Monday, January 23, 2006

Upstairs

You guys are moving right along here... I keep missing everything
because Richy has to use the "business" phone for "business".....
Sheesh.

Toby ate for a solid hour this morning. And if I moved him or
threatened his position he would GROWL at me. What is to become of me?

76 comments:

Josh said...

I AM FRIST. (Yes, I know this is the wrong one, but hey).

Mama PC said...

for gals only - once, when Linds was about 6 months old, she bit me and i automatically and quickly slapped her little face (not too hard, but just enough to get her to let go) and then she cried so hard and wouldn't nurse for over TWELVE hours!!! I finally tricked her into eating again when she was asleep! Poor little baby...

Mama PC said...

josh, do some research about echinacia...... i've read recently that there is no research proving that it helps AT ALL in preventing or thwarting or healing colds...

If you find something contradictory, let me know...

fyi.......

jess said...

I don't mind veggies... with butter or salt or such
I just like junk better

Mama PC said...

i don't hear Lauren's show yet... are you sure it's 3oclock scheduled?

Mama PC said...

is it cold at your house?

Mama PC said...

i made a good ole blackeyed pea/avocado/tomato/catalina dressing salad that is served over fritos today for lunch..... yuummm

i make it about wonct a year......

roast/potatoes/carrots/gravy for dinnah tonight.....

and, of course, a salad...... i'm funny lately, i'm serving the salad to my family FRIST so that they (and I) will eat all our salad BEFORE I put the other foods on the table...... if I do it the other way, we usually get too full of yummy heavy foods and put off the salad.....

those fresh veggies have vegevitaminaphens like Sharon always mentions we need......

Hi Ethel How's Fred?

jess said...

hmmmm

Mama PC said...

one can in the b-eye pea salad is with jalapenos.....which gives it a zing......

Mama PC said...

i guess i'll go now......

you all have a good afternoon.....

i still haven't heard lauren yet... WHO IS LAUREN??? a relative of yours, it sounds like....

does she have a talk show or a 4 hour show?

Mama PC said...

OHHHHHHH I HEAR LAUREN NOW!!!

Great! Let me know how she is related.......

You all have a very interesting and expansive web of relationships in this area, don't you? YOUR'RE RELATED to EVERYONE!!!!!!!

We'll have to change the name of the county......

jess said...

Lauren is my cousin, my mom's brother's daughter

Mama PC said...

what is your mom's maiden name? are they from around here?

Mama PC said...

How many HOUSTON natives do we have here?

I was born and bread in Houston myself!

Are you a MOCO person, Jess? CutNShoot?

jess said...

My mom was a Cook... Texans, here and scattered throughout the state

jess said...

born in H-town, raised in CutNShoot and Conroe

Mama PC said...

hi Katie

i guess some of us are just on a different schedule and march to the beat of a different drummer.....

take care of yourself!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.......

God will bless you even more as you submit your schedule and your husbands to HIM! Allow God to work in your heart and meet your needs deep inside.....as you wait patiently....... HE IS AN AWESOME LOVER OF YOUR SOUL!!! AND WILL NEVER FAIL YOU!!!

Mama PC said...

(oops, I mean 'your husband's... i know you only have ONE husband... forgot my apostrophe...... terri is rubbin' off on me.... ha!)

Anonymous said...

Terri,

You're daughter still thinks you are doing something wrong if you cannot choose the picture you want. I'm still testing it out.

Anonymous said...

Terri,

how do you like my tweety? Stephanie was right, the only problem with the images you want to use is that the file size is too big. I'm sure she knows how to resize it, but I don't yet.

jess said...

YAY
bring on the Clarks

Anonymous said...

Mamapc,

i want the recipe for that black-eyed pea salad you mentioned earlier

jess said...

nobody tell Arb... but we're #1

Mama PC said...

BOR... I mean ROB...

We will seriously pray with you and Steph about your move.....that perfect timing will BE...

I'm asking God to confirm what you feel He is saying through 2-3 persons.....that don't know anything about your desires...

So, be listenin'!

Yippee!! We would love to see your faces around here more often!

Mama P Crouse

Mama PC said...

Terri -

No, I was born and BREAD in Houston...

You know - Mrs. Bairds was my mother's uncles niece's third cousin twice removed.....

(Haven't you seen the Mrs. Baird's trucks with their slogan???)

Georgia said...

Hey. Pam
I want that recipe too, for the blackeyed pea salad.

Mama PC said...

recipe for Black-eyed Pea/Frito Salad

1 can blackeyed peas
1 can blackeyed peas with jalapenos

drain both cans, rinse gently

add one large avacado, cut into bite-sized pieces

add two tomatoes, cut into bite- sized pieces

stir in gently approximately 1 1/2 cups CATALINA dressing...
refrigerate for several hours til cold.

immediately before serving, stir in fritos corn ships, approximately 4 cups...... but what I do is pour the pea salad over the chips as I'm serving, so that if there are leftovers of the salad, I can use it again the next day with fresh fritos...

Serves 6-8

*NOTE* This recipe has NOT been approved by Betty Housekeeping nor Good Crocker Magazines nor has it been tested in any test kitchens....nor tested on animals...

