Well, we lost the World Series... and thus, my monthlong interest in
baseball will go the way of its fathers.
I stayed up way too late the night before last watching a 14 inning
game, and then not sleeping all night for whatever reason watching tv
till 2 in the morning tells your brain there is no more sleep.
Today I very comfortably could have slept longer.... very unusual for
me. But someone who will remain unnamed came in here shrieking to Woody
about Velveeta cheese and Democrats. So here I am. Better late than
never.
I am only about a week more pregnant than I've ever been. But it's very
interesting how different it feels. Physically and emotionally. Last
night I looked at Babies R Us and Target online... I have had some kind
of mental block about planning for a real baby to come and live
here.... but it's fading and I'm getting excited...
Am I going to have a baby? Some friends I have online who have
experienced loss call it a "take-home" baby. I want to tke this one
home. I expect to. And it's tripping me out a little.
10 weeks sounds like nothing. Like I will make it there, easy. And if I
make it 15 weeks, great! But I like the sound of 10... or 9 and a
half...
Guys day was a very interesting experiment. I may keep it on
Wednesdays...
83 comments:
and VERY happy Anniversary to Josh and Shannon Aroo! 4 years and counting!
also: If I keep guys day weekly, guys can still pick topics for discussion, even if they can't be in here all day... you know?
double post... not an obscenity riddled attack
Definitley a chick blog today....
I'm not totally bummed or anything... just thinking a lot... and I feel jittery and grumpy.... chocolate, maybe will help.
Speaking of chocolate...
Jessica shared some of her quadruple-whammy chocolate cake with strawberries while we were visiting, which she got from Julie. Mmmm, Julie, that was yummy!! When done, I told Jessica, "Thanks for sharing!!" Josh liked it too! : b
Yes, the cake was good. When I was done, I said I felt intoxicated from all the chocolate.
For our anniversary, I’m working a half day Friday, then we’re heading to Grace Haven. It’s a Christian owned place that has real wood cabins way up in the Cascade Mountains. It will be some good R&R and sight seeing, maybe a little shopping in the gift shops.
I may be a guy, but I’ll talk about anything. For another guy’s perspective on the hormone issue, I agree with D’Ana’s take on it. You still have to take responsibility for your actions and try to be nice and livable, and be sorry if you’ve hurt someone. Being hormonal isn’t an excuse to act whatever and just be able to excuse it. It is a reason that explains ones actions, which makes it easier for me as a male to understand and care for my wife or whomever, but not an excuse to just hurt me or someone else with no responsibility or care for what you’ve done just because you’re hormonal.
Open to feedback, if desired.
So, I may have just stirred things up, and you may want to banish me from the blog now.
= )
good input, Matt... when I feel "hormonal" it's scary to me, too.. I just want to feel normal and get over it but I can't seem to snap out of it... sometimes I can find peace through worshipping... sometimes I (usually) could talk myself through it with Richy listening and then end up crying and feel released... it's like some kind of pressure... I don't know
Funny and True Matt: “One person consumed with emotions is difficult, two is down right scary.”
You’re right; we just have to live with each other in an understanding way. I know it stinks for women to have hormones racing sometimes, but it isn’t easy being on the other end of it either. If both parties understand this, I think it helps a whole lot!
do guys ever just sit down and have a good hard cry?
Julie,
I need to clarify what I was saying. I was not saying that confrontation is needed in the heat of it. I’ve learned to just recognize what’s going on and just comfort Shannon and love her. She can vouch for me that I’ve come a long way in not trying to “fix her” and just loving her. I was only saying that we can’t totally excuse our actions on hormones, in the sense that we use hormones as a crutch to not care about what were doing to the other person. I know it’s good to just listen and love the majority of the times.
Hey Jess, with all the shadows its hard to see Toby in your new pic.
Would R2 like to spend Sunday after noon with his favorite Bedste?
Is there a more desirable time for his parents?
Tell Your Hunk of a Hubby to check his email and reply.
:0)
crystal-- i think some of both... if we can find peace with God, then that heals the hormonal problem at that time, maybe?
LOL matt... you did say that... good thing it's not wednesday!
Ya, you did, Matt.
