Friday, March 03, 2006

I feel like a parent today. Be right back...

38 comments:

jess said...

If frist were a rhyming word
I'd be there, be assured

Josh said...

BEST RYHMER!?, more like best slimmer!
You can’t give the best rhyme, in this day and time
If you want to beat me, you better spend some time on bended knee
I rhyme full-time, and you’ve got a big mountain to climb

Josh said...

Work time has come again, diligence is no sin
I must work to bring in the bacon, my little baby is still a baken’
The top rhymer spot, I’ve already got
It’s clear to see, that is the way it will always be
But for now I must employ, my work is no toy

Shannon2-24 said...

My boy gets the hiccups a lot
it jolts & jiggles every spot

I wish I could give comfort & kissin'
yet him in my belly I'd be missin'

Seein' him will be better though
what a joy when in my arms they throw

our little bitty duplicate
which soon his cord Josh will cut

it'll be so grand
having an addition to our family band

then oh, the many songs we sings
of the joys God brings

I'll go from my growing waddle
to learning to swaddle

filling his belly
so he don't yelly

yep, havin' a son will be great
& someday we'll all get to heaven's gate

to see the King of all glories
wow, the detail of all our stories!

we'll let you know when he is here
due in 6 weeks is pretty near!

Josh said...

Hey JD,

What is Tim’s new business? Can you give a witness?
I never heard what he’s doing, what was in his brain a stewing

Shannon2-24 said...

Terri-bo-berry,

For the compliment, I thank
Today I plan to go to the bank

To order checks with the new address
Hope they get the numbers right without a mess

Josh said...

Yes, Shannon’s rhyme was sweet, about our son whom soon we’ll meet
I’ll get to give him tasty treats, and tickle both his little feets
He may choose to eat some beef, I’ll let him decide. . he’ll be the chief

Nate said...

COLLEGE ALGEBRA TEST! Failed it bad...
I've been sick so I've missed alot of school. Had no idea the test was today...I thought it was next wednesday...and I a VERY SMALL idea of what I was doing on the test. But...the Lord will take care of me. I'm just hoping I don't lose the whole semester...

Josh said...

Naytron failed his algebra test, I’m sure he tried in very best
This is all that God required, from this rhyme he’ll be inspired
Maybe teach will let you retake, you were sick. . .not your mistake

Josh said...

Some math / algebra puns:

A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

The math teacher was hungry, but all she had to eat was a piece of pi.

He became a math teacher due to some prime factors.

A mathematician who was also a horticulturist was interested in prime roots, square roots, and trees in general.

Josh said...

Terri-bo-berry, one who claims to be as nice as a fairy
The words I speak are of my own, my words I have sown
I had not seen what you had said, my words come from my own head!

Josh said...

I don’t know if I can do it, rhyming rhyming. . . I must keep to it.



OK, I'll try. . .

jess said...

now its time for readin
while the baby I'm afeedin
Servant's rhymes are the bomb
He's cool as my mom
The prize he has took, he
should go bake a cookie

jess said...

pay attention, aged one
I can rhyme like a son of a gun
the rhyme was took, he
lined up with cookie

jess said...

Slam, Bam, Look out man, VF is back with the rhyme attack. Jack, don't talk no smack, it ain't wack, just doing what a pimp daddy does, just because he aint black don't mean he ain't all that, That's right I got the ryhme in time, worth more that a dime. 'cause I'm takin' you higher, fulling desire, the beats that you want, I'm Vanilla FIRE.

'cause the Ice is melted and the fires' been dealted.

Josh said...

I had to go to the DMV, to update my address you see
They had lost their connection to the mainframe, so from any changes they had to abstain
Back home, we had to roam
Now I’ll have to take off more time, on my own dime
Cookie man sure can rhyme, he does it like Prime Time

jess said...

I'll say it once more for the hard of hearing
The rhyme, it works with the words appearing
took, followed by HE
rhymes with cook followed by IE

Josh said...

Katie Katie, she’s a pretty good rhymen’ lady
Vanilla FIRE, he has the desire, but must continue to aspire
Jess Jess, she’s a mess, but she’s got a new baby, so that makes her blessed

jess said...

cookie - the word is lovely to my ear
cookie- it brings joy to straight and queer
cookie- like a symphony of chocolate
cookie- I could eat a lot of it


(harvy- it RHYMES. just rhyming multiple words with a single word-)

jess said...

I give props to the cookie man
because his rhymes have the upper hand
and if my praise a bounty acquires
it will be great, though not my desire

jess said...

vanilla flame
i know your name
you got my heart, it ain't no shame
I think it's great to be your dame

Beth said...

i don't have much to say
i stayed home sick today
to my Father i continue to pray
that the sickness will not stay

so now a nap i go to take
and see if in my dreams i can make
rhymes as good as all of you
that don't include words like mulligan stew

what in the world is muligan stew??!!!

Beth said...

mulligan stew:

if in golf a mulligan is a do over,
then maybe in food, a mulligan is leftovers.
left over meat loaf
left over spaghetti
left over green beans
and maybe some linguini

then add some rice
hopefully no mice
don't forget potatoes
and never put in frog's toes

that must be mulligan stew

8)

Beth said...

ok , that was pretty bad
it must be time for my nap

sleep clammy sleep
and awake with health to keep

good night bloggy friends

Josh said...

