Wednesday, February 22, 2006

guy day with a twist

Ok so here's the rules.

Only guys may post in this blog. They have until noon to get 50 posts.
If they succeed, women may not blog unless a guy specifically speaks to
them. This will be in effect until 5 pm.
If they fail, women are able to post as usual, although we have to try
to stick to guy-led topics.

* the 50 posts must be actual comments. Blog spamming will not count
* Women can announce their presence

I am completely sleep deprived. If I forgot to mention something....
mention it.



ah yes. If you guys make it, throw us a bone. We like to talk.

37 comments:

Josh said...

A young couple got married and left on their honeymoon. When they got back, the bride immediately called her mother. Her mother asked, "How was the honeymoon?"

"Oh, mama," she replied, "the honeymoon was wonderful! So romantic..."

Suddenly she burst out crying. "But, mama, as soon as we returned Sam started using the most horrible language...things I'd never heard before! I mean, all these awful 4-letter words! You've got to come get me and take me home.... Please mama!"

"Sarah, Sarah," her mother said, "calm down! Tell me, what could be so awful? What 4-letter words?"

"Please don't make me tell you, mama," wept the daughter, "I'm so embarrassed they're just too awful! Come get me, please!"

"Darling, baby, you must tell me what has you so upset. Tell your mother these horrible 4-letter words!"

Still sobbing, the bride said, "Oh, mama...words like DUST, WASH, IRON, COOK...!"

Josh said...

Good Morning all,
I do have a few questions on the rules:
1) Guys have to wait till after 12 to ask a lady a question?
2) Ladies have to wait till 12 to announce their presence?

Thank ya! Have to get ready for work, be back at 10:00 your time, COME ON GUYS, I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY OWN!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Josh said...

How about I propose a topic for the men!

Favorite Vacations- Tell all about em'. I will when back.

jess said...

Josh- both are no's
Guys can ask questions at any time
Ladies can announce their presence at any time

Josh said...

Maybe the vacation topic is lamo. . .
Welp, I to have to work, so don’t know how much I’ll be talking.

Shannon2-24 said...

Hey, this is Shannon here.
Will be off & on for a few hours.
: )

Shannon2-24 said...

Big Daddy,
I think that TOTALLY makes sense.. with you all working full-time & being awesome providers..
and 2:00 is noon here.. so maybe even 3:00 would be better, this would allow Josh to post during his lunch hour. : )

Yep, yep.. seems the caring thing to do to reduce the # of posts & lengthen the time.

We can handle it girls.. it'll be fun & good for us to be focused on what they are wanting to talk about.. thinking about them alone today.
: D

Josh said...

Big Daddy be telln’ the truth! I work at home now, but still have a conscience. . . no milk flowing from my clock. Also, two of our ranks (Richy and Daniel) are out of town and unable to assist in our plight.

Anonymous said...

Big Daddy,

I sympathize with you. I think lately, everyone is getting more busy. This blog does seem to see more of the female "chatter boxes" although servant can type away quite an essay.

With 30 minutes left, I do not think you will make the 50 post requirement, and without the several posts from women, you would not even be half-way.

My husband, hotrod wants a man's day to be everyday on his blog. Give him a smile and post to his blog today.

By the way, I don't think Jess is chicken, she is probably just tending to the awful 4-letter words Josh mentioned.

jess said...

i werent scared
i were asleep

okay, 2 it is
but still 50

where is Servant, Hotrod, Ntron?

Josh said...

Giant boogers, I haven’t pulled a giant booger from my nose in a while, maybe a couple years. Is that a sign of maturity? I kind of miss it.

I also squirted the mirror with a pimple last week for the first time in a couple years. Ahhh, the adolescent memories. . . at least the good ones!

jess said...

hey! I said OK

Josh said...

Ok Batman, tell us what construction projects you have going on right now.

BethC said...

I am here for a moment
Chris will be finished with algebra class, we drive home, we go to the library, we do our chores&work.

Beth said...

37 comments!!
that's so sad!

it's 12:02

jess said...

So, do you guys want to rule the blog all day? Or do you want to give it back to the gals?
Because you can easily make your goal now.
Talk amongst yourselves

jess said...

bat or should I say...


never fooled me

BethC said...

where's the construction projects discussion?

BethC said...

i gotta a "construction" scripture this morning....
hebrews3:4...God is the builder....

BethC said...

lunch time...
scientifically speakin, it is now been proven that memory and clarity are enhanced by skipping a meal...and letting the body "rest"

Beth said...

yep, that's my baby...sorry...i know i'm not a guy...but had to comment....

Josh said...

I believe Beth is in violation of the “woman can’t speak unless spoken to rule”.

BAD BETH. . .BAD!

Josh said...

Hold IT! Clammy and Katwoman are both found in violation too!

I don’t think a male spoke to you, katwoman. No, don’t reply to defend, just obey the rules!

Men rule today.

BethC said...

for the record
I have cartblanche givin to me yesterday by servantguy
I have nothin more to say

jess said...

yes the rules have been egregiously violated.
Shame girls, shame
But BD did invite us to comment at the beginning

jess said...

and as for the speak when spoken to thing... just for fun, people. Not a life philosophy

Nate said...

hmm...grown people types...can't follow simple rules...whats wrong with this? I am disgusted...this little game made up...can't even follow the rules! *shakes head in disgust*

Josh said...

Ok ladies, here’s a question. Do any of you know why fruit ripens faster when put in a paper bag? Like the scientific reason, or whatever. I have not idea, it’s pretty intriguing to me.

Mama PC said...

is it two oclock yet....................................................................................................

Nate said...

OO!!! I KNOW!! Well..it has to do with a gas that the fruits put off. I don't remember exactly what the gas is called. But different fruits give it off at different rates. It causes the fruit to ripen. When the fruit is encased in a closed environment, then it has a higher exposure rate to the gas. Therefore ripens faster then if left in the open air. There's your explanation...maybe I should have given this info to a lady-type...because thats specifically what you asked for...but they can copy and past right?

Mama PC said...

i guess i can answer cause he asked "anybody"...

i believe the fruit ripens faster in the bag because the little fruit-ripening chemicals that God gave the fruit's skin in the first place can become more concentrated in the bag...thereby producing a more quickly-ripened fruit specimen...

jess said...

matt
now that is the kind of chauvinist input i was hoping for today

Mama PC said...

j-roo

bananas have more of the ripening chemical in their skin than other fruits, so an old wives-tale says that if you want to ripen another fruit more quickly, put a banana in the bag with the apple and voila' your apple ripens more quickly.....

i have no scientific evidence, just repeating what i heard from old wives' tales...

jess said...

I am questioning if you are the real Randy

jess said...

upstairs

jess said...

You more than made it... our posts count toward your totals, too.

jess said...

Upstairs