I am a victim of advertising. For most of my life, I missed a lot of
ads... because TV was the abomination of desolation and we never had
one.
Now I have one, although it is threatened almost daily by the MOG and
will, undoubtedly be sent back to its owner eventually...
Anyhoo. I was talking about ads. For example, a while back (hours to
years ago), I saw a Jack in the Box commercial about "Fake Shakes". I
have always been a fast food snob, avoiding JITB, Burger King, and
"Waterburger". But this commercial made me laugh and then I thought, I
wonder if that shake really is better... and next thing you know, JITB
is on the list of acceptable foods. Next up, Sonic. My very favorite
commercials. And there you go. I find myself sitting in the little
drive-in, wondering why I am there again because I don't really like
the food.
These BK commercials with the giant King are a little weird. I am
unconvinced. And it will take a LOT to ever bring me in the doors of
"Waterburger".
I buy my dishwashing detergent because that lady's dishes are so
sparkling! Families who eat Jimmy Dean together stay together.
Personal hygiene commercials: why are these products advertised? I feel
so sorry for the actresses. Imagine memorizing that script.
And the guys who sang the toilet bowl song. Was the money really worth
it? I- uh, Well, I sing jingles. For commercials... well, actually I'm
the little guy in the toilet.... hello???
and maybe it's my age, or my health... but the fact that Cheerios will
lower my cholesterol does not change the fact that they taste like
cardboard.
One time, we drove up to McDonalds. From the backseat..." ba da ba ba
ba..."
76 comments:
I am boycotting JITB because of their commercials. I think their commercials are the worst fast food commercials on TV. He (Jack) is either belittling someone, harassing someone, or puts sexual induendos in his commericals. I mean what does having sex with your wife have to do with eating a chicken sandwich(a commercial about a year ago)? And this is a bummer because I like their egg rolls. I have to admit there have been a few times when it was our only viable option and we went there.
Steve throws up if he eats McDonalds hamburgers. We only go there for fries and shakes and an occassional breakfast if we are on the road.
Whataburger gives the biggest shakes for your money.
Burger King is my favorite with flame-broiled burgers and onion rings with zesty sauce.
Although, I like the toys in the Chick-Fil-A restaurant.
Taco Bell gives you the best bang for your buck.
As you can see, we are well acquainted with fast food restaurants.
is there ANYONE who pronounces what-a-burger? Because all I hear is waterburger... not a great name
mcd's fries are the greatest.... keeps me hangin on
I love the dresses, though... I always want to see what they're wearing
yay! welcome to my tree pal!
What about Wendy’s? They have great chili and frostys are yum yummy!
And how about Dairy Queen? They have the best desert menu!
Pat,
What does your jingle mean?
"Jesus stepped on me"?
JOSH,
I forgot about Wendy's, but I do love their frosties. The only problem is that they are the most expensive hamburger joint around.
Sharon,
Of course BK had the most fat in their hamburgers, that's what makes it taste so great. They are definately not dry unless someone overcooks them.
How effective would that be in witnessing, “Jesus stepped on me, and I’ve never been the same since!!”
hey linds
be careful not to get addicted to this crazy place on the net
hello JessIca and blogfirends.....
fast food is very very tiring......
HOME FOOD is BEST!!!
(as well as Papadeaux' salmon on a cedar plank with asparagus......I'm spoiled for LIFE!!!)
Shannon loves ice cream, and therefore Dairy Queen. Where we just moved, we have to drive past one to get anywhere. I will have to keep my resolve, so we don’t spend $6.00 on Blizzards every other day. = )
when i was a teenager, eons ago, any time my mom and I would go out to the grocery story, or shopping for clothes, or anywhere (besides church or work) we'd pull into DQ and get a coke. it was just part of the ritual of shopping......and i thought nothing of it....
well, when papa jc and i married, i thought that would continue....never even dreamed there were people who DIDN'T get a coke on their way to a store...
it was quite an adjustment to me that while he was driving us to the grocery store, he'd pass right by that DQ without even batting an eye! and i, being so quiet and reserved and non-demanding just quietly grieved....... no DQ coke with the nice little crushed ice........ it took about a year for me to finally speak up and say something...... i was quite quiet our first year or so......
