Tuesday, April 04, 2006

John Allen

Most of you know John was in a bad accident at work and is in the
hospital with numerous injuries. The latest update from his mom, this
morning at 12:13 am

beth
said...
incredible progress
thanx to all and glory to God
Chris& Natalie are visiting with him and John is talking, eating&;drinking
little or no pain
injuries currently stabalized
Praise Him!




also: new pix of the clarks on the pix page

44 comments:

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Praise GOD!

Josh said...

Good Morning,

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

God is with the Allen family, God is with each of us, the sun is shining, and today is a new day.

Won’t you be my neighbor?


PS. From Shannon’s check-up yesterday- no dilation, so we still justa wachn’ the clock and waiting.

BethC said...

John's surgery on his right leg at 10 am this morning at St.Elizabeth Christus Hospital in Beaumont
it is supposed to take approximately 3 hrs
thanx for your prayers

Josh said...

Watched Mr. Rogers some, but not too much. My mom was OK with him, but dad didn’t like his softness, if you know what I mean. I mostly remember him from when I was older and would see him and watch some out of curiosity. I found out later that he was a Christian and just really loved kids.

jess said...

yeah... Toby is really sick.

we're just trying to deal with it... he can hardly breathe

jess said...

I don't know if we can... he has been crying and gasping all morning.. we might have to get meds and go straight home

Beth said...

toby , be healed!

Josh said...

Alberto calls me the allergic NERDY type while having such a self incriminating picture!? Hmm. . .

jess said...

we have a drs appt today at 1

Nate said...

no allergies here! Just a problem with getting over colds...thats all.

Nate said...

I have a question. I'm looking for a good song to do a duet with a girl...two voices, two guitars...I can do SOME arrangment if I need to. Any ideas? MAMA PC? Linds Han? anyone?

Nate said...

hmm...hard guitar parts...I'm not familiar with the second song there Katwoman

Nate said...

those are good duets...but they're all "big music" lots of strings lots of "there ness" lots of instruments and whatnot to make a big sound. We've got two guitars and two voices. Thats it...thanks anyway!

Josh said...

How about “YMCA” or “Sittn’ on the Dock of the Bay”?

Or even better “Jeremiah Was a Bull Frog”? I’d love to hear a girl get after that one with a raspy voice.

I don’t have any real ideas for just guitars and two voices, but will think. Shannon’s cousin and his wife hid “You Life Me Up” for Shannon’s grandparent’s 50th anniversary party, but it was just them singing with an accompaniment track. It sounded good. But it would be lots of instruments to make it work live.

Nate said...

I know chris rice did a good duet...i'm not sure with whom though, nor can I recall the name of the song. I've thought about doing a rich mullins song or delirious. I don't know. Delirious and Amy Grant did a great rendition of "Find me in the River" but I can't seem to find the actual song to get the harmony parts down...this is turning out to be harder than I thought it would..

Josh said...

I have the Delirious and Amy Grant- Find Me in the River. It’s from a whole CD of duets that I just remembered that we have. I’m about to go on lunch and I can get the info and let you know. Are you into buying music downloads cause maybe I can find it for you and you can download it and burn it.

Nate said...

I can do it on itunes..but I don't have an account anywhere else

Nate said...

funny...probably not...probably best to stay away from funny. Its a talent offering. I'm not interested in entertaining anyone really...my generation has plenty of entertainment as it is..

Josh said...

Naytron- The album is called "It Takes Two" and it has the Amy Grant Delerious one. I download from Wal Mart and MSN's music services and couldn't find it on either. It's probably not popular enough, so you may have to order it or see if you can get it local.

It also has Audio Adrenaline and Jennifer Knapp doing "It Is Well With My Soul".

I think find me in the river would be good. Not entertaining like you said and very worshipful.

Josh said...

I got it for Shannon for her B Day or Christmas at a book store in IL.

Josh said...

Naytron-
ChristianBook.com has it for download by track, .99 cents each. Sweet!

Here ya go: Click Here

Nate said...

ah..I have the audio adrenaline song...its on one of their cds that I have. The Delirious version is on iTunes..yay!

Josh said...

Cool, glad you found it.

Josh said...

Another Free Tech Lesson by Josharoo:

You may notice at the bottom of the blog that Jessica’s “hit counter” just passed 30k. This doesn’t mean that this blog has actually been hit (viewed) 30k times. The hit counter on this blog is not a true hit counter. A true hit counter reads your IP (Internet Protocol) address when you go to a site. It logs the IP address and will only count you as a hit each day you go to the site. So, you could go to the site 15 times in a day and refresh 50 times while on it, but you would only be counted as one hit for that day.

