Thursday, March 30, 2006

musing

Well, I had a glass of Coke yesterday at 1 and my mind has been
racing ever since. Sheesh. Late 20's is not all it's cracked up to be.
So we have this once a month fellowship and refreshing service at our
place Sunday night at 5. Our target group? College and Career. Now
what the heck does that mean? People go to college forever....
Richy has just said we won't put an age cap on it, as long as you're
out of high school. Pretty fun, I expect. When we did a group like
this before, it was one of my favorites. It's weird, as we get older,
our age range expands. We started doing ministry at 16 and 17 to
junior high-highschoolers. Graduated, got married (almost
simultaneously) and it became junior high-college age-ish. Then it
was "young adults". Then we added 20-somethings. Now we're college
and career, but Radiant really covers all those bases when they
travel. So here I am. 27. A young adult 20 something college and
career age young family gal.... and at least a 40 year old soul.

I miss doing ministry. I was glad to get out of it after I lost the
twins (June 2004) but now I am actually feeling excited about laying
hands on people. Not so much making intense discipleship
relationships.... yet. But just praying for people and blessing them.
So that's already exciting.

Also very exciting - Toby can roll from his stomach to his back now.
I feel like he's won the Pulitzer. I am inordinately proud of this
accomplishment. He just WHIP flips himself over whenever he wants!
Does this mean I have to move him out of the bassinet?? I'm
considering it but if he has to sleep in his crib I will really miss
him. (Sigh)

The MOG woke up before 6:30 yesterday and prayed and so forth... and
he liked it so he planned to do the same today. After 3 snooze
alarms, the alarm clock is now turned off. It was a short streak.

57 comments:

jess said...

the rules of frist and lsat:
The frist person to post AFTER midnight is frist.
There was a rumor you had to sleep frist. Hoax.

The lsat person to post BEFORE midnight is lsat, or any derivative thereof.

The frist person besides myself to post on a new blog is also frist.

jess said...

indeed ye are skipper

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Gee JESS

All the night owls will win...


Here lately I am out like a light by 8:30p....

I am so proud of Tobias...he is such an kewl baby. I am excited for you Jessica, getting "out there" again.

Jewel will appear if we talk to her.. She is excited about checking the blog everyday but just a tad bit shy still.


You know how these newcomers can be!

Hi Jewel.....

Preciouse Jewel!


Okay okay,,,,,,so if I make a comment and set my alarm for 11:59p and run in here and click on "login and publish" then I might be first....If I miss that opportunity, then I can always sit around and be late for work and wait for Jessica to mosey on over to the computer and make the morning post and then jump on.

Is that about it?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Grasshopper!

jess said...

yes...

jess said...

normally I haven't even posted by now... so this is feelin pretty slow...

jess said...

but you get money for it. that's the beauty of work.

jess said...

He's going to flip the bassinet. This is so funny.

jess said...

hey Matt, are you here?

Josh said...

Oh, it funny that he'll flip the bassinet huh. . . well then how about I call CPC and tell them you think it's funny!!!?? How funny will it be then?

jess said...

and.... he's on his back.

jess said...

the Center for Plant Conservation?? oh, please don't!

Josh said...

No, the Center of Prolonged Constipation, excessive flipping of children under 6 months can cause proloooooooooooonged constipation.








(this is a joke)

jess said...

bd - what is your guy fixing to do in that picture?

jess said...

jewel- it is a stage. have some coffee!

jess said...

i thought a moon was on the horizon, bd

jess said...

or just standing around like du du du der

Josh said...

or he could be about to pull out some six shooters, whip around, and give you some.

jess said...

daniel
you need a new pic. i'm tired of that one

Josh said...

Jessica- that is great that Toby is already flipping over. Sounds like a lot of fun watching him rock the bassinet as he whips over. Also, great to hear you talking about ministry again.

jess said...

i am so prosthetic. check yer email

Shannon2-24 said...

Good morning..
I'll be on for about 10 or 15 minutes.. then going to my friend's house & see her 6 wk old girl.

Matt's pic makes me think of: he is in line, can't see anyone in front of him

On the subject, I dislike driving behind SUV's & wide or tall trucks.. it's hard to tell if traffic will be suddenly stopping. I don't like stopping fast, uncomfortable on the neck.. & nerves : ) I like to see around short cars & through their windows for braking cars to give me the heads up to start slowing.

(this has been an insight into Shannon's brain)

jess said...

daniel, that is

thanks, Josh.
I was reading some old RG emails I sent out this morning... I don't even remember being that passionate. But I'm glad I saved the emails

jess said...

Shannon!
Put up your shower and maternity pics!
The people want to see!

Shannon2-24 said...

A couple days ago, I was returning from the store & was caught in part of rush hour.. I was looking & longing for the car pool lane in a whole new way.. knowing that it could be used by me pretty soon, once my little one is in his car seat.

We strapped the base into the car last weekend.. it looked SO ODD to be putting one in MY car!! Wow, life will be different, yet so special. Can't wait to see him!!

Shannon2-24 said...

Ya, I want to get them on my blog tonight.. we weren't able to the last couple nights.

