Friday, March 31, 2006

Upstairs

do not open until the other one is past 100 comments.
I'm off to the metropolis.

92 comments:

Beth said...

FRIST!


OK I should definitely get some kind of bloggie for that!!!


see y'all later!

8)

Nate said...

oh no! I'm too late! I tried guys...I tried to stop the madness

Beth said...

haha! nice try!

i'm glad i got someone's attention though

that was a lot of effort!

8)

Beth said...

and now i'm about to have to leave again

naytron, i want to thank you for talking to me while i'm here.

it really means a lot

8)

i hope you and your lovely hot dog have a great afternoon!

8)

Josh said...

Some people just get desperate to win things.

= )

Josh said...

This Day in History:

1492 - Jews in Spain were given three months to accept Christianity or leave.

1870 - In the United States, Thomas Peterson-Mundy became the first black to vote under the Fifteenth Amendment (passed by Congress in February 1870) which required all Southern states to allow blacks to vote.

1880 - The first electric street lights installed by a municipality were turned on in Wabash, Indiana.

1889 - The Eiffel Tower in Paris was inaugurated.

1918 - For the first time, Daylight Saving Time went into effect throughout the United States. People sprung ahead an hour, allowing for longer early evenings. The time change gave enough light for many activities in farming areas. Planting could best be done with an extra hour of sun. In the fall, clocks went back an hour to Standard Time.

1923 - The first dance marathon was held in New York City. Dancer Alma Cummings established a world's record by remaining on her feet for 27 hours.\



Born Today:
1929- Liz Claiborne
(and all the ladies say “hallelujah!!”)

Josh said...

Happy- We've done long distance Scrabble over the internet with my parents and a co-worker I had in IL and it's fun. We'll have to make the Monopoly game happen.

Josh said...

Some useless knowledge:


"I am" is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

In 1918 and 1919, a world epidemic of simple influenza killed 20 million people in the United States and Europe.

The mouse is the most common mammal in the United States.

From 1941 until 1950, violet was part of the color mixture for "M&M's"® Plain Chocolate Candies. Violet was replaced by tan.

Some crickets burrow megaphone-like tunnels that help transport the sound of their chirps as far as 2,000 feet away.

In Hazelton, Pennsylvania, there is a law on the books that prohibits a person from sipping a carbonated drink while lecturing students in a school auditorium.

Josh said...

It's a slow afternoon at work. It doesn't happen often, but here it is.

Nate said...

what do the following have in common?

Alphabet blocks
Chocolate-chip cookies
Circular saw
Dishwasher
Electric hot water heater
Elevated railway
Engine muffler
Fire escape
Globes
Kevlar
Liquid Paper®
Locomotive chimney
Paper-bag-making machine
Rotary engine
Scotchgard™ fabric protector
Street-cleaning machine
Submarine lamp and telescope
Traffic Signals
Windshield wiper

Josh said...

I got it, they are all on your list?


Hmm, I'll have to think on this one.

Josh said...

They're all usless without people to operate them?

Nate said...

nooo...try again

Nate said...

well..I have to go...I might be back late tonight. We've got RG. So...you'll get the answer next time I'm on!

Josh said...

hmmm, good guess

Josh said...

They would all vote for servant as lamest cut downer.

BethC said...

pray for the peace of Jerusalem

secure our borders

drink more water

strange how ratking and batboy show up simutaneously

peace
and tata

Josh said...

Well, then I accept your gracious complement. Thank you!

I do get most of them from a website, but I say puns all the time in normal conversation. I’m well known for it. Some people laugh, some people cry.

When I first came to Jesus, I had to watch the cut downs myself, so I totally understand what you’re saying.

Josh said...

PS. I was only joking about calling you lame cause your not.

It's been cool getting to know you and clammy more on the blog. It'll be cool seeing you next time we're in TX. We'll feel like we know you more than we did last Oct. when we saw you for a little.

Josh said...

