Friday, February 24, 2006

Blegh

I am sick. Coughing too much to sleep and very grumpy.
Toby had another good night, though.

Okay, back to trying to sleep.

35 comments:

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Ooo poor baby,,,,,,,

I have one thing to say..

Jess, hot tea with lemon and honey and garlic several times a day.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Garlic is a natural antibiotic, honey will be soothing and lemon is a antioxine, and tea is hot.

beebow said...

Thanks vg, advice I need this morning too. I never heard of adding garlic to the tea. Does it taste bad?

Beth said...

KATWOMAN
from yesterday
edition
rhett smith might have the chance of being the lesser of the four evils for governor; i'm personally thinking of writing in mike walsh
love ya

jess, get well!

beebow said...

I'm sorry you are feeling bad today, jess. I am praying for you. I hope your health improves with your day.
Off to school. Have a great day all you wonderful bloggers.
I love you.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Yes....it tastes bad.

But you can dice up one clove and even crush it. The secret according to the health nut gurrooo (Jan) is to crush/dice the garlic and throw it in the Tea mixture and stir it around and drink it quickly. It is best to consume it within minutes from crushing it to get the full benefit of the garlic. I just swallowed it down quickly and didn't let it sit in my mouth at all,.so I wouldn't have to suffer.

It really worked. 3 or 4 times a day.

We used green tea. Hot cup of tea. Squeezed 1/2 fresh lemon and crushed the clove of garlic, tsp honey, and swallow it down.

Garlic lays flat on the bottom so you have to stir with a spoon and quickly chug while it is swirling around. Otherwise you get to the bottom and you are forced to SUFFER through all of it collected there.

The garlic is the main cure so be sure and consume it.

God HEAL all these bloggers today! Put Your hedge of protection around all the little ones and keep them healthy in Jesus name.

Love you guys.

Anyone want to change my Rifleman to something less manly while I am at work, that would be really nice.

I am still learning and I do not have a clue. Jess is my teacher but I am off to work. I need to obsess over things that earn me a livin for the next few hours.

Nate said...

emergen-c has saved my body more than once...unfortunatly I ran out. I've been having this sinus infection crud for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Its just now begun to clear up. I did the hot tea with lemon and honey...no garlic...but it helped tons...I'd have about 3-4 cups a day. Lots of caffeine but...y'know...it helped...many blessings from one who has beat the junk! There is light at the end of the tunnel...I PROMISE!!!

Nate said...

grrr....blogging...and the toast burned...grrr...more toast!

Nate said...

oh no! jelly on the pants...oh well. Its too late! Off to school..to learn stuff..speaking of stuff...there's this cool Firefighter/EMS show on A&E on weekday mornings..I think it's called "Third Watch" its pretty cool...I had no idea it existed untill I got sick. Anyway...random thought for ya there...LATER!

jess said...

I think the line is originally from Godfather

jess said...

I see you Crystal

jess said...

I don't know... anything hot would help, I guess

jess said...

LOL

jess said...

I bet it would knock it out though....

Mama PC said...

hello all......

i survived last night......actually got some rest finally......

i know health remedies is best if you can handle the slower recovery time....... but God also gave the field of medicine wisdom and knowledge and this way can be used and guided by HIS hands as well. A lot of prescriptions used by MD's, D.O's are actually herbs!

At this juncture of my life, this week, I've been calling out to God, using healthy vitamins/teas, resting (not enough) and also went to MD for antibiotics and other meds to help with this CRUD. After last night's battle, the medicines kicked in I feel mucho better today, but with Crystal's reminders to rest, I shall continue to rest through the weekend. I need to get to feeling better so I can do what I am called to do.

Thanks for the prayers.

Mama PC said...

sivad - can't wait to see you WAHOO on sunday on that emergency C..... didn't you know the C stood for caffeine???? (j/k...i don't know what the C stands for!)

