Wednesday, October 26, 2005

guys day continued

I just got home and am about to read all the comments... but here's an
upstairs... and there will be a new photo soon...


21 comments:

BethC said...

for upstairs i sometimes forget to refresh the main page, and i sits and i waits....

BethC said...

i read more than i write on here; gotta get goin' in a few minutes

BethC said...

just wanna say: GO 'Stros and the name of my rock band is called "The Mohawks" or "Wilma and Fred" or...

Josh said...

Julie- the rules just were that the discussion had to stay on manly topics, not that woman could comment on them, so share your stories away.

BethC said...

tomorrow i get to take Chris and Judah to the Ren Fest....it's High School day...
homeschooling is coolio

Josh said...

I may take Crystal. I have a 12 inch scare on my abdomen where I had 11.5 inches of my small intestine removed, then sowed back together. Bigger scar and my 11.5 inches of intestine was probably longer then your baby.

Shannon2-24 said...

One of my scar stories:

When I was in 5th grade, everyone was cleaning up inside their desks. They were the old desks that were slanted for easier writing/could be propped up with a small bar to have a flat surface. Many of us would use our ruler to keep them opened up very far, so we could see inside our desks.

Well... J.J. the guy in the next row, was done cleaning his.. he started swinging his legs between his & another desk (one hand on his chair-- one hand on the front of another desk) Then his legs kicked so far that it bumped my desk top... the ruler broke & flew out... the desk top came falling down, with the small SHARP metal bar in its downward position. My hand was just below it & got stabbed 2 inches above where the thumb starts. It was GUSHING... ya, I was surprised, had never seen myself bleed so quickly. I went the nurse's office & got bandaged.

When I was back to class, J.J. said sorry multiple times, and had a sincere sad face... he was a really nice kid and I knew it was an accident. It was cool to see a guy genuinely sorry.

It's still noticable on my hand. It's got a line where it drug, then a larger circle where it gouged deepest. It's 3/4" long.

There are the gruesome details.

Shannon2-24 said...

eww. an eyeball popping out.
ouch. an eyeball stabbed.

jess said...

oh this is a very very funny day. you cats should post more often...

BTW, lookin good on the main page, Big Daddy

Shannon2-24 said...

Hey Jessica,
That'd be interesting to see what "Georgia's" baby-ticker says when she's overdue... can you keep it there 'til then??

jess said...

richy has some gross stories... about painkillers not working and things bursting and such... but that's getting pretty gross, gentlemen...

Josh said...

I guess 11.5 inches is kind of small for a baby, but still it sound like I have the biggest scar! That would be cool to see Randy preaching, maybe you’ll have to burn in a snail mail it.

AAGH, PREACHING IN MANLY!!

jess said...

my c-section was closed with a medical super-adhesive... like super glue for skin...

Josh said...

Stitches are for wimpy wounds! I was sown back together and then stapled. I’ll have to count the staple scars and let you know how many STAPLES I had.

At my post operation appointment, he took out the staples with this plier like instrument, then yanked real hard on the knot where my sowing came together, then he cut the “string” and it topped back under my skin, then my skin just healed over it.

jess said...

BD: 36 stitches? I don't see them in your picture... and it's pretty revealing

Josh said...

I just did a quick count and estimate approximately 30 staples that I had, yep hard metal staples, not little stitches.

jess said...

that picture is so funny where Jess put my face on the body of pee wee herman. Wow, she's great at those photoshop manipulation things... he he...he (nervous laughter) - Richy

jess said...

well, well... looks like guys day was a success... who wants it back weekly?

Josh said...

I think guy day turn out pretty good. I’d be up for it to be regular.

Josh said...

I was also thinking that weekly may wear it out and, like Julie said, it’s hard for some of us to be on here consistent. I tried hard to be on regular yesterday and still had a hard time keeping up. Maybe every other week. What do the other guys think?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

What a hunk!