Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Here's the deal with this guys day experiment. I just wanted to see
what they discuss without our input... It's very entertaining to me,
It's also entertaining when they make JOKING chauvinist statements... I
think guys are so funny...
So don't take it personally, gals. It's only one day a week.
I'll have to figure out something for the girls to comment /maybe they
can use a downstairs blog or something.

Toby has colic. I will once again make a request for a wet nurse.

48 comments:

Mama PC said...

jess, i just finished reading END OF THE SPEAR by Steve Saint. He said the native women sometimes would nurse other women's babies.....and at times a pet monkey or two! Glad we don't live down there!!!

do you have any colic remedies???

Mama PC said...

hi katie
i'm not working today either...
'been feeling poorly...either a bad cold or hayfever...just want to sit or lie on couch...
with kleenex box nearby.....

katie, we're proud of you and your job news.....that's nice that they're wanting to train you in more in the bakery department...

did the docs ever figure out what caused your anemia and are you sure it's resolved? anemia makes you tired and mentally not as quick as you used to be... not good to be anemic... keep up with your doc appointments...

happy (late) birthday to you...and early to your husband.....

Mama PC said...

hello servant cookie man

my favorite cookie? hm.. my grandmothers recipe of orange slice candy cookies... i'll have to make some one day and share..

Josh said...

Thank you ladies (and Nathan) for the fruit education. It is most intriguing and very cool how God sets things up!

Josh said...

Oh, and Big Daddy chimed in on the fruit. Thanks!

jess said...

I think the guys would have made the first deadline if all of them were here.
We'll try again next Weds, but the deadline will be noon!
So be prepared!

jess said...

wrote that before I saw yours, M
good thought... but what about the ladies?
should we just limit our conversation on that day?

I was kinda setting up a see if this works thing...
Maybe if we followed the rules on guys day and only discussed guy-led topics...

jess said...

C
in the old days the wealthy women had a nanny b-feed their babies...
called a wet nurse

Mama PC said...

the hardest thing for a momma to do is to just walk off and listen to a baby cry......

but sometimes it is necessary.....

Mama PC said...

jess, what happened to your k-roo? is it wounded? or just resting?

jess said...

crystal
my answer is above yours... silly blogger clock

jess said...

sleeping... the kangaroo is catching some Zs

Mama PC said...

well, it's a cute little K

hope you are getting more zzz's lately......

hanah thought they were going to baton rouge after Arkansas....... when did that change?

jess said...

the guy cancelled last week... very unexpected. He's a friend so we didn't have a cancellation fee or anything

jess said...

Mena, Arkansas

Mama PC said...

jess, look at the dark clouds out there!!!

jess said...

I love gray days

Mama PC said...

i'm eating some leftover "potato-chip chicken" my mom made....

yum

and i just put a chicken in oven to bake......

but just found out no one is coming home for supper..... oh well, baked chicken is good the next day too

Josh said...

The lady that teaches our birthing prep classes, which we were referred to by our mid-wife, made a comment the first week that she didn’t believe in colic. We were on the topic, so she didn’t expound. When we get to the baby care part, I’ll ask her what she means, or maybe I’ll just ask her anyway next week and let ya’ll know.

Mama PC said...

i think i hear rain on my sky light windows.....

Shannon2-24 said...

Mama PC~ yumm!! orange slice candy cookies, that sounds great.. can you e-mail me the recipe??

Sorry, we didn't get to you with cottage/b&b suggestions.. hope the one you booked is great!! I have not stayed in any around here, except just in Oct. we stayed in a cabin 1 1/2 hrs. north, but I think that it would be better if you both stayed closer to Seattle, so I hadn't mentioned it.

Well, I have been to Victoria a few times.. Port Angeles, where I grew up is just across the water from there.. there is actually a ferry that goes between them. I worked in a tourist shop just after H.S. in P.A. & know lots of things to do up there.. and one summer even worked on the ferry for a couple months selling tour tickets to things in Victoria!

The main attractions there are:
Butchart Gardens a little north, very pretty when flowers are in full bloom, VERY large land plot with trails between different sections of different flowers. I don't know if you adore flowers or not? Lots of little shops downtown.. there are horse & carriage rides through town.. tour buses to explain history of the city, some buses with open top, to sit in benches & see everything better.. I haven't done that, yet seems awesome if the weather is nice! There is an underwater aquarium right down town, I haven't done that, don't know how good it is, yet probably is good. There are whale watching boats that you can go out on.. yet check if you'll be there in the best season for them being spotted.. there are certain times of year, when you'll definitely see some, and other times that it'd be a waste to go.