WAHOO WAHOO WAHOO!!!

this is all typed or keypunched because i have lost my voice.

Mama PC said...

when i'm in a slightly feverished state, my mind is free-er to do some creative works.....so, I am in the process of writing another musical..... a "work".....

pray with me about it.....

Mama PC said...

jess, what time is the crew getting in on Saturday???

Do you need someone to take you to the doctor???

jess said...

Saturday night is all I know...
I don't go to the doctor unless I'm pregnant...
but I am not opposed to medicine

Mama PC said...

i don't watch shows like A.I., but did since you (jess) said you were going to.....(so i can keep abreast of what you young people are drawn to these days)......

i think i think that Ace guy will win...... just a suspicion.....
overall...... i can't believe how many types are there! and i can't believe how crude that one guy is with his critiques.....

i know that sometimes people with really great talent (but with certain types of voices/ears) can do great in one environment and not so good in another, depending on the sound system, monitors, etc... as far as pitch is concerned...... may GOD be glorified in the midst of this crazy AMERICAN idolatry show......may HIS power be known and shown and may each one of those contestants truly come to know the ONE who gave them their gifts.....

Mama PC said...

my mom is making me some ckn and dumplings next door for lunch today... i am SOOOOOOO blessed.....

Josh said...

Wow, there is like 6 sick people in this room. I will keep my distance, so I don’t get sick.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Katwoman,

Now you have got the whole big picture....yes it must have been her oncoming sickness....you know what an angel she normally is.


Back to work, just wanted to check in and see if I was still shootin sheep.

Mama PC said...

josharooni-

i'm so happy for you and shannarooni - pregnancy is a wonderful experience.......

Josh said...

Happy Friday,
I am sorry to hear all of you are sick or have sinus issues, I hate being sick.
Some prayer, rest, and garlic as it seems, sounds like the prescribed healer.

Today is the 5th anniversary of our engagement. I just noticed it snowing about 30 minutes ago, but doesn’t look like it’ll be more than a half inch on the ground. So we had snow a Valentine Day and our engagement day. Hmm. . .

Mama PC said...

we celebrate our anniversaries of....

our frist real "talk" May 26, 1980
our engagement March 15, 1981
and our wedding May 30, 1981

our history goes much further back than 1980. i think the first time we met was in 1976...although neither of us are sure of the year.....but we remember the circumstance. I was a young teen...and he was an "old man" and he looked at me and thought I was a cute little girl...and I looked at him and thought he was a sweet old man....

ha!

Josh said...

Hey MPC,
Thank you. Yes, it is a wonderful experience! We’re looking forward to getting our still unnamed little guy pretty soon.

Mama PC said...

josh/shan - we've booked a clipper ship tour from seattle to vancouver to victoria - 3 nites, then will come back to seattle may 31 - june 3 and stay in a wonderful cottage and just relax. it overlooks puget sound, just a short walk from the beach.....

hopefully you all can come see us in our little cottage or we can come see you and your baby possibly on june 1 or 2nd... pencil us in.....

Mama PC said...

you don't have insurance for just regular medical needs??? crystal?

Mama PC said...

if the emergen C has B vitamins, often they can make your heart race..... they are an energy booster.....

Mama PC said...

"Horatio"...

"Horatio Peterson"...

jess said...

went to Dollar General - got some Tussin... that is, the off brand Robitussin

tastes like vodka
I already feel better

Josh said...

MPC,
Those sound like great plans! The tour should be pretty nice, Victoria is nice and oldish looking. We’ll come to your place since it’s your vacation. You can e-mail us info on where the cottage is and your cell phone # as it gets closer.

Cool, we’ll get to see you and John June 1 or 2, then Jeremy & Meredith will be with us June 11 – 15! Sweet!

jess said...

upstairs

Beth said...

katwoman
re frank denton
i don't have much knowledge; his picture is nice. i didn't have any outstanding opinions about the senate race
it's cool that he advertises as a Christian though....that says something