Saturday, March 04, 2006

today

Oh boy... today some Radiants are coming over to paint the studio and
do musical things. I love my Radiants.

And Daniel's grilling some burgers. This is the first barbecue grill we
have ever owned, and what a marvelous invention it is. WHY does food
taste so good grilled?
Very interesting spontaneous rhyming day yesterday. Let's never do that
again.

56 comments:

Mama PC said...

servant, be blessed
clammy, you too......glad you're feeling better...

jess, i'll be a-waitin' to smell them burgers wafting over the airwaves down this a-way..... yum.....grilled anything is great.....

i feel so much better today. must conquer this house which has been much-neglected.

everyone live in God's grace today... and love with His love....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

I am still sick, but it has changed.

I don't have such a bad headache, just a headache,and I might not have any fever, but my throat is so scratchy and my entire body is achy....but I am feeling much better.

I came home to sleep and drink hot green tea with garlic, so that I can be well and trvl to the land of pears.

don't really feel like going anywhere at all but Rob and Steph do not get out much and they need the break, and if I do not breath or kiss on anyone, and if I wash my hands constantly, then I can leave without spreading my germs.

I just hope that Izzy likes his big sisters as much as they say. He is very very attached to his mommy.

Beth said...

good afternoon all

hotrod, if i remember right, you're racing somewhere today...hope it's great! let usk know

looks like everyone's being productive on this beautiful saturday

just wanted to say hello

see most of you tomorrow

Anonymous said...

It looks like hotrod can fix his seal problem and the races are on again. Please pray for his safety and his car's safety.

Beth said...

yaaaay!
go hotrod!

Beth said...

yaaaay!
go hotrod!

Beth said...

did something happen to the blogger???

nobody's talking all day...

BethC said...

amen sister jess...never ever never let such rhyming runamuck.

wow race car driving....incredible and inconceivable....
we did taxes....invigorating when it is done.....

hallelujah

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Hey guys!

How was church this marnin?

Mama PC said...

hotrod, thanks to God you were safe in all that crazy racing stuff!!! you'd better be careful!!! hey, thanks for all the advice about Hannah's car and such..... I know you and Papa JC have been talking...it's nice to know there's someone with some car knowledge close by...

Mama PC said...

jess, what was the scoop? did i see gential violet stains in somebody's little mouth? hannah was my only baby that i had to use that on...and my is it a mess!

he's getting SO big! looks so good!

Mama PC said...

missed you vkg? were you in pears-ville?

Mama PC said...

where did you get THAT picture??? smak! yes, church meeting was good this mornin'

missed you there. didn't see Sandy either... is she okay???

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Hernandez and I decided to hi-tail-it to Mehico and see if we could find some bargains. It was such a long trip and so warm.......and we didn't have many pesos so we turned back and started headin home

Viking Granny!!!! said...

It was kinda exciting.....we thought we could cross over near da vallee.......but that is such a long trip....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

We also thought that we could kill two birds with one stone.

We have been talkin bout hittin the "stairway to Heaven" in New Mexico at the Nun place. We have talked about it for about 5 years now and so we decided to go ahead and stop all the yakity yak yak and actually do some of the things that we have spent so long talkin bout.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

We worshiped God all the way there.

Sandy is a big fan of Rita Springer

She lets me drive because she calls me a confident driver.......

It makes it easier for me to sit so long if I can actually "do" something. Driving works for me.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

My neighbor Gertrude, watched the house and fed my German while I was gone. Sandy has so many people around her house that everything is fine while she is gone.

Her crew are all so reliable.

Sandy was so silly. She misses Juan so much whenever they are not together. It is almost sickening.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Robert calls them San and Juanny, instead of Juan and Sandy.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

There is also supposed to be the worlds biggest ball of yarn somewhere, and I wanted to see that on the way........but all Sandy cares about is that "Stairway to Heaven"

She is kind of obsessed with it.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Some nuns 200 years ago needed a staircase to get up to the bellfry or the loft....(ask Juanny for the acurate info) and they didn't have a clue so they prayed and there were not any nails invented yet so it was really kewl...this drifter showed up and built them a spiral staircase better than they could have imagined and then he disappeared....When they examined the staircase it was made with little bitty dow rod type nail like things....it was a real miracle. Now it is a tourist attraction........and the nuns charge many pesos to see it.....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

So Sandy and I put our heads together and counted our pennies and bought a new tire and got my oil changed and headed on down the road..

Viking Granny!!!! said...

We had to stop for lunch and dinner and breakfast the next morning and gas, gas and more gas.

We stopped and looked @ cactuses or Cacti....and we saw a real road runner....they are alot smaller than the one that the cayote chases on cartoons.

Have ya'll ever seen a albino lizard in the desert? Pretty kewl.

There was no over heated cars in this adventure but I did think alot about Connie and Floyd crossing the desert years ago with their little kids......

