Toby has a cold. Poor little baby. He was trying so hard to breathe all night and etc, etc....
It's so much easier to be sick in the daytime.
What is it about laundry? You run out of detergent for a day or two. No big deal, you think. I'll buy some tomorrow.
In the meantime, the laundry Exodus occurs. Every item of clothing, towel, and sheet makes its way to the laundry room.
You are casually thinking, man, I will be glad when I can wash some socks.
The day comes when the detergent is here and you must face your destiny.
And laundry is stacked to the ceiling.
Every item containing fabric is in there.
If I had detergent, and just didn't wash clothes for 3 days, this wouldn't happen. It is only when I am incapacitated that all heck breaks loose and everybody throws up and pees and wipes peanut butter hands on their shirts and such.
So the plan for the day... wash some big stuff like blankets so at least it looks better in there.
Monday, March 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
66 comments:
I could try to write a story of fiction, but I think my real life is just as exciting if not more than fiction.
They're not over here... maybe they went to Mexico
hi-d-ho!
mexico sounds nice; i wonder if it would be cheaper to hire someone to do your laundry if you lived in mexico......there you go...that's the answer, tell richy you need to move to mexico and hire someone to do laundry while you tend to the little ones.
8)
(keep in mind this needs to be the kind of moving that's like the kind of vacations granny takes---we'd miss you too much)
Hope Toby feels better soon. That'd be sad having a newborn sick & having trouble breathing, ya, especially at nighttime.
Good morning everyone.
I'm getting excited about our baby shower this Saturday! It'll be fun & special.
It's amazing, in a couple days, I'll be the same amount pregnant Jess was when she had Toby. Wow, my due date is coming fast.. we're gonna see ours soon.
Nice! You & D'Ana will get to come home to a clean house this evening. That'll be relaxing for sure!
Hey! White people can clean, too!
yeah, but white people tend to charge more---snobs!
8)
put it back, daniel!
hi terri
from what I've read...from a washer/dryer repair man...the washer actually eats the socks...they are the second most eaten thing...whats the first? Ladies chonies...they get eaten the most is what this guy said. Apparently the drain for alot of washers is under the agitator...when socks get in there, the agitator tends to work them into the drain, and then into the bowels of the washing machine. Although its not unheard of for a dryer to eat a sock, it is a little more unusual. It would have to make it into the lint trap. I DO know that when I helped Crystal and Randy move into their new apartment we found about 10 bucks worth of change in their dryer. Along with some of Merci's socks...the money was definatly more exciting though.
naytron
i must know what is a chonie?
and I agree clammy is a sweety-clam
chonies=undies in espanol
oh I love saying things in Spanish
sounds good servant...although...I'm not sure to the legality of it...but...why should that stop us? ;)
I dunno...but the enemy has his ways...
well..panhandlers get tickets for loitering...
I had no idea that I knew how to make chicken salad...its good good yummy...on some toast with a little mayo to make it stick to the bread...woo hoo! its not hard at all!
my wife...will..eat chicken salad...cuz I know how to make it...hehehe
all is quiet on the bloggin front...
all right back to the ol dryer
yaay!
clean laundry!
i can't wait to get home and change clothes.....
8)
hehehehehehehe
naytron,
you know an awful lot about washers and dryers!!!
i've never heard anyone actually answer that question before!!
ok
back to work everybody
(or at least me)
Naytron,
Thanks for the information. I guess that explains why my baby's socks get lost the most, they are the smallest. I rarely lose one of Steve's socks, but they are so large I doubt they could fit in the drain. You are full of some very useful information. But now that I know where they are going, how do I keep my socks from going down the drain? I've heard of little bags for delicates. Would it work for socks?
What happened to servant's story about mertle and nurd? It dissapeared.
HOW TO KEEP FROM LOSING SOCKS: take a strong saftey pin or one of those document clips..y'know the black ones that look like little mouths..and pinch really bad when you put them on you. Just take either of those..and pair the socks up together. two socks...especially when chunked together with some metal...are not easily sucked up by the drain of doom..
dad gum...no posts for an hour? CRAZY! Everyone must be doing laundry...or getting saftey pins...or making chicken salad..
mommy 3 and all others who have a sock monster in their washer -
have each child place their socks in their own garment bag for delicates...... and wash weekly!
make a fun art project out of the bag one day before starting to use it.....decorate it somehow with a ribbon...or use permanent ink to write their name on it..... or sew a decorative accent on it..... then......
