much)
even now, sometimes it seems like rules are just there to be rules. I still tend to obey. But they bug me.
That's the beauty of homeschool. It can be customized to your child... not the "average" child, whatever that is.
as far as the gypsy, hippy title... I am referring to the casual attitude toward life... freedom to move and be flexible... lots of family and noise and laughter...
Wow..a lot has happened in 1 year..
Tobias being the Best thing ever..
He actually is my favorite 7 month old in the entire world!
Almost as cute as Izzy!
I like the idea of an accelerated high school program. college focus is clearer with that type of training/experience/discipline.
seize the day!
HAPPY ONE YEAR TO THE BLOG!
Busyish day today.
Later.
hey this is katie's day off. let's get the conversations goin. good tip$ from your customer service talents. favor
Weird.. a blog I posted several weeks ago just showed up... I deleted it but thanks for the comments Josh and Katie...
Castro at 79 is gravely ill after 42 years as communist dictator of Cuba...
hi, all
buck buck buck...
pkockkkkkkkkkkk!
i think me and aberto could do a doo-ett...
lindsey was quite the strong-willed creative and stubborn child!
at age 11 or so, she decided that she would no longer do what was asked of her. we were homeschooling...so, i was in charge... we struggled on many accounts... but one of the things i remember most was the fact that she WOULD NOT just do the kitchen like i asked. but, she wanted to go to the youth meeting at church.
i felt strongly that as a hsm, i could and should structure education and discipline in all areas of my childrens' lives. with their needs in mind. because she was so stubborn about this area, serving the family by helping in the kitchen, i felt it would be wrong to let her get away with disobedience. anyway, i started telling her that she could not be disobedient and dishonoring to authority at home, then go shine and act holy and wonderful at the youth meeting...so, that until she came under authority, she would NOT GO to church meetings. If you cannot live a Godly life at home, why do you think you can go and act like it at church meetings. That is what I said to her. And she cried and fussed for hours... until she finally agreed to go ahead and do this... it took a few weeks, but each week she got to the meeting a little earlier.
as the years have gone by, i've crafted her requirements in life more to her giftings.... it's been difficult. she doesn't like getting her hands dirty, but i finally got to a place where i realized i did all i could... and then, lo and behold, she started coming around and doing more to serve the family... she did not want to be forced.
i was the same way. i remember crying for hours over the sink of cold water. alone... required to finish the dishes alone... it was killing me! i NEEDED SOMEONE to be with me! lots of kids are like that. i still want someone with me while i work... i'm just built that way... but, over the years, i've finally found that God is there and he will laugh and comfort and ease my job by being there with me...
anyway, my mom and dad MADE me do what was unpleasant...
and i made my kids do what they didn't want to do, because that is what real life is made of... things that aren't always pleasant... then, we sprinkle good and pleasant things on top of the plain... and end up enjoying our journey...
kat - you are a wonderful mom and God will direct you in the way in which you should go with kitten, whether home/private/public or other school.... HE KNOWS best and will give you peace and guidance and unity with your husband about it.
anyway - we struggled through raisin' our children...
and we are almost on the other side of the raisin'
LORD help us!!!
Post a Comment