If you go to Victoria through Port Angeles route (vs. up through Vancouver & British Columbia's mainland) you could go up to the mountains just behind P.A. My family has went up there countless!! times.. very gorgeous.. you can see more of the mountain ranges once you get to the top.. & even see Canada very well when it is a super clear day! There are deer & walking trails up there.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.. preferably to my e-mail so I don't not notice.. don't read everything all the time on here.

Look up some websites on the area too!

Yes, we'll plan to have lunch together!! Awesome! Love you!

Shannon2-24 said...

I love the sound of rain too!
We eat breakfast for dinner sometimes too, it's great!
Gotta go baby clothes shopping with a friend, bye!!

BethC said...

both my parents grewup & met in Arkansas
they moved to houston after my brother was born and before I was born...making me a native oustonian
my ma is goin to her 50th HS reunion in LittleRock

Mama PC said...

hi beth

haven't forgotten you or our walks...just haven't felt like walking the past week......

ready to feel better.....

Mama PC said...

i'm a native Houstonian also!

Mama PC said...

Conroe-ite......

Conronian.....

Mama PC said...

ha! that's funny

what about those from Groce-ville
Gross-ite,
Grossonian,
Groce-villian?

Mama PC said...

does anyone know the origins of Cut N Shoot?

I know that in rodeo terminology, the cowboys cut the cattle by diverting them into the chute to brand them... and that is what they called "cut n chute"... but, who knows history of our neighboring area.....which we do not call home

?

jess said...

conrovian

Mama PC said...

what are we Jess???

midway-ites
midway-tians?

oh, no... i don't that we can be Midwayeans any longer since the foreigners at the corner store changed the name to ZIPPS

OH, now I get it...

we're


zippers

Mama PC said...

anyone want to do any research???

Mama PC said...

i need prayer

my ears are hurting and i don't want to have to go to doctor.....

neither can i miss any more work! (since i'm new at this position, i don't get sick pay until after here 90 days...)

Lord HEAL ME!

beebow said...

Hello everyone,
Just got out of the darkroom and thought I would say hello before I head to class. Looks like guys day went anyway. Batman looks kind of suspicious to me. So did Randy. Hmmm.....next wed. will need to invite Don to the blog. Okay, headed to school. Have a great evening all.

beebow said...

I am praying for you mama pc.
I love you.
bye

Mama PC said...

I will trust in God's healing power. Thanks Beebow.....

Mama PC said...

sivad - i just spoke with jc and he is all geared up for a rehearsal...... he's goin up there early to just play before the Lord..... but, if he knew several weren't feeling well, he may cancel it.....

do you wish me to call him?

Mama PC said...

you are forgiven......

we love you......

jess said...

nope. Digornios....

Beth said...

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'm trying to be lsat

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beth said...

katwoman, i saw that earlier, you were trying to get my colaboration, but i wasn't on anymore....sorry....wasn't ignoring you

love you

(lsat)

jess said...

Texarkana is going great. Tonite was good at the youth group about 110 people. 30 responded for prayer to be delivered from sin / slavery. Great ministry. - love you Jess and toby. Good luck tonite honey! - Richy

jess said...

no I am...
they are at church on the rock

I should seize this opportunity to sleep. LAter

beebow said...

Goodnight bloggers. See you tomorrow.

Beth said...

Goooood MOrning!
Terri and everyone
(frist)
have a GREAT day!
8)

Beth said...

i agree, naytron, the weird weather woke me up to turn on the air

Beth said...

ok back to dreamland

Nate said...

hooray for me by myself here in the blog...I officially can't sleep...perhaps it has something to do with the approx. 40 out of 48 hours of sleep I have gotten in the past two days. Just a little side note..the weather is cheesey...and its bloody hot...

Viking Granny!!!! said...

GOOD NEWS!

Everyone at all of our churches have jobs and no one needs one anywhere!

Just kidding, but here I am , I find myself in a position to be able to GIVE 2 jobs to 2 hard working Christians, and NO ONE is responding.

Hmm

What a shame!