And when we saw you at the Jere & Mere wedding. I guess we have seen you two a number of times, just haven’t “known” you a whole lot.

Josh said...

Yum, we're having Alaskan Cod fillets for dinner. Not sure if I’ll fry or bake them yet.

Probably fry.

I’ll make some of those potato wedges I spoke of last night.

And some type of veggie. Asperigus spears would go good with it, but we don’t have any. Maybe peas and corn mix.

OHYEAH, and we just bought a fresh pineapple. Gonna cut that tasty thing up and have some sweet pineapple for dessert. Fresh pineapple is one of my most favorite things!

Josh said...

I really didn't have a secret. I was just going to say I couldn't tell you on the blog because then everyone else would know and it wouldn't be a secret.

That's great that Christopher is feeling better! Prise the Lord!

Josh said...

I won't be on for a while. Doing tax filing related stuff, then Shannon will be home soon with groceries to carry in, then we're gonna try to call John & Val, and then dinner timish.

Josh said...

Katie
Look at Shannon's other pictures on her blog

kepthearts.blogspot.com

Later

Josh said...

Katie- it's been awhile since we've talked to John & Val and the number I have is disconnected. Can you e-mail me or Shannon the number you have for them?

Josh said...

Got it, thanks for letting me know.

Georgia said...

I figured out what they all have in common. The list starts with alphabetical letters in the first letter. In other words it is in alphabetical order. That could be the only thing they have in common

jess said...

powerful ministry tonight...hijacking a church lobby computer
Peace and chicken grease
and some gravy for servant

Josh said...

Hi Servant,
We just got off of the phone talking with some friends.. now he is making dinner.. fried fish, yum!

I can relay messages for him! bring it on.

Shannon2-24 said...

ya, that was me writing..
so bring it on

Shannon2-24 said...

HI! Ya, we did.. we talked for over an hour & a 1/2.. mostly with Val.. then John at the end when he got home from work. It was great to catch up & talk about our lives, work, babies, upcoming labor, getting ready for babies, etc.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Shannon, You are so beautiful....

I love your pic.

Shannon2-24 said...

Thank you!!
Did you see more on my blog?

Shannon2-24 said...

I really like my pics! Special for memories!

Shannon2-24 said...

Mrs. M-
It worked- I could see your comment.. thank you so much!

There will be someone else pregnant while you are.. probably.. it's okay.. I wonder who it'll be?? It'll be special even if you don't know anyone that is, yet I understand wanting that.

Shannon2-24 said...

Baby Peterson moved A LOT today.. guess it takes awhile to get adjusted with the cramp quarters he has..

Shannon2-24 said...

Happy Clam-
When you see this.. ya that'll be fun to play a game on network/online..
besides monopoly, what are some other games you like to play?

We have scrabble & scattergories if you like those?

hmm, just come up in June.. let's do this in person.. hee hee, maybe someday : D

Shannon2-24 said...

Not for sure yet..
Have another idea, yet still thinking/praying..

Shannon2-24 said...

K, it's yummy fried fish time..
gotta go fill my belly..

later!! w/ love!!

Viking Granny!!!! said...

I thought it was going to be Joshua Craige Peterson

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Craige Josharooni Jr?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Who is MRS MEYERS?


Who is RATKING?

Batboy? Who else is ANONYMUS?

Shannon2-24 said...

Mrs Meyer is Katie.

Suspicions and accusations have flown as to who Ratking and Batboy are, but no one come out of the closet.

Where or where did servant go? Whatcha need my man?

Mama PC said...

hey all - i'm checking in before i go back to bed..... already had a nap toNIGHT!!! but woke up with it very hot in this house and linds and john just a talking away....... couldn't go right back to sleep, so am checkin in here... maybe I'LL BE LSAT!

Shannon2-24 said...

. . . or maybe not. . .


Jacov- I have an idea who you be.

