Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Guys Day on the blog





Rules for the day:
We can only discuss topics suggested by a guy here on the blog...
Don't be gross on purpose. There is a difference between childbirth gross and poop gross... you know what I mean
If you feel the need to confront someone (since we have a large contigency of both pregnant women and male chauvinists, do it off the blog. However, friendly controversy is fine.

Any other rules you'd like to suggest, gentlemen?

If this is fun, I may do it once a week...

50 comments:

jess said...

Grunt!?

Georgia said...

Good start, Richy, I agree!

Josh said...

I have trimmed more than a few nose hairs in my recent years. I’ve never skinned a fish myself, but I do enjoy fishing. One of the most fun fishing trips was with Doug Blake, Matt Tullos, and Doug’s parents. We went deep sea fishing in the Gulf on Doug’s parents boat. Matt caught the big one, a 30 something pound (I think) Amberjack. He had to fight it for a while. His arms were burning and we offered to help, but like a true man he took the challenge on his own and wrestled it in. We also got 30 or so pounds of shrimp from a huge shrimp boat that for agreeing to take one of their crew members in land with us. We had to transfer him from the shrimp boat to our much smaller boat.

And yes, out with that very disturbing picture.

Georgia said...

I can say Gross, right?

Georgia said...

Hey,Josh,
I posted something for you and Shannon yesterday, did you see it?

Georgia said...

No, Yablonski looks like that, except maybe Nate.

Georgia said...

"Hey stupid, aint you gonna take a gander at that post it thingy yesterday, See what i put there fer ya"
:)
Is that better?

Georgia said...

They make a little device called a snake that you dont have to put your hands in with.

Georgia said...

Oh, sorry, A big manly device called a snake. It is long and creepy looking.

Georgia said...

Anybody tell Andy that it is guy's day on the blog?

Josh said...

Yo Georgia,
I saw your post at the end of the day. Hearing K Max say that isn’t surprising, it looked like just another concert to him. He hardly moved during his 5 songs, then when they were all together he just looked like he was waiting for it to be over. Tait or TobyMac put their hand on his chest and he just stood there. It looked like the other two were enjoying it, so I don’t know if what K Max said is what they all feel or just him, because he looked like he was thinking it was just another gig. If that interview is online somewhere, I’d be interested to read it.

There, now I’ve responded to your stupid post thingy from yesterday. HAPPY!?

Georgia said...

I can see you coming to church with a squirrel skin purse, Terri.

Georgia said...

I dont like K max, but Layla does. I will ask her where that interview is. I think he is conceited and self- exalting. He did the same sort of thing when I saw them several years ago.

Georgia said...

Thanks for responding, Stupid thangy!

Hows that Daniel, rude enough?

Georgia said...

I got half a key stuck in my ignition. It only starts sometimes. Cause the other half doesnt make it start. If I jiggle another key in there it will start sometimes.

Georgia said...

I tried a magnet. The key isnt real steel. It is some kind of alloy I guess and it doesnt respond to magnets.

Georgia said...

Hey, Matt, great yablonski advice! I like that one.

Josh said...

Georgia,
You just need to beat the heck out of it, that’s what us men do. . . smack it like your life depends on it. I’ve had some miraculous things happen from a good beating on something.

Georgia said...

Lacy and I tried to flip the car on its side. All that happened was a bunch of guys came by and laughed their head off.

Georgia said...

Julie, it is in way too deep for tweezers.

Georgia said...

Good advice, Josh, I think I feel just like doing that one. Anybody got a sledge hammer?

Georgia said...

I have triple a, but they will only cover one hundred dollars worth and the locksmith said it would be another at least 75 or more.

Georgia said...

I figure for 75 or more, I can just continue to jiggle.

Georgia said...

My question for yall is. IS that really a guy? Or not?

Josh said...

Oh my gosh, did on one go to the website Katie posted!?

Click Here

Georgia said...