They turned it into such a fun trip even though they got stranded.

The kids remember it as one of the best vacations.

I heard Charles preached pretty dad gum good this morning.


Instead of a blog poetry day, we could have a "blog day of fiction"

We could take turns fabricating all kinds of stuff, like trips to Mexico ect. What do you think?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

It is kind of early to be lsat already......but who knows. It might be ME!

Georgia said...

Ok, truth or dare

Did VKG and Sandy actually go to Mexico or is this an imaginary trip?

Georgia said...

Sort of like that walmart stalker thing, not quite sure all of the information is totally accurate, if you know what I mean....

Georgia said...

Although the roadrunner sighting is pretty convincing. and Sandy missing Juan all the way to Mexico and back is totally Sandy... but the rest... I dont know.

Georgia said...

And I thought you were soooo sick VKG... Hmmm, Your credibility is leaking fast....

Georgia said...

Besides when you left you were an ugly green dog and now you are a cute little puppy...
What does it all mean?

Sherlock? Ideas?

jess said...

It's all true. I saw her in Mexico.





Also I saw a robot female traveling in a suspicious pink Cadillac if you get my drift

Georgia said...

Well gotta go burn another dinner for Mike, check yall later.

Georgia said...

Also the people you use to vouch for you are REALLY suspicious, Hey , didnt I buy drugs from you in the 70's?

Georgia said...

I dont want to hear about your novias batboy.

jess said...

She was with the King

Georgia said...

VKG, are you reading this? have you been hanging out with Elvis again? Juan is NOT going to like this.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Who is going to argue with BATBOY?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

You know Juanny does have a crush on Elvis, and John Travolta in "Grease".. John has gained 50 pounds and has his hair all different now, but Sandy did want to check out the Elvis rumours while we were out....howdya know.?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Female Robot?

Gallery furniture has the pink Cadilac now, but wassup with the girly robot.....I dont get the drift....wind all blew outtame in Mehico..


Johnny Lang is a very nice sounding voice....We met him on the way back home.. Man he sounds like a black man but he is mr. honky whitey McWhite.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Tomorrow is Skinny Monday!

Da more ya no da harder itis.

I recently found out that Chocolate Milk does NOT cut it.......

Dad gummit....I wanda if smoothies are ok?

I seem to remember something about bananas and blenders....so maybe Chocolate milk IS ok...


HMMMMmmm

Beth said...

granny
next time you go to mexico, can i come? your trip sounded great!

8)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

There is always room for a happy little clam......

Beth said...

thanks granny

8)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Is Johnny Lang really a new baby Christian?

Beth said...

johnny lang

http://www.thunderstruck.org/lang.htm

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Thanks Bethy!

I will check that out real quick.

Beth said...

hey granny

i saw an ad in the paper for a cook for mcwc

know anything about it?

i think i know someone who would be perfect for it.......like 8 years experience or something

Viking Granny!!!! said...

WOW..........now I know why he sounds so black. He has a beautiful voice and his next album will be a gospel album.

Yippeeee

Beth said...

8)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Beth, Andyolas last day at work is Wednesday. The JOB is for his......

so there are 4 jobs available at MCWC that I know of.

Cook at shelter and 2 partime cashiers and one partime male to help with furniture....

Know anyone for the others?

Cook can send resume to JenniferS@mcwcthewoodlands.org

Others
EvaJ@mcwcthewoodlands.org


Thanks for asking.

Who in the world is going to read the blog at 10;15 on a Sunday night?

Never know.

Maybe someone who would really like to do one of these jobs.

cook is full time with benifits

the ones I need are all three part time jobs.

Beth said...

i'll keep my ears open

the cook position really stood out though

i'll definitely send someone your way if i can

8)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Night all.........

I need to make a copy of this Johnny Lang song for work.

I know it is too early to be LSAT but tomorrow we can FSAT

Put our flesh on the back burner
so we can listen and be "learners"

Jess wants no more ryme
and its already bed time

So after while crocodile
see ya later aligator

:0)

Beth said...

ok, well i think i better start considering bedtime

granny, maybe you'll be lsat if hotrod goes to bed early

happy traveling; don't forget to take me with you

8)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Beth, how bout next weekend?

We can go anywhere you want to go.

You name it......and your sweet heart can make us lots of slightly under-cooked chocolate chip cookies with white chocoale chips AND Huge chocolate chocolate chips....NO NUTS. Pack extra bottles of H2O also, ok? Incase we overheat in the desert on the way....you never know.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

$20,000 year.....$21,500 if you are bi-lingual or tri-lingual...

other JOBs $7 pr hour


LSAT!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

FRIST

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Solido Verno,,,,,,,

Weren't you that little guy in the yellow sambraro always pretending to be napping on the sidewalk?

Every time we left a place of business, their seemed to be a sleeping yellow hat near.

Or was that you that kept following us around and asking for bubble gum?