But it reminded me of how I use to enjoy crying & laying my burdens down.. I haven't in awhile.
So, I'll be right back. : ) j/k
Besides heart-stuff that's stopped me, I just remembered that I also prevent myself from crying deeply because it makes my head hurt really bad. all the tension.. wish that didn't happen when crying!
Funny Matt! I’ve had some good cries too. Like Matt said, they can be releasing and they have the potential to draw you nearer to God, maybe because you recognizing you are in need and need help or comfort.
In fact I think I will go cry right now because it’s our anniversary and Shannon is going to be crying when I get home. . . boo hoo hoo. = )
Crystal,
that'll be good to remember! to think of the good that's going on during all the baby cries.. not just the loudness. : D
That's sweet, Randy-- Tigger Movie.
Last movie I cried during was "Love Comes Softly" by Janette Oke. I read the books when a teen. It's neat to see it acted out.
rob was too scared to post
Jason Upton's in Beaumont tonite and tomorrow if anybody wants to go...
don't know if we can go cause all the driving... pondering
yeah right daniel. you cry every time you watch Babe
and she will,
and she'll throw it in your face!
hee hee ; )
And she will make that pie "like a good little wife" and give it to you all over your face. I'd love to be there to see it.
ha ha, my babe wrote the same thing!!!
you're late, rob...
Very funny Rob!
A cheesy pun about crying:
Never cry when you're playing tennis, because you could be charged with racket tearing.
OK
the Pig'll get gentle rebukes.
then she & God'll work on it...
it'll be titled "Humble Pie"
Oh yeah, I didn’t answer Sharon’s question. . SORRY.
No we’ve never been to Grace Haven. We just decided we wanted to go up in Cascade Mts. for our anniversary, so Shannon did some searching online and found this place. Looks nice, close to things to do, and the staff is very friendly. We’ll let you know how it goes.
The last movie I teared up (but not full cry) on was “March of the Penguins”, when one of the chicks froze to death and the mother was lamenting over the dead body. It was pretty sad.
You probably deserved it. I’ve wanted to poke you in the eye a couple time myself!
Who’s Missy?
Daniel,
you must get poked in the eye everyday then! deducting from your posts.
boo-hoo, boo-boo, ouch
A piece of you, yep that’s all that would be left when I was done Mr. Mohawk.
I’m a woman. . . hmm Shannon, any comments?
Joking.
turtles, turtles, rah rah rah!
turtles, turtles, ha ha ha!
you're a turtle, REMEMBER ; ) wink wink
I knew someone in TX could take care of my light weight for me, thanks Matt. Sounds like Daniel is in trouble.
Daniel- you have to first be a man before you can out man another man.
daniel, if I wasn't on bedrest...
And being the man that I am, I can admit my mistakes. Notice Daniel that I deleted that and re did it.
-The Man
I know you would rather BE a man, just keep wishing. You know wishes really do come true sometimes. BAM!
This blog is defanantly rated G today....
Full of testosterom and macho man stuff. I bet Wednesday was a blast.
As soon as this baby is born... I will find you Daniel. and I will make you cry
Josh is infinity, infinity, infinity, infinity, infinity, infinity, infinity times better than you! naah na naah na naah naah
If TX gives manhood, then I’d say my near 25 years there did it for me, but not even TX could help a poor soul like you.
Like you said before, just keep on saying, “I’d rather BE a man, I’d rather BE a man . . .” Maybe if you click your pretty red slippers together it will help.
lol this is funny
I mean, I'm funny
to clarify, I was joking.
this is all funny.
we all think ourselves are funny! & we are!
thanks for reminding josh about his truck, daniel... nice
Georgia-
are you at the birthing center?
daniel = 25ish years old and living with a married couple for FREE. = (
JOSH = Need I say more? = )
Grasshopper read your email please
Let me know how much the triplets weigh and what their names are.
Just noticed Matt, my goodness.. He is almost as much of a hunk and R1.
Jesus lived with a married couple for free? What?
John Grisham, Danielle Steel and Mary Higgins Clark........
Are these authors that a Christian woman would want to read, or are they TABU?
A Christian woman or Jessica Clark?
grisham writes great books... very exciting.