WHHAAATTT HAAAAAPPPPPPPPENEEEED???
that BK king is WEIRD...and I think there is an agenda there...
i noticed that Jack commercial a year or so back and was surprised at the innuendo as well........ not appropriate at all!!!
i always liked that little Taco Bell Chihuahua...
my kids dislike taco bell now since that is all we would eat when they were kids because that was the only "out to eat" place we could afford.....and we would try to eat under $10 on a Sunday because Papa JC said that is all we could afford....... so, every Sunday when we lived in spring, we'd eat there...... taco bell food with water.....
hey, you young moms...
i NEVER ordered my kids anything to drink but water when they were kids........ and now, most of the time...when we eat out, that is what they order for a drink.....
i felt kinda bad about it when they were young.....but at the same time realized it was for their good...... so, i stuck to my guns........and they are so much more healthy eaters than most people i know......
of course, when i ordered them H2O, i'd have to do the same.....
ok, i'd better get some work done now, since I AM a busy bee........
have a good day......
(kb, call me for an order)
yeah. I could have a Sonic burger with Mickey D fries and a Frosty and be pretty happy....
and Radiant would do a commercial for In N Out if we ever got famous.... we are all big fans!
Jess, McD’s fries? YUK! JITB has the best fries. I think Wendy has the best burgers, but JITB is close second. I really like Wendy’s chili though, that’s usually what I go there for.
We don’t eat fast food very often, home cooked is better for ya and usually taste better.
He said USUALLY, shannon.... will he get away with it?
Mama PC,
I just tried to call you and got the answering machine. I forgot to leave my number (936) 890-4809.
Hope to hear from you soon.
i know... all these great long sleeved shirts...no use
So sad for the family.
Lord Help them and comfort them...
hi mamapc,
how are you doing today?
God give grace to the Reichert family! May the Lord comfort those who mourn. That's His promise.
On a far less important note, this wondeful weathered winter has left me wondering what the summer may be like? Oucha. So I'm scared of a surprisingly sizzling summer.
Boycott everything! Live off back yard potatoes.
there you have it richyI - back yard potatoes it is...... mucho better for you...
creamed potatoes, mashed potatoes, garlic potatoes, potatoes aug rotten, fried potatoes, boiled potatoes, hashed browns, tater tots...... did i forget anything?
papa jc and i are researching WHERE TO GO for our 25th anniversary. We just found the website for the cabins we stayed at on our honeymoon in RUIDOSO NEW MEXICO and found the exact cabin.
It's a big decision where to go to celebrate such a milestone.
But, fun researching things together......considering a lot of different places to go. I'm thinking we won't tell anyone where we're going.......maybe we can make arrangments to go to the MOON!
but, I'm gonna try to convince my man to take off at least SEVEN days (MAYBE MORE!) (which will include two Sundays, Richy) so, we'll keep you informed.......
Our anniversary is May 30
Hi Diamond Girl!!!
well, i wondered why "Breeze" had an auto as a picture.......hmmm...and all that noise!!!!!! must be one of her bros......
am I correct?
oh, yes - i forgot BAKED POTATOES!!!
and potato soup.......
When will you plant your potato patch, richy? i know jess won't help you......
where IS everyone???
i seem always to be on here when no one else is...... or, i just plain talk too much and the thing won't accept anyone else's postings cause i'm taking up too much room...
or, if Kat's theory holds true, i'm just plain-old being rejected........
God be with the Reichert family!
MamaPC- two words. . . Seattle Washington
Who is this diamond girl you keep saying hi to?
Diamond Girl is a friend of mine who is very very intelligent, gifted, fun, likeable, talented, smart with words, and mucho more things that would fill up too many pages here on this blog......
She lives in the same area as me, although I do not see her enough.
She's very good with words.
She's a great game player.
Who is she???
i'm still trying to figure out Pat's "Jesus stepped on me" jingle.....
hmmm... i've heard of Jesus entering into one's heart...... Jesus rescuing someone, Jesus saving.....
Jesus does remold us, as we allow..... and He heals us..... but I haven't read a scripture where He would step on someone.......
hmmm..... Pat? uh..... Pat?
If it wasn’t a woman and they didn’t live near you, I’d think you were talking about me.
Josh, we are seriously considering Pacific Northwest...... Just want to use our money wisely.
People have suggested a cruise, but I'm not sure about that.