TRAIN THEM to place the socks in the bag EACH DAY they take them off.....
and voila! you don't even have much sorting to do once they've gone through washer and dryer.....
why didn't i think of this when mine were young......???
(one year, me and papa jc had collected approximately 50 mate-less socks of all the family... approximately 30 white ones, 5 variants of black, one each of all the colors of the color wheel, and a few decorative socks...waiting for their spouse to return... anyway, after moving them from place to place and sorting through them for approximately one whole year trying to find their mates.......we made the decision to abort them! Threw them right out...... guess what...... about two months later, we found their other halves........ all of them!!! there must've been TWO piles of socks that never got together...... it was terrible....... oh well..... gave us something to do........
natron - don't do the safety pin thing..... it might work for a while, but takes the chance of the two socks pulling against one another and doing the splits (of threads) in the washer......
jess 0 sorry baby sick..... is he better this afternoon???
aaaahhhhhhhhh....home.....
...and clean clothes!
8)
Busy at work today, here’s some “On This Day in History”, including the end of the Alamo siege:
1808 - At Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the first college orchestra was founded.
1836 - The siege of the Alamo ended when Mexican troops under Santa Anna captured the mission fort garrisoned by Davey Crockett and 154 Texans.
1926 - In Tunis, Africa, the lead camel in a race took 12 minutes to go around the 3-1/8 mile course, that's an average of 3 minutes, 40 seconds a mile.
1930 - Prepackaged frozen food produced by the company set up by Clarence Birdseye went on sale for the first time in 10 stores in Springfield Massachusetts.
1953 - Georgy Malenkov succeeded Stalin as premier and first secretary of the Soviet Communist Party.
1972 - Jack Nicklaus, passed Arnold Palmer to become golf’s all-time, money winner. Nicklaus won the Doral Eastern Open golf tournament to make his career earnings $1,477,200.
1981 - Walter Cronkite said “And that’s the way it is” for the last time, as he closed the "CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite". An estimated 17,000,000 viewers saw ‘the most trusted man in America’ sign-off, when Cronkite retired after over 30 years in broadcasting. He was replaced by Dan Rather.
i have to say that all the sock information today has been very helpful; i think i will find a way to stop losing socks!
8)
mamapc
your sock story made me want to cry....so many wonderful socks....gone.....pointlessly.......it's so sad.......
sniff sniff
but, clammy - don't cry - when you have a family of five - and three are children - it's not unusual to lose 50 socks in one year.....especially if the family is busy with both parents very involved in school and work activities, along with the kids' school stuff.....
we haven't lost that many socks in a very long time......
i have one friend who had two teenaged boys and her husband - she solved the problem quite nicely. She only bought ONE TYPE OF SOCK that all 3 men were to wear...... and she NEVER matched socks..... she just washed them and dried them and threw them in a basket on top of the dryer...and whenever THEY wanted some more clean socks, they came and got their own.......never having a problem of "matching" socks. Quite inventive, I should say...
very smart stuff
You should all just put a sock in it!
har har har. . .kidding.
oh, by the way, may not wash the socks...but i do put the socks in the basket----i can use a delicates bag pretty efficiently...
8)
Clam - in the economy of a family of five - if each person wears one pair per day... that equals... 35 pairs per week!!! (if you only do laundry once per week).... so, when hand-me-downs make their ways frequently to young families, and little kids wear their socks without shoes barefooted in the dirt.... it's not so terrible to lose a few here and there....
Yo MPC,
Get that website for checking out the Seattle bus line routes?
haha, mpc
8)
my mom always used old socks to clean the bathroom
hehe
ok gotta go!
hope to see you clams at worship tonight....
hint hint
8)
FACT: Your feet produce about one whole cup of sweat per day.
This subject really stinks!
har har har
josh squash -
we got info on bus lines, but decided to go ahead and rent a small car the last two days of our stay there. there was no bus close to the cottage where we'll be relaxing - so, we decided we wanted the option to be able to go out to eat without walking 2 miles to a bus terminal! the owner of the cottage recommended that.
the rest of the trip is planned...
we are looking so forward to the trip
fly into Seattle, stay downtown...
next a.m. on a train at 7 a.m. and will tour to Vancouver for two nights.. next morning on a Greyhound Bus for the ferry ride over to Victoria, Vancouver Island...for two nights.....then back to Seattle via Clipper Ship and will rent the car for the next two nights of non-eventful hot-tubbing and gazing out onto Puget sound in our private little new cottage/bednbreakfast.....