Mama PC said...

i've always wondered about ratthing and bat king, but who is this jacov one??? jacob walsh??? jacob matthews? do we have any other jacobs in the midst?

i don't like anonomi.....

want them to stand up and say WHO THEY IS!!!

Josh said...

Those last two posts were from me, not from Shannon, we gotta get this straight.

I know who Jacov is!

Josh said...

maybe I don't know who Jacov is then.

Does Jacov actually have anything to do with your name?

Josh said...

Yeah, I could end up saying something that embarrasses her. . . or even incriminates her.

I'm having fried Alaskan Cod withdrawal. MAN THAT WAS GOOD. This is the third time we've gotten this new cod, and my frist time frying it. SO GOOD! very tasty.

Mama PC said...

katie - aka Mrs. Meyer.....

i been checking email - but checked back here to see if i might be lsatarooni tonight......

ha!

ctk withdrawal hummm??? that sounds pretty bad.....

you commented about hannah working with birds...... she isn't working with any birds coming from outside this aviary....they breed and ship from here, so there should be NO germs here of strange kinds..... no worry....

is there not a church there where you live where you can get plugged in while you are there???

Josh said...

Trader Joe's

I don't think they have those down yonder it Texas. It's a small market type place that has mostly natural and organic food. Like chicken and beef from animal that weren't injected with growth hormones and all wild caught fish. They have a lot of good unique stuff too.

Mama PC said...

compee tition....... ha ha haaaaaaaa har har hardy har har

i SHALL be lsat tonight!!!

Mama PC said...

j peg is out tonight..... rg - then to taco bell

you all continue to pray for this rg group.....

Mama PC said...

do you live close to 2nd Bapt? call their offices and ask when homegroups are and which ones are close to your apt... you need to get hooked in..... to a small group so you'll have community down there with believers..ynow?

Mama PC said...

tick
tick
tick

Mama PC said...

i slept already tonight from 8 p.m. - 10:20 p.m. - then got woke up from being too hot under the nice blanket papa jc put on me on the couch where i felt to schleep......

now, wasting time and trying to get sleepy again......

and wanting to be LSAT!!!

Josh said...

Move along


Nothing to see here!

Mama PC said...

interesting thing happened today at work..... a nurse who has very oppressed and depressed and crying and very upset last month (who i prayed for and tried to encourage) ended up speaking words of wisdom and words of encouragement to S.Shluter and I today..... we were all in tears in the break room...... all talking about teenage boys and what to do, how to pray, how to handle, etc......

it was just interesting to me that this nurse (who i've just barely gotten to know) was speaking truth to me and sharon..... i didn't even know SHE was a Christian.....

interesting......

Josh said...

So we know we have 5 here, maybe 6 if Jacov is still around

and the ever alusive beebow could be lurking.

It'll be a good ol' shoot out

Someones gonna get it!

Mama PC said...

tickity tock



tickity tock

Mama PC said...

tick
tick
tick
tick




tock
tock
tock
tock

Josh said...

tester

Mama PC said...

tick

Josh said...

Lsat

Lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat lsat

Josh said...

I win

Lsat

Lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat lsat

Mama PC said...

lsat?

Josh said...

You the big ol loser
Lsat

Lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat lsat

Josh said...

Lsat

Lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat

Lsat lsat lsat lsat

Josh said...

Penguins ALWAYS win!

Josh said...

Oh my goodness, Shannon just started having contractions!!! It’s time folks!!!

































































Oh wait. . . April Fools . . . = )

Come on, you know it was funny!

Josh said...

"Attention Kroger shoppers! We are giving away free 5 tier cakes, and all our pastries in the bakery. Come and get it!"

Then when everyone gets there, you just point at them all and start laughing. . . "April fools".

Yep, that's what I would do. . I think.

Mama PC said...

who you bee, jacov? mathews or walsh???

come on..... tell us...

katie - it bothers me too, when there are mysteries afloat...

i'm going to bed now.....schleepy again.....

gnite servant and katie and beth and hotrod.....get some zzz's

Josh said...