What can you tell me about Seattle?
I'm listening.....
Diamond girl........
hmmm...... hints.........
she has grandchildren and loves them.......
I'll have to give hints as the time goes by......and see if anyone can guess her.......
Three words. . . Josh and Shannon!
i would like to play balderdash with Diamond Girl and her sister...... and throw in Jess Clark and Georiag and Mama and it would be a riot!
Haev you evah played BALDERDASH?
It's a great game for people good with words......... smart people........ I don't enjoy playing it with engineers or car mechanics....... all their definitions have to do with car parts or mechanical this-n-that and you can always tell whose balderdash is who's.......
Gotta be mysterious and good with words......
Who's gonna beion the Balderdash Club?
If the weather is good, which it is in late May / early June, you could pick many mountains with cabins overlooking valleys with clear rivers, you could jump on a ferry and be in Victoria, Canada in a couple hours. The coast with cliffs into the ocean, whale watching boat trips, flight museum (if into that). It is very very pretty here, very green that time of year. Hereis one pic of a city to the north of us, with the view of Mt. Baker.
AND, we’re here. . . and would have little baby at the time.
Well, I'd better go cook SOMETHING FOR SUPPER. I think it will be chicken nuggets (homemade), baked sweet potatoes and mixed veggies.... better get runnin'
Also have to copy and turn in my receipts for 6 months of medical expenses to get the money back out of my flexible spending account!!! Josh, you know about those!
Good night to all...........and I will try NOT to get back on here tonight......but, you never know...... I might be wide awake at 11:59 again!
Blessings on you and your families......
Mama PC
Balderdash is one of my favorite games. . . love it! I’m very good at it, gotten everyone playing to guess my definition a couple times. We play with Shannon’s family in Port Angeles sometimes. We played with a group of like 10 in Ohio one time, very crazy and very funny!
well, my chicken nuggets went over well....... everyone is commenting on how good they are....... they're all surprised.....we haven't had fried chicken at home in ages!
white gravy (homemade!), mixed veggies......
the baked yams are still baking....... will be good for bedtime snack for hannah and lunch for Lindsey tamale
Josh! The pics you sent are great!
We'll keep researching! Any ideas on any great deals on cabins in perfect environment, overlooking great valleys with mountains right in plain view?
Hodrod....... you're a mystery... hmmm... what threw me off was "Breeze's place" Why would you have that on your site? hmmmm...... hmmmm....
Animal or vegetable???
Hi mamapc,josh,hotrod,diamond girl,
How are you doing? I get on here for a few minutes and everyone is gone. Come back and they have come and gone again. I need to get in sync I guess.
Hey mamapc,
Can I come over and eat one of your baked yams. They are one of my favorite foods.
hotrod
me and the spouse know who you are... by our combined powers
mineral???
WHO IS HOTROD!!!
I think I know........
first name has 11 letters???
last name has 8 letters???
hmmm.....
Kat...
diamond girl is not connie....
only she and i know who she is..... us and God..... but, others are free to guess......
but, the question is... who is Hotrod.....
i think h.r. is a guy...
only a guy would put that weird loud audio clip.....and i think i know who it is..... please confirm, h.r.
Beebow - come on ovah for yams...
Mama PC,
Is Diamond my mom?
Of course I think she is a diamond.
Mama PC,
Is Diamond Girl in our church?
Are you saynig that she lives in Cleveland?
No matter who she is, you have given here a wonderful complement.
hotrod
first name 5 letters
last name 6 letters
predisposed toward toyota
MAMA pc- you have made a new favorite for me...
great divide blue bell....
hmmmmmm..... well, so i'm not close.....
hmmm..... hotrod...... you say i talked to you on Sunday..... do you know how many people i talked to on SUNDAY!!!???
are you of the male species? or fe-male??? i must know!
hmmm... now i'll be dreaming and thinking all night, not knowing
WHO HOTROD IS!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmmmm.......
most of hotrod's messages are not perfectly phrased, nor using A+ punctuation..... therefore, leading me to believe hotrod is a guy......
mama3 - no diamond girl is not yo mama......although she is a jewel...
no diamond girl does not live in Cleveland....... so put away the church directory.....
is there any way to go back through all "hot rod"'s posts thru this blog history so that pieces might be pieced together so that peace will be found in the identity of this no-good sneakster???
hot rod??? give us one more hint.....
are you employed in a new job???
