Well, I actually wrote a blog yesterday but it never showed up here. Curiouser and curiouser....
Toby is sick. Poor little guy. He has a little fever and a runny nose. I thought it was just teething but I woke up with a sore throat today... sheesh.
Did I write that we have decided to homeschool R2? I'm excited and nervous about it... it is going to be a lot of work, but he'll love it.
There's a big homeschool convention in August.... that's where we'll get a lot of ideas.
But my throat hurts and there's nothing to eat. Somebody call the waa-mbulance.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
104 comments:
First!!!
ohh...nevermind...
kat, have you heard of the new coop hoomeschool group, MASH.
they are your area and they have met at McDade for gettogethers.
jess, R2 will excel in homeschool. what areas will you start?
the woodlands cwmp homeschool conference is 1st week in August & CACHE (Conroe group) meets Aug 1st. I can send ya email if u want.
yes, my pic is a sheep doin hurdles
The one I went to a few years ago (with Steph) is the THSC... it will be August 19-20 at the Woodlands Marriott...
yeah, send me email
Question for those who know:
I am looking at who do I need to sign up with
I already signed up for HSLDA (the legal defense guys) because it seems very helpful, also it's risky hs-ing a special needs kid... we will probably get questioned... so that was a good one for us. But pricey. Luckily there is a payment plan.
So should I actually be a paid member of CACHE? worth it?
What is this MASH? What about THSC??
Beth- do you know anything about the special needs homeschool guys... NATTHAN?
I am homeschooling 2 this year. Chris is in Kindergarten. Chris wants friends, but I could not get him into AR Turner where Gabriela went. I have thought about joining a Co-op but don't know which one is the best or how to get involved.
Jess,
Did you see where I posted to start date and time of the mom's group?
It will be August 7 at 10:00 am. Childcare is provided.
Feel free to invite anyone you want and if you have any questions, please e-mail me at mommy-3@cox.net
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Of course inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
I'm gunna email the homeschool info I have...
We receive three educations, one from our parents, one from our schoolmasters, and one from the world. The third contradicts all that the first two teach us.
Charles Baron de Montesquieu
(1689-1755)
Philosopher and jurist
My idea of education is to unsettle the minds of the young and inflame their intellects.
Robert Maynard Hutchins (1899-1977)
Educator
kat and jess, I sent hs info stuff...pass it on
refiner's fire of heaven
jess, on imageshack.us
is there something special I do to follow this info on their page?...
"Please use clickable thumbnail codes (they save ImageShack's bandwidth)"
I think that's just requesting that people use the smaller files if they can... but I don't see a direct link to a thumbnail, and they usually put a black bar on the bottom of your image. So I would just use the one near the bottom that says direct link
we have a lunch appointment.... you gotta be quick to catch us
bring your chicken for an after-church social
gotta go now
see ya next time
happy friday and great weekend recovery/rest/relaxation time!
I had a legal class on employment law all morning, so just getting on. I’d like more conversation on home schooling on the blog, we are seriously thinking of home schooling and have some friends who may be interested in a co op. I just looked at HSLDA’s website a couple weeks ago and we’re starting to learn the requirements and get info.
need to hear from those doing it or have done it... mommy-3, harvy, kat.
What curriculum are you using? Etc.???????
big police chase in pearland right now
why are police chases so interesting? especially when you kow the roads
I don't know if I'll use a curriculum this year... there's a group called Texas Special Kids (special needs) that does free consultations... I'll be talking to them
man, he's only going 70... if I was in a po po chase I'd go 90 at least... still too fast for them to get roadblocks up, tho
bad boys, bad boys... whatcha gonna do when they come for you.. bad boys, bad boys.
he robbed a cleaners... man. is the chase worth it?
if those were my work clothes, yes!
he ran over spikes... front tire is flat
he must be FREAKING out... the tire is on the rim
he hit a truck... still going.
both tires front flat
Yikers....
drove into a gully.... where is he?
this is so cool
they prob should've let him go.
truck in the water... waiting to see officers
BANG BANG...
there are cops on the edge of the freeway... they are being super careful... think he's armed
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/
where did the spikes come from? the cops put them out?
yeah... he swerved but still got nicked
there's an officer crawling on his stomach into the gully... now he's backing up
Do you think you guys want to homeschool Keith?
very much leaning to it
almost for sure.
what do you think about Toby?
