Topic of the day, inspired by this picture Josh sent me:
If you guys were in charge of housework, what improvements would you make? Like a ride-on vacuum cleaner and such...
Ladies: you know the rules.
Also, so far the weeknight is winning for our Jack In The Box party. If you haven't voted yet, do so!
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Guys day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
53 comments:
Woosh, I’m with servant on the multiple wives topic. I love Shannon, and I like being married, but one is joyfully enough. For all the reasons servant mentioned. I couldn’t imagine trying to reason with 3 or 7 woman when they’re being very emotional and disagree. (The woman probably agree that they wouldn’t want 5 husbands also)
I think what Daniel and BD want are just house keepers or servants. BD’s been married a while and knows the ways of estrogen.
Here you go guys, yhe “farting chair”!
Ex-teacher sues over noisy chair
BRISTOL, England (AP) -- A British teacher who says a noisy chair made classroom life a misery is suing her former employer for unfair dismissal.
Sue Storer, 48, told an employment tribunal Tuesday she was subjected to sexist and bullying behavior while working as deputy head teacher at Bedminster Down Secondary School in Bristol, southwest England.
Storer said the school failed to replace her chair, which made a "farting" noise whenever anyone sat on it, although other staff received new chairs.
She said the chair was a source of embarrassment, especially at parent-teacher evenings.
She also said male colleagues were favored over her and she was placed under an unfair amount of pressure.
"I had a nervous breakdown because of the ordeal I went through. It's just not fair that people can treat you like that," said Storer, who resigned in September. She said she would never teach again.
Ladies...
it will be noon very soon and we can all discuss this polygamy concept.... believe you me I have opinions...
I will invent a robot that folds clothes. In the digital age, certainly it can be done. If you can program it, it can do it!
Marriage is about two persons needs being met. In a polygamous marriage, do you really think the woman’s needs are met? Time with hubby once a week, intimacy once a week, competing with the other “wives” to be the favorite and look cuter, hoping he really does like you as much as the others, etc. I don’t believe any of the “wives” really ever attain to the true biblical title of wife. They are all a lesser form of a spouse, never having true needs FULLY met that should be met in marriage. They just have to learn to accept that things are the way they are, and some may adjust and live that way, but I think it’s like a child that is abused emotionally that can adjust and just learn to live with it. It isn’t the truth of truths way it should be.
That’s my one big post on the subject. We’ll see how many post ramp up after 12:00, when the ladies can weigh in.
bd, does your wife read this blog?
you're sounding very ..... free with your words for a married man
That teacher with the chair just doesn’t know what she had. It would’ve been great for my middle school teacher to have a chair like that. If I were the teacher, I’d use it to my advantage. If the kids are good, they can each take turns and see who can get the biggest fart out of it. That would’ve improved the classroom behavior 300% instantly.
oh, and bravo servant and josh for speaking wisely re polygamy and housework
ok, i'm outta here
nice talking to y'all
wherever you went
8)
Okay... on polygmamy- Understand BD is joking... D'ana would never let him have another wife...
and I wouldn't take 7 husbands for ANY amount of money... HIGH MAINTENANCE
(i like my one, though)
MPC- do you want me to repost your commentary?
Hi maintenance! HUH!
Also, If you have too many wives you also will have too many kids. In societies that have multiple wives, they have anywhere from 20-50 kids in their house. Just imagine the noise that would make. That is a whole lot of Barney and Teletubbies
Man, you'd get an accent that sound like Elmo pretty quick.
yeah, Jess, you can repost mine if you want too...... i couldn't hardly help myself with all that polygamy-speak - and went ahead and posted......shame on me...
but, I KNEW BD TRULY doesn't feel that way..
Now, Daniel??? hmmm... i don't know him well enough....... but, with the way he was talking, I will caution my daughters to stay away from him....
i wouldn't want SEVEN husbands neither...... erg..... i'd have SEVEN of them having to put up with ME! and i don't like displeasing people i love.....
think of all the sock problems!!!
Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up.
one year, i rebelled and REFUSED to change the toilet paper NOR clean our toilet for probably almost a whole year....just to see if my husband would do it......
NOPE. it was a gross year. and i never said anything either..... i just continually noticed that it wasn't getting done... and could not BELIEVE that it didn't seem to matter to him.... either that or he was refusing to clean it cause he expected me to...... the toilet paper roll just sat there, off the roller..... and i resented my husband for not caring.....
but, then (after some years of learning) that he truly did not even NOTICE the toilet, nor did it matter to him that the toilet paper sat on the back of the toilet.....
i began to learn to serve..... but, also i learned to talk to him about what was important to me..... he never minds cleaning the toilet..... just never thought about it until i asked him to......
now, i've solved that problem..... we have separate bathrooms!!!!! (weird, huh?) i never woulda thought we'd end up with a house with two master bathrooms...... not very Christian, if you ask me....
i know i'm butting in to guys day...... but can't resist! SEVEN WIVES!!!???
okay - turn it around......
i could have SEVEN men! SEVEN HUSBANDS..... one for each night of the week..... WOW!
My house would be spotless, my meals perfectly cooked, my 7 cars would all be in good running order, and perfectly shining and have that new auto smell. I would never have to DO anything!!! Yes dear, I would love a glass of tea.... oh, yes dear, a foot massage would be nice..... and, and yes, a hot bath would be nice... I wouldn't have to worry about money - all 7 would have jobs and we would be RICH! and each one would be waiting patiently to spend time with ME!!!
--
Posted by Mama PC to Yablonksi Flotsam and Jetsom at 3/22/2006 10:38:58 AM
And God saw that man was alone...etc etc etc...... put him into a deep sleep, took out SEVEN ribs and created SEVEN EVES.... and when man woke up... his chin was resting crookedly on his belly button and women ruled the world from then on...
--
Posted by Mama PC to Yablonksi Flotsam and Jetsom at 3/22/2006 10:31:05 AM
daniel, i truly don't know you very well....... just mostly the comments you make here..... so, i had no idea how you truly felt about women...... but i trust that you are a Godly man...growing in the perspective that He is teaching you about women....
Naaah, i KNEW that you guys were kidding though and are just enjoying the experience of bringing up topics that could rise the hair on any normal woman's back!
harvy!!! you are too much!!!
katie - i learned to make those roses when i took lessons on cake decorating 27 years ago. i made the wedding cakes for my two sisters and my own wedding... we made all the roses pre-wedding.....froze them.....the decorated the cakes, putting the roses on the morning of the wedding...... you have to get the knack of them......and realize that up close they don't have to be perfect....... from a few feet, they are gorgeous......
what is your favorite color to decorate wedding cakes???
i could feel the hackles way over HERE!!!
ha!
well, i have to go to town... laundry is almost done here there's nothing else to do..... (not!)
wish i had a housekeeper.....
some times i tell papa jc that I need a wife in our house... someone to take care of the things i never get around to....
but, like servant says, i just need a housekeeper..... wives are for lovin'
speaking of love languages (which has been topic of discussion around our home lately)... i found out that Hannah's love language is 'acts of service'...and after discussing this with Lindsey, we've realized that NO ONE EVER DOES ANYTHING AROUND HERE FOR HANNAH.... so, i'm gonna surprise her and start doing her laundry (her least favorite thing in the world to do) She serves all of us so well.... and she is always working for the family....and serves my parents next door very well in her job..... anytime the kitchen needs work, she notices it and just DOES it..... she shows her love by acts of service, but we haven't known til lately that this is important back toward her...so, i'll shall endeavor to do something for her, my precious second 21-year old daughter.....
do you know YOUR love language?
no, katie - i have decided that i won't be decorating their cakes..only because..i will be helping getting the rest of things organized...so i'll be accepting the gracious gifts of others in the cake-decorating area. i COULD do it..... but i don't think it's that important to the girls that I do, and it takes a LOT of time..so i don't want to be a nervous wreck...i want to enjoy their weddings..
my favorite (as a decorator) is white - all white - because the cake actually looks more elegant and you can't see the imperfections...
i must go to get ready to go to town now.
love to all....
yes, i need a Butler
the Gasket -blowing comments are so funny to me... THEY are why I invented guys day.... so great,
and it is hilarious to have to hold your tongue (fingers) until noon...