Jess - great divide ice cream.....remind me, was it choc and vanilla, half and half in the container???
i usually don't buy blue bell since it's so rich and almost too sweet for me...... usually i buy the cheaper brands..... i guess it's what you get to used to......but, for you.....I only bring the BLUE BELL since you're a Texan-an-all...
katie - do you have on bifocals???
HR has not verified those digits, K... might not want to take off on a rabbit trail
hmmm....... curiouser and curiouser......
who DID i talk to Sunday......???
why doesn't HE reply again to give us a hint???
MPC- yep, half and half... I automatically went right down the middle to have half and half in my bowl...
then Richy took vanilla only and disturbed the Force
but, the grammatical phrasing of hotrod's messages COULD BE to throw us all off......and keep us from knowing who SHE really IS!!!
ok... i will start listing the people/folks i talked to on Sunday (that I can remember). If I get to you, hotrod, please raise your hand.......
my problem is (at church on Sundays) is i don't know everyone's last names..... so it's hard to know WHO i talked to to count letters in last names!!!
hot rod, did i talk to you during music rehearsal (8:30-9:30)
before intercession (9:30 - 9:45)
during the offering (11:15-11:30)
after the sermon/prayer time (12:15-1:00) OR on the phone..... OR at the birthday party Sunday night I attended in Spring???!!!
TELL US!!!
HR how's my name count?
yeah I figured the given name thing.... and yes Dung Beetle Man has powerful discernment..
ok....
hmmmm.... well, could HR be
CECIL MARDIS??? The "Breeze" connection is what has thrown everyone of logical mind "off".
hmmmmmm....... katie, don't listen to the audio clip.....it'll scare the hair off you when it finally downloads and roars while you're looking at something else!!!
i would HOPE so!!!
although, i see that you've been a-gettin' some help from your loving wife while you were watching the President's speech.....
my ??? to you HR is WHY IN THE WORLD would you put "Breeze's Place" on your blog page if you aren't from THAT family??? unless you are related in some way as in familial or friend...
you must give more helpful clues......
(are you still on the floor???)
am I right??? did I guess correctly???
jess, i've worked up a hunger for ice cream now....... i have some cheap half/half orange sherbet/vanilla in the back freezer.......so i think i'll go indulge.....
i'm still copying those med /otc receipts on a slow scanner and kept getting interrupted by this crazy "CLUE" game......
so, better get back to my scanning/copying...
Diamond is the next one to figger out for all you folks......but not tonight.......
it's ovah...
(oh, and pray for Papa JC's back..... he did a lot of moving of boxes at work all last week and then Sat a.m. hurt his back here at home........and it's been bad since then.....)
g'night.......
bzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzz
one more note...... for hot rod...
as i read through these blogs, i've begun to notice a pattern...
the famales usually type longer and more better......
while the guys are more to the point and don't worry about punctuation and grammatical correctness....
so, i wasn't truly criticizing.....just noticing that your posts seemed more of the "guy" type.....
speaking of good grammar, where's TERRI today??? i haven't heard much from her.....
(I KNOW, I said I was going to go now..)
why do i stay up so late???
cause i'm the buzzy bee
very buzzy bee
it sure is quiet around here.....
got all my copies made (such as for glasses, tylenol, contact lenses and solutions, doc/dentist visits, etc) and made sure all balanced with Quicken.....then got ready to mail...
all kids are home and headed for or in bed...
thankful again that i have them close for so long.....
papa jc went to bed around 11:00 He's getting too old to stay up so late......
don't tell him i said so....
bloggers good night and sleep tight........
buzz buzz
Good Morning Hot ROD. I thought for sure the frist place would go to meeeee
Yall have a great day!
Goodmorning hotrod. Tried the link and yes it worked. I don't want to start my engine yet. Too early. How are you. I noticed your cover has been blown. I have to tell you that the racing links on your site was a dead giveaway for me. Have a great day and I will see you Thurs.
Just checking in for a bit. Everyone have a great day. I am going to shoot a moving train today so I will be ready for class tonight. Not working this week and I am really enjoying myself. I pray you see that your day is filled with the glory of the Lord!
Post a Comment