" Fetal Development - Week 26
The baby now weighs between 1.5 and 2 pounds/ 680 and 900 grams and is
approximately 9 inches/ 23 centimetres long from crown to rump. He
makes breathing movements but has no air in his lungs yet. At 26 weeks,
fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your
abdomen, your baby will turn his head, which according to researchers,
means his optic nerve is working."
Also, I'm in double digits now... 98 days to go! Woohoo! Now that may
still seem like a lot to you... but it's really not! For one thing, I
started at 280 days to go... for another thing, that's about the length
of summer when we were in school... and didn't that go pretty fast??
I am starting to get excited... Still a little unreal but oh boy.
Hopefully this week we'll paint the "kids" room and get our new carpet!
We went to the Fall Festival yesterday and I had a very cute lion
companion.. we forgot the camera today but I'll post a picture
tomorrow.
Then off to the Radiant recording which went really well.. night 2
tonight. I'm going to rest up all day so I can sing tonight.
peace out
25 comments:
Hey JOsh! you back yet?
I always hated Halloween being so close to my birthday because all the scary stuff in the stores...
now I enjoy dressing R2 up, but I don't really consider it halloween
Layla and Lacy are screaming at the top of their lungs about making the bed. The really wierd part is that neither one of them are really mad. It will end with an Ok or both of them making the bed and it will be over, kind of like a summer storm, when the light is still shining and the storm is light and is gone really before you notice it. Just a lot of noise.
I think I might have quads today, not sure, I like Jess's idea about making everybody wait and having a hurricane first. She got that idea from Leah, but maybe, today is the day, not sure, not yet.
Wow Jess, 98 days is not long at all.
This is pretty exciting.
I love the pregnant statue of Liberty.
Thats great!
Do grasshoppers like to check their emails?
:0)
Yes, we’re back. . . unfortunately! It was so nice out there and we had a great time.
I think Georgia should hold off and have Christmas babies. She’s a tough lady and can hold those quads down for two more months.
I am also amazed at Terri’s use of slang such as “ring my digits.” Keeping up there pretty good Terri.
Mama looks more like Ma'ammy!
That is so cool......
I like breakin the manotany with new pictures..........
don't know how to spell manotany, but i like breakin it.
Hey Ma'ammy,,,,,,,Hey Terri.....
Hey Katey and Georgia,,,,,,,
When will Jess be back.
I love the Aunt Jamima look it fits you well.
haha
I'm here... spent an extended amount of time in El Porch Swingo.... amazing weather.
I came in finally because Debi brought chicken!
VIVA POLLO!
Yeah, I like the idea of waiting until Christmas. Hey, I am tough, but that is pretty tough!
As for Mom's comment about the pots and pans I think I will respond like Lacy would."Well, if you wouldnt have done what you did then I wouldnt have banged pots and pans and slammed doors!"
Everything is my fault.
One time I heard about this syndrome called "manager of the universe" this likes to come upon first born and only born children the worst. I think I have this problem. I have to manage the universe, you see if I dont it will fall off of its axis without me.
That is why everything that happens seems to be my fault. MY family will attest to this. They agree and are very quick to point their fingers at me and proclaim, "if you wouldnt have..."
I have even had people blame me for their bad marriages. That was a tough one to swallow. Sorry, guys, I just wasnt there for that one.
Terri,
Sorry I couldnt come to the FF. The car that we discussed last wednesday on guys day finally manifested its evil. We had to have it towed and get a locksmith. Then Michael had to work, so we couldnt leave home much. Would have loved to be there, I felt really bad, cause I wanted to be there.
I saw a witchy ghost woman working at walmart. I wonder if she has to put her wand on the floor while she is stocking and when little kids come by ,grab it quickly up to growl at them as the walk by.
Well, I guess I hit the 3 o clock slump. I am going to school now which is probably one of the worst places to be on halloween night. Nobody wants to be in an animation class on halloween. Most of those guys dont need a costume.
Hey Guys!
How old is too old to celebrate your birthday? 30 ? 40 ? 28 ?
I am 45 and I still act silly and get full of anticipation the closer March comes.
I not only have a birth DAY, I now have a birth MONTH. I enjoy my birthday for the entire month.
I love March.........
so how old is too old?
Is it ok to be silly and feel like a kid inside just because a special day is just around the corner?
Why just pretend like it is just another day when it is NOT?
Ya know, the problem today is that people are so entitlement oriented, “I have a right to feel special”, “I need a special day.” I don’t think kid’s birthdays should be celebrated at all. I think it instills in them a self centered, rights mentality that spills over into the other 364 days of the years. Birthdays should just be celebrated when you’re over 18, and mature enough to know that life isn’t about you!
Yeah, I’d like to see me explain that to my forth coming child also! Naa, birthdays are a lot of fun!
Eva- I’d say no problem with getting excited about birthdays, as long as you have someone to celebrate with, it’s always great!
I can see Katie with this kind of cynical smile, laughing, “waa ha haa, all the little devil kids can’t trick or treat now because it’s raining. . . waa ha haa!”
For those who may want to know:
The cabin we stayed in was awesome! Very nice and it was stocked with Joyce Myers magazines, and Christian books, and even a couple preaching tapes. . . pretty cool.
Friday afternoon/evening we just hung around the cabin and cooked backed potatoes and veggies, relaxed, and played checkers and some other board game. I then fell asleep and Shannon read for awhile before waking me to go to bed. Saturday morning we made breakfast and left the cabin at 11:00 AM to head into the mountains. We took 4.5 hours to make a 1.5 hour drive. We pulled off at overlooks of lakes, rivers, dams, and mountains. We got up to Rainy Pass at 4,850 feet and it was snowing very heavy! It was awesome and very pretty. We hiked a trail in the woods and just had fun with the snow and got some great pictures. Then we made our way back, but stopped to eat at the Marble Mount Dinner. We had this awesome backed halibut (with some yummy creamy sauce and red onions). Sunday we just relaxed in the morning and left at 11:00 AM.
It was great!
I talked to Shannon at lunch. She had just left her Chiropractor and was going to stop by the store for a few things. I know she was planning on doing some laundry and house stuff today, so she may be doing that right now.
We have our baby appointment at 5:00 today. Shannon is picking me up from work at 4:30 to go. She is now 16 weeks and this will be our 2nd time hearing the heart beat. Fun!
Jessica- It’s awesome that you’re now in the double digits in this pregnancy!! I’m very happy for you and Richy! 98 days will fly by like a F-15 fighter jet (sorry that all I could think of). Happy, happy!
I think Katie probably checked the weather forecast days ago, saw it would be raining, and made a plan. She put on her cute, new wife face and convinced her new groom that they needed to buy a ton of candy, “as a ministry” to all the devil kids that would be out. Now, what do you know, it’s raining and they threw away the receipt . . . oh well, guess they’ll just have to eat all the candy. Yep, that’s what happened.
Oh boy, I’m getting feisty.
Yes, it was our 4th anniversary.
Yes, I am in my animation class now. I am studying multimedia at North Harris and Kingwood. They are having a halloween celebration with hotdogs and candy and stuff. Lots of little kids here. Animation is real cool. I like it a lot.
Hey Josharoooooo
Even if you don't have someone to celebrate with, Birthdays are wonderful.
I can see you having a baby and not celebrating when your little darlin is 1 or 2 or 28......
I don't think that would fly
I agree with Katie....you are so funny Josh.
but i love you anyway......it was so good to see you.
I bet you had a blast at your mothers renuing of their vows.
So romantic and all.
:0)
Post a Comment