Rhyme from KJ-52:

i like saturdays and just waking up late / i like things right away cuz i don't like to wait / i like tasty cakes, and philly cheese steaks / and the tampa bay bucs and miami hurricanes (whuuuut,,,) / now i like my shoes clean with a fresh pair of jeans / and some rice and some beans and a box of krispy kremes / i like mt dew cuz i like caffeine / and the pistons and wolverines is my sports teams / i like the double double at the in and out burger / but i don't like mcdonalds they always mess up my order / i like my man sponge bob and home star runner / i like flip flops and tank tops in the summer / i like to make goofy faces when i smile for the camera / i like rock old school hip hop and mc hammer / i like xbox clean socks i like canada / but there's i want and this is what i'm asking ya / chorus / i love the way that God just takes a man / and then changes him gives him strength to stand / i love when the world says i ain’t got a chance / see i'm loving that you're the one that tells me i can / i love the fact that you just loved me first / you erased my past and freed me from the curse / and even at the times when i just act the worse / i love that ya take me back that i don't deserve / i love every time that i open your word / that i see in every line every chapter and verse / that your love made you die and that love that occurred / it left you crucified cuz your love for the world / and i love how you just love me so much / i love how you provide just more than enough / and with the rhyme that i say right now that i bust / see i like a lot of things but you're the one i love

Josh said...

Christian rapper. Click Here for web site.

We bought one of his CD (actually purchased the download, we don’t but CD anymore) for the first time a couple months ago and really like it. It’s good riding around, crusin’ music. Good lyrics, good beats.

Mama PC said...

ok - you guys have officially worn me out......

but, i'll have to give it up for the rhymesters........

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh said...

We dout to cruz to the DMV again, gonna give it a spin
We’ll listen to some KJ-52, and get a new license too

(OK that was kinda lame)
(Didn't get to read servants last one yet, gotta go)

Anonymous said...

By the way, Servant,

Hot rod does NOT like nuts. He may be a little nutty himself, but he does not like to consume them.

I have been reading your blogs and not wanting to interrupt the rhythmic prose, but my mind is too mushy to rhyme.

I think that should be the new man's day experiment. Seeing as the men are claiming to be the best poets, let them have a contest on the next men's day. The women can judge.

Beth said...

the clammy's awake
it's time for no napping
Denny's for Dinner
the signs keep announcing

the clam stretches her arms
thanks God for His healing
gets dressed for a long night
God's mercies she'll be singing

the rhyming is fun
for the clammy mind reading
but it take a lot of effort
to leave a little message for our friendlings

so maybe mommy-3's right
we should plan a contest
we'll have a sign up and everything
and see who puts the questions to rest

phew! that's a lot!
i better go now..
don't want to wear myself out
before the great pancake show down
(denny's that is )
8)

Mama PC said...

clammy -

your poetry was lacking
but not your heart's message,
keep silverwares clacking
those patrons you blessage

serve flapjacks with gladness
in adversity persevere
blessing people from all walks of life
calling out to ALL HEARING EAR

WHO gives you grace to serve with joy
and with mercy serve with smile
great energy and endurance
to make it through each mile

give a cup of cold water to the "losts" and "down lows"
for such as you do it to them
you are blessing the ONE WHO knows.

Mama PC said...

I think there's a tie betwixt Harvester's, Servants' and Jessica's rhymes...... all have their strong points......but all very amusing, pointed, and witty.

Josh, yours are amusing.....

Katies were great!

Hotrod, stick to the roads....... ha!


sivad, stick to the strings! ha!

i tried to go to sleep, but zzzz's would not buzz.....

so i'm back up.....checking the bluzzzzz

good night.....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

I bet Josharooni eats macarooni

Every night by the moonlight..

Terr-I-bo Berry

is gettin kinda hairy.........

Good night all

Yall have a ball

Stay up real late

bag o nuts I ate

Hot Rod will be lsat

that car sure moves fsat.

Mama PC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mama PC said...

v granny

you feeling any better???

Mama PC said...

Terri Bo Berry

I must beg to differ.

The cases you made
against Jess's "cookie, he"'s
do not stand up to poets' ideas over the centuries...see...
Read the Sonnets of the Portuguese
and you'll find that expert
poeticians bent the rules of these,
as long as meter and rhyme made the
best of these.....

I'm no good at my poetry tonight.....but just wanted to throw my two lines worth into the pot...or over the bonfre, for what they're worth.....

Won't someone PLEASE MAKE ME SHUT UP AND GO TO SLEEP!!!

Anonymous said...

I know that this is not original, but I revised it and my kids liked it.

Good night, sleep tight,
Don't let the bed bugs bite.

I wish I may, I wish I might
Have this wish I wish tonight.

Goodnight all!!!!

I had to stop saying this poem when my son started asking me, "Mom, what are bed bugs?" as he was looking around on his sheets.

I never thought about it before, but maybe that is why my kids don't like sleeping in their beds. Hum, I'll have to think about that one.

Beth said...

whoops!
that last one was supposed to be from me...not servant

hee hee
8)