OK, that wins the gross prize, Katie is the winner so far with her website.

Georgia said...

But Crystal is up there with the hairy meat.

Josh said...

All the manly men in TX are probably on lunch break now.

Josh said...

Hello.

Josh said...

Katie- She may just be lying down or something. We’ve kind of learned to not worry unless we hear otherwise. Remember, she’s still on bed rest, so she has to take it easy.

Sharon- about to answer your question.

GRUNT. . . ROAR. . . VROOM VROOM!

Georgia said...

Don't worry, Katie, if something was wrong, I would be among the first to hear about it, although Julie has beaten me to it before.

Georgia said...

K-every time you say you cook for your husband you make burgers. Is that all you know how to cook or what?

Josh said...

ENOUGH ABOUT COOKING!! = I

Josh said...

Le’me think while I heat up my pizza. . .

Shannon2-24 said...

I love you, Josharoo!
Guys like affection from their wives, right!!?

Enjoy your pizza... I'll be getting mine ready in a bit too.
: )

Shannon2-24 said...

Ya, your right, especially for the guys whose wives can't be on here.. or are single... they don't get excited to hear others' mushy stuff. Good point.

Rather..
You guys are all so cool!

Josh said...

Sharon- the short answer is this, we’re still nomads. Yep, been here six months and still searching. The strange thing is that we’ve made some good friends from some of the churches we’ve been too, but haven’t felt like it’s where God wants us. We have visited some charismatic churches, one that quite reminded us of CTK with a Lady that reminded me a bit of Linda (widowed lady really into worship / prayer / prophetic stuff). We went to a church the first week after moving to IL, then stayed there, not sure what God is doing with us here, but you can just pray for us to know God’s will and for Him to help us. Ok that wasn’t that short, but that’s ok.

I AM A MAN!

Josh said...

Men like to talk about their accomplishments. How about cool or funny stuff we’ve done, accomplished, or been apart of?

Ya know, the kind of stuff that comes up in a group of guys.

Josh said...

I've got some good ones. . .

jess said...

One time my brother Robert threw some scissors at me, and they stabbed me in the leg, I remember the scissors being stuck for a moment before they fell out. I had 6 stitches, and to this day, I don't grow hair on a small portion of my leg. Let it be known that Robert has since repented of his dirty deed. (We were both 10 years old, about 18 years ago)

I am also emotionally scarred by a few things, but will save that for girls day. - Richy

BethC said...

just a little time to say howdy

BethC said...

i wish Andy had time to chime in today...he has many near-death and physical injury stories...maybe I can tell the stories for him...i'll only elaborate, slightly

Josh said...

A lot of you have heard this story. In my brief stint in Boy Scouts, I went to a summer camp in the Ozark Mountains. I had just finished freshly sharpening my pocket knife that had about a six inch blade when nature called. Before making my way to the fly infested port-a-potty, I stabbed my knife into the table. My hand slide down the handle and right down the freshly sharpened blade. It was very bad and very gushing, cutting across almost the whole palm of my hand. I have a nice scare that can be seen if you look for it. AND I had to pee really bad!

BethC said...

one time an old teacher threw scissors at him (no,not wasn't me).
He was in elemetary school
He dodge the blades, kicked her, and ran home to tell his Ma

BethC said...

John's email is airman_john@yahoo.com
but he only checks it on occasion

jess said...

UPSTAIRS

BethC said...

one time John was running through a grocery store (age 5) and I was tellin him to slow down and wait for me, but he ran faster (boys...). An employee was coming round the corner with a cart and crashed it right into his head. They paid for him to get xrays and gave bobby and john both a cute little "snuggly" bear to try to keep us from raisin a fuss...

BethC said...

childbirth scars rule

BethC said...

i have many guy stories from having 4 brothers,
3 sons,
4 nephews,
2 husbands (not at the same time), and
1 brother-in-law

BethC said...

ok, ty