Jessica’s counter counts every time anyone hits her blog AND anytime you refresh (and we all know how many times we refresh the site each day). That means 10 people could have hit the blog today and each hit refresh 20 times. Jessica’s counter will give her 200 hits, but a real hit counter would only count 10 hits, because that is the real traffic.

So the counter on this site is really measuring how addicted we are to the blog. . . showing how many times it gets refreshed everyday, not how many viewers their really is.

Once again I hope this has enlightened your day.
Thank you for listening. . . and being bored.

Josh said...

JD- You'd have to read a couple days of the blog from a week or two ago to understand. Basically, I said Georgia could only have 1/2 taco and was coming to TX to enforce it. Jessica posted that pic on the home page so I could see that see got tacoS. I just thought it was funny to keep around another day or two.

Josh said...

Want you really meant was all this suspense is driving you MORE coo coo, right Harvy?

I’m outta here for a while.

Josh said...

Bronchiolitis:
Bronchiolitis is an infection of the lung's airways. It most often occurs in young children, commonly between 3 and 6 months of age. About one in nine babies gets bronchiolitis in his or her first year of life, usually during the fall and winter months.
The infection starts out with signs and symptoms similar to those of a common cold but then progresses to coughing and wheezing. Although a child's bout of bronchiolitis may be scary, particularly for parents, signs and symptoms typically last for about a week and then go away. In the meantime, you can take a number of self-help measures to make your child more comfortable.

Read More Here

Josh said...

Go to that link, lots of good info. Keep clicking "Next" and reading.

BethC said...

John' surgery was amazingly successful!!! only a little over an hour...
he's now in recovery
his injuries are stable.
wow, awesome God

Toby's healing too.
clear breathing
wisdom for doctors/nurses

Beth said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay God!!!!!!!!!!

Josh said...

Praise God!

So glad to hear both of them are doing better!

Mama PC said...

wow!!!!!!!

lots happens in a 24 hour period!!!

GOD IS GOOD...

Thank you Lord for healing our family members.... John and Tobias...

Mama PC said...

what hosp is toby in??? ?

Mama PC said...

i have got several BADNEWS/GOODNEWS THINGS TO SHARE......anyone interestical?

jess said...

Toby is getting a few tests. He's had an x-ray, and will be in an oxegen tent tonight. So were camping here at the hospital. Just turn the undies inside out and we'll be ok.

jess said...

Toby and the Clarks are here at the Memorial Herman in the Woodlands. Joy

Mama PC said...

hey, richy - do you all need us to bring anything by???

Mama PC said...

OK - since all are so interested in BADNEWS/GOODNEWS trivia.... jess, i thought you'd like to share in my problems..... (you haven't had enough of your own lately..)

the first BAD thing i HAVE to share today....... not seriously bad..... (but not something you want to have happen to you...)

i got in my car - and the a.c. was totally not working...... all this hot air was shooting out of the vents......and i thought..... this is all we need....... two cars wrecked in a month's time, john's a/c is going out..and now MY a/c is going out....... a light was coming on on the dash.... so i diverted my trip home to the dealership... thankfully it's still under warranty... thank God i have a newish car..... i am so overly blessed.... but i didn't want to drive in the heat sans a/c.....

anyway.... i didn't grumble too much...

then, when i told the serviceman my troubles......

he just peered in to look at the lights on the dash...and then asked me if I had tried turning the a/c *ON* .......

okay... that's the GOOD (yet humiliating) news.....

lINDS says i'm now showing signs of age.......

Mama PC said...

jess, is VAL actually in labor now? jen R sent out an email stating that (along with prayer requests.)

BethC said...

John is getting better by the hour
but experiences periodic intense pain.
No, Val is not in labor at this time.
please pray, we are having some issues of "staff tensions".
actually, we are all fatigued and fighting stress....peace

jess said...

I hadn't heard that....

Update
Toby's chest x-ray shows a possible aspiration and bronchiolitis. (richy typing) The plan is to put him on antibiotics tonight and do another X-ray in the morning. Thanks for your prayers

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jess said...

pray that T will calm down and sleep.... I keep taking him out of his tent to calm him down, but he needs to sleep and get all that good o2

jess said...

post