Sooorry D :

They're adorable, I'm so glad I got them done, & that God blessed us with the lady noticing me at church & getting to be her low-price-practice gal..

jess said...

toby's sleeping. I should probably take one of them whatchamacallits but I may never get the phone line back...

Josh said...

Now lets discuss what Daniel's new picture makes you think.

Better than BD’s pic, it depicts the emotions and turmoil and Pain that is wrapped up in having horrible Gas. (stealing from Daniel's own words)

Josh said...

But, I do like the new pic.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Hey Jewel,

2 year olds are learning that they can make decisions and change things. He just wants to spread his wings.

You have two great chidlins and Caleb is learning to be an independant little man..for some reason, defiance is part of the process.....Having a strong will is a great characteristic.

He will be an awesome MOG someday.

He will also learn to obey. Obeying parents is a big part of being able to obey GOD later on. We relate one to the othe.

I struggled with rebellion forever.

We want our kids to obey us because they love us...not because they are afraid of us.



:0)

Jeg elsker dig!

Josh said...

Jewel- Also, something I’m learning from Christian parenting books I’m reading. At the age Caleb is right now (18 months to 3 years), it’s very important that he bond with Chuck. He needs to come less under your “smothering” motherly care and Chuck needs to be more involved. He needs to identify that he is a man and look to his father for guidance on become and grown man, and a Godly man. (I’m not saying that you’re really smothering him, this is just how growing boys start feeling after a while). Don’t be hurt by him wanting and needing Chuck more, it’s a good thing for him to identify with the men in his life.

They say this is the most important step in preventing “gender confusion”, which is a precursor to homosexuality. It is also just part of the boy becoming a man. Looks for ways for Chuck to be involved and encourage him with it.

Josh said...

Jess- I know what you mean about reading old RG stuff. I don’t think I’ve lost much passion, but wow, when I read some of the RG e-mails and things, it just stirs things in me. I’m glad I’ve kept things also.

Josh said...

"you're a. . fakerrr, and you know it, trying to get arrround. you're a. . fakerrrr, and you've shown it."

Name that old band.

Josh said...

I B here, but not posting.

Georgia said...

Announcement!

Lacy is making cakes and cookies and brownies for Mike's Africa trip. If yall want to buy any, tell us.

I can send in a menu if yall want

Carrot Cake
Chocolate Cake
Brownies ( walnuts or without)
Cookies, ( chocolate swirl)


She may be open to suggestions for orders also.

Post on here if you need my email or phone

jess said...

is this for a bake sale??

Georgia said...

Announcement!

Lacy is making cakes and cookies and brownies for Mike's Africa trip. If yall want to buy any, tell us.

I can send in a menu if yall want

Carrot Cake
Chocolate Cake
Brownies ( walnuts or without)
Cookies, ( chocolate swirl)


She may be open to suggestions for orders also.

Post on here if you need my email or phone

Georgia said...

Announcement!

Lacy is making cakes and cookies and brownies for Mike's Africa trip. If yall want to buy any, tell us.

I can send in a menu if yall want

Carrot Cake
Chocolate Cake
Brownies ( walnuts or without)
Cookies, ( chocolate swirl)


She may be open to suggestions for orders also.

Post on here if you need my email or phone

Josh said...

Ok Georgia, I think we got it the first time!

Georgia said...

We are going to have a bake sale at TFH, but Lacy is also taking orders for individuals.

Georgia said...

LOL I dont know how it did that.

Georgia said...

Thanks, Jennifer. It was 1983 so we looked a lot younger especially Jessica in the corner there with her birthday hat.

jess said...

Call me prophetic. I just felt there was going to be a bake sale

Georgia said...

We might take the leftovers from the bake sale to CTK later, not sure about that.

Beth said...

jess,
i love everything you said on your post. and i know what you mean about your ministry expanding. i used to think my home group was for 18-30 year olds; then i turned 30 and had to re-think things....8)

Beth said...

i think bd's picture is walking down the road singing a happy song

Beth said...

jewel,
you have no idea how happy and excited i am about what has been happening in your life.....if your interested, my home group meets at the church at 7 (for women) child care provided.

8)

you're so beautiful!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

that one i deleted was meant for georgia...sorry.....it was about cookies and wanting to order but my goodness...no more cookies at my house pleas.e.....8)

Beth said...

yes, servant is in school....and working furiously to finish an important assignment i think....

the professor approved his article or whatever he was supposed to write about and then yesterday told him he had to change it......due this evening.....furious working necessary

8)


...nobody worry; he'll still make an A. probably a high A

8)

Beth said...

is someone keeping track of the frist and lsat stats or .....
is there any benefit to this?
i keep waiting for my prize jumping beans to come in the mail or something, but...no nothing

Beth said...

first, my hair doesn't need a perm; it's a mess already.....
second, what's wrong with orange???

Beth said...

hi again katie

jess said...

oh yeah the bloggies


hmm

percolating

Beth said...

jessica is actually a coffee bean in disguise


she's always percolating

Beth said...

ok
back to work

jess said...

Upstairs