Put the ingredients in as you desire.....til it looks good to you. Some people like more avacado...

Mama PC said...

well, i suppose it could be served ovah .... light corn crisps???

or...

hmmm...

you could use a diet or low carb catalina-type dressing.....

i guess it could be slathered over pork rinds......

...

Mama PC said...

mama - you've got to change that expression...... what HAVE you got up your sleeve???

Mama PC said...

okay, where IS everyone???

jess said...

Well, I'm here

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Yippee Rob and Steph.

I am praying for wisdom for you...

I am so lookin forward to having all the family closer together.

Just so you know..Grandkid weekends no longer excist.


They out number me and I give.

So things are so different but I am so excited.

It will be so wonderful to see you and have you 6 closer.....maybe Izzy will learn to love me as much as Graceson does.

:0)

Mama PC said...

hi, Terri

Mama PC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mama PC said...

hi, sharone

Mama PC said...

good night to all.......

Be blessed!!!

jess said...

ladies...

Mama PC said...

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss....

Mama PC said...

enchiladasAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDD augratin potatoes??? wow, he must have an appetite!!! or, you're trying to build up your strength!!!

:-)

Mama PC said...

jess, you were saying.....
???

jess said...

helllllllooooooo

Mama PC said...

how's babee??? when's next weight check?

Mama PC said...

sharon.....why no response?

jess said...

just saying hi

Mama PC said...

i have to get up at 4:30 in the morning, so need to go ahead and finish up a few things around here.....

but, before I go...

DID YOU HEAR on Lauren's show that TODAY IS NATIONAL PIE DAY!!!

sO, i'M GOING TO change my picture in honor of pie day... (didn't have the energy to make more pies today..)

jess said...

His next appt is on the 1st... he's doing great...
He ate SO much today, probably ready for a growth spurt

jess said...

He was 5.4 on Jan 12th... he's gotta be 6 pounds by now

Mama PC said...

when i hired on here, they told me i'd work 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., 3 days a week...... but, then before i came on board, that manager quit, so i'm having to work with a lady who is new at managing so for a while, i'll just go in at 5:30 as she is asking me to.....

i'm just not used to getting up at 4:30!!! nor going to bed before 10:30!!! but, i need to get those zzz's...... hard when everyone is out, and i'm expecting them to come in...listening for doors...

mama's never quit.....
although i'm better at sleeping through since i'm learning to trust God with them...

Mama PC said...

H A P P Y
P I E
D A Y
!!!!!

(This is a pie my mom made for my birthday in December... egg custard......yum....my favorite.)

Good night all.

Love you Jessica and co.

Mama PC said...

wonderful..... now, is this ariel sharon or georgieu
?

Mama PC said...

Great - In honor of PIE DAY, we're all eating blackeyed pea salad!!!

My grandmother ate blackeyed pea salad today
My mother also had a serving..
I ate it...
Hannah ate some......and now.

ARIEL SHARON!!!

Mama PC said...

EXCUSE ME, but your arm in that position (not to mention your face) is really bothering me!!!

Mama PC said...

uhhhh, I hope I didn't offend you Mr. Sharone

...

just kidding.....

if you want to hold your arm in that position for days, well who am I to say anything about it???

Mama PC said...

guten nacht...

ore vu-wah

er reev i derchi

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Excuse me.......I think I am last!

Josh said...

I honor of pie day, I am making a virtual lemon meringue pie and throwing it at Jessica. It splatters all over her face . . . and a little splats on Toby’s face. Toby licks his lips and learns he likes lemon meringue pie.

Josh said...

I may be lsat, in less of course beebow comes in in the last minute again and steals my glory.

I won't be awake to defend my post, so fate will have it's way (or beebow will have her way).

Note: I believe we may have set a new posting record for today.

Josh said...

Yep, this is the 389th post.

AND, I'm still the lsatest.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

O yea?

WRONG

Viking Granny!!!! said...

NOT

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Josh makes me miss the cold weather and the rest of you make me hungry.

jess said...

do we have that many?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Good Grief, I am going to cave and eat a hamburger tomorrow followed by a ice cream sundae...caramel or butterscotch.............yum

jess said...

i thought we had 3something today. Wow 400 comments.
Thank you Burger King

beebow said...

You can be lsat if you want to!

beebow said...

I don't know. Maybe a rash you get from being out in cyberspace too long. ??

beebow said...

Who are you?

beebow said...

Okay now I'm lsat. Better go get the talcum powder.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

BeeBow, you might be lsat but I am FIRST!


or frist......

Georgia said...

Yall got me laughing this morning. The race to be lsat is funny.

I knew Beebow would win, she sits up late watching reruns of threes company so she can be lsat.

Josh tries, but Shannon keeps him from being lsat.

Katie does good, but she needs to watch late night tv.

Anonymous said...

hELLO,

Anonymous said...

cAN YOU SEE MY TWEETY?

Anonymous said...

iS THERE A TWEETY NOW?

Anonymous said...

tERRI,

I like your rose.

Anonymous said...

Terri,

I will change it soon, but you have to click on my picture and look at it in full size so you can read it.

jess said...

marnin
Upstairs