One kind of bummer thing about bedrest is that weekends aren't really
any different.
Now, weekends have always been wierd in my life. When we were youth
pastors, we worked all weekend... Friday night church, Saturdays doing
stuff with youth or (gulp) visitation... and then Sundays ALLLLLLLL
day. So the weekend was kinda Monday. At least that was Richy's day
off.
With Radiant, it's whenever there's a break from Radiant work... Many
times Richy and I have made reference to "last weekend" referring to
Tuesday.
And when you're on the road, there's no weekend. The only thing that
changes is dressing up a little for Sunday services. But you go to
church every day, pretty much.
Despite the variety of weekends, at least there was a day that was
different. Now they all appear the same -- a couple exceptions....
doctor appointments and shots.
Today I had breakfast. And medicine. Now I'm laying in bed. I will make
uncounted treks to the restroom, finish 2 novels, check my blog
obsessively, have lunch, repeat. 6:30 Everybody Loves Raymond.
And I will be kicked repeatedly from the inside and climbed over and
smooched from the outside. R2 is taking great joy in Mommy going
nite-nite all the time. He crawls over me like I'm a playground, and
rubs his syrupy little face and hands on my face. He elbows me in the
belly and laughs when I say "OOh!" He talks rapturous affectionate baby
gibberish. Then he points repeatedly to the TV. Sometimes he disappears
for a long time, and I hear him playing piano with his daddy, or I just
don't hear anything for a long time, and then something big and heavy
falls down and he casually comes back in my room and points at the TV.
24 comments:
Jess, I am aware of your great need for entertainment, THATS why I keep doing chineese dances and vairous interpretive dances for you. I don't want your life to feel mundane.
- Richy
I forgot to mention... my day is vastly improved by interpretive dancing...
Bether is planning meals for the refugees at TFH.
Is Matt or Daniel the Rat King? I get them mixed up.
Im going to Dallas tommorrow.
I too have seen these international dances, they are something to make a person wonder, how did a guy with a look like a skinny viking get a chinese, like, karate, like, kicking strange dance down to a tee.
Very interesting
Still cant get him to do the Russian, he wouldnt rip his pants.
I'm so glad that Richy is making sure Jess doesnt get bored.
I always think it is funny when something heavy falls in the other room and some little kid wanders in like he didnt notice and asks for peanut butter.
It's funny now... because there's no way I'M in charge of cleanup.
Kids sound like a fun thing to have...Guess we'll go ahead n have one ourselves!
Yo Aunt g, how you get your name in "blue" besides going to police academy.
The state of anarchy in New Orleans is crazy. So any of the "refugees" could have the same instincts...such as bipolars n stuff. So just be careful, but God could really use us in that way. Being right next to the border and Beaumont being the first major stop out of Louisiana, we've seen a lot of 'em over here. Almost every person here knows someone over there.
Dances are a thing of beauty, especially when a few Crush5 folk are in the picture. I for one think that a more african style dance is of the essence for entertaining a household of guests or even a small vibrant young lady who likes to smile but won't unless you begin to imagine yourself as a third world firedancing cheetah king...I've said too much.
Blessings on you and all your tribes,
Johnny-5 alive has arrived
Hate to interupt the Cheeta guy, but I just found something really gross in my campbells soup. It looked like a blown up carrot that had some kind of disease. I wandered what it was, so I put it in my mouth. ... then quickly spit it out.
r2's been in the bath for about an hour, I'm sure the waters getting kind of cold, however, he does not want to leave.
- so that's what's going on around here - Richy
nope... no clue
MCF has evacuees...not refugees....i actually live at TFH now..or some may think..theres no place like home there's no place like home....there's no place like home....dagnabit these red slippers aint functional...
OK,I am the firebreathing Tiger!(Big Bob)
verrrrryyyy strange...
what has mama been doing? I suspect vileness and profanities, repented of at leisure
Leisure is just a frame of mine.(Tiger)
curiouser and curiouser
Ok, I am back as myself, maybe that is why the picture wouldnt come in right.
We picked up Heather downtown. That scene is calm and desperate. At least its calm. and the scene at TFH is definetly hopeful.
Will be back on tomorrow night
bye yall
Oh, before I go, John sign in as a blogger, get a user id and password. It will take you to another screen create a useless blog. Finish that page and you should be able to use the name you chose in blue and it will come up automatically after that. Although you willhave to sign back in every time after you leave.
no, no Firedancer is John. Richy is Incrediboy or something
The Spaniards went to Dallas. At least some of us, and yes, you were right we were eating mexican food at Taco Bueno is Dallas with Sandra and Heather. Gramps wanted to go, but his doctor wouldnt let him leave the hospital.
It has definetly been a bon temps roullez day.
Mom. I'm glad your cinderella is working today.
Hey where was Bob during your musical attack all night?
Can we have a pic that describes the name Incrediboy?
Ok let me see if I have this straight
Fire-breathing tiger formerly known as Bob
Fire-dancer formerly known as John,(fire-breathing tiger's son)
Incrediboy formerly known as R1
Peanut butter head formerly known as R2
RatKing formerly known as Daniel
Alberto formerly known as Rob
Bedste formerly known as Eva (Joy)
And to top it all Mom looks like cinderella
Spaniards formerly known as the Velazquez's
The only ones without secret identities are Julie and Tim
Is that right, did I miss any?
Oh, I forgot
Bartholomew
and Help Me Jesus FORMALLY known as Toby Clark
I think this is why this blog works so well, because no one is on the same time frame. You can still catch up with people even though they arent there anymore.Quite a Yablonski invention I think. They will come back and then they will read about you. Except for Bob who comes on and wonders why nobody responds to him right then.
Post a Comment