Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Happy Birthday Larry Reichert and ol' Chris Columbus day, officially

The fiction lecture seems to be a hit. I think I will make it a weekend
thing.
I am currently working on composing a birthday list. It's difficult as
it seems right now that I will always be pregnant and on bedrest. So
that really limits the gift ideas. But I am putting the old percolator
to work and thinking of some stuff. If you want a list, email me.

Daniel "The Dream" Mathews bought me a porch swing. At some point,
hopefully today, it will be assembled and I shall go and porch. Very
exciting!
Note here that I have used porch as a verb. It sounds good. Maybe a
little Amish. I like it when they say I took her to wife. As a verb.
What does it mean, exactly? How do you wife a woman? Should I ask?
I wifed her. I wived her. She has been wifed.
Interesting.
We won't talk about my dreams as they are crazy magical adventures here
in the almost 6th month of pregnancy... strange.
Maybe a music lecture would be in order, some day. I have some rhymes
that I see pretty consistently.
This is the point during childhood when one parent or another would put
down their fork and say "JESSICA. Shut UP and eat!"
Good advice, that. See ya in a few. Unless I get porched or wifed.

62 comments:

Raina said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds exciting, and old porch and a swing. Nothing like sitting outside, getting some fresh air and enjoying nature. I love being outside right when the sun begins to set. The sunset is such a beautiful master piece to be enjoyed by all.

jess said...

not my birthday yet... everybody try to restrain yourselves till Monday!

raina- must be nice to be outside in OK or is it CO? Here the mosquitoes are just about ("fixin") to die

Viking Granny!!!! said...

I love lookin at yo big ol belly.

So cute!

Georgia said...

Just think Eva, in a few months your belly will look like that too.

Georgia said...

Jess, I glad you put in the "fixin" in there, I was starting to wonder what you were saying.

Georgia said...

suttle?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Just imagine me with a big ol belly....

What a thought.

Hey I have a dinning room set with 4 chairs and a coffee table free.

Anyone interested.

If I still have it this weekend I might just have a garage sell or something.

Right now it is free for the taking.

Georgia said...

That's a really nice gift Daniel.

Georgia said...

I think if anyone has been wifed or porched its me. I feel kind of porched somedays. After a long day of driving and going to school and house cleaning. I wonder if being porched is akin to a housewife as being put out to pasture for a horse.

Like this,
Yeah, I got old, my daughter porched me. Can't do anything now, cept sit out here on my porch and drink tea.
Fixin,to porch ol lady League too, I hear, Ah, well, its for the better, she can't remember the difference tween a cupcake and her dentures anyway.

jess said...

G-
laughed till I cried...

jess said...

where is ol lady league, anyway? surprised she's never been in here

jess said...

Daniel's spelling of theatrical is a strange kind of pleasure. I just like to look at it. Theratrickle

Georgia said...

Yeah, I think old lady League is just too busy. Let her have it. One day she will be porched with me and will wish she could remember these days.

Georgia said...

Mama,
Didnt you have an aunt kimley or something who got porched and would spit tobacco?

jess said...

I am porched, temporarily... it ain't all it's cracked up to be

Georgia said...

I just dont think you are ready to porch yet. You just got to many things to do and people to see. You'd like it for about 20 minutes, then you'd want to go get a frosty.

Georgia said...

Yeah, see Jess is porched. She wants to run, run, run, she's born with wheels like the rest of us.

jess said...

A porch with a bottle of tequila and a few drunken dancing consulates... not bad at all.

Georgia said...

As i'm thinking about it I just dont see Sandra porching with me. She just wouldnt sit still. She'd probably be somewhere teaching intercession or Spanish or something to some old ladies and praying for who was dead and who was going to die.

Georgia said...

I think they were pretty creative in their naming.

Georgia said...

Yeah, him AND Thumper have internet access. Thumper can type too speak english.

jess said...

I am not imprisoned. I am being wined and dined by the whos who here in Me-hee-co...
My dear rodent companion is being held in the luxurious Palace de El Presidente.

Georgia said...

Batboy are you going to do anything for poor Ratking? You have friends there in low places. You could get him out with one wienerzine bribe. Maybe a batsenorita could help you. You already sent his cats to be carne asada, dont you owe him that?

jess said...

and his two kitty companions made good friends with the owner of El Loco Restarante Cucaracha just before I was called away on business

jess said...

el Capitan assured me the greatest delicacy would be used in caring for RK... this prison rumor is most disturbing. AH! another margarita!

jess said...

You see?? I was BORN to be in this family

Josh said...

