Monday, October 17, 2005

24 weeks! TOBY BONANZA BIRTHDAY BLANZA

24 weeks today. What a milestone. I had the twins at 24 weeks, and R2
at 24 weeks 1 day. So as of Wednesday, I will be in completely
uncharted territory. Actually, I already am. I have never been 24 weeks
pregnant and not in labor. Not in a hospital.... not in a horrible
hospital gown.
You'll have to bear with my emotions today. It's a bittersweet victory.
I fully believe this is different. I'm going all the way. Or at least
until I put myself in labor getting a Christmas pedicure.... but
there's a part of me that grieves a little today. I wish I could have
made it with the twins. I always will.
And I celebrate R2, who was born at this stage and made it. What a joy
he is! What a character.... I don't know if God asked me if I'd like to
go back and swap him with the full term R2.... it would be a tough
call. He is sunshine.
But today, I celebrate Toby. Good job, buddy. Hang in there. Ain't
nothin happening out here anyway.

And today, I am officially in my late twenties. I think 27 is past
mid-twenties, wouldn't you say? Strange. We're going to celebrate very
quietly here.... we can't help holding our breath a little till this
week is over.
So no surprise party hiding in my closet and jumping out at midnight...
not a good idea, folks.

This post is kinda serious. But I enjoy the mayhem so much. So feel
free to party on in the comments.

63 comments:

jess said...

jd- emailed ya back

jess said...

well, I made a very specific list which mostly included books... so probably books.
I couldn't think of anything this year.
I think I am getting a cake... not sure

jess said...

I heard JOsh is getting me a life size Ninja Turtle

jess said...

oh and duh... my big present is, if the appointment tomorrow is good... which it will be... then we're going to Galv for a day and staying at the Victorian! where I will continue bedresting but probably sit up for one meal at Landry's!

jess said...

hey mama... you want a new picture?

jess said...

hmm... I enjoyed the trilogy, but I've heard the energy bills on those things are horrendous! How about a nice yacht instead?

beebow said...

"Happy Birthday To You,"
"Happy Birthday To You,"
"Happy Birthday To Jessica,"
"Happy Birthday To You!"
How did you like it Jess? Are you surprised that I got the Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir to sing for your birthday? I tried to think of a gift that would be a little out of the ordinary! I wanted them to come to your house, but they wouldn't come by bus and the airline tickets were a little more than I could spend. Sorry!
I wish you and Toby both a happy birthday. I love you.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

It is already your birthday so it is ok for you to know, You are getting a cake and some enchiladas and fixens about 5:30ish...

No big surprise party jumpin out of closets or any of that.

Just open the door and I will throw in the goodies as I am running by..........haha

This is such a wonderful day sweety!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

What a beautiful rainbow full of hope.

jess said...

so Ok. So far I have a castle in Scotland and a song from the Estonian Philharmonic. What are the rest of you getting me?

Georgia said...

Layla got you a present. And I am getting you one. I dont know when we can get them to you, but we will.

Georgia said...

Terri,
You are getting her a great gift. Be sure and have the medieval exterminators come and spray the castle and moat for dragons, evil witches and alligators.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Enchiladas are real..

Georgia.......triplets........wow.

Just noticed the peas in a pod.

:0)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

How long are you staying in Galveston? Will you be home in time for dinner Wednesday night?

jess said...

vg- yep

jess said...

where's the menfolk today?

Georgia said...

Yall are getting just plain scary.

jess said...

We're scary?? You're having triplets! Talk about scary!

jess said...

last I heard mama was fainted and waiting for a wealthy STRONG landowner to come and cart her off- romantically

jess said...

... cough..... wheeze....
hello?? .... compadres? mi amigos?? el preside....ack

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Hi Katey.........

hard to imagine you married.

I still see you as a little bitty teenager.

Have a great day guys......

P.O.!

jess said...

pie in the face... hee heee...

that has always been such a good joke.
ok mama looking for a pic

BethC said...

Just stop by to wish the birthday girl a BIG happy Bday...Hope to see ya'll soon.
Love

jess said...

Woo-wee!

jess said...

JULIE-
YOU ROCK BEYOND DESCRIPTION
HOW MAY I SING YOUR PRAISE??

just delivered to my door... a giant display of roses, 2 balloons, and CHOCOLATE covered strawberries.
Excuse me while I gorge on these!

Georgia said...

I do believe motha has been taken by a tall dark stranger, what will eva happen to the memory of our dear departed Fatha, oh, no I am feeling a faint comin on, Mamie, where are those smellin salts?

Georgia said...