I wanted to, then I didn't want to.... now I kinda want to... and it's the best for R2
Toby for sure... it's just the special needs that intimidate me with R2
SWAT's there now, so the TV guys have to back up
MAN! I am nervous with all these tv cameras showing where the cops are... what if has someone on cell phone?
yeah, it would be harder to do R2, but it will probably be good for him.
as r2's parents, you both know his interests, strengths, weak areas and his personality.
does he need routine or more spontaneous? or a combo...
how's his interest in naming objects, people, feelings...he likes art? assembly? building? of course music and pt...
oh, the guy is a suspect in several armed robberies...
Good, those people can finally get their limbs back.
He has a GUN!
Dangerous, Cleaning lady at the laundry mat saw a GUN
I just talked to a guy in Arizona, where the temperature is 115!
93 outside currently...
80 in my room
The guy surrendered peacefully
Is it still not OK to give babies HONEY?
That might make Toby's throat feel better...
Good Lord... no honey for babies...
BOTULISM....
BOTULISM, FOR SURE!
p'kawkkk
jess, are you feeling any better???
Infant botulism and honey
Hey Jess,
Do NOT give Toby any HONEY!
Still not the "in thing"
How did my chilren EVER survive?
I dropped them on their heads periodically, I tossed them in the car without carseats....I played full blast music in their ears
.....I used clothe diapers and SAFETY pins....I put honey in their bottles if I was out of KARO...........
I gave them BABY ASPRIN.....I left my outlets uncovered and exposed....I let them eat as much dirt as they wanted to...
and I kept them away from all RED koolaid.........
I raised 3 sons and I don't recall ever hearing about honey & infants danger...
chrisharvey meeting tonite lots of inner healings for hurting people...sweeeeet
I saw one of my students from 4 years ago, and he's a senior now. He always loves Radiant....
Thank you for the disclosures, VKG. This all helps to explain a lot about your sons.
= )
how am I? well... my throat hurts, but not too bad. Toby feels bad, and he gave me quite a day today with the screaming and the nap-skipping....
but pretty good.
especially if I am lsat.
That's awesome, Beth.
Good night.
Good night, Josh.
Good night, Jessica.
Jessica, if you're still on and feel like looking at some more baby pics, check your email.
Man, I bet you are ready to hit the hay, Josh.
which email?
The hay is sticking me in the face, so here I stay.
radrev.com
just sent
Isn't too late for little kids to be on the internet. Jessica, you should be in bed by now.
ha ha
just send me the link... I'm already signed in as moi-self
you're just trying to get me away from the blog.... I know your type.
and actually, I am in my bed. Richy is at Mike's Monks tonight, so I am taking advantage of not having to turn off the light
Hey! South Korea just nuked Alaska! Go look at Fox News!
heh heh
Send me the link, I'm already a member of fox news.
DISCLAIMER
I am lying
Oh, I'll send you a link all right
That's ok, I never believe anything you say anyway... don't worry about it.
quit hovering around the keyboard... you're making it nervous
link link... you got your link... I got your link..,
Oh sorry keyboard, good night.
Hey, remember the first song we ever sang together?
SWEET SWEET VICTORY
oh, what was it... my old age.
Oh yeah, and it is MINE!
ha
ALL MINE
ALL MIIINNNNNEEEE
fa la la la last
WA HAHAHAHAHAHA
Son of a sheila....
You need some soap in that smart mouth of yours.
okay I'm out... I'll look at your pics in the morning.. he looks great in your avatar
whyn't you come over here and say it to my face, Hairy?
fo rizzle
i'm out
Who you calln' hairy, Mrs. Crown For Head.. Heh heh heh.
what a kewl website......wonder why they didn't post one with the orbs.
God is really changing people
I do not know WHY my comment keeps repeat-posting....weirdness
I guess it is posting ok now.
no biggy...
mornin glory
Post a Comment