But there are usually sex scenes that ruin everything.
I haven't read the others
Thanks for the laugh Daniel, good testosterone release. Gotta work now.
Beowolf . . . is that about a werewolf that is long over due for some deodorant?
For those who may like to know what point I was actually making Monday night, is that we cannot anchor our "faith" in the natural. In other words, if we believe someone must die of cancer, because cancer causes death, then their is no opportunity for the supernatural. The same goes with hormones, if we believe that we must have a horrible time, and be tempted at being unloving, then their is no opportunity for the supernatural. God is able.
I know the problem is very real, as real as any other result of the fall. I've hated for Jessica to go through this, and as the other guys, except maybe Daniel (joke) , feel compassionate, and believe God to bring her through. Leah had a healing recently with this exact issue. It took believing that God promises peace, to over come a "natural" hormonal problem.
I believe before the Lord returns, much of the church will be healthy all the time! Peace out - RC
Hormones are REAL.......
I am glad to hear you say that.
Pregnant or once a month or even over the hill.....Hormones are a problem.
I do believe that Hormones are not too big of a problem for GOD.
He can do anything and my faith must grow.........
Heat flashes and mood swings are getting old.
4:22 PM
I am the strong proud Viking Granny!
How do you like the new me?
I love it!
thank you, thank you...
wonder where georgia and mama are?
Thanks for clarifying Richy.
Good point, have to always leave room for the supernatural.
Jessica- Having anyone’s catered food tonight?
nope... dinners come on M,W,F...
tonight will be leftovers...
crystal-
hows the bedrest going? are you bored yet?
From what I hear about Monday night service it was definantly CD worthy. It made me sick to miss it. I will be ordering my CD asap.
:0)
This was a great day for the blog. Hate that I missed it. Good advice on hormones from ALL the guys. I admire all the loving and understanding that is going on with these men. It is hard to live with a hormonal woman. I am proud of all of you guys for being so sympathetic to your wives.
Also, I like what Matt said about that men can be hormonal too. That is true, but doesnt seem to be as predictable or often.
very thought-provoking comments... very laugh-provoking comments... even some very wrath-provoking comments...
all in all, i find myself very provoked.
love to you all!
(someone welcome me to the world of bloggers...)
Yo Hannah,
Welcome to the usually fun and always addicting world of Jessica’s blog!!
It’s usually pretty quite in the evenings.
k, now i need help getting my picture on here.
...computer illiterate...
well, not totally, but when it comes to internet stuff, i'm lost.
I betcha that Jess can hook you up with a picture and all that.
Just email her.
She is the computer Geek!
Welcome HANNA Banana. I guess you are to good to eat with a bunch of old ladies huh?
You can upload your picture on some picture hosting websites, or, like other computer illiterate people, you can e-mail your pic to Jessica and she’ll upload it for you and send you back the link to paste in you profile to show your pic. I host mine on my own site.
jess has a bunch of pics of Hanna Banana so I bet she will be able to find you a really great one.
This is right up her alley.
Hey Mr Man,
Some of us are so computer illeterate that we don't even know how to email Jess a pic so we have to rely on Jessica to do everything.
I may not know anything about computers but I sure am a proud viking!
welcome to the 'sphere, han....
I emailed you about your pic
Com'on Hanna! Can't wait to see you. What pic did Jess find for her favorite Hanna?
Hanna, you didn't miss much Tuesday.
We just had chili and salad but it was delicious.
Sometimes we all go over board and sometimes we end up with just a little food........you never know.
But we always welcome "drop-ins"
Last Tuesday of each month.
Just a little FYI
Jess,
Arent you Kralc instead of Yelnats? Or are you Ms. Kralc-Yelnats
I always like a good cry...cleanses the soul. Laughing is good too... Releases endorphins.
I've done both at the same time.
Endorphins (if spelled right) are in no relation to dolphins. People that don't have Jesus (and do), sometimes make themselves laugh a lot, so they can feel better. It works.
I went to this crazy "free" Olive Garden meal thing, and the natural medicine people were making everyone laugh by force. It was kind of scary. I was laughing because I felt uncomfortable.
Post a Comment