I left a note on the gravesite. Dear Fatha, motha has been taken by a tall dark wealthy landowning stranger with a long trailer,who is really dead for a loooong time. Hope you dont mind, she was tired of sewin all day long and needed to eat somethin sides catfish. Still, we love you dearly departed, but well, fatha, we must go on, you know, for the sake of Tara...

Georgia said...

And by the way, fatha, windowsXp was a big hit.

Georgia said...

Ok, am I the only one that thinks Jenna is totally undecipherable/ You got a bigger one Julie? I cant see that one at all?

beebow said...

A word of advice for mama and georgia- When you fall over in a genteel faint (or any other kind) be sure your feet are pointed toward a wall, hedge or otherwise unoccupied area. Those hoop slips under those frills and corsets can be very revealing! Hmmm........ Maybe that has something to do with getting that wealthy landowner.

jess said...

"Goodness, what beatiful diamonds !" -- "Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie".-

Mae West

jess said...

she wants a bigger ultrasound picture... see, the triplets haven't had one yet

Georgia said...

Ah, keep tryin Terri, but I just go beyond 40 inches and have to call the doctor.

Georgia said...

Julie, I cant see Jenna. The pic is too small.

Georgia said...

Yah, groveling, my favorite.

Georgia said...

How did they faint with those hoops? It is like beebow said, all of your glory would be revealed for all to see?

Georgia said...

I actually did volunteer for something yesterday. I do need to talk to D'ana about that. Are you there D'ana?

jess said...

as God is my witness, I will never go hungry again!

Georgia said...

What time are you getting there for the festival? I am there all from 7:30- to 1 or so every Sunday.

jess said...

or into the arms of a handsome scoundrel

Georgia said...

That's the secret! A fainting couch! Why didnt I think of that? Jess, get us some pictures of fainting couches.

Georgia said...

Wealthy Scoundrels.. Hmmm let's see who would that be?

jess said...

he can be poor if he is charming and sneaky, because he will be rich soon

Georgia said...

That was funny Julie. Yeah, I think I would be for saving the tookish. Whatever means possible. Good point!

jess said...

Ashley was such a wus. I always was like COME ON scarlett, look at this beautiful scoundrel you married!

jess said...

I did notice that. And on my birthday, no less!

Georgia said...

I think it's Scarlet, men dont like gone with the wind. They would like it better if it was Clint Eastwood.

jess said...

on a more masculine note... watched the Astros last night. What an ending! Looks like we're going to the World Series!

Georgia said...

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Josh said...

Make that two male presents in the room!

jess said...

god's gift to women, eh?

Josh said...

Shannon and I are both very happy to see you reach this milestone with Toby! We’re glad you’ve been able to rest in God’s peace recently also.

And, HAPPTY BIRTHDAY! 27 is a good age, I must say.

While we were over in Port Angeles this weekend for Shannon’s mom’s 50th, Shannon, her mom, grandmother, and sister went shopping together to get Shannon’s first maternity clothes, since she’s been to bust out of her stuff. She came home wearing one of the shirts and I was like, “WOW, you’re wearing maternity clothes, oh wow!” It was cool.

We also did some karaoke on her sister’s machine, and I busted out with “Ice Ice Baby”
Da dun dun dun da da dun dun. . .

I have some training this afternoon, so don’t know how much I’ll be later.

Josh said...

Oh yeah, I just read that Sylvester Stallone will terrorize the world with “Rocky VI” next year.

In a brilliant story line, a retired Rocky will come out of retirement to fight some light weights, but then be offered a chance at the reining heavy weight. . . how unpredictable.

beebow said...

hey, jd....who is doing the real dunking booth? My husband was going to get one instead of the sponge toss. thought it would be more fun. Is someone else going to have one?

beebow said...

yes, I am in Brenda's group. It is the most wonderful group too.
I guess that means us.

jess said...

UPSTAIRS

beebow said...

hey mama,
I always feel so lonely when you go upstairs, wherever that is....

beebow said...

Is that where they hold all of the how to faint when you go to Tara classes? Upstairs........

jess said...

well, I'm there

beebow said...

I do worry bout u mama! I worry that u might try to evac without me. Keeping a close eye on your evac mobile. Not easy from C&S...
By the by, I kind of like being in cyberspace, don't u? Nobody tries to figure u out in cyberspace...what will be will be.

beebow said...

Course, I grew up in cyberspace...It's right across the street from San Francisco in the 70's.

beebow said...

Although, sometimes it does get kind of quiet out here in cyberspace.

beebow said...

okay mama, I have gone upstairs. They're not coming back to check on us. Please follow....do not go to Tara yet!