HA! you tell her, t-baby!
and.... the last cookie is gone......
(sigh)
http://www.youthnetsouthampton.org.uk
/breakout/lovelanguages.php
Daniel: yes
servant: you can just back up whatever Daniel says.. he is usually inflammatory and doesn't cross the line... (at least on the blog)
Josh used to be pretty good at it too, but he's been tamed
Daniel- you could just remain single to see if Richard dies before Terri, then you could move in on the lonely widow. Then you’d get that coon hat you want.
OUCH, I got called tamed! OUCH!
We still are not absolute on Craig or other names. A while back I was feeling kinda bad for not having a name yet, but then several people we talked to told us they didn’t pick till after baby was born. One person had their baby three days before they picked a name. I don’t think we’ll be like that, but we shall see.
Yep, 3.5 weeks now!!!!!!!!!!
Could happen at any time now really.
Servant- Glad to hear how God is changing your life! I’m sure I speak for all to say that we’re blessed to be a part of your life in different ways and help you draw closer to the Lord. What you share is also edifying to us!
Taah-Med...
Taah-Med...
Taah-Med...
Taah-Med...
Taah-Med...
Taah-Med...
I'll have to get back to you on that one, sorry.
When I named Lacy, the lady was standing there in the hospital with the birth certificate papers telling me it had been days my time was up. I was flipping through the baby name book with passion.
I m kind leaning toward peter piper... sort of reminds me of someone...
The baby formerly known as Prince
Im having a school work freeze. I am so afraid of not getting my work done on time that I cant do any work. I just sit here
I want to go to JIB and have some tacos with yall. How about this sunday after church?
GEORGIA! HOORAY!
Georgia- the fine print on the JITB gift card rules states, and I quote, “any person or persons who recommends the name Peter Piper shall by no means consume any food that is purchased by this gift card.”
Sorry, Georgia. . . no tacos for you.
I'm sorry, BIFF! I'm going right now!
Upstairs
When I named Lacy, the lady was standing there in the hospital with the birth certificate papers telling me it had been days my time was up. I was flipping through the baby name book with passion.
we had a name already picked out for Lindsey Brooke, approx 6 months before she was born.....but didn't tell anyone... just in case we changed our mind...
when pregnant with hannah, if she had been a boy, we were going to name him after both grandfathers, Nathaniel and Daniel "Nathaniel Daniel Crouse" but, God was merciful and she was a girl, so she was named Hannah Elizabeth..(we were kidding... my sister was preggo at the same time, and had she had a girl, she told my dad she would name the baby after the grandmothers - Selma and Thelma... Selma Thelma Allard... my dad nearly had a heart attack...)
with 3rd baby, we had chosen a name for a girl "Charity Kay"... but, a boy was born...... we couldn't decide between the 3 names we had.....until J was 2-3 days old..... We were choosing between Jedidiah John, Jonathan Daniel, John Nathan Daniel and Jeremiah Jacob.....
John's middle name is Jacob.....
So, he ended up looking like a Jeremiah John...
It's like .... you look at them after they're born, and they just LOOK like a Peter or a Piper...... or a Hannah or a Jenna...
I think (truly) that Jedidiah is a great manly name....... seriously...
And, going against my previous advice, I think it's actually strong enough to go WITH
Peterson.....
Jedidiah Craig Peterson just might work!
Post a Comment