Friday, March 24, 2006

continuez

Title: Jack-In-The-Box Taco
Yield: 12 Servings

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1/3 c refried beans
1/4 ts salt
2 tb chili powder
1/4 c ortega taco sauce
12 soft corn tortillas
3 c cooking oil(crisco prefer'd)
6 sl american cheese
1 head lettuce, chopped fine

Instructions

1) Slowly brown ground beef over low heat, using wooden spoon to chop
and stir meat, keeping it very fine and smooth. 2) When beef is
browned, drain fat. 3) Add refried beans and use wooden spoon to
smash the whole beans into the mixture, creating a smooth texture. 4)
Add the salt, chili powder, and 2 tbs. of the taco sauce to the
mixture. Remove from heat. 5) In another skillet, heat 1/4" of oil
until hot. (Test with small pc. of tortilla--it should bubble when
dropped into the oil.) Crisco oil will give the food a taste closest
to the original. 6) Spread 1/12 th of beef mixture on center of each
tortilla. 7) Fold tortillas over and press so that the beef filling
acts as an adhesive and holds sides together. 8) Drop each taco into
the pan of hot oil and fry on both sides until crispy. 9) When
cooked, remove the tacos from the oil and place them on a rack or
some paper towels until they are a little cooler. 10) Pry open each
taco slightly. Add 1/2 slice of american cheese (cut diagonally) and
some lettuce. Top with abt. 1 1/2 tsp. of remaining taco sauce.

Yield: Makes 12 Tacos

Older than McDonald's and Burger King, Jack-in-the-Box, is the
world's 5th largest hamburger chain, with 1,089 outlets (by the end
of 1991) in 13 states throughout the West and Southwest. The
restaurant, headquartered in San Diego, boasts one of the largest
menus in the fast-food world--a whopping
45 items.
Now taste for yourself the homemade version of Jack's most
popular item. The Jack-in-the-Box Taco has been served since the
inception of the chain, with very few changes over the years.

Source: "Top Secret Recipes" by Todd Wilbur

30 comments:

jess said...

I'm here but I'm leaving you for food

Josh said...

I MADE it, I made it!!! I'm on the plane. I'll report soon, they're bringing me lunch right now.

Nate said...

ew...gah-ross...I don't think I'll ever eat one of those JITB tacos again...suuuper nasty

BethC said...

i am very fond of JINtheBox tacos
2/.99
tasty and cheap

BethC said...

ladies, who's goin to the Encounter? say "I"

BethC said...

my challenging day at CHS is over
Coach Beth is headin home

jess said...

happenin mornin but slow afternoon up in here

jess said...

howdy... 3 o clock slump I supsect

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Jenn was born on March 22nd?

Wow.........

March is the best month ever huh?

Josh said...

Yaaaawwwwnnnnn. . . just woke up from a nap on the plane. Frist class is really nice. Had Cordon Blue chicken stuffed with something really yummy, and sides of steamed carrots and five grain rice with gravy. Had some delicious cranberry peach juice to drink. That put me to sleep before I could update.

MAN, Uncle Soren is crazy. He picked me up by my neck, must have been five feet off the ground and was shouting “You can not stop people from eating tacos! This is America, she can eat her TACOS!! She must have more than one-half taco!!” I was freaking out. . . anyway, I don’t know how it happened but I managed to get loose and get to my bag, drew out my paintball gun, and pepped him in pink and purple. Then. . .

Josh said...

Then he has really hot and grabbed me with both hand. Sorry folks, I had to do it. . . I gave him three shots “below the belt”. That took care of him. . . man he screams like a little girl. About that time the police showed up. I explained what happened. Uncle Soren-the-chest, (that’s what I called him later) was arrested for assault and I was interviewed by the cops. I told them of my quest and they agreed I should not be delayed and escorted my to my seat. They did, however, CONFISCATE MY PAINTBALL GUM!!!! ERRRRRR!!! I was peeved, but on the plane I went, with a few shreds of clothes left on my body. I guess it’s gonna be hand to hand & hand to taco combat.

Josh said...

We are about to start our final decent, gotta turn my laptop off. See ya soon enough GEORGIA!!! You will never defy the fine print after this!!

jess said...

bring it on, Petey boy

Josh said...

Off the plane, 60 degrees and sunny with a little humidity. . . ahh this is the nice time of year in Houston.



Who you calln' Pety boy, Mrs. Clarky larky.

Josh said...

OK, Daniel the Coker spaniel. Ruff, ruff, go fetch the ball. . . oh look, did I throw that ball over a cliff and you followed it? Oh, I’m sorry.

Josh said...

But your reply was sissy words!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Grasshopper has email.

:0)

Josh said...

On a serious note-
Thank Georgia, for your encouragement in the down stairs. I'm truly grateful to have been involved with your kids when I was, and all the youth. They enriched my life SO much!

Josh said...

Well, I now have my rental car and I'm at the Pamera Bread on Lake Woodlands Dr, using their wireless. Man, a lot has been built around here in a year.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh said...

I'm here to stop Georgia from breaking the rules. I guess you will find out soon enough where I really am.

Josh said...

Ta ta for now, I think I'll go eat at the new Cheesecake Factory.

Georgia said...

That is why that cop croaked at me from his speaker to put on my seatbelt. I know when I smell a conspiracy.

Georgia said...

Yikes. Nobody tell Josh where I live. I live in Pearland near the Clarks, yeah, Josh, go look in pearland for me.

Georgia said...

Uncle Soren... It was good while we knew ye...

Georgia said...

Funny how Josh seems to quit traveling just at the same time that Boeing closes on the west coast... Hmmmm... something fishy here.

Georgia said...

EIther that or he REALLY loves the cheesecake factory.

jess said...

every time... I say HEY GEORGIAS ON HERE HOORAY
but I am too late






(sigh)

Josh said...

Just a coincidence Georgia, just a coincidence. I ate an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory. I saw some old friends from High School and hung out for over a hour talking, then went to The Woodlands Mall. I bought Shannon a couple things. Now I need to go check-in with my host. . . my secret destination. I’m staying with someone that comes on this blog, but won’t say who. They’re in this with me.

Sleep tight their Georgia. . . see you soon.

Nate said...

wow...early night for you bloggy types...