Dell laptop explodes at Japanese conference
INQ reader's amazing snaps
By INQUIRER newsdesk: Wednesday 21 June 2006, 13:22
AN INQUIRER READER attending a conference in Japan was sat just feet away from a laptop computer that suddenly exploded into flames, in what could have been a deadly accident.
Gaston, our astonished reader reports: "The **** thing was on fire and produced several explosions for more than five minutes".
Should you witness such an event, his advice is, "Don't try anything courageous/stupid, stay away, away, away!"
"For the record, this is a Dell machine," notes Gaston. "It is only a matter of time until such an incident breaks out on a plane," he suggests.
Our witness managed to catch all the action in these amazing pictures.
"Fire extinguishers leave a mess on your suit and belongings; pack your stuff (if you can) and leave, leave, leave!" he advises.
We don't have any further details of the model of the computer in question. In light of the evidence, however, we'd suggest you avoid actually using a laptop on your lap. Ouch.

See Also
Dell recalls 22,000 batteries
Dell recalls a million faulty AC adaptors
Dell notebook adaptor fault: Not many killed
48 comments:
that is awesome...
when will people realize that just cause Dell has good advertising and everybody buys them, doesn't make them good computers. They used to have good tech support, now it's rated lowest in the market. After all...it IS IN INDIA! Now why can't someone just go out and say..."to He** with Dell!" "an apple a day keeps the virus away!(as well as the identity theft investigators and the Geek Squad)
Just a bunch of *** propaganda!
*** ******** **** ******** ** * ****, *** ** ***** ****** ** **!
****** *** ** *****.
*** ** ***** **** *** ** *** * ***.
*** ****, ** *** *****!
humidity is unbelievable...kat, like a tropical rainforest at times...I'm walking my 4 laps at Candycane and gettin a sauna simultaneously.
we are tryin to keep our ac bill down, so it is set at 77..when we go somewhere with the ac "kicken" I get cold....i prefer consistent temp variations...my skin does stay well hydrated...benefits to high humidity...
laptops,
how bout the ad for mac compatibility with windows vs pc single format....
I wonder if that pclaptop explosion was rigged to sabotage event and mar pc name...maybe the laptop exploded due to moisture from high humidity....
oh, then thee is the lovely breeze to cool outdoor activities....sweeeeeeet
or sweat......
jennifer, call me when you have time about yesterday's deliverance continueing story...
“Link Sizzler is a website technology which allows website owners to put up many words on a website and dynamically link each word to a popular website,” said Joel Comm, Internet Revenue Expert and founder of the Link Sizzler technology.
http://www.100businessopportunities.com/blog/
“The Link Sizzler is incredibly easy to use,” said Mills. “One simply installs a script on a web server with Linux and MySQL, and payments are made with your Paypal account.
Morning all,
Congrats Katie on your nanny job, and you poker playing. When we were kids, we had a big jar of pennies that we’d use to play poker with, then return all the pennies for next time. I think I did pretty good, it’s hard to remember.
I can just imagine the humidity down there right now. I remember it well. No humidity here.
here's a site I found by looking up Nigerian scam
http://www.snopes.com/
crime/fraud/nigeria.asp
you've never met these people? it's all been by email?
ooh Katie
look at this
http://www.4nannies.com
/info/nanny_scams.cfm
Holy cow, Katie!
It IS a scam!
http://www.greataupair.com
/Nigerian-aupair-scam.cfm
Your husband is one smart cookie!
You're not stupid... anybody could have fallen for that
is this your people?
http://www.scamdex.com/
NSX/S/NSX7
Jan200608582605001.html
natron, I thought of a similar slogan...
Josh is acting like a demon that just got exposed...
How's your dell DJ?
loves - Richy
you need to report them, though
i e-d you the links
I had tuna and biscuits
I need this story about like orbs over heads and fire coming out of Mike's guitar, ahhh... life at TFH is getting soooo exciting!
Mac sucks
Poor Katie, I am sure you will find a good nanny job. There are some real ones out there you know. Just keep trying. My sister hired a nanny twice. First me and then Jessica. but she doesnt need full-time.
Josh, are you cussing with this?
***** ****** *********\
This is real cussing, havent you seen Peanuts?
@$$&^&*^&) (*(^)*(%) (^%$%$%$^$&@#$$%#%^&!
You know how sometimes you have a smell in your house? You know it is coming from so particular place. You cant always find it, but you know it is a specific smell and location.
But sometimes, the whole place stinks, that is when you know it is bad, like you wish you could move or set up explosives or something.
Doesnt HEB pay cashiers better than the other grocery stores?
I heard they pay better too. Good luck, Katie.
Kroger employees never look happy. The Kroger near me is almost hostile. I hate that place. I dont go there because they are so miserable and make me feel miserable. Walmart makes me feel much more like cattle. Friendly cattle, but cattle.
bye
not falling for the bait, G
Not really cursing with the ********** stuff, just following in kind with Jessica’s post and Trons “**”. Just being silly / stupid / obnoxious- take your pick.
Glad to know Katie thinks I smell like some unidentifiable, but allusive smell in Georgia’s home. I’ve never had such a complement.
Oh, and here is one of the nice pics we took at the park last weekend.
Sorry about the not-so-nanny job, Katie. I was starting to wonder about it since you never said you met with them. I don’t know anyone that would hire someone to watch their kids without meeting them.
One time I had one of those allusive smells in my apartment. I knew it was the kitchen, but couldn’t figure it out. It was dang nasty reeking in there. I finally traced it into the garbage disposal where some chicken fat had gone to and not grinded up. It was about a week old and I had to pick it out of the disposal with a fork, while my nose was right in the smell. I think I actually heave / gagged a couple times. BLAH!
I feel like the mac bias here is high. What happened to objectiveness? I mean yall are supposed to be some intelligent people right? Or... maybe not...
I am sure Josh has nothing to do with the reeking in my apt. I didnt put him in my garbage disposal for a week. Love that story though, sounds like something that would happen to me.
I love that about Mike prophesying with the guitar, He is so excited that you saw that Jennifer.
What is this about light orbs over people's heads?
ehh... the mac bias is a superiority complex.
the light orbs... not to be a party pooper... but somebody tell me if you want to hear about that phenomenon
Nice picture, Josh, who does Keith look like?
It's okay Katie. I don't believe you.
Dont tell me you are going to take Dad's old standby, Light orbs are aliens visiting the earth and looking for him to pick up and take home with them?
TOO LATE, martians, you should have left light years earlier. Like did you have to go out and get that extra 6pack of Heineken before liftoff?
orbs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Orb_(paranormal)
lol, so Katie, have you been on one of these alien trips complete with smirnoff?
ah yes the allusive bad-smell-in-the -house syndrome....i was just discussing that with d'ana yesterday......real estate advice for selling is keep some cinnamon sticks simmering in oven...candles and/or Lysol are good too...
katie, never share personal info on phone or Internet.....the right job is there and you will find it "safely"....
I had thought of a semi-nanny job I would like..
"rent-a-grandmother"
Ok part of wikipedia definition fits the old man's delusions.
That orb photos can be gained anywhere has, however, been adopted into the position of those who maintain that orbs are probes/devices being used by an alien culture to monitor human activities
upstairs
So these that you have seen are pictures? Jennifer, or are they things you have seen at this conference?
Jenn
I wasn't dogging on Chris... just, a lot of people take the orb pictures. Not saying that's what his are.
UP
UP
I dunno bout photos but angels are ministering to us "on wind and flames of fire" Hebrews 1:7 I think
Katie... I thought POKER was something only played in Saloons...
Post a Comment