Uh oh Hotrod. I entered waaaaaay down, then said "Oh wait. . .April Fools."

Mama PC said...

oh, and goodnight josh and shannon......

although, with what shannon's cooking and all the shopping and prep work..... she's about ready to hatch that bun in the oven.....

:-)

i miss the days of pregnancy..... can't wait til my girls start bee-ing mommies...... and i can be a round babies again - GRANDBABIES!!!

Josh said...

We'll take you praying for a short easy labor, for when it happens.

We are doing an at home birth, so no going to the hospital for us. The midwife will come here. It's going to be really special.

Mama PC said...

shannon - this post is for you and me.... 12/14

Mama PC said...

oh, thank you jacov, whoever you bee......

Josh said...

MamaPC- Shannon says got it *wink*

Hotrod- Just want to make sure you got that that was an April Fools. . . got it?

Servant- something you wanted to say or ask earlier when you ask if I was still here.

Mama PC said...

speaking of walmarts and pregnancy...... right at the end of my preg with jeremiah.....i got locked accidently in a bathroom stall ...... couldn't get the little lock opened.....it was late at night, close to clsing time...and i was so big it was hard to crawl under the door of the stall....... i was panicking!!! weird feeling..... i started calling out loudly for someone to help me..... no one came...... scary feeling - all alone......and stuck in a WLAMART bathroom stall!!! AND TO FAT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!

Josh said...

MPC- That explains everything! It all makes sense now, the trauma and all.

Josh said...

MPC- so how'd you get out

Mama PC said...

I did ACTUALLY HAVE TO CRAWL UNDER THE DOOR OF THE STALL..... I WAS HORRIFIED!!! have you ever considered putting your hands down on the floor of a bathroom stall at a walmart......and being pregnant...... and my knees on the floor, scooting under that stall, trying to squish my big belly through the little area...... not a pretty sight....... glad my girls weren't with me at that time... and it was before the time of cellophones........

can you all remember the time before cell phones??? how did we live???

Mama PC said...

i have a lots of crazy stories in my life......

the longer you nkow me, the more you'll hear......

nyack nyack nyack..

i'm getting weirder and weirder and it's time to put my head to the pillow.....

plus, papa jc is probably in there sawing logs and i don't want to miss out on the excitement!!!

ha!!!!!!!!!

Josh said...

When I did cabinets, I did a good/bad April Fools joke that some of the other guys were in on. I was in the store room, which is right next to the boss’ office. I threw down a scrap piece of solid surface stuff and it shattered LOUD. Oh, I also had ketchup ALL OVER my arm already. The boss came flying out of the office and I was on the ground moaning and the other guys were around me acting like I was hurt and all. Boss was going “are you ok, Josh, Josh?” I was like “I think so. . . . wait” then I swiped the ketchup with my finger and ate it, then said, “wait this stuff tastes like ketchup!”

Yeah, he was very VERY hot about it.

Mama PC said...

and i love you my servant-sunshine......

you are a fun son we have adopted at such an advanced age.....

i'm so proud of you......

see you tamale at 1 for rehearsical.......

anyone else up for fun singing and praise and worship for Easter/Resurrectino Sunday, please join us for practice at 1 p.m. Sat at ctk...

thanks mere and beth for your help/calls in the TRIBE

must have zzzzzzzz's.......




and sawdust.......

happy APRIL one...

Mama PC said...

click

Mama PC said...

now you hear a dial tone.....cause i have hung up the phone.....

Josh said...

Good night all. Lots of fun, you all are.

Blessings & Love,
Josharoo and Shannon too

Viking Granny!!!! said...

WOW.........how many comments is the most that there has ever been before Jess posts?

Wonder when she will get back to another computer....

Viking Granny!!!! said...

She probably thought that she was leaving planty of space to last all weekend and it is all GONE in less than 24hours....

Beth said...

terri berri

are you up yet?

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Who am I Chopped Liver?