Monday, February 20, 2006

top o the early marnin

I'll be back in a few.... Toby ruled the night like Dracula...



9:55
So here's the whatsit... last night T wakes up at 1 am for some food... I feed him and then he is uncomfortable and grunts and cries and so forth. So I am holding and patting and begging and pleading and so forth. And then- the OTHER adult in my home goes and sleeps in the other room... Some issues start to come up in my heart around 2:30. What can I say? It's a great time for introspection.
At some point T sleeps, then wakes up at 3:30 for some more. I decide at this point to bury the hatchet (figure of speech) and not mention the whole desertion after 2 nights spent sleeping soundly in a hotel room hundreds of miles away.
UNTIL (and this is what my brother Bob would call the Thar She Blows moment) he comes in this morning and says man am I tired! I didn't get enough sleep....
And I just calmly smile and say, what would you like for breakfast, dear? And while I'm cooking, is there anything I can pray for you about?? (just like Jesus)
Well, okay, it wasn't exactly like that. At all.
But now I can think better. You know, in Dr Laura's book Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands (which outrages my feminist sensibilties, but is right), she talks about husbands and wives- how the men work one job all day and the wives expect them to help at home... not that hubbies shouldn't help, but just bringing perspective to it...
So I guess what we need is a wet nurse, or a clone of me. That oughta do it.

Introspection aside, I will still accept the French Toast peace offering.

54 comments:

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Marnin All

Viking Granny!!!! said...

I love it.

she looks like an old Danish Granny.

Perfect.

LOL


And I wasnt going to check the blog this morning before work....
man, I am glad I did.

She looks just like a Viking GRANNY and she is also FRIST!

jess said...

more stuff on the front page

jess said...

C-
all right, here's what my research turned up.
The song is I Shall Believe, by Sheryl Crow!
On KSBJ version by Matt Brouwer

Anonymous said...

Jess,

I went through many a night like that. Steve always said that he could not help because I was the one breastfeeding and he could not satisfy that need in the babies.

He was right. I can't say that knowing that made it any easier though. And there were many a morning he woke up tired because even though he did not get up with the baby, his sleep was still itterupted with the crying and with me getting in and out of bed.

Just hang in there. It will get better.

Anonymous said...

Jess,

Is Richy around during the day so that you can take a nap?

Anonymous said...

In honor of President's Day I will be First Lady Abigail Adam's.

jess said...

aqui

jess said...

I read it from the library, then bought it at Half-Price... it's a doozy

Her new one is called Bad Childhood, Good Life... I had a good childhood but I seem to be the only one, so I have it on order at the library

jess said...

kat... you give up too easily...

jess said...

Dr Laura is back on the air on am 700 from 2-4 and 8-9
right on...

jess said...

that's 15, private.

jess said...

15 minutes.... supposed to post AFTER you...

jess said...

face it, terri. you're addicted.

Josh said...

No one is getting fat from working at home around here! It isn’t much different than going to the office. I sit at a desk all day there; only exercise was walking to and from the parking lot. I worked out for 30 minutes this AM and will do so 2-3 times a week. I had been working out, but it slowed down having to get up so early and commute to Seattle the last 6 weeks.

Shannon will come and go, she’s going baby clothes shopping at the Outlet Mall with a friend during the day on Wednesday and grocery shopping today or tomorrow.

And, I’m not ashamed of my fuzzy slippers!

Josh said...

It’ll be great getting to have lunch together most days. Today, we’ll be reheating our Macaroni Grill leftover from yesterday’s lunch. . yum!

Josh said...

I hear a little fly buzzing around here. . . a pest, anyone else?

Beth said...

hello all,
servant and i are home today. it's president's day, so i don't have to work, and servant doesn't have to go to school today, so .... how nice. i think we're about to dig into a cheese ball and a game of monopoly, but we'll check in from time to time.....
happy day everybody......

oh and viking granny, maybe some sunscreen while atop the hills.....

8)

jess said...

cheese ball and monopoly.
strange but not disturbing.

jess said...

yeah, unless you stay home and watch WIFE SWAP

Beth said...

this is lucretia garfield, first lady to servant's pic james garfield



....servant says a couple that blogs together stays together....

8)

Mama PC said...

anyone else fighting allergies?

Jess - speaking of getting kids ready for church..... you reminded me of the time I got Lindsey ready (20 months)...then Hannah (2 months).....then was getting myself ready..... and looked into Hannah's room and found that Lindsey had soaked Hannah's hair with baby oil!!! It looked terrible!!! all over her little head.......

Lindsey was doing hair when she was less than 2 years old!

When she was 4, Hannah was 3 and J was a baby, I slept late one morning...... and the girls came in and woke me up to show me what they had done...

Hannah turned around and Linds lifted Hannah's waist-length blonde hair and showed me the huge gap she had just cut at the back of the head. 18 inches of hair - GONE - just like that..... Hannah had to wear a pony-tail at the back of her head for the next 5 years for that short hair to catch up! I couldn't scold her.... or them...... just realized that if I hadn't been sleeping , maybe it could've been prevented.....

plus, Linds was just practicing for cosmetology school AGAIN!