Baseball . . . YAWN . . .

jess said...

Ratking is a rat. Thus RAT king.
although I am curious as to his sudden interest in baseball...

jess said...

Well, that narrows it down quite a bit.

you could always come over here and porch, Rob

jess said...

and I just registered... and RK is right.. your registration address has to match billing address. so really only me and richy can register for our card

Viking Granny!!!! said...

She is beautiful.........

Hey I have never been porched. Never ever but I have some pieces of furniture that have been porched.

Anyone want a dining room set or a coffee table........?


Anyone know someone who NEEDS one or all?

Josh said...

I’ve actually been to 3 Astros’ games, consisting of the Astrodome and Minute Maid park. I do like going to live games, it is fun. I used to put myself out for a nap by tuning into baseball on TV when I was a kid. Minute Maid park is really nice.

I’ve also been to an Aggies’ Football game, which was cool.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Robert call me.........and you can use my info to register for more.

I do not have time and I do not care........but you can use my stuff if it will help my little Bobby get what he wants.

:0)

jess said...

it is shocking... theres a list somewhere,,, my dad, my brother, etc..
Plus how bout that midriff?
or MAINdriff as Crystal called it??

jess said...

rob LOL... you're a dork

jess said...

rob's honey a couple months ago... not pale!
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1108/steph40wks6ga.png

Viking Granny!!!! said...

maybe you could post that picture of Steph for those of us that cannot click on the jpg.

Raina said...

Its nice outside here in oklahoma. We have mosquitoes but not a lot. We have more mice than anything. Yuck!!!

Georgia said...

Cant figure out how to register. Where is the register button?

Georgia said...

Never mind, found it. I registered for yall.

Raina said...

well then you can voulenteer to produce milk for everyone. nothing like fresh milk

Raina said...

If we are then i think you get free ice cream julie. hahahaha

jess said...

I don't want any Ratmilk. NOOOOOO thanks.

slowest stinkin dialup bleepity bleep
just before Israel

Raina said...

Think of all the new things you could market. rat milk, rat ice cream, rat butter and the list goes on. :) hahaha

Josh said...

Dial-up. . . I think I remember what that is.

Josh said...

The same thing happens to me after being at work on T1 and T3 connections.

Poor, poor Jessica stuck with dial-up.

Josh said...

I do think the porch swing is a creative gift for Jessica.

Wow, now I’ve thought Daniel is amusing and creative in the same week. . . WOW!

jess said...

JD: I would be pleased to serve martinis to the youngsters

jess said...

two topics i avoid:
ratmilk and
daniel's underoos

Viking Granny!!!! said...

JD.......what time can you come and pick them up?

They are already on the front porch but I need to know what time so I can bring the dog in the house.

Big scawwy German


I am so glad that you found a home for them.

Email me the detail ok.



Peace OUT

jess said...

beebow was in here yesterday...

beebow said...

Yes, toonhab, i am here. thanks for the link. i am at work and am blogging on the sly. shhhhhhhhhh

Josh said...

I would think that you’d have to be certified in handling hazardous material to get within 6 feet of Daniel’s underoos, and need a HazMat suit.

You got those credentials Julie?

Josh said...

Yes, I’ve heard parenting brings you up to par with Haz Mat. Just yesterday, Shannon was finishing up talking to a friend when I got home from work. The friend has three boys that are ages 3 and under and Shannon had her on speaker phone. She had to go because Benjamin, her oldest, has started taking off his loaded diaper and throwing it across the room recently. He had just work up from a nap and she had to go catch him before he had the chance.

beebow said...

We had to watch my oldest granddaughter because she would pull gum off of the bottom of restaurant tables and chew it.

beebow said...

By the way, Daniel, you are a sweetie. What a thoughtful gift.

jess said...

julie-
i volunteer to eat whatever desserts you bring over here

BethC said...

just stop in to say HI, and ty for all the nice Bday wishes...
CYA
Oh, I just have one word to say....
"it really will save you money"
me thinks Jess misses my budgeting advice
I will try to come up with some new material
tata

jess said...

Unsettling... I was in a parade today with el Mayor and a few generales... and I saw a hideous face in the crowd. I don't want to remember, but it looked strikingly like.... oh God, it looked like DR MIKEY!

jess said...

Hey Jess! Checkin in from the Hilton's computer in the lobby. Love you. Will you marry me? I think we should get married since you are pregnant! Love...L.U.V.
- Richy

jess said...

Richy! this is so... sudden!
give me a couple days to think about it.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Yall must be sleeping in.

Hey you two are still so romantic.

Mushy Mushy Mushy


:0)