We'll be on cloud NINE!!! Never done anything like this before...
sivad!!! how are you??? how's your upper respiratories??? eyes???
my EAR is still stopped up, but giving evidence of unstopping just this afternoon...... i can't wait..... tinnitus can drive a person insane, they say.....
josh!@@@ i don't believe the whole cup of sweat theory!!! where is there proof???
yuck!
sivad - what's at Pikes???
Cool! I thought the rental car was a good idea when I saw it was a mile walk to the terminal. Awesome, you've got your plans all done. That really sounds like a good time you have planned. Now you just wait. . . . tick tock, tick tock. . .
Pike's, isn't that where they throw the fish. I've heard it's pretty cool to watch.
MPC- I may have to copy your little tour trip in the future for us. It really sounds nice.
Prepare to be astounded by the facts on sweaty feet I'm about to post.
squash - look up Victorian Clipper Ships Tours..... we may have been able to get things a bit cheaper, but with going into Canada, we wanted the assurity that all arrangements would be made in advance for us.....
TWENTY-FIVE YEARS OF WEDDED B L I S S !!!!!
We are getting our "documents" in order for customs.......
Well, now we're going to have to start saving for our food expenditures while there.... our budget it about spent! but, with the bed and breakfasts....... we can eat the breakfasts in the mornings...... save the biscuits for lunch.....and eat the mattress for supper!!!
I was quoting someone else when I said your feet can produce about a cup of sweat a day, but I was wrong. . . IT’S WAY MORE. Each foot can produce more than a pint of sweat per day! Sine you have two cups in a pint, that means each foot can actually give off TWO CUPS of sweat per day, or a grand total of four cups a day together. Can you say yummy!
-We have more than 250,000 sweat glands on each foot
-Your feet are among the most perspiring parts of the body.
-In one day, each foot can produce more than a pint of sweat!
-Sweat is basically just salt and water, though, so it doesn't have a distinctive smell of its own.
-The smell is actually caused by bacteria on our skin that eats the sweat and excretes waste that has a strong odor.
Here’s the actual web page I took from.
Great stories from the servant and great facts from Josharooni..
Wow, Shannon is 8 1/2 months already?
WOW
Off to CTK.........YIPPEEEE
Sorry, I had to redo that post because of a typo that said, “Each foot can produce a pint of swear per day.” Not only can your feet smell like the potty, they can have a potty mouth also!
well, i'm going to bed now..... these 4:30 risings are quite early.....and i didn't sleep too well last night since i drank 3 cherry cokes Sunday at lunch, took a 3 HOUR NAP Sunday afternoon......and I'm on a medication that includes 24 hours dose of sudafed...... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
good night all... I SHALL sleep tonight...............
kat - call me sometime, i need to speak with you... between the hours of 3:15 and 7:15..... or Wednesday 10-ish.....to 7:15-ish.....
ok - love to you all.....and may your socks stay married.....
Holy Laundry-Mat-rimony......
hey everybody!!!!
i can't say this strongly enough!!!!!!!
tomorrow is the very LSAT chance!!!!!!!!!!
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
if you don't know what we're voting for go to
www.co.montgomery.tx.us/election
Wow!
God is so kewl!
He is really cleaning us up and getting us in shape.
Such an awesome meetin....
SO JOSH
what you're sayin is...
it's not the sweat that stinks...
it's all the bacteria poop
that's great!
thanks.
8)
granny
i was going to hug you
and then...
poof you were gone...
so here's a hug...hurry and catch it!
8)
I got to hug on the servant but you were not to be located....
I have been sick and feeling very tired and worn out....and headachey ect.....so I was ready to get home and sleep...
It was great getting a Holy Spirit Super Charge..I can now conguer the world...and it was great to get the reminder......to pay attention to when He leaves...
Alot of MEAT tonight.
:0)
granny,
feel better soon, ok?
we have a big trip this weekend....
i've been saving water
8)
Good cuz we will need it.......
I might not be sick....maybe I am suffering from allergies.
I am going to call and get some samples tomorrow from Dr. Quack Quack and see if that works.
I understand that sometimes allergies can make you run fever...
did not know that..
Sure hope Tb is not sick sick.
Just a little cold and already gettin better......right?
:0)
I sure need to be gettin outta town soon....so I better get back to bet and rest up.
Happy is already saving up water jugs incase we over-heat.
Good Mornin Berr-I
I too woke up dad gum HOT about 3ish.......I chose to kick off all the covers and turn on the ceiling fan and lay there....HEAT wave at 3am. Another frist.
Post a Comment