Mama PC said...

my kids had something about scissors.....

hannah once cut all the hair off her pound puppy at pre-school..... the teacher SPANKED her! I was mad. She was just being creative and had never specifically been told not to cut the hair off her furry toy... anyway, I didn't take her back to that class after the Christmas break.......

she was just practicing cosmetology like Lindsey did.....

jess said...

Yikes! I can't believe her teacher spanked her for that!

jess said...

rob threw scissors at richy and punctured his leg... he has a scar.
rob has some explanation for it, I forget now

Mama PC said...

and Jeremiah once poked his eye with scissors....when he was SIX!!!

That is a story in itself......

jess said...

I got along with most of my teachers... although there was this terrorist in second grade...

Mama PC said...

it was a controlling legalist....... she and I didn't get along very well......

Mama PC said...

i'm of the belief that creative kids and intelligent kids will do some wild things....... and shouldn't be punished for being inquisitive and experimental or creative....... there can't be NO's everywhere...... if that teacher had been right there in the room and paying attention, she could have guided Hannah Bee..... since I was asleep and the girls were just playing...and not deliberately disobeying, how could I scold them for cutting Hannah's hair? They were being creative!!!

Mama PC said...

who was your 2nd grade teacher?

Mama PC said...

speaking of creativity.....

when i was in Kindergarten..... I got busy painting on an easle...first time for me..... and I accidently wet my pants.....down to a puddle on the floor..... but I kept on painting..... I remember this like it was last week......

The teacher came over to me, looked down at the puddle around my feet and said, "Pamela, what happened?..." I quickly replied....... "Oh, it must've rained last night and the man forgot to close the windows"...
The teacher must've had an appreciation for the creativity of a Kindergartener because she let it go at that.....

jess said...

I'll give you a clue... she likes roses

Mama PC said...

well, i'd better go find something to fix for dinner.....

jess said...

LOL oh that is a great story...

Mama PC said...

i thought it might be her.....

jess said...

Does anyone have access to CTK? I'm here in the parking lot, and don't have my keys, and can't get a hold of anyone on the phone. Strangley I have wireless internet access. Please call me if you can help really fast thanks Richy 936-520-3160

jess said...

Fear not, Beth Rodgers called linda Busteed and she is coming over here to open the church for me. Hallalujah. Jess, your blog has some usefullness after all. (just a joke, please no long explanations of how woderful the blog is and how it has saved everyones lives) Love everybody! - Richy

Mama PC said...

pete - do you know who I is???

Mama PC said...

"bloggademia"

Mama PC said...

is that the field of blog academics

or

just a huge

big

fat

yummy

fattening

nut!

Josh said...

ahhh, 2nd grade teachers are wimps!

Beth said...

mere pete is learning how to add a pic

Mama PC said...

well, i'm going to bed early tonight......as in NOW......

and Papa jc has been forewarned not to come making noises in our room....... (bless his heart)...

he tries SO hard not to make any noise, but our floor boards creak just a bit as he passes by the bed to go into his bathroom..... then, the door squeaks.....then, when he finally gets finished with his nightly routines.....he creeps back to our bed and then does the dumb thing with the alarm clock...click click click.....then when he sits down on the bed, it's very very creaky...... so, of course, during one of those creaks I usually wake up....

it's weird when one person has to get up in the a.m. 2 hours before the other...... it makes the night time going to sleep time different by about 2 hours as well.....

Oh, Terri - I think I've solved your night time problem of waking up...... (I used to have the problem myself)...

***Do not take any naps during the day and your nights' sleep will be much longer and uninterrupticated...***

Josh said...

Since we have some teacher on today, here are some teacher puns:

Our social studies teacher says that her globe means the world to her.

There was once a cross-eyed teacher who couldn't control his pupils.

Josh said...

Now I’m off to my long commute home to the living room. Goodbye.

Mama PC said...

Squash Josh..... you are TOO funny......

Nate said...

Still confused as to whom everyone is...I know who jess is...and I think I know who terri is...I know who JD is...I know who servant and happy clam are...and who Mama PC is...but Katwoman and viking granny....still confused as to who you are...there are probably others....but I just don't remember the screen names...I'll log in later...and post this earlier in a thingy...so that people will actually read it!

Nate said...

I am Nathan Remmers..I go to CTK...I lead worship @ RG...uh...big guy...play drums on sunday mornings....hmm...don't know what else to say...

jess said...

well, viking granny is richy's mom...
and katwoman is a secret identity....

jess said...

and I'm richy

jess said...

who is lsat on this post or perhaps frist as it is after midnight.....we going let it all hang out.... actually it's not that exciting. Toby is crying like someone is rubbing his back with sandpaper. Or he's trying real hard to dig a hole. Some one help him. Dear lord. This is awful. Sadness. I must try to feed him, no matter how much physcial pain I must go through. Someone must feed this child. Ok, good, mommy has picked him up now. I was getting nervous. ....

Beth said...

testing

Beth said...

testing again

Beth said...

good morning all
may God's face shine upon you today and every day. and may He give you peace that passes all understanding. 8)
have a great one!!